Forums > RWBY

Introducing people to RWBY. Need advice.

Posts (7)

• trademarkdkill

trademarkdkill FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Trade Markd Kill

#32954199 - 3 years ago

So for the holidays I have a friend that I've convinced to sit down and Binge some RWBY with me. I was curious on what would be best. I wanna start from the 4 trailers but dont know if I should give them the world of remnants to help them understand whats going on before I get into the first volume. Has anyone introduced someone to RWBY? If so what have you shown them in what order?

• GiantPancakeWAWR

GiantPancakeWAWR FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32954219 - 3 years ago

Personally, i didnt show my friend the trailers. I jsut started off imeddiatly, and when it comes to a point (Where Yang goes into the club) I stop and tell him to go to RWBY yellow trailer. I just went in sequencial order, and even without remenant, you still can understand the storyline fairly easy

• fireflyrocked

fireflyrocked FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32954268 - 3 years ago

In reply to trademarkdkill

I've done it 3 times and they turned into RWBY fanatics like me. I want to apologize up front because I'm about to sound like a stupid commercial.

I have a Chromecast devise. That lets you send whatever you are watching onto your big flatscreen.

Chrome has a contract with many web sites that hook you directly to their server so you get perfect HD and that, has an impact. So I did it like this.

1. "Crunchyroll". Showed them all the WOR eps. Called it "world building"

2. Character intro. used the "youtube" called "rwby all 4 trailers in 1" I think the trailers are a prereq.

3. Showed them vol 1+2 in movie form on "Netflix" best way to make it flow

4. back to "Crunchyroll" vol 3.

I know everybody can't do this, but its been a no fail for me. RT is a great website for content but their servers suck. I think they know.

• Mr_Ilax

Mr_Ilax FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Yang Shot First ;)

#32954393 - 3 years ago

I watched the Netflix "mesh" seasons first and got hooked. So did my wife and brother. After that we saw the trailers and World of Remnant. It was kind of nice not knowing Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang were on a team together until the Emerald Forest.

However, information from the World of Remnant would have been nice to have before I started watching. But without watching the show, the WoR don't really mean anything to an uninterested person.

The trailers don't really add anything. They are really teasers more than anything.

So just throw them in to the show, or show them the trailers or WoR first, but don't go jumping around.

• Nathan5027

Nathan5027

#32954555 - 3 years ago

i think it's better if you atleast watch ep 1 without seeing the trailers first.

when i first watched RWBY, i saw it on crunchyroll nd thought the trailers were just normal hype building trailers, so thought 'i don't need no trailers' and went straight in, the moment in ep 1 where Ruby unfolds her scythe blew my mind. after seeing a few reaction videos on youtube, it seems that the first ep looses most of it's oomph if you watch the trailers first.

actually, without Blakes trailer, the whole Ex-terrorist thing took me completely by surprise too.

maybe watch till Vol 1 chap 8 (JNPR vs Death Stalker and RWBY vs Nevermore), or all of Vol 1 before watching the trailers and WOR to build up the world for Vol 2 where it's useful to know (would have been nice if i'd known about this before the club scene, it seemed rather random without the Yellow trailer for context)

• Vivamort

Vivamort FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32955780 - 3 years ago

I would totally start with the trailers, and in order, Red first.

The amount of reactions on YouTube I have seen to people that have never heard of RWBY that watch the Red trailer first is large, and in almost everyone of them, the person goes nuts and says stuff, like "Where has this been my whole life?" "How could I have not heard of this until now?" and "OMG, this music is awesome!" or "This animation is fantastic, I have never seen the like!" It is then followed up with the phrase, "I am totally watching this whole series!"

Rooster Teeth even makes it easy. Their YouTube page has a playlist all in order!

• AudreyHannah

AudreyHannah

#32956366 - 3 years ago

I've introduced people to the show multiple times. What I've done is get them to watch a few episodes first, and then stop to make them watch the trailers since they show some backstory that is needed later on. I don't start with the trailers because the episodes are really what gets people hooked. Also, I didn't watch the WoR's until I finished volume 2 and I didn't find anything difficult to understand while watching the episodes. I would say that the WoR's are optional.