Forums > RWBY

Penny R.I.P.

Posts (97)

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33070577 - 2 years ago

I found a video that was made in memorial of Penny. I tried putting the video on here, but for some reason it didn't work. Just go to youtube and type in Penny Polendina Memorial Tribute. We will all miss you, Penny.

• triox11

triox11

#33070688 - 2 years ago

DUDE NEVER SAY PENNY IS DEAD NEVER. Penny cant be dead no i wont accept it...

She will get back with a new Body i think a non magnetical affected i hope and its so sad to see episode 9 ... i cried i cried in every episode os season 3 cause i hoped this would not happen

• triox11

triox11

#33070691 - 2 years ago

R.I.P. Penny

• Burning_Zero

Burning_Zero FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gunpla is Freedom!

#33070964 - 2 years ago

Penny can be replaced but not people.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33070978 - 2 years ago

In reply to Burning_Zero

I don't think Ruby would see it that way

• triox11

triox11

#33071794 - 2 years ago

agreed you can Take her head and put it on a new Body or better the Same Body with little pieces which are holding her together, but a new body or face Ruby wont accept it I agree.

#R.I.P Penny we miss you

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33077638 - 2 years ago

Or they could save her mind and make her an A.I.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33078256 - 2 years ago

I bet they'll fix Penny. Don't know how long it will take, but I'm sure Ruby will cry massive tears at Ironwood and he'll have to order her to be rebuilt.

• triox11

triox11

#33079936 - 2 years ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

Penny Ruby's combat Ai that would be awesome.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33082806 - 2 years ago

R.I.P in pieces, Penny!

broken____by_dishwasher1910-d9oc01u.png

• triox11

triox11

#33083052 - 2 years ago

In reply to Swisslp

O.o this Picture is so Awesome ......

• MisCon

MisCon

#33083210 - 2 years ago

Man, that was a tough fight. In the end, I guess Penny just couldn't keep it together...

She started off fast and ferrous, but Pyrrha wasn't about to pole any punches...

When Emerald made Pyrrha see over 9000 swords, her normally calm battle focus turned a little bi-polar...

The battle was a tangled mess, and Penny just fell apart under the tension...

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33083239 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

Brilliant! XD

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33083340 - 2 years ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

Ditto

• MisCon

MisCon

#33083561 - 2 years ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

Yeah, I wondered about that. Battlemechs with aura shields... To be fair, we don't know HOW she generates an aura, and if she is somehow doing it because they put a soul into her. And it's also possible that Penny wouldn't know if they did, lest she rebel somehow. They rigged her to hiccup whenever she lies, maybe they feared her turning against them? Anyway, she could be female Astroboy, built to replace a real lost child, or something, and possibly have said child's soul transferred into her. Maybe real Penny was terminally ill, like Amber, and they transferred her soul into Penny-bot? No way to know right now.

I hope they at least address the possibility of rebuilding Penny (And explain what P.E.N.N.Y. means), whether they actually do, or come up with some reason why they cannot. If they just decide "Ok, Penny's dead", and we never hear about it again, I will be ticked...

• triox11

triox11

#33085426 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

Nice man its funny but Penny's dead is still sad :(

Penny generates aura and she got sliced in half so maybe if her core is in her chest and didnt got any real damage you can repair her, i agree that their is a reason why penny loosks like she does. Maybe someone build his daughter knew maybe the one who was angry sitting in his chair and watching the fight. I just hope we get atleast more background on penny if possible even knowing which souls she posseses.

One more question. Pennys wires sliced through her like a hot knife through butter. Does this mean your own aura can pierce your Aura without any problem ? After all they have like the same wavelength ???

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33085680 - 2 years ago

In reply to triox11

I think, her aura level was already pretty low. Pyrrha did manage to hit her a few times. Once even pretty hard.

I guess, the massive magnetic wave and the wires were simply too much for her aura.

It would have had the same result if she was flesh and blood.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33086312 - 2 years ago

Yeah, we don't even know if her aura was very strong. It might have been very weak, compared with a normal human's, let alone regional champion Pyrrha.

• triox11

triox11

#33086320 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

could be ^^ but she stopped a truck barehanded so is her aura rly that weak ??? well doesent matter now. She is dead and this is sad

• MisCon

MisCon

#33086334 - 2 years ago

In reply to triox11

Yeah, but she's a robot... Super strength... because robot... :P

Also, it damaged her palms, but not her under-skin metal hands. When Ren blocked the snake-grimms' fangs with his bare aura-shielded hands, he was fine...

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33086344 - 2 years ago

In reply to triox11

Yes, but her hands were damaged in the process. She even clearly showed it to Ruby to make clear that she's a robot.

So, we can assume that Penny's aura is nowhere near as strong as...let's say Yang who got smashed through a concrete pile.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33086427 - 2 years ago

Personally, I don't think them repairing Penny good as new invalidates the consequences of her death.

Pyrrha still witnessed herself apparently killing her opponent, and with the stress she's under that'll have significant consequences. Finding out she wasn't a real person, or finding out that she was, but is now back to normal, might mitigate the trauma a bit, but, Pyrrha is a good sportsman. She fights honorably and fairly. She could throw most of her metal-wearing opponents around like rag dolls, like she did Jaune, but she doesn't. She resorted to that mighty blast that destroyed Penny because she saw a terrifying sight threatening her. Point is, she'll feel better knowing she didn't actually kill someone, but it will still shake her self-confidence a lot.

Ruby will be happy to have her friend back, but will still be furious with Em and Merc for engineering her death.

Ironwood and the citizens of Remnant probably could care less about the well-being of a droid, but will still be upset in their respective ways that she was revealed/destroyed in that battle.

Basically, I'd love to see Penny come back, good as new, with all her memories and experiences, just because if she doesn't Ruby will carry a massive scar in her for the rest of her life, have bitterness she can't heal, and not merely lose innocence (she'd done some of that already), but will become a bitter, harder person. Pyrrha will live with guilt for the rest of her life (like EVERY OTHER anime protagonist (9_9) ), and never trust herself again. Sure, she could be helped and encouraged by Jaune, but she knows that even if he tells her 100 times that she's ok, she can't fully believe him because he is inferior to her. His statements can't carry enough weight. Ozpin or Glynda, maybe, but not her beloved, not unless he becomes the legendary hero we all hope he will.

Now I ask you all... Do you WANT to see that? It'll be a good story either way, but I love RWBY most because of it's charm. I love Ruby as she is, I love Pyrrha as she is (I cannot recall the last character I saw like Pyrrha, strong and confident, yet humble, meek, and eager to support her friends, exactly what Jaune needs). I really don't wanna see those excellent characters get ruined. We've already got dark brooders (Qrow, Blake, etc), we don't need our treasured friends getting ruined like every other anime in existence...

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33091265 - 2 years ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

In reply to Swisslp
    In reply to MisCon

Very good point id totally agree, that does raise some questions though as we've seen other characters in the show take hits close enough to what happened to Penny that we would expect the same results. Say Weiss in the train with the chainsaw? Hmm.. its got to be because she's a robot nothing else makes sense without destroying the continuity of aura in the series.

Well, in the White Trailer Weiss was bleeding (implying that she isn't a robot)... continuity of aura is destroyed I guess. :(

• triox11

triox11

#33092510 - 2 years ago

Ruby wont get someone who is driven by revenge, but yes if penny returns it's gotta be in volume 4 maybe at the half of it

• MisCon

MisCon

#33094837 - 2 years ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

Oh, definitely save it till next season. It WOULD invalidate everything if the next episode Penny just walks up and says "Salutations, Ruby, my best friend!" Ruby would stand there like ...???...

But yeah, in the long run, Penny would make a great character to bring back, and Ruby would be overjoyed. Honestly, I think the mere fact that the ROBOT is the first/only main character to actually "die" in this show implies she can be repaired and will be back. And Penny is such a lovable android, it'd be a shame if she never came back :)