Forums > RWBY

RWBY character ideas

Posts (3539)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33742917 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Ashcalon So...tell us something about this character!

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742963 - 2 weeks ago

maxresdefault.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33743946 - 1 week ago

Hey guys! Been a while, but I finally decided to revamp some of my former Team OC emblems. Below are the former emblems followed by the new ones! Please let me know if these seem any better or not. (Also, yes I know, the last emblem isn't changed at all, but that was simply because I felt it unnecessary for there to be any changes made, aside from the removal of the lettering.)

Old:

BfvxhUb.png

New:

VIJxAcb.png

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743965 - 1 week ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis They're quite a bit different from how canon emblems look, but I'm guessing it's just a style you're going for seeing as all your team emblems look like that.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33744087 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Yeah, I'm not much for the use of simplistic shapes nor being without some use of symbolism present...

They all bear their weapons represented as to show that they are always prepared to fight on a moment's notice. As for the rest of the symbolism...

Garrison's shows bolts around the symbol, a sure sign that he is bound by a will of steel in a way. If you look, you might notice the symbol itself is an aspen leaf, using Garrison's weapon as the stem. This represents how he fights intuitively for the sake of environment over other, really. What makes this interesting is the fact that he also leads the team, though I don't think I'd have to explain why.

Ravi's is... actually pretty straightforward. A shuriken surrounded by outward-facing structure, all poised as if protecting their center. This points more towards the defensive nature of his Semblance, which makes it stand out from his seemingly offensive approach.

Indigo's is... Hard to explain, really... Then again, so is the character himself. He himself is intended to be... unpredictable for the most part. This is actually where the center section comes in, because you could say the lack of predictability is the highlight of any scene, hence why the center looks something like a film strip. As for his nature, the majority of the emblem is representations of his weapon seemingly scattered, yet structured. A sort of... order to the chaos, if you will.

As for Meredith's emblem, I kept it the same, as it kept the two-color theme and also represents her just as well as any emblem I could ever think of for her. The emblem itself is a curious, incomplete eye around a pattern that includes her weapon; herself, if you will. This represents how she both exerts and avoid certain aspects of attention. Even her Semblance is a reflection of this, which is why this fits so well. 

That being said, I've been planning a revamp of my OC emblems in this sort of manner. There are some that I'll be leaving the same, but most should be seeing a change at some point... In any case, did that all make sense, or is there anything that didn't make all that much sense?

• DekZek

DekZek

#33744130 - 1 week ago

This is two halves of two separate ideas so if someone wants to use them, feel free.

Idea 1:

So, I was thinking of how one could replicate Pyrrha's semblance, and I got an idea because of it. A character whose weapons are two gauntlets, which each contain electromagnets. Depending on wat they need to do, they can turn on the Magnets with varying amounts of strength, and mess with their opponent. On low strength, you can use them in a similar manner to Pyrrha's semblance, where she makes slight adjustments to the opponent to prevent them from dealing damage. On higher strengths, the gauntlets can attract/repel bullets or even take a weapon straight from the opponent's hands. However, this could cause problems because it can't be focused as easily.

Idea 2:

A character with a semblance where they can trade spots with another object, by focusing on the object. If they master this, they could strike out of nowhere, and vanish just to strike again before the opponents can comprehend what's going on. Probably by throwing a ton of pellets into the air, and "teleporting" in and out of combat.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33744142 - 1 week ago

In reply to DekZek

Both could definitely use a lot of work in terms of limitations and such... Neither of them give any indication of what this does in terms of hindrance or Aura cost. There's no viable detriments being presented here.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33744180 - 1 week ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis I think they're fine, aura cost is usually just silently implied with any semblance. I quite like the second one especially.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33744495 - 1 week ago

I said hindrance OR Aura cost. These both can be really powerful in their own right, with no indication of a downside to them. Even the first one doesn't even specify what the problems that could follow could be.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33744501 - 1 week ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis Well, that one's not a semblance, it's just a weapon.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33744550 - 1 week ago

Oh, I guess I missed that bit. Whoops! Well in that case, I would imagine it to be accomplished by a specific mix of Electric and Gravity Dust, not electromagnets. Electromagnets would require an INSANE amount of power for that level of effect, even for the lower end of ability...

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744718 - 1 week ago

Stan Lee has passed away

• DekZek

DekZek

#33745009 - 5 days ago

So I thought more about my first idea, and I think the gauntlets would work best with a full set of armor, except its on a person who is really short/lean (about the same size as Oscar). The entire armor is powered by electricity/gravity dust, to the point where the person literally cannot move without using it, but in exchange it offers a ton of protection from damage. In that case, the electromagnet effects are just a side-effect of how the armor operates. Instead, the actual weapon is an equally ridiculously large axe. I was thinking of a sword, but not enough people have axes, plus it sells the whole idea of the character better.

The electromagnet effects are just a byproduct of the design of the armor, which was then implemented into it for better convenience. As the armor moves, because it is large, metal, and has current running through it (how else would it be controlled), it creates a magnetic field, which the strength of can be altered by either changing the amount of current flowing (if there's too little current running through, the part of the armor "shuts down" because there isn't enough electricity to power it to move), or by changing the user's speed (the faster the movement, the stronger the field).

Electric Dust still creates electricity, so might as well use principles of electricity to explain the behavior of an armor which relies heavily upon it. I'd imagine this character relies almost entirely on Electric Dust, with a small amount of gravity dust (need to balance things out somehow).