Forums > RWBY

Original Semblance Ideas

Posts (2051)

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33740458 - 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say thank you all for bringing this post to past 2000!! Keep post your thoughts on your own ideas. I read each idea and so far, there hasn't been a single bad one. Good work, everybody!!

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33740476 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie honestly I kinda just forget that the e means something and type out effect its more of a tick if anything and the I originally type definitely but I must of thought it was misspelled so I click the auto correct version without reading it my b.

Also he doesn't suffocate immediately that's something that happens over time as side effect of his semblance since basically he's becoming the epicenter of the freezing effect. Or more accurately he's becoming the exosphere himself and freezing everything around him which is why he can't breath.

Also grammar nazi really

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33740875 - 1 week ago

Did you guys hear the news about rooster teeth partnering with DC to make comics on RWBY and gen-lock dudes this is so fucking huge

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33740877 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122 Maybe the comics will actually go somewhere with the plot and be paced appropriately!

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33740880 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

In reply to Horus1122

They haven't said whether they will be spin-off stories or re-tellings of previous volumes. Either way, it's exciting. Plus, it also means we could see team RWBY potentially team up with the Teen Titans and the Justice League 

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33740942 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01 that's exactly what I was thinking and who know maybe a RWBY movie

• RyujinX

RyujinX

#33740946 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122

Okay, let's not get our hopes up, we still have Volume 6 to see.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33741024 - 1 week ago

In reply to RyujinX haha true enough but I cant help but be excited about this dude its huge

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33741369 - 6 days ago

wow that volume 6 trailer looked amazing

• RyujinX

RyujinX

#33741385 - 5 days ago

In reply to Horus1122

Yeah, it wasn't half bad but let's remember that Volume 5 Trailer also looked promising and we ended up with a mess. Big mess. Like "holy hell, that was disappointing" kind of mess.

I'm an optimist I swear!

I hope that this Volume will prove people wrong about RT and their abilities. But I do have my fears though...

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741386 - 5 days ago

In reply to Horus1122 The website layout on here is awful now. Where did you see the video? I can't navigate my way through this mess at all.

• Dinobot01

#33741450 - 5 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

It's on Youtube

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741490 - 5 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01 Yea, just found it there.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33741520 - 5 days ago

In reply to RyujinX I actually didn't think vol 5 was that bad don't get me wrong it was pretty bad but it a least answered some questions I've been having

• RyujinX

RyujinX

#33741539 - 4 days ago

In reply to Horus1122

Hey, no problem with liking the Vol., just sayin that we should keep our expectations low until the episodes will actually come out.

As for another topic I wish to discuss with... well, anyone really, you think how much they've already done? We know for a fact that they were finishing writing episode 12 a few months (two maybe?) back and scenes from Vol.5 Trailer were taken from three to four episodes if I recall correctly.

With all of this I think it's safe to assume that they have pretty much finished writing the script for the whole Volume this time (Thank God!) and at least two or three episodes have to be animated already.

So, as I said, what do you think? I mean anyone who bothers to read this. Please talk to me jaune

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741546 - 4 days ago

I'm reserving judgement until it's out.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33741612 - 4 days ago

In reply to RyujinX that's what I've heard. They actually took the time to write the whole volume and then animated it. As well as rehiring an animator who work closely with  Monty to

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33741613 - 4 days ago

okay so i have a really risky idea and not going to lie I kinda got the idea from Fairy Tail so I'd appreciate some feedback on this on whether or not this is to magicy ( yes I know that's not a word).

The power of words

Allows the user to bring the meaning of words to reality as long as the conditions are meet that is. Example if the user said the word paralysis the target would become immobile and unable to move. There are 4 conditions in order for this to work

1) The words must be contained within a book of some kind

2)  They word in question can only affect one target at a time

3) The user can't have written the word for it to be illegible to work ( like he can't have just typed or written certain words in a book that be cheating if that makes any sense)

4) It can only be one word at a time ( he can't just say freeze and burn together, it have to be freeze, then burn you know as separate words)

5) It can't be words that just kill people instantly (like death or something)

6) The intended target must be within hearing distance of the word for it to effect them.

Okay I think that about covers it, now I know it might be a bit sketchy but give it some thought and if you see something I should add then let's talk about it cause while I love this idea I do realize that it might be flawed 

Till next time

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741614 - 4 days ago

In reply to Horus1122 Yea, this is, uh...too OP. Even if you take away the ability to just use 'death', there's tons of other words you could use to instantly win a fight. I don't think this fits very well into the world of RWBY, personally confused

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33741677 - 3 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I originally had it so you couldn't one shot people ( those are the exact words I used by the way) but I thought it sound to weird and change it to instant kill. Hey that's cool personally I think it would fit in well, it probably be pretty hard to use if you think about it, try reading a book for specific words while Grimm are chasing you and people are shooting at you. But it might need some tweaks ( is that spelled right?) Cause looking back on it now it does seem a little to OP, more than I originally thought any way

i still have that robot message werid

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741679 - 3 days ago

In reply to Horus1122 Just bring a dictionary. You literally got all words in an easy-to-find alphabetical order. I think calmly reading a book to find the right word instead of fighting, which you describe as being good because it makes it 'less OP to use', is actually really unfitting for the world of RWBY. How does the semblance "know" whether you are reading out of a real book and not something you wrote? How does the semblance "know" which words are off-limits? Weird restrictions and rules like that never make much sense to me for semblances. They tend to be more general. This just seems too specific yet OP.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33741696 - 3 days ago

I personally was pretty okay with Volume 5. A bit rattled by the fact that Hazel took that hit through his back with no repercussions, but... Yeah. Also, I get that people didn't like how Weiss' development towards summoning made her a bit dependent on it, but I'd say it was more towards getting the feel for when's a good time for it and when isn't, you know? I think it made for a good moment then. Plus we finally got to see what the heck Jaune's Semblance is... Also, for the record, Vernal's weapon, and the fact that she had TWO of them... just seemed a tad overpowered in that fight with Weiss... That was just... Wow. They made it way too powerful to not make you question "Wait a minute, if that's how strong those things are, how the heck is Weiss not dead yet?"

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33741745 - 2 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I'm just going to summarize what I said. Wow never thought about that with Grimm that be efficient. That would never work against a human/ faunus they'd never give him the time to find a word to use, normal people don't just wait during a fight especially when they don't know whether or not how strong there semblance is. Its a mixture of eyes and brain power. You make it sound like the semblance is alive. Remember that I'm still working on this semblance until I can find a place I'm comfortable with it. Maybe I should make the power/ effect of the word stronger or weaker based on how much emotion is put into it?

thats weird this site ate my response?

This robot thing is just annoying the fuck out of me I can't really explain why

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741754 - 2 days ago

In reply to Horus1122 Put sticky notes on the pages with useful words, like stuck, glued, unconscious, and dead. Now you can skip to those instantly, no waiting required. I stand by my point that the semblance is overpowered. Also, I know I made it sound alive, I did that to illustrate how weird it is that you have these weird rules. Who's checking on it?

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33741788 - 1 day ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie okay got to admit I totally didn't think about the stick notes thing that make this way easier. I kinda want it that way if I'm being completely honest. I think its fine to have a few that are op ,just not all of them. It more of a subconscious feeling kinda like spidermans Spidey sense