Forums > RWBY

Curious Fan Question About Aura

Posts (5)

• trademarkdkill

trademarkdkill FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Trade Markd Kill

#32949494 - 3 years ago

So I am kind of getting into writing up a team even though I lack the drawing abilities but I was curious about Aura and if this has been brought up in anyway.

When you are struck and your aura blocks the attack, how is that aura affected? Is it like an energy shield that just gets weaker until it has time to recharge itself? Does your aura disperse into the air until you regain by absorbing the natural energies around you? What really happens to aura after someone takes a hit?

• triox11

triox11

#32949648 - 3 years ago

its like a shield of your inner energy( maybe affected by your state of mind) wich will get weaker if it gets hit. If you get hit the Aura on this Place of yoru Body Dissapears and needs to be createt Again this is not harmfull but strenth draining

• 09philj

09philj

#32949652 - 3 years ago

As far as we know (seriously, we need a WoR on this.) it's a field that surrounds the body and will absorb some of the force of attacks and will protect against edged weapons until it weakens too much to work. It appears to recharge over time.

• DeadProphet

DeadProphet Gym Rat

#32949744 - 3 years ago

My assumption is that aura works very similar to normal energy consumption. Aura can be manipulated in several ways from what we have seen so far, but I believe that there are limits too it's use. I believe everyone has a certain amount of aura in reserve and when they block an attack without the aid of a weapon or shield it takes from that reserve. There is a certain limitation to how much someone can take and dish out. I also think awareness has a lot to do with the usage of aura as well. From how Emerald knocked out coco from 70% I think it was because her aura didn't activate to protect her. But it probably still kept her from being sliced open unconsciously. That being said I believe that any aura shields can be regenerated at the cost of aura consumption, like everything else.

• trademarkdkill

trademarkdkill FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Trade Markd Kill

#32949805 - 3 years ago

So do we have any idea about how its consumed? Is there a possibility of it having some sort of dispersion once it is hit and drained?