Forums > RWBY

Original Semblance Ideas

Posts (2108)

• RyuukoDawn

RyuukoDawn

#33737842 - 2 months ago

Semblance: Adaptation.

Rider has the ability take in and adjust to any element that he comes in contact with. In the form of Dust, it grants him different abilities in response to the one he uses:

Fire = Strength

Air= Lighter /jump higher

Water= Faster recovery

Lightning= Speed

Earth= Durability, etc.

Theres is a limit to how fast he can adapt to things; as well, he can not adapt to multiple things at once or it can cause serious damage to him.

The limit that he can stay in a form is 2 mins, any longer takes a lot of mental strain and damage to his body. While he can use this ability for combat purposes its main focus its to protect Rider from elemental harm that can be brought on by others. 

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33737851 - 2 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie honestly he's more of a thief if anything but if I had to put a classification other than thief it be anti hero

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33737853 - 2 months ago

In reply to RyuukoDawn I think I've seen this before still interesting if not kinda op. I think he should only be able to adapted to 2 at a time and not 4 just a personal input there

• RyuukoDawn

RyuukoDawn

#33737855 - 2 months ago

In reply to Horus1122 I thank you for your input and all comments are welcome. I had considered doing that as well but i wanted Rider to be known as a power house but not op. Still going through some tweaks with his character. secondly i thought of his Sem like this as a counter to his brother and sisters Sem, so i wasn't aware if it was already in use, so my apologies.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33737864 - 2 months ago

There's no such thing as a semblance "already being in use", you can totally create a semblance that's similar to someone else's. Don't do it on purpose of course, but if it accidentally happens, it's not that bad of a thing.

• RyuukoDawn

RyuukoDawn

#33737909 - 2 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie Ok i gotcha. i have also re read my post to find and correct and mistakes as well as issues regarding my character bio if you have any questions about Rider, please let me know.

• AbsoluteStrength

AbsoluteStrength

#33737967 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I have an idea. How about... Shadow Matter.

The user can create dark shadows and use them to either become weapons like swords, guns, fist claws, et cetera or take forms of people and make them just as lethal. Another use for them would be to form shadows of objects needed like a key and such. What do you think?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738010 - 2 months ago

In reply to InfiniteZamasu Something with so many applications and no clear weakness is automatically a bit OP. Explain it a bit more. What does it do, exactly? Where are the limits? How complicated of an object can be created with them? Why is it shadow matter, and not just...I don't know, clay? Something else that can be shaped?

• bobbotfitz

bobbotfitz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33738042 - 2 months ago

In reply to InfiniteZamasu

I agree you need to explain more about this. It is close to one I have called Shadow Manipulation but it can only make stabbing weapons and shields, it's main weakness is that it needs a light source to work. Please explain it more.

• RyuukoDawn

RyuukoDawn

#33738064 - 2 months ago

In reply to Horus1122 it has been updated

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33738089 - 2 months ago

In reply to InfiniteZamasu

That's one of the power choices from the X-Men: Destiny game. Don't worry, I'm using it in my superhero novel series I'm writing. It's a cool power to have

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33738090 - 2 months ago

In reply to bobbotfitz

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Look up this power from X-men Destiny. That should explain it well enough

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738126 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 So we're just copying shit from other fiction now? Don't even have to make ours distinct? Don't even have to explain it ourselves anymore? Sorry, but that's just peak laziness.

• RyuukoDawn

RyuukoDawn

#33738139 - 2 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie My Sem has been updated to fit more. If there was anything i left out let me know

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738146 - 2 months ago

In reply to RyuukoDawn What exactly is your question?

• RyuukoDawn

RyuukoDawn

#33738186 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie i was saying that i had updated my OC's power and i wanted to know if it makes more sense now?

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33738231 - 1 month ago

In reply to RyuukoDawn where is the update cause if you posted it I didn't see it. But regardless its probs great can't wait to see the change's

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738234 - 1 month ago

In reply to RyuukoDawn So...it seems like you changed it so he can now only adapt to 1 at a time?

• RyuukoDawn

RyuukoDawn

#33738241 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie that and scaled back his weapon a bit. also i re wrote the story so it doesn't have errors and makes more sense but i don't think the forum posted the new update. i will post it again soon.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738245 - 1 month ago

In reply to RyuukoDawn Just make a new post instead of editing the old one.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738263 - 1 month ago

In reply to RyujinX So what...can this be used for? Since they can be broken and disappear when the attached person just goes out of range, what CAN they do? Also was this inspired by Kurapika

• RyujinX

RyujinX

#33738265 - 1 month ago

You're right, I haven't thought about that. Which makes me look dumb... probably because I am.

Anyway, I thought they should be able to be broken so that the person attached to them won't be entirely at disadvantage but now I see that this makes the chains useless.

Perhaps making it be there as long as the user has aura (among other things I mentioned) would fix it? 

Making some kind limit to it's durability now seems kinda pointless. Maybe I should just leave it at "It can be broken only by something very powerful/sharp/strong". 

And just to make sure, only the LINK disappears when the person is out of range, NOT the chain.

But since you brought it up... maybe a time limit would be a better solution as well as the maximal length of chains?

Like when the target is over 500 meters (proposed maximal length) away from the user the link just can't maintain itself. Or when over an hour passes after the target is linked.

Yeah, that does sound better. 

And no, they aren't inspired by Kurapika, even though I did watch HunterxHunter a few years back.

And last question: Is previous comment visible? When I was trying to edit it, it just magically disappeared.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738269 - 1 month ago

In reply to RyujinX You still haven't answered yet what these chains can even be used for. Do they keep someone in place? Tie someone up? Drag them towards you? Link their souls together?

And yes, your comment has disappeared for some reason, not sure why.

• RyujinX

RyujinX

#33738274 - 1 month ago

Ah yes, that's what you meant... I'm sorry for not answering to your question.

As I said, they can be used just as normal chains,with the difference that the chains are already connected to a target.

The best way I can explain it, is that the chains look like they are literally connected to target's skin if we are talking about humans or any other living creatures.

And... I totally forgot about the fact that the user can change the chains length after activation...

And maybe I should also add that when user deactivates the chains, the link is still there... Yeah, that's good, I think...

So... What do you think? Are you happy with my answer and ideas I've just come up with? 

And thanks for answering to my question, it looks like I have some "remake' to do tomorrow.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738286 - 1 month ago

In reply to RyujinX I'm just confused what the user of this semblance would do with it. Say he connects a chain to a bad guy...now what? Will he throw him? Tie him up? Play jumprope? I'm just having trouble picturing how it's useful, I guess ^^; I also don't know what it means that "the link" is still there after the chains are gone. What link? What does it do? What purpose does it serve to have "the link" linger if the chains automatically attach to the bad guy anyway?

And don't worry about it, I love semblances and thinking about/critiquing them.