Forums > RWBY

What is the "End game" here?

Posts (19)

• fireflyrocked

fireflyrocked FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32938331 - 2 years ago

Hi- I'm new to posting but have been on this site for years, early RvB days. I guess I'm just venting because if you have RWBY OCD like me, you are fried right now. 1 ep in 3 weeks? Like Hg said, " I hate waaaiting". Anyway, tell me if you think I'm off the mark here. What is the big picture?

Vol 1 was intros. Vol 2 was all about getting Atlas army to occupy Vale. Old man Schnee gave the bad guys giant robots in exchange for driving up dust prices. Cinder hacks the mainframe. Now we have all the best fighters in the world in one place and it is occupied by Atlas army which is mostly robots. So the plan is? 1. Cinder hacks the Atlas robots to turn against the people 2. Everybody freaks and that brings the grimm. Vale is overrun. Vale falls. But then what? How does the white fang and Adam fit into this? Move in after and take over? For what? Some kind of revenge thing? What is the bottom line? What do you guys think is going on?

• HarryGoodair

HarryGoodair Part Time Alcoholic

#32938332 - 2 years ago

That's actually a really plausible theory, but there are so many ways this could go.

• fireflyrocked

fireflyrocked FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32938353 - 2 years ago

In reply to HarryGoodair

Yes I agree.. I'm mostly killing time untill Crunchyroll updates.

Nice axe by the way-ff

• HarryGoodair

HarryGoodair Part Time Alcoholic

#32938357 - 2 years ago

In reply to fireflyrocked

Ahaha thanks dude, that thing's my baby!

• 09philj

09philj

#32938411 - 2 years ago

From what we have, the bits fit together like this. I can pin down the method fairy well, but the ultimate motives elude me in some places.

The endgame of the current stage of the plan (which I don't think is the last, unless there's something I don't know) is to have the White Fang attack the tournament at the victory ceremony and use the Bishop virus to either disable or control the Atlas military presence. The attack will, of course, be broadcast worldwide. This will destroy the morale of the world at large, attracting large numbers of Grimm. As the icing on the cake, the atrocity's perpetrators have just defeated the strongest trainee hunters outright in front of a global audience. As to what comes next, I don't know. Total war seems likely, though.

• Spack3rz

Spack3rz

#32938416 - 2 years ago

Personal theory - Everything's going to go wrong this volume, or in the next. Remnant is going to go to war with itself. The Grimm are going to cause problems because they are being controlled/created by Raven. In the end it will become a struggle for Ruby and Friends to build together the broken world and stop Cinder and Raven doing evil stuff.

• ceruleansorbeltz

ceruleansorbeltz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32939837 - 2 years ago

Honestly, I get the vibe that it's simply a coup d'etat. Cinder (or whoever she's secretly working for) might be a nobody in terms of world politics, but it's difficult to deny someone who has total control over the military (the Atlesian Knights and maybe Penny?), a secret police force (could see the White Fang filling this role, as they'd get legal justification to make the average human suffer), and high level enforcers (Merc, Emerald, Neo, Cinder if she's not actually the boss) capable of handling what few hunters might be brave/powerful enough to bypass all the other defenses.

• fireflyrocked

#32939876 - 2 years ago

In reply to Spack3rz

We are on the same mind path here except this.I don't think anybody is creating grimm as they have always been out there. The head bad guy is making "things that Are fear" that will attract grimm. With Raven I still can't decide if she is the "Queen" or the "Guardian"

In reply to 09philj

I agree with you on most of it, except I think it will hit the fan before the end of the tourny.

• fireflyrocked

#32939879 - 2 years ago

In reply to DerekAbraham

Cool theory twist. I don't think Penny is hackable tho, having an aura and all.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Spack3rz

Spack3rz

#32939883 - 2 years ago

I'very literally only just realised this, but if Yang is the light, then that would mean that Raven would be the dark, as Yin. Get it... because it's like Yin and Yang... idk.

• fireflyrocked

#32939885 - 2 years ago

In reply to Spack3rz

Good one. Made me grimm-I mean grin.

• Spack3rz

Spack3rz

#32939953 - 2 years ago

Well played XD

• ceruleansorbeltz

ceruleansorbeltz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32941508 - 2 years ago

She could be! xD It's been established that she's a robot, and robot means programs, which means interfaces, which can be taken over by another program given enough time and lack of failsafes. While I doubt that hacking Penny would be as easy as just uploading a virus, it could be possible to actively hack her so long as you have a way to keep all the failsafes (self-destruct, system wipe, etc.) from triggering while you're at it.

• fireflyrocked

#32941535 - 2 years ago

In reply to DerekAbraham

Penny is a cyborg not a robot and she can generate aura so she has a "soul". To me that means she has a human brain and can't be hacked. I hope so anyway.

• 09philj

09philj

#32941689 - 2 years ago

Huh. I thought I was the only one convinced of that.

• lizrosee

lizrosee

#32941789 - 2 years ago

Hmm but I wouldn't say she couldn't be 'hacked'. It's clear she's not a mindless robot and has basic cognitive functions, but that doesn't make her human. She is technology essentially, soul or no soul. I think if she were to get hacked that could be pretty fatal considering she was built to supposedly 'save the world'. Perhaps she might be strong enough to stop herself or fight back, because of her 'soul'.

• fireflyrocked

#32941809 - 2 years ago

In reply to lizrosee

I see your point. Penny obviously has some programming or she would not be "combat ready". I think the angle they will go for is putting her into a situation where she has to choose between right or wrong, good or bad, Ruby or Father. That would be a cool storyline don't you think?

• lizrosee

lizrosee

#32941894 - 2 years ago

Yea that would be interesting. I think it was somewhat explored when we were first introduced to Penny. Now that she's had a taste of freedom, perhaps she'll become more rebellious. She kind of reminds me of Pinocchio in that sense. Though, I suppose you mean a situation more serious, such as life or death. I think Penny, being good natured and fairly empathetic would obviously have issues choosing either one if you're talking in a sense of siding with Ironwood or Ruby. Depends on the situation though I guess. I get a feeling Ironwood will go too far this season, whether that means he's on the bad side or his sense of justice will lead him to take extreme measures. So if that were the case, I think Penny would probably, though reluctantly, choose to fight against him for the greater good. That is what she was created to do after all.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33739971 - 2 weeks ago

What ever happened to Penny?  

A Penny found is a Penny earned.