Forums > RWBY

A Funny Scene Between Jaune and Weiss

Posts (45)

• gattaca1997

gattaca1997 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32966193 - 2 years ago

In reply to Nathan5027

But that's the thing isn't it, we like these things, because we've grown up, because we act our age. we are mature enought to say 'This is what i like, so i will continue to enjoy it no matter what others say!'

the hypocrisy is that people can accept this about themselves and those who share their interests, but not others, because it isn't them and theirs.

I would say that hypocrisy is simply a part of our nature. Socializtion is as important to man as eating/drinking, and hypocrisy is just one of the many cogs that comprise of society. Moreover, It is our nature to rationalize approval and content with our lives by patronizing others, or else we'll simply become bat-shit insane via constant insecurity; hence, I simply choose to let toxic people like them have the last word and leave them be.

To end on a quote:

“All of us have to be prevaricators, hypocrites, and liars every day of our lives; otherwise the social structure would fall into pieces the first day. We must act in one another's presence just as we must wear clothes. It is for the best” ~ O. Henry

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#32966254 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

HA!! I wish. Worse. I have one younger brother. He is such a creep. I walk into his room to get some dirty dishes so I can wash them and he acts like I've broken into Fort Knox and stolen all the gold. He won't do a person any favors without asking something in return. He can't do something for someone just to be nice. You have to hold a gun to his head to get him to volunteer for something. Okay, that last one might be a little much, but he still never volunteers for anything.

He doesn't respect anything I like and always has to look at the negative of everything I like. He can never try to enjoy the things I do. I try to have a simple conversion with him and he has to turn it into a fight. I ask him to help me with something and he talks to me like I have done something stupid.

Don't get me wrong. He's the only sibling I've got, but i really envy Jaune. I would like to know what it's like to have 7 sisters.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#32966256 - 2 years ago

In reply to gattaca1997

GO FOR IT!!! I wish you the best of luck in your adventure!!

• gattaca1997

gattaca1997 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32966264 - 2 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Your kind words are much appreciated, sir!! The feelings and sentiments are reciprocated!!

• Nathan5027

Nathan5027 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32966545 - 2 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

In reply to MisCon

HA!! I wish. Worse. I have one younger brother. He is such a creep. I walk into his room to get some dirty dishes so I can wash them and he acts like I've broken into Fort Knox and stolen all the gold. He won't do a person any favors without asking something in return. He can't do something for someone just to be nice. You have to hold a gun to his head to get him to volunteer for something. Okay, that last one might be a little much, but he still never volunteers for anything.

He doesn't respect anything I like and always has to look at the negative of everything I like. He can never try to enjoy the things I do. I try to have a simple conversion with him and he has to turn it into a fight. I ask him to help me with something and he talks to me like I have done something stupid.

Don't get me wrong. He's the only sibling I've got, but i really envy Jaune. I would like to know what it's like to have 7 sisters.

Lol, i have 2 sisters, the youngest of them is still 15 years older than me, so i was effectively raised by 3 mothers, getting away with anything was impossible! thankfully the large age gap meant i escaped the 'dress up doll' stage

• MisCon

MisCon

#32966563 - 2 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Yeah, It would be better for you to have a sister and know what it's like, but you don't want 7, especially 7 older sisters. I have a cousin whose older sister DID dress him up like a dolly, and I wonder if he's joining the military to compensate for that... :P

Really though, the gender of your older sibling has a big effect on you. I have a younger sister and she is into a lot of things mostly guys are. She is annoyed by other girls who are content to sit around and talk about stupid girl stuff, and she watches Marvel movies and hangs out with guys just as much as girls. She is still a girl, through and through, but her interests have been affected by growing up with me. Same for my cousin. He seemed a little effeminate most of his childhood. In later years, puberty has done what it does and he manned up a good deal, but I think he'll always be a bit more sensitive than most guys, even though he is in the air force now. He's quite a gentleman, and very mature now.

With this in mind, it could make a LOT of sense why Jaune is a bit of a wimp, and has a little inferiority complex, trying to prove he is a hero. He's had 7 sisters, possibly older sisters, and is more sensitive and caring for girls (why he followed up on his bet and wore a dress for Pyrrha; also why he might have been comfortable enough to wear said dress). As an only son, he feels burden to carry the family tradition, but with no brothers, he's not grown up as manly as he could have. The best part is, he still has all the potential, and if Jaune never matures and grows into a mighty hero, I'll be pretty disappointed.

• gattaca1997

#32966572 - 2 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I have 1 sister and it drives my parents crazy how much pampering she requires. My older brother and I had different childhoods than my sis, so we did not develop my sister's special snowflake mentality. Seven clones of my sister would drive my folks crazy XD.

• MisCon

MisCon

#32966578 - 2 years ago

In reply to gattaca1997

Lol, it's possible seven clones of your sister would "relieve her" of her special snowflake mentality :P Wouldn't make home life any easier, though :P

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#32966836 - 2 years ago

We don't know if all of Jaunes sisters are older than him. He's 17 so for his sisters to be older than him would be a little disturbing. I think Jaune is in the middle somewhere. Having 7 sisters could explain why he is so hell bent on becoming a warrior. Being the only son in the family, he must have felt pressured to become a warrior to follow in his fathers side of the family. Being around so many girls growing up, he probably never got anything he wanted. He probably felt like an outcasts in his own family. Which would explain his low self esteem. I was hoping we could meet at least one of his sisters this season or we still could, but not likely.

Team RWBY and Pyrrha have found their big roles. We need to see a guy character (*cough* Jaune) get his big role

• gattaca1997

#32966915 - 2 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I would not be surprised that this is season that he will shine. After all, RT wouldn't have a reason to have him leading the charge against the Grimm invasion in this season's intro. :D

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#32966958 - 2 years ago

In reply to gattaca1997

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I've seen plenty of anime openings where it has shown a character doing one thing, but ends up doing something completely different or nothing at all. I'm not doubting RT will eventually give Jaune his big moment. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm saying you can't always trust what you see in openings

• gattaca1997

#32966993 - 2 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

First enough; Season two's opening showed Yang and Weiss fighting Mercury and Emerald but that didn't happened. But making Jaune the one who rallies the hunters against the Grimm is the simplest plot device to assure his rise to prominence, given his natural leadership tendencies

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#32967028 - 2 years ago

In reply to gattaca1997

The simplest plot devices can have the biggest effect in a story. The simplest things are usually the things people forget about. Not saying they will, it's just very common.

• gattaca1997

#32967047 - 2 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

As they say... Occam's Razor

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33038412 - 2 years ago

In reply to gattaca1997

I don't know what that means.

• gattaca1997

#33045062 - 2 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Well it is a rule that a theory should have the least assumptions. In other words, simplicity is best.

BTW who else noticed all this spam in Korean on the forum?

• MisCon

MisCon

#33058491 - 2 years ago

In reply to gattaca1997

As of now, I can't access the main forum page for RWBY. I wonder if they got some kind of attack and disabled that page.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33059768 - 2 years ago

I honestly didn't think they showed RWBY in Korea.

• gattaca1997

#33059909 - 2 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Of all places I don't get why Korean hackers/spammers would target RT. On a side note, RT is trying to dub all the episodes in Japanese though. Anyhoo, 22 minutes till next episode; so excited!!

• MisCon

MisCon

#33059915 - 2 years ago

In reply to gattaca1997

Are there going to be "reverse-weeaboos" who say the only way to watch RWBY is in English with subtitles?