Forums > RWBY

Original Semblance Ideas

Posts (2108)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33728289 - 4 months ago

In reply to Horus1122 I see 2 posts from you in a row, 1 from 2 days ago and 1 from just now. Did you post more than that?

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33728498 - 4 months ago

To AnimeAnnemarie: yeah I did I went more in Depth about why I decided to remove the ability connecting to the future on my previous semblance also it wont let my reply for some reason

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33728518 - 4 months ago

In reply to Horus1122 Strange, but I think this happened to me before. Not sure what's causing it, but it went away automatically eventually.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33728648 - 4 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie yeah thanks most have been a weird glitch cause it's fine now 

• RlyehianBuddha

RlyehianBuddha

#33729053 - 4 months ago

Assuming this forum doesn't eat any more posts, how would an information type Semblance rank?

For example, my "Doctor's Intuition" that I posted earlier. (TL;DR It scans the target and relays information about the target's injuries and how they were made or if they are dead, by how long and by what cause.)

I'm curious if it's useful enough to be considered a Semblance.

• bobbotfitz

bobbotfitz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33729075 - 4 months ago

Here is another one I have thought of.

Light Projection

User can project light from their body. User can create balls of light that when thrown at an enemy they explode. Can create a bow an arrows to fight with, the arrows also explode after contact. Can also create swords for short range combat. Skill with both weapons depends on the user. User can create a shield/barrier to defend themselves and allies. Can also blind enemies with the light user projects. The semblance does not increase during the day or night. The light that can be projected only comes from the user and no other source of light. The semblance does drain the users aura because it does take a lot of energy to use.

In reply to RlyehianBuddha.

Your idea to me seems like it would be more useful as a tool or devise than a semblance. It reminds me of that time in Red vs Blue when Church used info about an enemy soldiers surgery to Carolina's advantage. That is what I think.

• RlyehianBuddha

RlyehianBuddha

#33729078 - 4 months ago

In reply to bobbotfitz

Funny you should mention that. I was going to use Church's bioscan as an example of what it could do.

But yeah, I guess you're right in terms of the Semblance.

Back to the drawing board.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33729080 - 4 months ago

In reply to RlyehianBuddha actually? It isn't that bad I like non combat based semblances maybe add seeing mental state as well as physical state to it

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33729083 - 4 months ago

In reply to RlyehianBuddha If your idea isn't 'useful enough' as a semblance, then neither is Ren's. Trust me, it's good to have something not "cool" and OP once in a while. It's no problem if a character's semblance is a bit less flashy for once. I see nothing wrong with it.

In reply to bobbotfitz This has a LOT of applications. It must be rough on the user's aura then?

• bobbotfitz

bobbotfitz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33729152 - 4 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Yes it does drain the users aura. The character I plan to use this semblance for has not mastered control of it yet. So while using it, the user misjudges how much power to use during fights and drains their aura. I have not completely worked on the character that uses this semblance yet. I was planning on have the character be killed during an attack on their village but I decided that I want to use this semblance and character at some point.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33729156 - 4 months ago

In reply to bobbotfitz I feel like something like this should be taxing on aura no matter how trained you are. With so many options, it's very very powerful.

• bobbotfitz

#33729159 - 4 months ago

It will be, I just have not figured it all out yet with this semblance and character. It is still a work in progress right now. I am thinking when the character does master this semblance, it will still drain their aura but not as fast as it does when they are learning to use it. 

• RlyehianBuddha

RlyehianBuddha

#33729199 - 4 months ago

In reply to Horus1122

Mental state would be interesting actually... That sounds like something that would work for who this is intended for. In addition, think of how much influence you could have if you could see how you affected people mentally. Intimidation, persuasion, trauma, etc. I will most likely tack this on in some form, even if it's just a generalization of the mental state and not specifics. 

Testing is needed...

Hmm, OK more things to consider. Thanks for the feedback, I figured a few "less flashy" Semblances to contrast the more powerful ones couldn't hurt.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33729332 - 4 months ago

In reply to RlyehianBuddha that's exactly what went through my head when I thought about it

• bobbotfitz

#33729491 - 4 months ago

I am sure this has been posted on this forum before but I do not want to go through every page to make sure. 

Invisibility

User can make their body completely invisible . This includes their clothes and weapons. The user still makes noise while invisible. They can also make objects and other people invisible but have to be in contact with the person or object. Contact with people can include touching the same object and through someone's semblance.

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33729753 - 4 months ago

So I have an idea for a semblance that combines some ideas form semblances we have seen in the show.  Like Scarlet this power allows the character to copy the fighting style of people she has fought. Her aura records the movement of other fighters aura so every blow and attack directer at her is learned.  Then the semblances becomes a summoning semblance like Weiss but instead of things she has defeated the character creates clones of people she has fought. The clones can only use the moves and attacks that were learned when they fought against the summoner.  The clone is not controlled by Summoner it run a program of memorized moves so the summoner can continue to fight on their own they just designated a target for the clone.  Each summons is temporary they can only exist as long as the fight they were record form lasted or as long as the aura can stay together, they can be struck down.  The clones can copy moves and attacks but not semblances or use dust.  they can only do physical attacks so if the attacker had used a fire ball the clone shoots a blast that looks like a fire ball but only has physical impact. Each summons is a one time thing once they have been used they can not be created again unless they are learned again.  Example if she fought ruby she could then summon a ruby clone but to summon anther one she would have to fight ruby again to learn the moves to clone her again.  Also the act of summoning takes time and energy. 

For a visual effect I'm picturing a large flower appears then blooms open revealing the clone as it fights the clone sheds energy like flower peddles drifting away till it fades to nothing, if given a serious blow it explodes in a shower of peddles 

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33729763 - 4 months ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla First that's Velvet's semblance and second I think I get what your saying its interesting but if it can only learn pre recorded moves then it makes it a type of semblance that can only be used in certain situations  

But still very unique I like it you could do some great stuff with it in those one moment situations

• S.Haven

S.Haven

#33729858 - 4 months ago

need to tone it down just a bit

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33729867 - 4 months ago

In reply to S.Haven not sure who that was directed at. also could you be a little more specific.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33729883 - 4 months ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla I think it was meant to me, I think he thought I was being harsh but it wasn't meant that way I swear

Also being more specific is that to me

• fallen_leader123

fallen_leader123

#33730606 - 4 months ago

So I'm trying to develop a Semblance for a Tiger Faunus, a Deer Faunus, and a Falcon Faunus...is this the right place to go for help?

• RlyehianBuddha

RlyehianBuddha

#33730615 - 4 months ago

In reply to fallen_leader123

Sure thing. A good place to start are their personalities. What are the most prominent traits about those characters (assuming they've been made)? That's a good place to start.

Do you have an ideas of what they will have, like a base power or idea?

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33730636 - 4 months ago

In reply to fallen_leader123 a tiger a deer and a falcon interesting. It be funny if the deer was the badass one and the tiger was the timid one 

• fallen_leader123

fallen_leader123

#33730653 - 4 months ago

In reply to Horus1122

Well the Tiger's gonna be the group tinkerer, the deer's gonna be a ninja, and the falcon's probably gonna be hyperactive.

I was thinking the Tiger could have some sort of telescopic vision like actual felines, but up to eleven. The deer's probably gonna try and hide in the woodlands, and the falcon would probably have some sort of air-based Semblance.

In reply to RlyehianBuddha

Oh, the irony of that situation XD

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33730659 - 4 months ago

In reply to fallen_leader123 well all faunus already have night vision so maybe the tiger semblances can be like the thing in assassin creed where your able to track your targets through walls and stuff. Running through the woodlands I don't follow