Forums > RWBY

Chapter 6: Fall

Posts (166)

• TyMartinez

TyMartinez FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32951597 - 3 years ago

So interesting way to end the season for the year. So we learn about the story of the four sisters at first when I heard that they were connected to the seasons I thought we knew who three of the four sisters were Summer Winter Autum but when we got introduced to amber that Idea had to be changed. So from here I have a strong feeling that summer was a maiden and that is the reason she was killed and I wouldnt be surprised if she was that her powers got past to Ruby.

Knowing that Ozpin Qrow ironwood and Goodwitch want to transfer Ambers power into Pyrrha Im wondering what she will choose.

Next the fight between Yang and Mercury I enjoyed the fight and I knew Yang would have a difficult time since Monty said in the past that Yang had trouble with people who kicked. anyway I enjoyed the fight.

Finally that ending. I didnt expect that I dont know what to believe anymore the camera footage shows Yang breaking Mercurys leg but we saw him attack her and it was self defence. Im wondering If Mercury's semblence can cause people to see diffrent outcomes from what they are doing. This could also be Cinder doing it since we have no Idea the extent of the maidens powers. So we see yang get taken by security and it seems the Goliath grimm are moving forward. Im wondering how yangs "attack" will effect the rest of team Rwby and what will happen since the grimm seem to be on the move to attack vale. Well have to see in the next episode that comes out at the start of next year.

• Cronios

Cronios FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Cronios X

#32951628 - 3 years ago

Actually, it was Emerald's semblance. We see a "teaser" of it on episode 4 when Mercury and Emerald fought Coco and Yatsuhashi. Coco saw Yatsuhashi behind her when fighting Emerald, but then it was shown he was just then knocked out, and then he was no where to be seen. Emerald's semblance is Illusions.

• shandromand

shandromand FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Writing Prompt Wednesday

#32951653 - 3 years ago

I thought Neo was the illusionist in Cinder's camp. Perhaps they are cheating - notice you don't see her anywhere during the doubles match. Could it be because she was using her semblance to hide and help her teammates?

• ruby-xiao-long

ruby-xiao-long

#32951672 - 3 years ago

I can't watch the episode sadly.

• ruby-xiao-long

ruby-xiao-long

#32951675 - 3 years ago

It's for sponsors only and if the rest of the episodes are gonna be this way then I won't be able to watch the rest of the episodes

• sthom0202

sthom0202

#32951686 - 3 years ago

I definitely think that Ruby is the Summer Maiden. They say in the episode, when a Maiden dies her power will be transferred to the last person she thought of. If Summer was a Maiden (and I say good chance) then it would only be natural for Ruby to be the last person she thought of. And bam, Ruby becomes the Summer Maiden. This would explain A LOT. Like why Ozpin takes her to his school two years early, why he picked her to the lead the team, and why Qrow taught her to fight. Also, why she is so powerful.

As for Raven...I don't think she's a maiden. It makes sense from the point of her being so powerful. But. The fall maiden is Amber (possibly going to be Pyrrah, and half her powers are already with Cinder). If Summer Rose was the Summer Maiden (now Ruby), that only leaves the Spring and Winter Maidens. I just don't see her fitting those two.

As for Pyrrah...yeah, I'm concerned there. I really, really like Pyrrah I don't want her to be messed up by taking someone else's aura. Though, I can see it going off without a problem (maybe she gets Amber's memories or something?) but I can also see it going really, really badly. And I don't want that! She needs to be with Jaune!! Dang it!

Great episode, can't wait until Jan 2.

• TyMartinez

TyMartinez FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32951687 - 3 years ago

In reply to MEK1724

I don't think Raven is part of cinders group just because she saves her daughter and Neo ran away from her. Plus we have no idea what she told yang at the end of volume 2 and I'm wondering how that will affect the rest of the season

• Xyzantylzethyrioses

Xyzantylzethyrioses

#32951693 - 3 years ago

I believe the name is Ember, not Amber. That's sure what it sounded like to me, and: Since names are such strong identifiers of the people on Remnant, or at least in RWBY (hair is often color coded to the person's name, Semblances often tie in with names, and other themes), it would make sense for the old Autumn to be named Ember - her magic involves fire. Cinder has fire without Dust or her Semblance (Ruby said, "I don't think it was her Semblance, though," after the hacking in Volume 2, and she doesn't carry Dust with her except possibly in her clothes, but she's used plenty of sets of clothes and that would be a headache - the Dust in clothes was probably a distraction for us back then), and it's quite clear that they want us to believe Cinder attacked Ember, so the fire-themed names for the Autumn maiden would make sense.

Yes, I'm sure Neo or Emerald (probably Neo, since we KNOW that's her Semblance) was involved in the controversy. She probably surrounded the ring with an illusion so the cameras - and audience - didn't get the truth. It's possible, although less likely, that the illusion was only for Yang and she really did punch him when he was helpless.

I don't think Yang will be disowned by her team, but there will certainly be some distance. I expect Ruby to be the first to ask Yang about what happened and to sympathize.

It really doesn't seem like Winter is ...Winter. It would be nice and thematic for the Schnees to be winter, but she isn't very OP (yet) and uses Dust, weapons, and her Semblance. It's possible that this is just to hide her main powers, but that's still stretching the evidence.

I'd like to think that Summer was Summer. That leaves questions and dead ends, though. Why did she die, and who has Summer now? Ruby is an obvious possibility, but she sure seems pretty normal.

Spring... likely has not been hinted at yet. Maybe someone else sees something.

It doesn't look like anyone has mentioned that Ironwood is clearly referring to Penny when he discussed Aura technology. We don't know whether she has her own artificial Aura or she was "donated" somebody's Aura. Putting Penny in the tournament is a great way for him to test the limits of Aura transferring/creation.

In reply to Ruby-Xiao-Long

Episodes are released on Sunday for non-sponsors. That's how it has always been this season. I also advise not spoiling yourself by reading the chapter-specific threads, like this one, on Saturday.

EDIT: Yet another thing to add. Mercury, at zero Aura, was most certainly damaged when Yang punched him, meaning Aura is indeed the only thing preventing the heroes (and villains) from literally breaking under the impacts of combat. Their bodies are normal except for the Aura helping them. This is fairly expected, but it's the first real confirmation that people can be hurt at all.

• Xyzantylzethyrioses

Xyzantylzethyrioses

#32951728 - 3 years ago

In reply to MEK1724

All we know about Raven's involvement is that she knew Yang needed help, and knew how to teleport to the train. I think she's just pretending to work with the White Fang and Cinder, but cares enough for her daughter. It's possible that she didn't stop the train because she expected everyone else to be able to overcome the consequences - she didn't need to - and involving herself would blow her cover. That's probably what I would do if I was being Sneaky McSneakington.

It's plenty possible that she's evil, but I think it's less likely.

Which season would Raven be?

• Summer: Summer donated her powers when she died. Possible.
    • Winter: The theme is way off. Meh.
    • Spring: The theme is even farther off and we don't know about Spring.
    • Autumn: Taken.
  • Nathan5027

Nathan5027 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32951787 - 3 years ago

I believe it was Neo that put Yang under an illusion that she was being attacked, after all what would be easier, putting one person under an illusion, or an entire stadium and all its Cameras?

I'm now expecting similar character assasinations on other characters, like Pyrrha, whilst differrent things'll happen to break peoples trust in Huntsmen or in each other, something will come up about Weiss and her family, Blake will have her White Fang past revealed, Jaune will have his false transcripts revealed.

at the end of the opening, RWBY has all of their friends ripped away from them, then as the team is sat back to back, all except Ruby are looking down in depresion/despair, i think by the end of this volume, Ruby will be the only thing holding RWBY together

• coolio121

coolio121 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32951788 - 3 years ago

you will be able to see it tomorrow spomsors just get early access

• .N7.

.N7. FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32951866 - 3 years ago

Everyone is saying that Yang was the one under the illusion but at the end of the fight she is closer to the exit than Merc was and the camera footage clearly shows her walking past Merc before breaking his leg. This could be a error in the animation but that seems very unlikely because these guys have been on top of the little things this season so it makes sense that the illusion was around the fighting area so that the cameras and audience saw something different from what the combatants saw. Also Emerald managed to get out into the middle of that arena pretty quickly so she was probably expecting or making something happen.

The unprovoked attack story is only going to last until Qrow talks to yang and says he's seen illusions in the field before then the 4 heads will figure out that Cinder's team is the problem and we will have more fighting on our hands.

• Nathan5027

Nathan5027 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32951871 - 3 years ago

In reply to epicnonja

even if they figure it out, I expect Neo (still think it was her, not Emerald) will be interfearing in other fights too, causing more disruptions/Character assasinations, making it impossible to pinpoint the exact cause of the illusions

• Xyzantylzethyrioses

Xyzantylzethyrioses

#32951876 - 3 years ago

In reply to epicnonja

That's what I thought, but I didn't want to try to give any false "evidence". Yang wouldn't choose and feel herself walking away when she's not actually walking away. Therefore, Neo bubbled the entire arena.

• MRjokerPT

MRjokerPT

#32951880 - 3 years ago

So wait. After this episode we have to wait 1 or 2 weeks for the next episode?

• .N7.

.N7. FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32951885 - 3 years ago

In reply to MRjokerPT

3 weeks, January 2nd in the next plot episode.

In reply to Xyzantylzethyrioses

In reply to Nathan5027

We have no clue what the extent of the powers of Cinder's faction are so it could be Cinder, Neo, Emerald, or someone we haven't seen yet so I'm just going off of what makes the most sense with the info we have.

• Stop0x7D

Stop0x7D FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32951899 - 3 years ago

In reply to epicnonja

That does seem the most likely explanation. My only issue with the cameras seeing the illusion is that in that case they should have also picked up the Yatsuhashi illusion that Coco saw. But that would be kind of a giveaway once Yang tells her side of the story, and it happening twice with the villains in the ring would draw more attention to them than they probably want.

Also, whether Qrow's seen illusions before or not I'd expect Yang to be cleared pretty quickly once she explains herself. It's not like anyone can deny the possibility of an illusion-based semblance, especially in a stadium filled with huntsmen students.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32951906 - 3 years ago

In reply to Nathan5027

What about the part of the opening where RWBY and JNPR are charging at an army of Grimm?

• lizrosee

lizrosee

#32951932 - 3 years ago

You have to wait until Sunday at 10 to watch the episodes for non sponsors.

• lizrosee

lizrosee

#32951944 - 3 years ago

I think it would be rather cliche for The Four Maidens to actually be named after the season they represent. How would one even coordinate that? From what it sounds like, these girls aren't given the power at birth. So to name them after a season in hopes that they'll receive that maiden's powers seems far-fetched to me. They said the process of selecting a new maiden was intimate, so I doubt they had put some system in place either where they had candidates to receive the power. The system would be tricky too. If the maiden who had just received her powers and died, then who would be next? There wouldn't be another candidate yet and if there were, then there's also a chance that woman would never receive the power either and then who would they choose from there? Plus they said the powers were given to YOUNG girls, so it almost sounds like you'd have to be in a certain age range to receive the power, like adolescent to maybe 20ish. What if the candidate outgrew the acceptable age range?

If Ruby were the Summer Maiden, why hasn't she witnessed any of its power? From your perspectives, she would have received the power as a toddler or infant and grown up with it. Don't know exactly what these powers entail, but if your speculations about The Autumn Maiden's powers being fire related, then there's a good chance the rest are also element based. I just don't think it's possible for Ruby to grow up and not have one experience where she had some extra and unexplained power. Being herself, she would be extremely curious about the whole thing. She could already tell that Cinder's power wasn't her semblance, so she could probably be able to differentiate what was her own semblance and what was the maiden power. That being said however, with the element-based power theory, The Summer Maiden's power could be wind. Wind would work well with Ruby's semblance of speed, though I'm not sure if someone can keep their semblance after receiving the maidens' powers? Also, I don't recall a time where Ruby's used wind except for during the food fight with JNPR, but that could also just be attributed to her semblance of speed.

Here's a thought, what if all these season named girls are the daughters of a maiden? Don't think it would mean much in the long run, but it would make more sense to me.

• ravensep

ravensep

#32951965 - 3 years ago

Hey guys, what if Summer was the Summer maiden, but then her power passed on to Qrow? Then he would be a Summer.....man? lad? butler?

what?

• Xyzantylzethyrioses

Xyzantylzethyrioses

#32951983 - 3 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

It's possible that the teams will be somewhat separated (relationship-wise), yet will have to fight together against the Grimm. If they're still at school and the Grimm attack the school, why wouldn't they fight together, even if they're not best buds at the moment? Maybe I'm not understanding your question.

In reply to lizrosee

Everyone seems to be named "properly" anyway. Ruby Rose has rose petals and is red. Yang Xiao Long is yellow. Blake Belladonna is black. Weiss Schnee is white and lives up where it snows a lot. Nora Valkyrie has lightning powers. Cinder Fall has some of the Autumn powers. Emerald Sustrai is green. Ciel Soleil is blue. Etc.

Lack of awareness of the power is why I don't think Ruby is Summer, just like you said.

In reply to ravensep

"Unless it's a dude, or some old hag. Then the power goes to someone random."

The power does not go to males.

EDIT: Another thing I wanted to say earlier, but forgot! Qrow walked like a crow. Hands behind his back, head and neck forward. (Underground scene.)

• akh101

akh101 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32951988 - 3 years ago

In reply to ravensep

Hey guys, what if Summer was the Summer maiden, but then her power passed on to Qrow? Then he would be a Summer.....man? lad? butler?

what?

I'm not even sure now at this point, this episode just turn my understating of Remnant upside down....

I don't even have word to describe this, I hope we get a video about them have a better understating of these "maidens".

• VargDerlion

VargDerlion FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32952080 - 3 years ago

Just, I don;t know what to think, I do believe that her team mates will believe her but everyone else will have a bad perception of yang now but what might have happened if she would have just taken the kick? would she have gotten knocked down or what may have happened? Maybe most of this could have been avoided or do you think that mercury always intended for yang to break his leg and he knew it was going to happen but the way he was fighting I don't think he knew he was going to lose, I think he thought he was going to wil and that this was a desperation measure but then again we have to consider why cinder left before the fight even started, especially considering she has rigged a fight before to make mercury and emerald fight coco and yatsuhashi could she have also rigged the fight for mercury and yang?

• duke743

duke743 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32952109 - 3 years ago

In reply to Xyzantylzethyrioses

i think Neo was the one who caused the incident. if you rewatch past episodes she only uses her power when her umbrella is open and the only thing that is affected by her power is inside the umbrella. what if her power is she can create a dome around a certain point and while everything inside the dome looks normal she can alter what appears on the outside which is why it shatters in volume 2 when yang attacks it