Forums > RWBY

Original Semblance Ideas

Posts (2139)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33746070 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122 I feel like arm's reach is better. If she is able to absorb all the kinetic force of the dozens of bullets that are probably being fired around her (it's RWBY after all), she'd be able to build up large amounts of force crazy fast. It wouldn't be bad to limit her reach in that regard.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33746241 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122

I don't know... sounds insanely similar to Adam Taurus' Moonslice Semblance...

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33746317 - 1 week ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis really? kinda I guess but doesn't he do what yang does and takes his pain and turn it into power

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33746318 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie true that is nice and it would make for a more balanced semblance I believe but what about the wave coming from her hands/ feet or weapon? Thoughts on that

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33746327 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122 I say both options is fine. Your weapon is just an extension of yourself, after all.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33746339 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122

Actually, what Moonslice does is absorb kinetic energy directly into his blade, which he then releases all at once in one lethal slice that, as we've seen, practically ignores armor and Aura.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33746366 - 1 week ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis really well I'll have to check on that but thanks in advance

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33746386 - 1 week ago

Deflection: the character can creates barriers that can redirect object or force that are thown agianst it  and send them flying off in anther direction with the same force it hit with.  The character can use these barriers to defect enemy attacks away or to make their own ricochet shots.   I see the bariers manifesting like weiss's glyps

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33746400 - 1 week ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla Interesting! It has about the same properties as the semblance I gave to my character Nova Cassa, except she doesn't use barriers (she just does it by focusing on a moving object in range).

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33746516 - 1 week ago

I have two that have to do with, essentially, nullifying direct impacts similarly. Ravi Zerach's will stop incoming attacks upon contact, completely removing their would-be inertial transfer. This of course taxes on Aura and can be countered by certain weapon types. Brontes Titanius' is basically a Juggernaut Semblance where his and his weapon's motions will be completely unhindered by anything in the way, so long as the Semblance is active, but half of the damage that would otherwise be done to himself goes directly into Aura cost (essentially a Semblance that cuts Aura cost in half in terms of damage while also amplifying momentum). Neither of them are ranged, but I do have a third one that IS, which is Charles Norrison's, which basically converts his Aura energy into protective barriers that greatly reduce damage at a range, but can leave him exposed to direct attack if said barriers are bypassed either through breaking through or getting around them.

That being said, it's certainly a viable idea, I suppose...

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33746892 - 5 days ago

energy storage the characters stores their own bodies energy in a reserve that they can then call apon to increase their speed and strenght.  a side effect is while building up reserves the character is incredibly tired they seem to be going thou life half asleep.  when they draw upon this power they become dynomite in combat.  like after burns on a jet engine the amount of fuled used for increased is not ifficient  so an hour of stored energy may only grant a second or two of improved performance.

I am think of calling this Wake

• Al_Nightmare866

Al_Nightmare866

#33747414 - 21 hours ago

I'm not sure about this one, but what about "Nightmare inducer"?

Ability:

-Al's semblence let's him make people see their worst fears in the worst way possible.

For him to make this all he needs to do is to look in the eyes of the person he wants to effect within a a distance of 30cm from their face.

Said fear can be so intense that he can make a person unconsious in only 10 seconds.

He can also use this ability if he finds himself face to face with his opponent, even though his opponent would only see a flash, it's enouth for a good destraction

Effects:

-The longer he uses his semblence the more tired he becomes.

For example: He may be able to use this casually during battle, but after 15 times, he'd be on the ground. Also, just the 10 seconds it takes to knock out a person, are enough to impossibilitate him of using it again for the next 12 hours and to give him serious difficulties to fully function like a normal human being for the first 3 hours after using it.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33747425 - 15 hours ago

In reply to Al_Nightmare866 Pretty interesting, what kind of character does this belong to?

• Al_Nightmare866

Al_Nightmare866

#33747526 - 32 minutes ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie Al Nightmare's an OC of mine. His first name's Al (and also the combination of the first letters of my first and last name) and he changed his name to Nightmare after his parents died to combine with his weapon's name, Reaping Nightmare. 

Reaping Nightmare's a a costumized Assault Rifle that unfolds into a scythe, because scythes are awesome. 

He isolated himself in a forest infested with Grimm in Mistral after the rest of his team died and left him in a state of constant sorrow that he masks by being constantly funny and a savage(even though that doesn't rally fool the Grimm). He hates drinking and drugs so it kinda comes to him just facing his own emotions head on. 

He also became neutral after the accident and now he just socializes with whoever he wants and hunts for himself only. That's also why he knows people like Cinder, Roman Torchwick, Neo and Tyrian, although he met Tyrian after he tought Al was one of the hunters he was supposed to kill.

He's also quite skilled, to the point of being afle to own his own against the maiden, depending on the extend of her experience with her powers. For an example of how strong he is, let's just say he surpasses Tyrian, bu would still get defeated by Raven without her maiden powers (assuming she is slightly above Qrow in terms of skills).