Forums > RWBY

Original Semblance Ideas

Posts (2485)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761137 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01 A bit awkward, and I'm typically not a fan of aura tap/drain semblances, but this one is pretty unique. I just don't get why the Japanese name.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33761166 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Well, there is no word for vampire in Remnant. And vampires don't exist in RWBY. It was the best name to describe the semblance

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761167 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01 So...why would it exist as a Japanese word, if according to you, it also doesn't exist as an English one?

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33761232 - 1 week ago

What should I have called it? Aura Sucker? I was just trying to create a semblance that would look cool in the show and couldn't find a good name for it

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761233 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01 I don't have a name for you, I'm just questioning why you chose yours.

• Dinobot01

#33761241 - 1 week ago

I suppose I thought it sounded catchy 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761242 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01 Personally, I like to choose more descriptive names, and less just catchy ones. Of course, the best case scenario is where you can do both.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761243 - 1 week ago

That does remind me, here's a semblance I just finished the description for that has a hypocritically vague name; it belongs to one of my teacher OCs. Let me know if it's clear or a bit vague.

Strength in numbers: Dandy Maximus' semblance. This semblance allows anyone in direct physical contact with the user to merge their aura together with them, forming one whole. This means that, in terms of aura, they will effectively become one being with the aura strength and amount of two people. They will also both be able to use both of each other's semblances. That means that any additional person making physical contact will also gain that semblance and join the singular aura reserve. Furthermore, anyone low on aura that joins in on this semblance will automatically get their aura restored from the other people's reserves until the amount is perfectly evenly balanced between everyone. So, someone could join a group of people using this semblance to "refuel" on aura, taking minimal amounts from everyone else's until everyone has the same, balanced total amount.

• NightRaid2018

NightRaid2018

#33761321 - 4 days ago

Cool idea and concept. This might of help in the transfer of Pyrrha and the fall maiden's aura in Vol. 3. It's like an Aura refuel station. It reminds me of my semblance for my OC based on Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. I was going to call it Fusion/Split:

Basically, it was a semblance for twins. Each twin has Fusion/ Split (I call it this bc neither knows if the fuse of them is the real one and the twins the product of the semblance or the twins are the real ones and the fusion of them is the product given they had access to the semblance a bit prior to birth in their mother's womb). The semblance does pretty much the same thing yours does but the twins can only fuse with each other or each fuse separately with 2 other people. When they fuse with two other people, the semblance of the other two fuse, as well. For example, if one of the twins fuse with Raven and Blake, their combined semblance would probably be something like instantaneous teleportation. Also, their minds wouldn't meld together, instead it would be something like when Ben uses Alien X, they would have to collectively agree on each specific action they want to do such as punching, jumping, or even speaking. However, for the twins, when they fuse, they actually have one singular mind and personality that acts separate from the two of theirs and has to willing chose to split itself. In essence, the fusion of the twins is its on person and has its own consciousness.  

P.S. the effects of the semblance last even after aura is depleted. Which means any fusions stay that way until one of the twins gains their aura back and choose to separate the fusion.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761335 - 4 days ago

In reply to NightRaid2018 Ah, mine is just different from that in that no one is being literally fused; only their aura is. And it doesn't stay like that; the moment they are no longer touching a person using the semblance, they no longer share the aura. Furthermore, over time, the entire aura reserve drains ever so slowly (slower the more people are part of the whole), because in the end, it is a semblance effect, and it does need its fuel. See it as the singular ball of aura using itself as fuel to stay together. If it ran out, everyone that was part of it would all at once be completely depleted of aura. That's super unlikely to happen, though.