Forums > RWBY

Original Semblance Ideas

Posts (1677)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33724737 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to TheGuyFromTheInternet I'm not a perfectionist. It is your opinion. You don't know me at all. I don't like being insulted.

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33724740 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

I apologize then. I did not meant it in an insulting way. You always seem so tense and defensive even now. It's my fault not taking that into consideration. I'm sorry.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33724751 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to TheGuyFromTheInternet Your tone is accusatory, even now. 

• competivekid

competivekid

#33724759 - 2 weeks ago

neutral_face EMOTE  :P

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33724778 - 2 weeks ago

...what?

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33724787 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie "Well, I wasn't wrong. I was right. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by saying this" that's the movie quote I was referring to

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33724789 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Horus1122 It's not any movie quote that I know of. I wrote it because that's what I wanted to say. They're my own words.

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33724799 - 2 weeks ago

I guess we brush each other the wrong way easily because that's how I speak and I mean no malicious intent in it. That's how you speak and I like to believe you don't mean any malicious intent with it either.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33724823 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to TheGuyFromTheInternet My question is what you thought would happen when you told a stranger on the internet 'lol you probably hate being wrong, huh'. Are you really surprised I took that as malicious?

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33724838 - 2 weeks ago

My answer to that question (a question that I perceive to be tense in tone or on guard) would be; "meh... I'll just laugh it off." because how much of the internet can be taken seriously?

Also, yes. I was surprised.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33725283 - 1 week ago

Kyusoku Fireball

Allows the us to be able to fire a fireball from there fist but to be able to do this they must "cock" ( like a gun) the fist back.

Example say your in the horse position when you through a punch you bring one arm forward into the punch and the other moves back and you repeat the process with both arms. That's essentially how they would be able to "cock" the semblance 

I hope that explains what I mean till next time

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33725286 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122

Fireball kamehameha. lol.

Why name it "Kyusoku"? Does it mean anything? Curious.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33725321 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122 So he really needs to throw it, he can't just passively make it appear? And what stops him from using dust to do the exact same thing much easier?

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33725506 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie No he doesn't have to throw it, it just appears on his fist as he almost completes the punch then it launches like a bullet towards his target. And the dust thing well I don't think it be as powerful as this I'm not sure which would be better

In reply to TheGuyFromTheInternet kyusoku means rapid in Japanese (90% sure it does) really didn't think of kamehamaha at all when I made this they wouldn't look similar but that be awesome

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33725513 - 1 week ago

been awhile

strenght of focus: the character strength is increased to super human levels when they can stay calm and in control of their emotions. (kind of a reverse Yang) the disadvantage is if in the heat of combat they lose focus they lose their strength.  the other idea I had for this is tie it to their confindence they are as strong as they believe they are if they lose confidence or question their strength it goes away.

knowing Harts : an emphatic power the characters feels lies. the character sense when something is false they can't see whats true but  know when something isn't completely honest.  in combat this helps them detect illusion powers, decoys, or just when someone feints an attack. when someone is lieing to them they can't read the thoughts but can feel something that may lead them to investigate more. (power is for a character I am basing on the 1930s pulp hero the shadow and the catch phrase "who knows what evil lurks in the harts of men the shadow knows")

Sleep: the character can induce sleep in other with skin to skin contact. if they can't get the person to sleep they can induce fatigue tiring there opponent out in a fight.

disguise: an illusion type power that alter how others perceive the user. They are always still themselves but other might see a friend or allie, they could even see an animal or even a grim.  the use of this power is to infiltrate or confuse the enemy.

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33725514 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122

I guess this semblance can be used with dust. It has been done before; semblance + dust.

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33725515 - 1 week ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla

Those 4 semblances sound like they belong to a specialized assassin team.

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33725541 - 1 week ago

In reply to TheGuyFromTheInternet its actually for a covert team of  faunus characters. members of the original white fang. each of them based on an old pulp magazine characters from the 1930's

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33725691 - 1 week ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla I love the knowing harts, been awhiles second effect is better than the first in my opinion

• Jwebb1115

Jwebb1115 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726005 - 1 week ago

Spirit Swords: User can take pieces of his/her aura and shape it into swords. 

I feel like I seen this idea already on here a while ago

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33726018 - 1 week ago

In reply to Jwebb1115

VECTORS! AHHH! *wails in horror*

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33726192 - 6 days ago

I am thinking of replacing one I had for an old character.

Hot Foot   it's a speed enhancing power that feeds on fire and heat.  it works like Nora's strength that increase with electricity.  when using it flames appear around her feet. With enough fire the character could match ruby and Mercury.  the weakness is that since her speed is externally fueled it can run down or even out of fuel. when hit with fire her speed increase but she loose speed when hit with ice or water.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33726735 - 2 days ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla that's interesting

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33726839 - 1 day ago

In reply to Horus1122 thank I try to come up with original ideas and its nice to know people like them or find them interesting.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33726872 - 1 day ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla you realize thought being made of paper you'd burn to a crisp if that fire touched you right