Forums > RWBY

Original Semblance Ideas

Posts (2312)

• Al_Nightmare866

Al_Nightmare866 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752365 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Horus1122 I think people just wanted to see more action and foreshadowing. I was happy with the ending. Most of the team had no aura which means they wouldn't have been able to fight, which also means that Ruby was their only option to take that thing down. No one died, and no foreshadowing means that we have no idea what's going to happen, and we have bigger chances of getting surprised by whatever happens. I might be a little bit nervous about what's going to happen, but that's fine.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33752416 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis well remember no body so he might come back. Its unlikely but as long as there is no body I'm always gonna be hesitant that he died. I was okay with it actually I would have been so mad if he wasn't in this season after last season

• RyujinX

RyujinX

#33752452 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Horus1122

I have to disagree, the finale was disappointing but seeing as you already heard other people's opinions I'll spare you unnecessary explanation that, no doubt, would be just a repetition for you.

It's a shame they didn't make 14 episodes like they originally planned, they could at least make the finale longer... somehow.

But yes, even with it's flaws this Volume wasn't half bad, heck, I'll even say it's on par with Vol.3 (which is my second favorite btw), could be higher if not for the finale... at least it's better and a lot less cringe worthy (never thought I'd use these words...) than last Volume's.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752471 - 3 weeks ago

Name: Freezing Field 

Power: The user creates a field of energy that freezes anything caught in it in place

Limits: The larger the field the user creates, the more Aura it consumes.  When the user casts the field, the user cannot defend themselves, so they must rely on others to protect them

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33752723 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to RyujinX eh to each there own I guess but yeah I would have loved 14 episodes.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33752957 - 2 weeks ago

so anyone hear this rumour about Vic not voicing qrow any more?

• RyujinX

RyujinX

#33753058 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Horus1122

Not really, where did you hear that?

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33753070 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to RyujinX

There's talk on the Facebook page that Vic's no longer the voice actor for Qrow, and people have bee asking around who the new one will be.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33753173 - 1 week ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis yeah now I'm getting things in my google feed that its confirmed. Apparently harassment cases are the cause that sucks. But still I get why and totally understand if there true

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753243 - 1 week ago

Name: Animal Armor

Power: The user creates a suit of armor that take the characteristics of the users spirit animal. The armor grants superhuman strength, agility, durability, enhanced speed and senses. The user also has a Beast Mode where the user takes the form of the animal of their armor. This is the highest advanced form. It takes a large amount of training. Each user also has a special power that ONLY that person can use. This is a hereditary semblance

Limits: The user must have the physical strength to withstand the after fatigue of using the armor. The user must have the mental strength to control the animalistic side of the Beast Mode. The longer the user is in the armor, the more Aura it consumes.

• ShadowCaster284

ShadowCaster284

#33753249 - 1 week ago

Name: Shadow

Strengths: Allows the user to create, control, and manipulate shadows and the shadows he/she creates take the substance and attributes of the object, animal, weapon, or appendage

Weaknesses: If it is used too much the wielder will begin to lose substance (begin to become shadow him/herself).  At first just a finger or small part of the body will lose substance.  Over time, if the wielder does allow proper time to recharge, larger portions of the body can become insubstantial.  Discontinuation of use can still allow the wielder to regain normal form, though healing can take twice as long as the strength was used.  Long-term overuse can lead to a permanent state of shadow for the wielder.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33753289 - 1 week ago

In reply to ShadowCaster284 Why on earth would someone go 'mad' from using their semblance too much? Overuse of a semblance drains aura, not sanity.

In reply to Dinobot01 Why are there so many forms to it?

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33753342 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

From what I can tell, it only has the two. Maybe it's just the wording somehow implying more? If anything, though, it seems like a significantly stronger version of the Semblance I have for Felina Melanie-Rajani, being that she can turn herself into a lynx at any time, being a lynx because it shares closest resemblance to her, though having animal form in use drains Aura very slowly and going into and out of animal form requires Aura to begin with, meaning if she pushed herself too hard, she'd require assistance with getting back into her normal form.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33753368 - 1 week ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis Like...a legit-ass lynx? That's strange. So far the only people that have been able to turn into animals have been magic users.

• Dinobot01

#33753371 - 1 week ago

Why do Weiss' gyphs give her so many different powers?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33753378 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01 Ask the creators of the show that. However, the glyphs are explicitly stated to be very unique (and hereditary too). What's more, several 'modes', especially something as corny as a 'beast mode' is way too much for a semblance. And on TOP of that, a specialized power? Why not JUST the power? That's all a semblance is. The whole beast part is entirely unnecessary, overdone, and overpowered.

• Dinobot01

#33753440 - 1 week ago

Some could say the Glyphs are the same. Time Dilation, Summoning and all of the other things Weiss and Winter can do with their semblance. I'm not saying Beast Mode makes them invincible, it's just another part of the semblance, it doesn't give them any sort of Herculean-power. It's just an idea. This post if for people to show their creativity.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33753441 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01 It's also for people to give their feedback, and I disagree with you. The glyphs and the whole beastmode shit are not the same thing. Granted, the glyphs are OP too. Making an even worse version just cause the glyphs are also a thing canonically is not a good idea. Creative doesn't automatically equal good, and in this case I definitely think you sacrificed realism for extra epicness, or creativity, as you call it.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33753464 - 1 week ago

I do agree that it's a bit of an odd choice, but it's one that I find fits the overall character. Prefers long range, but not incapable of melee, and has sort of a feline-esque demeanor about her, I suppose. Not really much in relations to her personality, but overall, debatable I guess. In any case, it IS certainly something one could consider unique, given it's advantages and disadvantages.

• JackIceheart

JackIceheart

#33753924 - 4 days ago

Hey, I'm back.

Name: Foxtrot

"So, Let us dance! Let's dance! Dance until one of us falls down! C'mon!"

This semblance only activates when the user is in motion. Once activated, the user's movement becomes more of a quick stepped dance, and they gain a extra speed boost and unpredictable movement patterns that would be very useful in battle. (By "unpredictable movement patterns", I mean the opponents cannot read what would they do next.Their "gut feeling" are sealed.)

But what keeps this semblance from just being watered down version of a Ruby's speed Semblance, you ask? Well, Foxtrot also puts the opponent in a trance, in which they would feel physically tired and sluggish, thus slowing them down.

In short, as long as user stays in motion, user gains extra speed and unpredictable movents, and inflicts opponents with sluggish movements and fatigue. You speed up, and they speed down. This semblance is excellent choices for close combats or slowing down speedsters slightly.

However, the downside is that the user has to keep moving to keep this semblance up. Using aura aside, this also physically strains the user. Also, slowing down enemies would not really work if they are too fast, like Ruby Rose. Also, if the ememy is significantly more experienced then you, then unpredictable movement patterns, will be, well, slightly more predictable then what user would like to think. 

Oh, and sampe principle goes for Grimms.

*User should ALWAYS be a fox faunus. Fox mutations (have both tails and ears kind of things) are also fine.

* Weapon should be one of those arming swords, or daggar.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33753926 - 4 days ago

In reply to JackIceheart Faunus only have one trait. Mutations have not ever been shown to be a thing. Also, I'm not a fan of the idea that multiple fox faunus would have this. A semblance is a highly unique, personal power. Why would an entire subrace of people have this semblance? Why not one individual who happens to be a fox faunus?

• JackIceheart

JackIceheart

#33753929 - 4 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarieNot every Fox faunus has it. It is FOUND only in  Fox faunus species. Kinda like Weiss's Glyph semblance in a way.

• JackIceheart

JackIceheart

#33753931 - 4 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarieNevermind. I see your point. Just edited.

• JackIceheart

JackIceheart

#33753933 - 4 days ago

Name: Silence of the Lambs

"Shhhhh.Time of Judgment demands......order and quiet, my hated sinner......."

What does this semblance does is simple: it creates soundproof field that makes it so that the sounds inside the field cannot be heard from the outside. The opposite effect can also be applied, making the sounds from the outside impossible to be heard from the inside. In short, this semblance mutes all the sound inside the field.

If user is skilled enough, they may shrink the size of soundproof field limiting to them, canceling all noises coming from the user, or if they choose, somebody else's actions if you put the field on them. This semblance is very useful in assassination or sneak attacks.

Since this semblance takes away all of the sound properties from the battle, it makes the enemy literally deaf for this fight. Fighting without sound is hard enough(hearing actually plays a huge role in terms of battle from communicating to dodging attacks) , but when your fighting this user at night, things gets worse. 

Downside is that this semblance does not in anyway directly aids the user in actual combat. If enemy has very high defences, it would be hard to take the enemy out without necessarily fire power. Also, user is affected by this semblance as well, so they have to train themselves to fight without relying on sounds.

Same goes for the grimms. 

*The user of the semblance should be Lamb/Sheep faunus.

*A former White Fang. Now bent on a revenge for killing his/her best friend/lover because they won't follow the new order of White Fang. Both White Fang/SDC are "sinners."

*Weapon should be something of a katana, or light blades for swift strikes.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33753943 - 4 days ago

In reply to JackIceheart Rocinante? Is that you?