Forums > RWBY

RWBY custom character ideas

Posts (10)

• Rwbycamaro392

Rwbycamaro392 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33066179 - 2 years ago

Hello fellow avid RWBY fans I've watched the RWBY series more than a dozen times and I thought of making my own custom character.

The characters I was thinking of of would be a:

Name: John Blackmire

Hair: black hair with black or grey wolf ears.

Height: 5ft 8inches tall.

Weight: 160lbs slender build

The outfit: black jeans,

brown leather jacket with a grey built in hoodie

black muscle type undershirt,

black steel toed boots.

Silver necklace with cross pendant

Black gloves with the fingers cut off

Weapons of choice: would be a katana style sword with a built in firing mechanism to fire the blade at enemies for mid-ranged attacks retracts blade at high speeds via high strength light weight cable can also be used to ensnare an enemy for stealth attack to unsuspecting enemies and dual heavy caliber pistols. The third weapon is a custom built homemade heavy caliber semi-auto assault rifle called Demons Wrath. The name of the dual heavy caliber pistols is Dual Karma, and the sword with the built in firing mechanism is called Arc Angel. He also carries 2 other regular katanas as back up which are unamed, one of the back-up katanas is a reverse-edge sakabatou

Semblance:

Primary Semblance: Inherent Discharge: eyes change colour to Crimson yellow from brown eyes when activated ability to take damage and a percentage of aura from enemies to regain aura or redistribute aura it to those who need it as well as attack back with lightning based attack that has enough voltage to knock an enemy out or stagger them which can be channeled through the sword and dual heavy caliber pistols, semi-auto assault rifle or fists.

Hereditary Secondary Semblance: Furosities Door: when activated strength, speed, agility, aura, primary semblance power and stamina are increased until deactivated, the secondary semblance has the power to defeat multiple enemies in one attack or rapid succession, the cost is 13hours of sleep to regain the energy it takes, so it's only used in seriously desperate life threatening situations if in multiple battles.

Passive semblance: Faunus inherited ability to see in the dark

The reason I am going for this look and the reason I chose a wolf as his Faunus attribute are a wolf has the symbolism of wisdom, nobility, honour and loyalty, charismatic/kind but also a mysterious side. The outfit is a symbolism of modern styling but also the ruggedness and the ability to blend in with the darkness. I shall post renders of the character once my friend and I have completed them. Feel free to post positive additions that would add to the depth of the character. Thanks

• DeadProphet

DeadProphet Gym Rat

#33066566 - 2 years ago

You want positive additions or honest additions?

• Rwbycamaro392

Rwbycamaro392 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33066785 - 2 years ago

In reply to DeadProphet

Yes I would like positive additions since I'm looking for input in order to make the very best character that I can create since I've always wanted a character that I created to be in this kind of animated series

• DeadProphet

DeadProphet Gym Rat

#33066813 - 2 years ago

In reply to Rwbycamaro392

First and foremost you will need a good name. One that possibly alludes to a being or entity within the category of wolves/lycanthropy. Also make the name relate to the colours silver, grey or black.

The outfit is pretty bland, so you might want to give him something more specific. Either more sleek and stealthy, or more standoffish and isolated.

Weapons and semblances go hand in hand, so you may want the semblance to match the weapon. The weapon is far from creative and the semblance is like a drain ability but it's so undefined that it's not good. I have a character in mind that has a semblance very similar to this, but she uses a whip/Chakram weapon that she can use to latch onto her opponents and drain their aura reserves. The neck is the most useful area to drain so she usually aims there when she wants to use her semblance. Regardless you also have to make sure the semblance works with the character's personality, unless it's a general, hereditary ability.

For a wolf a short-mid range weapon sounds smart. Try to be innovative. Maybe a one handed sword with a firing mechanism. Or maybe a set of dust trimmed claws that use different elements. Double daggers could work too. It's ultimately up to you. The semblance should have something to do with his wolf background. You could use the moon, or a some sort of wolf call that boosts morale and strength or whatever. Maybe a power to track foes even. You can keep the old semblance but you would have to expand and relate it to your character in some form.

Symbolism to the white fang is lame. Especially how they are right now. And since your character is so noble you might what a different idea.

There you go; some positive additions

• Rwbycamaro392

#33067417 - 2 years ago

In reply to DeadProphet

Thanks I should be able to work some of those ideas into my character I had some of the same ideas just wasn't sure how go around or incorporate them. It's still work in progress since this is my first time creating something of this magnitude that is actually loosely based up on myself so it's one of those situations on how do you and others view yourself. In regards to the white fang thing I forgot to take that part out when I edited my post thanks again

• Rwbycamaro392

#33067435 - 2 years ago

In reply to DeadProphet

Re-edited the post with some of the ideas read it over and see if there's anymore changes needed. Thanks again

• ThePokitimin

ThePokitimin

#33120673 - 2 years ago

I'd like to hear this guy's backstory, he seems like an interesting character.

• Rwbycamaro392

#33121119 - 2 years ago

In reply to ThePokitimin

Still working on that it is loosely based upon myself so it's a little hard to sort it all out to a point. Thanks for the interest there hasn't been much since I started this thread

• Rwbycamaro392

#33123257 - 2 years ago

In reply to equinox-class_Grimm

Thanks for the link now I've got an idea of possible format for the back story and bio

• Rwbycamaro392

#33187569 - 2 years ago

Updated some of the info still working on the back story as well as the other characters from his team. Give it a ready me let me know what you guys think