Forums > RWBY

Is Raven "The" villian?

Posts (117)

• Vae62

Vae62 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33134550 - 3 years ago

In reply to Vivamort

Seems to be, but I see a lot of similarities in Salem's appearance and Raven's. I would bet they are connected somehow, whether they be adversaries or not is up in the air. And goddamn am I mad that we gotta wait another 6+ months for hopes of seeing Raven appear. I NEED INFO!!!

• InfinityArch

InfinityArch FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33134575 - 3 years ago

In reply to Vivamort

Of course; now the questions is more "is she ONE of the villains or one of the heroes?"

• persimelinoe

persimelinoe

#33134580 - 3 years ago

Spoiler: No. Watch the latest episode.

• persimelinoe

persimelinoe

#33134689 - 3 years ago

In reply to Schattenjaeger Well, I wasn't specific...

• Burning_Zero

Burning_Zero FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gunpla is Freedom!

#33134744 - 3 years ago

Raven may not be the villian, maybe Cinder's mommy. Oh wait spoilers.

• InfinityArch

InfinityArch FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33134769 - 3 years ago

In reply to seaia13

Well she isn't THE villain, which was pretty apparent since she wasn't voiced by Jen Taylor. She could very well be on the villains side, but at this point, it seems more likely she's a third party.

• ceruleansorbeltz

ceruleansorbeltz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33145302 - 3 years ago

Here's a thought: what if Raven is aware of Salem, but simply doesn't agree with how Ozpin and Co. are going about stopping/obstructing her? If he involved Qrow in the whole protection society thing, I can easily see him having tried to involve Raven as well. Maybe she has a plan that's separate from either 'side,' and that's why she's mostly off the radar?

• Person012345

Person012345

#33145759 - 3 years ago

Remember that she uses the same grimm-style portal to move around as cinder used to summon the bug grimm, as she uses when she uses her floor-laser attack, with tthe same kind of theme as the markings on salem and is seen in all of the OPs as a sort of ominous object. I doubt she isn't somehow connected to Salem or the grimm. Perhaps having broken away from them but retaining some powers, if you want to consider her a good guy?

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33146507 - 3 years ago

In reply to ChaosWalking

With Qrow, we find out that he's the one that rescued Amber from their ambush. The question is, why didn't Qrow ever see them while he was at Beacon? Mercury was bascially worried that he might ID them, and considering Qrow's the covert op guy of Ozpin's group, he'd have a keen eye for detail. Not only that, but Mercury and Emerald make no attempt to disguise themselves. I'm thinking Raven's not the only one we need to worry about.....

• Vivamort

Vivamort FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33207078 - 3 years ago

Well new info on Raven came out with Shane's letter. Apparently there was supposed to be a scene where Raven attacked team JNPR in Vol 3. Maybe this could be evidence of her being part of the bad guys. But I am not going to put too much weight on it because,

1) It didn't happen, they didn't make the scene so it isn't canon.

2) the attack might have been motivated by something else not related to Salem's or any other Team Evil plan/plot.

3) The letter also made it seem as if the team didn't really have a plan for Raven, which is strange given her association with that Eye of Sauron effect that appears in all 3 openings, but no solid plans would mean, she isn't an important plot element.

• fireflyrocked

fireflyrocked FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33207121 - 3 years ago

In reply to Vivamort

I was wondering if you saw that too.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33207157 - 3 years ago

In reply to Vivamort

Either that or she was a Red Herring like I'd originally thought.

• Spack3rz

Spack3rz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33207225 - 3 years ago

In reply to Vivamort

I'd assumed they cut because it didn't make much sense in the plot (like the SSSN vs JNPR fight). I'm hoping that if this fight matters to the plot, we'll get to see her fight RNGR instead.

• JMullz92

JMullz92

#33207302 - 3 years ago

i just recently started watching rwby and binged it all in about 3 days. that being said i wouldnt say that raven is the villan. i think she broke off from the hunters/huntresses, either going mia on a mission, or making a pact with the grim that beacon didnt really take to (hence the grim mask/portal she opened). i think she is still protecting humanity but sort of on the fringe of everything, keeping her nose out of everyones business because A: qrow said she has a different view of the world as most people, and B: she got the powers she has to help humanity, ozpin didnt see it that way. i think they will touch on ruby's mother soon because of how she is in the picture, half hooded, cant really see her whole face, correct me if i'm wrong but she has one orangish eye in the photo that you can see, does she not? given im new to the series so this is just a nub's theory, but for some reason watching from the beginning with no backstory, i got the idea that cinder is some how related to ruby. between their size, features, hair, and the orange eyes that cinder has. furthurmore, queen is CLEARLY dat homegirl they showed at the end of the volume 3, noooootttt raven. i also dont remember raven talking to yang, i thought she saved her and walked away before yang's head was clear. i also think neo did know who she was, but that she was an enemy, and a super powerful enemy that neo couldnt beat, so she dipped up out of their before raven, the super powerful, (probably considered crazy because of all of her grim stuff) cut her up for attacking her daughter.

• JMullz92

JMullz92

#33207313 - 3 years ago

disregard what i said about cinder, forgot that whole conversation at the end about ruby's and her mom's silver eyes BUT, raven has orange eye's. you guys might be right lol

• persimelinoe

persimelinoe

#33208908 - 3 years ago

In reply to Spack3rz

SSSn vs. JNPR makes sense in the context of the tournament, I think it got dropped because of time/money.

• persimelinoe

persimelinoe

#33208909 - 3 years ago

In reply to JMullz92

Raven's got red eyes.