Forums > RWBY

Original Semblance Ideas

Posts (2108)

• ShadowSJG

ShadowSJG FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743453 - 2 weeks ago

What would a semblance which lets one cool down everything they touch b

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33743463 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to ShadowSJG

I suppose saying "that would be pretty cool" would be too on the nose?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743502 - 1 week ago

In reply to ShadowSJG Are you asking for a name?

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743508 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie be warned it only shows a little but it shows the next episode is basically going to be all back story which is great. Also I laughed when Oscar just falls it so funny

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743514 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I think he is

In reply to ShadowSJG  cool to the touch

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743532 - 1 week ago

In reply to ShadowSJG In that case, what about 'chilly' or 'frigid'?

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33743644 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122

I have one that's a reptilian Faunus who sort of resembles a turtle, actually... He himself has the reptilian skin, but his weapon resembles a turtle shell while also being, essentially, a miniaturized artillery platform... Six-gun battery and seven Dust tanks, each of both residing in a scale-like structure made to resemble the scales of a King Taijitu. Most of the tanks are Fire, Lightning, and Ice Dust, but the last tank is for Gravity Dust, which is processed as to reduce the overall weight of it so that it can even be carried at all...

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743674 - 1 week ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis yeah I remember the picture still looks awesome

• RlyehianBuddha

RlyehianBuddha

#33743681 - 1 week ago

Haven't posted here in a while, but with season 6 starting up I felt my creativity gear fire up. 

Here's a recent one:

“Spatial Diffraction”: The user creates thin, invisible barriers that distort space when objects are passed through. Objects passing through the barrier come out at a different orientation then when they entered, as designed by the user. When objects are passed through the barrier ripples and glows (albeit faintly) in the color of the user’s Aura.

If an object to too large to pass through the barrier, it will instead shatter and cause an Aura backlash to the user, consuming a hefty amount of Aura, but will also rip and tear at the "object" passing through as the space realigns. 

The barriers consume Aura based on size of the barriers (increasing exponentially with size) and can be entered from either direction with inverse results from each side. 

Any object inside the barrier will be ejected once it starts to close and will not close fully until the object is removed. (This ejection can be resisted but it feels like pushing two magnets of the same charge against each other).

Keeping up the barrier does not consume Aura, however running out of Aura/shutting off your Aura field will forcefully close all of the barriers being held up.

Any problems with this so far?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743688 - 1 week ago

In reply to RlyehianBuddha It just feels a bit...convoluted to me? I like the idea, I myself have a character with a semblance that can redirect any moving object into anther direction, but there's no whole spiel with barriers and whatnot. I'm kind of confused about all the pomp and circumstance surrounding it.

• RlyehianBuddha

RlyehianBuddha

#33743745 - 1 week ago

I mean, it's just as convoluted as some other Semblances. If i were to describe this semblance in TL:DR, it would read, : "The user creates a barrier that, when passed through, makes the target pop out at a skewed and/or different spot on that barrier."

Everything else is clarification on  how it works. Such as, what happens when the object is too big for the "portal", and what happens when it closes on something that is inside it?

As a side note --> I figured running something through an area that is too big for it wouldn't logically make sense so it breaks. It also makes the user have to use more skill to judge barrier size vs consumption, and  the hit to Aura when it breaks makes the user have to think instead of just slapping them everywhere. And just cutting off a limb when a barrier closes, Dr. Strange style, would just be OP and dangerous, so they get ejected instead.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743749 - 1 week ago

In reply to RlyehianBuddha That clears it up a bit, thanks.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743771 - 1 week ago

In reply to RlyehianBuddha oh I like it that's really creative I can already see a lot of uses for it

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743920 - 1 week ago

Content creation.                          ( Made for my favorite rwby content poster on YouTube Murderofbirds )

Allows the user to clone any small object they currently already have in there possession ( nothing larger than the palm of their hand for further explanation). The more complex it is the more difficult it is to make said item and they must have an intact copy of the original item.

They character I design this for ( again based off murderofbirds) mostly uses it to make bullets by the way based on his catchphrase "The best way to murder something is with a shit ton of bullets"

Just a little funny one to show appreciation for one of my favorite content creators on YouTube

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743923 - 1 week ago

Okay before anyone says anything I want it to be known that this was originally a quirk I made for my hero academia just remember that while reading this plz and thank you

Keratin ( look this up it will help you understand why I made it like this)

Allows the user to grow horns on places where hair should be growing ( I say should because I made this for a female oc). The size of the horn varies depending on how much hair originally grows on the spot its placed ( still debating on if I should keep this part in tell me what you think). 

EX. So say she puts it on her knuckles they would be very small, not much larger than spikes on gloves. If she put it on her head it be huge because of all the hair that grows there.

Now yes this was originally a quirk I made but after watching the newest episode of RWBY and finally deciding too learn how to draw above a 3 grade level. I wanted to see if I could make it a effective and possible semblance in RWBY. Also this isn't the semblance I decided to with for my oc rhino faunus but after looking back some old post I made and everything else,  I saw this and said why not give this a shot

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743964 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122 I like the idea of Keratin, but admittedly more for a MHA quirk, and less for a RWBY semblance. I do like Content Creation though.

• AbsoluteStrength

AbsoluteStrength

#33744010 - 1 week ago

Am I the only one who is convinced that Salem may be Ozpin's daughter or sibling? Personally, I've got no problem if it's a romantic. Maybe it's just me on that last one, but if Salem was Ozpin's daughter or sister, I think that would amp up things immensely.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33744026 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I change the name of to fit the RWBYverse it was original called rhino and she could launch horns from her hands too ( well my dad came up with that part because of toe nail clippings don't ask and just leave it there trust me

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33744045 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122 I wasn't talking about the name though, I meant the ability itself. It feels more MHA-esque than RWBY-esque. 

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33744153 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie yeah I know I was just putting that out there. But this site deleted the other part I had regarding the possibility of making it more like sun clones in looks instead of a real horn

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33744179 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122 What would that do?

• RlyehianBuddha

RlyehianBuddha

#33744366 - 1 week ago

I was thinking about a Semblance of mine (which is completely a work in progress and may not even go through as a final product) that essentially the ability to read intent of whatever you are looking at. Right now it looks like:

"Intent" (I have no ideas on a name yet) : Once activated, the user can look at the "intent" of living creatures by the color surrounding them. The basic intents the Semblance can provide are: Intent to Harm (Red); Intent to Deceive (Blue); Intent to Help (Gold); Intent to Flee (Green); No Intent (Colorless). etc. as I flush this out more. 

Obviously this can be used a kind of lie detector, or a way to check if something has noticed you, if something's hostile, etc. 

I don't know if there's something I could add. Like if it should detect things more specifically: like if something is going to guard, attack, flee, buff/debuff... But I think that's a bit much. 

The main idea I've been messing with is a simple and low cost Semblance that could help a character that has an abnormally low amount of Aura. But I've been struggling with this character for months and just cannot come up with anything that suits her that isn't just a physical buff to strength or endurance. This is the closest I've gotten to making something close enough to what I wanted.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33744371 - 1 week ago

In reply to RlyehianBuddha I don't know how I feel about this one

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie 

• RlyehianBuddha

RlyehianBuddha

#33744379 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122 Yeah, that's about how I feel too. I just can't seem to get it right, no matter how many types I've gone through. I might just cut it altogether and just have a character with no Semblance.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33744500 - 1 week ago

In reply to RlyehianBuddha I'm iffy about it. I'm not sure I can see something like this working. But it does really depend on the sort of character you give it to. Maybe you can make it work.