Forums > RWBY

RWBY predictions, theories, and ideas!

Posts (27)

• hunterofartemis

hunterofartemis FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Meg Pink

#33135636 - 3 years ago

Warning spoliers! This is for people who are all caught up to the end of volume 3, read at your own risk! This my most updated predictions, theories, and ideas!

-I like team ranger, its perfect, R(uby)N(ora)J(aune)R(en). And makes sense for a new team to form with everyone split up or dead. But would also beg the question would they even bother with an official team during this time. And who would come up with the name as Oz is dead or missing.

-And I agree with lostatsea303 on the whole Jaune and Ruby aspect. (That Ruby and Jaune should not be together, to brother and sister like) But I don't think Ruby is a lesbian or bi. Team FNKY seams to be the lgbt+ characters for obv reasons. But remember Ruby is 2 years younger than the rest of the students, so she may show love interest in the upcoming seasons with a whole war romance.

-And I love Mecharic's idea of what will happen with Jaune, its just perfect for the character. "More seriously though, Jaune belongs to Pyrrha. I can see, once the series is over, an epilogue showing "50 years later" with Jaune still alone, but running an academy (maybe even Beacon, who knows) and telling a student who became the leader of their team "I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, or child on this planet..." as a final tribute to Ozpin. o/c Nora & Ren would be his version of Proff. Port & Glynda (respectively)." (Mecharic) This is if Pyrrha is dead.

-And I do think Raven can be a raven because weiss said that some semblances are passed through family's. (I don't know what that means for Yang though. Maybe it skipped a generation.)

-I also agree with this statement by mummyfrog "And then Salem voiced by Jen Taylor. Part Grimm part human? She defiantly looked like a grimm. I'd also wager she can control the grimm and possibly let Cinder borrow her power as Cinder calmed down the dragon grimm quite easily."

-Who else thinks Oz is related to the wizard? Same colors and time seemed to be the wizards powers in which relates to Oz's gears (still havent seen his semblance, maybe time?) but i dont think he is the wizard because the wizard stayed alive with his powers and the narrator said that he gave ALL his powers away to the maidens.

-And what's the range of Ruby's powers? Ideas? How does she control it? Emotion evoked? Maybe she has to learn to use it?

-If Cinder did die who got the fall maiden powers? Ruby? Salem? Unknown character? (Some unknown villains on the sponsor only Villain Poster) Em or Merc?

-And maybe that was Raven in Yang's window near the end. It would make sense.

-Obv a war is about to start and the students will go on a quest thing. Maybe like the 7th book of Harry Potter sort of thing. And in the end rebuild the school and the world.

-Salem is our head villain, i'm pretty sure.

-But what if you kill Salem and bye bye Grimm? Or nice Grimm? Maybe Salem made them evil. They seem to be the only evil creatures.

-I agree on mummyfrog on this "Salem doesn't seem to think Ozpin is dead and I get the feeling she is all seeing or something."

-Oz also seemed to have a force shield and maybe Cinder thought he was dead or left him for dead or didn't care. But still high chance he is dead.

-Are they going to rebuild Penny? Will they have the time with the war?

-Is Blake running away to hunt Adam and the White Fang or join them? I think hunt them.

-Yang most likely will have an identity crises and may look for her Mom, Raven, for help.

-Weiss may try to spread the word of what really happened and try to escape to meet her friends. If Weiss sneaks away Winter may help and try to train her before going. (lostatsea303)

-Is Torchwick is dead. Confirmed by stream. He seemed like a pawn so most likely.

-Where is Neo? Is she alive? Neo may join up with Cinder(If alive) or try to free Cinder if Cinder is also frozen. Will she blame Ruby for Torchwick and take revenge? Would be interesting to see that go down.

-Guesses on peoples semblance? Like Jaune or Oz. Oz I really think is time because the whole wizard-gear-look alike thing.

-I have no idea if Pyrrha is dead. There are great theories for both sides of the argument. (I really hope she is alive) For: voice actor of Pyrrha slipped out that Pyrrha has big plans. Something behind Cinder's weapon? Coincidence that Pyrrha was first hit in her Achilles' tendon.

-Maybe new outfits as the show is changing majorly.

-Anyone else get a wizard of OZ impression at the end. We have Dorothy(Ruby), Tin Man(Ren), Scarecrow(Nora), and Cowardly Lion(Jaun) going on an adventure that may find the wizard(Oz?). And they are all walking down a road(follow the yellow brick road).

- I think there is a lot of hidden messages in the songs as discussed on that forum, to many to put here. But really interesting if you take a deeper look.

-I think that's it. That was long. Thanks for reading! Leave your ideas and answers below!

- MOST UPDATED VERSION ON MY JOURNAL ENTRIES!

• triox11

triox11

#33135716 - 3 years ago

I can onyl say i always believed that the silver eye sentence from ozpin was important now we knwo why.And ozpin is not dead we cant die after a 10 second fight with Cinder that would be Crazy and really dissapinting. I ahve a Questiona bout Ozpin is his semblence the force shield ??? or is this just how strong hsi aura is and how he can manipulate it. also his matrix liek looking dodges are quite impressiv is that jsut his normal skill which he achived through training ??? i hope we will see.

Ruby froze the Giant grim on the Tower atleast thats what we got told and what we assume but honestly in 10:23 of Episode 12 it looks to me like the eyes of the maidens you knwo these littel wings which they get ifey use their powers just much much bigger i still assume Ruby is a Maiden with sealed powers or something like that.

I Hope to see in season 4 that Ruby will learn more about herself and Summer Rose. also that Ruby will learn a new fighting style i really love her scythe but somehow i think she needs another fighting style cause she needs to be more flexibel.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33135914 - 3 years ago

In reply to BlueyesHunt

"voice actor of Pyrrha slipped out that Pyrrha has big plans."

Where can I verify this information?

• Blo0dFir3

Blo0dFir3

#33135955 - 3 years ago

Has anyone ever played Metroid Prime: Echoes? In the game Samus is on planet Aether which has a light dimension and a dark dimension while still being the same planet. So that scene with Salem really looked like it was the dark dimension of Remnant, because she could still see the shattered moon. Furthermore, with the scarab which crawled out of a small portal of Cinders glove (obviously having the same symbol on its back as Salems cape) and Raven using a special Dust blade to creat these dark portals, I think they leed to that alternate dimension. And since Raven is confirmed being dangerous it wouldn't be far off if she was one of the few people knowing about this dark dimension of Remnant. I could even imagine that Raven is working for Salem.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33135995 - 3 years ago

That is a very interesting theory. I like it. Post it on the The consequences of Pyrrha Nikos' death thread and tie it to Pyrrha possibly being transported to that dimension. I implore you to do so.

• hunterofartemis

hunterofartemis FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Meg Pink

#33136033 - 3 years ago

In reply to Blo0dFir3

I haven't heard of the game but sounds like a great theory. It would explain why no one has seen Salem before now.

• mangokatt

mangokatt

#33136042 - 3 years ago

In reply to BlueyesHunt

-Anyone else get a wizard of OZ impression at the end. We have Dorothy(Ruby), Tin Man(Ren), Scarecrow(Nora), and Cowardly Lion(Jaun) going on an adventure that may find the wizard(Oz?). And they are all walking down a road(follow the yellow brick road).

I didn't see that before, but it totally makes sense! I think that's maybe what they were trying to do.

In reply to DMortal1

I also saw a theory somewhere that Pyrrha was transported to that dimension. It seems like a very possible idea.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136051 - 3 years ago

I've seen every damn theory on the forums at this point ...

• magneticx

magneticx

#33136589 - 3 years ago

Made an quick account because I had an idea about Juane's semblance. Support or disprove. Lets go!

So he comes from a lineage of huntsman, and the only time we saw something of his semblance was when he got punched that one time so I'm gonna take a leap here.

His semblance is the abillity to call upon the spirits of his ancestors, or something like that.

He was being all hero like when he got punched so maybe performing actions similar to past heros he knows of or is related to activates it (or ghosts just help whenever they feel like it, who knows. This is far fetched anyway). Since he has a lot of aura he can temporarilly will the spirit of the dead to act on his behalf, say take a hit for him or help him strike a foe. Perhaps the coolest idea is that he can get some dead heros to pull an Obi-wan and train him or something.

Heck I'll go one step further. Lets say he can call upon the spirits of other dead folk by going to their graves. That way he can be like a ghost detective or a lore gahtherer too.

Or maybe he doesn't have a semblance, that could be neat too. In that case, some time traveller stopped him from being punched that one time.

• Rakanadyo

Rakanadyo

#33136777 - 3 years ago

In my opinion:
    Definitely dead: Torchwick, Amber, Tukson (nobody remembers poor Tukson)
    50/50 Dead or alive: Pyrrha, Neo (leaning more towards alive for these two) Summer (leaning more towards dead)
    Definitely alive/returning: Ozpin, Penny (might be some issues, but in some way she'll be back), Cinder

Things that definitely won't happen in Volume 4: Jaune x Ruby (or Ruby x anyone for that matter, though I won't rule out possible crushes), Pyrrha's death being an Emerald or Neo illusion, any of Team RWBY currently being a Maiden all along, (I won't rule out the possibility of one of them gaining the power, though.), the deaths of Jaune, Ren, or Nora
    Things that may happen in Volume 4: Yang meets Raven again, Renora, Penny returning with a different body and/or no memory of Ruby, Pyrrha returning (my favorite theory being brainwashed by Salem), we learn more aboutSalem, the death of more supporting characters, Neo and/or Emerald turning to good, Jaune and/or Ren's Semblance.

Things definitely happening in Volume 4: Introduction/reveal of another Maiden, hints of Ozpin's whereabouts, backstory on Adam and the White Fang, more info on the Grimm, Yang gaining a new limb or fighting style, backstory on Weiss' strained relationship with Winter and her father, more backstory on Team QRTS and their members, reappearances by the other Beacon teams.

• lxlicybulletlxl

lxlicybulletlxl

#33136798 - 3 years ago

I wonder who is going to bring Yang out of her depression. I can't see why she couldn't get a robotic arm considering her uncle is friends with the leader of the army guy who is basically a cyborg. I'm not saying it's ideal, because fighting with her fists is her whole deal, but I can't see why it would be so bad as to need her to basically just stay in bed depressed all the time.

I was actually kind of hoping Ruby would say something to the effect of "I thought your semblance was supposed to make you stronger when you get knocked down" or something to that effect to leave Yang thinking, but I guess Ruby isn't really that type of character, so I can see why that didn't happen. I wonder if Blake & Yang are going to go at it when they see each other again.

I don't think Pyrrha is actually dead, there is just too much mystery surrounding the disintegration of her body to believe that's just it. If she is dead legitimately then no matter what happens, I'm going to be heartbroken. There hasn't been any romance in the series anywhere near the clear infatuation and eventual realization between Pyrrha & Juane respectively. I know it might be cliche to bring people back from the dead, but I really always felt like Pyrrha & Juane were basically just as big of characters as any of the RWBY team (excluding Ruby).

Weiss is probably going to have to escape her father somehow to become relevant to the story again, and my personal guess is she might get caught by her sister who will let her go in that whole tough-exterior-soft-interior look-the-other-way sort of cliche moment if you know what I mean, but maybe she'll make her way back into the story more naturally, we'll see.

I'm curious to see Crow's full power and Oz too if/when he returns. They're clearly leagues ahead of the students. I was pretty disappointed with the Maiden powers, I mean, I love Pyrrha to death, but no way should she have been able to take on an already powerful evil huntress with full Maiden powers that Oz couldn't take care of. If Pyrrha is actually dead, then I get the reason to make her death more epic by giving her a chance, and her semblance of polarity is actually pretty ridiculously powerful when you think about it (Magneto, anyone?), but at this point in their development, I don't think it should have been a match at all. I guess in the end it really wasn't, but oh well, I'm really nitpicking here, the fighting was amazing in any case.

I've really grown not to like Blake over the course of the show. Ditching Yang, even though I don't really see how it would be her fault about the arm anyway, was not the best idea if she wanted to actually make up for her perceived wrongdoing.

My last hope is that Ruby gains quite a bit of strength by the end of Volume 4/beginning of Volume 5, even via a timeskip would be fine. I'm discussing more in terms of her usual abilities/skills, not even including her silver eyes' powers. As of now Pyrrha would have run circles around Ruby, and Cinder ran circles around Pyrrha. That means Ruby has an insane amount to go before she can compete on those levels. I was pretty disappointed that she basically needed a ton of ex machina to defeat Neo & Roman. She needs a massive power spike to keep things realistic for her being the main protagonist.

Sorry, I lied, last thing is that I hope Weiss becomes the Maiden of Winter.

• MrPeckles

MrPeckles

#33136906 - 3 years ago

"-And I love Mecharic's idea of what will happen with Jaune, its just perfect for the character. "More seriously though, Jaune belongs to Pyrrha. I can see, once the series is over, an epilogue showing "50 years later" with Jaune still alone, but running an academy (maybe even Beacon, who knows) and telling a student who became the leader of their team "I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, or child on this planet..." as a final tribute to Ozpin. o/c Nora & Ren would be his version of Proff. Port & Glynda (respectively)." (Mecharic) This is if Pyrrha is dead."

Depending on how the next 5-10 seasons play out - say, Pyrrha's death was the catalyst that started the reaction (Ruby unleashing her powers) that ultimately saved Remnant - it'd be cool to see a statue of Pyrrha at Beacon commemorating her sacrifice. She might be the Franz Ferdinand of this upcoming war (if that's what is going to happen).

• Tsami

Tsami FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33137321 - 3 years ago

In reply to Blo0dFir3

This is such a cool theory, and one I hadn't considered. Though there have never been any mentions of different dimensions in rwby (at least not that I remember) it certainly seems up the alley of the writers of this show

Honestly though, we havent seen much of the landscape of rwby, so this could just could be some bizarre corner of their world, but that theory's a little more lame :P

Wherever it is, I truly hope that pyrrha and ozpin are being kept there

In reply to magneticx

I love your ancestor theory omg!!

I have to wonder though, because it seems like everyone in RWBY knows about semblances/ how to control them. Do everyday people have the ability to have them, or is it only those who were born and bred in long lines of huntsman and huntresses? If Jaune does come from a long line of hunters, how did his family not teach him about semblances?

I find it unlikely that he doesn't have one, but it might take a while for him to find out what it is/ how to control it. I mean, Weiss comes from a huge semblance focused family, and she's just now learning how to summon!!

In reply to lxlicybulletlxl

"I've really grown not to like Blake over the course of the show. Ditching Yang, even though I don't really see how it would be her fault about the arm anyway, was not the best idea if she wanted to actually make up for her perceived wrongdoing."

While I recognize and understand why you would think this, you have to remember that Adam promised to destroy everything that she loved, and he singled out Yang. The only reason he even paid any attention to Yang, let alone disfigure her, was because he saw that she was someone that Blake cared about. Literally, Yang loses an arm because of Adam's vendetta against Blake.

Blake could be trying to distance herself from the things she cares about, in an effort to protect them from (who I believe to be) an abusive, controlling person that she used to be involved with in some way.

She probably feels like no matter what she does, she's going to end up hurting those that she loves and she's scared, and I think she left to personally go after Adam, or figure out how to do so.

• The-Batman-Who-Laughs

The-Batman-Who-Laughs

#33137685 - 3 years ago

I just had a thought. Cinder=Shang Tsung and Salem=Quan Chi

from Mortal Kombat. Wonder if there's a Shao Khan character coming....

• lxlicybulletlxl

lxlicybulletlxl

#33138450 - 3 years ago

In reply to lxlicybulletlxl

"I've really grown not to like Blake over the course of the show. Ditching Yang, even though I don't really see how it would be her fault about the arm anyway, was not the best idea if she wanted to actually make up for her perceived wrongdoing."

While I recognize and understand why you would think this, you have to remember that Adam promised to destroy everything that she loved, and he singled out Yang. The only reason he even paid any attention to Yang, let alone disfigure her, was because he saw that she was someone that Blake cared about. Literally, Yang loses an arm because of Adam's vendetta against Blake.

Blake could be trying to distance herself from the things she cares about, in an effort to protect them from (who I believe to be) an abusive, controlling person that she used to be involved with in some way.

She probably feels like no matter what she does, she's going to end up hurting those that she loves and she's scared, and I think she left to personally go after Adam, or figure out how to do so.

In reply to Tsami

I guess that's fair, but I also remember a promise to talk to her friends about the things troubling her, which she still has yet to learn from. I'm not saying this action is what made me dislike her, it's really just the tip of the iceberg of her character throughout the show. When they first showed her and she was being sarcastic about reading her book, I was definitely expecting to like her a ton, but eventually she moved to just this doom and gloom get pissed at everyone for not being as out-of-their-minds about every little thing that may or may not go wrong attitude (a lot of words for one attitude, oops).

She just needs to chill out a bit and I'd like her a lot more, I'm sure it'll come eventually. Her parts with her being a "cat" girl have been some of the funniest in the show, like when Pyrrha... :'(... offers to buy RWBY their food (Blake's fish), and Yang's like "You don't have to," and she immediately goes "But she could!" That had me dying, watched it several times.

I'm potentially a fan of the character, but I'm not a fan of her decisions so far.

• WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Lightningstruck

#33142284 - 3 years ago

Okay, having stewed over that finale for a while now (God help me when the Blu-ray arrives - I'm going to need a box of tissues for that), here are my thoughts and predictions...

• There is a lot of character development on the way. Jaune has never been much of a fighter, and in Volume 1 he indicated that being a hunter was just something he expected to happen. Now with Pyrrha gone, he's going to discover a lot about himself and actually become something in her honor.
    • Ruby is also going to start growing up more than she has in the last three Volumes. Clearly, she has traits to be a good leader, and with her friends and Ozpin in trouble, she's going to step things up.
    • Blake, as always, is a tough one to read. She seems to have run off yet again. This time, she may at least have reason - Adam said he would destroy everything she cares about, which would be her friends. She was clearly very devastated by Yang going down, so she likely left to protect them. That said, I think her friends would all rather have her and take that risk than have her off on her own. Her growth needs to come from being able to face her problems and by not letting her emotions get to her (she did not have to face Adam).
    • Everything Weiss was in Volume 1 is gone. She is not the prissy girl who thinks she is the greatest and most important. As much as she loves her family, she cares about her team and her friends. Either she is going to run away from her family to find them, or she is going to use her family's resources to feed them information (my bet is on the former).
    • Yang is clearly not handling things well (not that one can blame her, really). She is going to have to deal with losing the arm, and now she has been abandoned by both Blake and Ruby. Add that on top of feelings of being abandoned by her mother, and she has a lot going on inside her head. This is going to be a long journey for her. I'd like to see her end up with some sort of prosthetic arm at some point.
    • Ozpin is not dead. Generally speaking, I've heard it said that if you don't see the death on-screen, then it didn't happen. We did not see his fight with Cinder, and we did not see him die; he has apparently just disappeared. In addition, Salem's lines at the end seem to indicate that he's still alive. Was he teleported somewhere somehow? Has he used his own powers to go into hiding? Who knows. But I firmly believe he is not dead.
    • Likewise, Torchwick is not dead. We didn't see him die, and he seems to be resourceful enough to have escaped that ship as it went down.
    • Pyrrha may or may not be dead. We saw her disintegrate away, but was that death? It could have been a result of Cinder's powers, but it could be something else - perhaps the same thing that happened to Ozpin? Meanwhile, Summer Rose has a marked grave, which theoretically indicates that death can leave body. Too many variables here makes this one hard to determine.
    • Cinder may or may not be dead. I'm betting she is not. Ruby's powers were not explained in any way to confirm that she is dead, and given that she has Fall's powers, I wouldn't count her out at all.

I don't see much of this being definitively resolved in Volume 4. Monty had a very long game going, and things are pretty much still getting started. We'll get character development, and we may learn about Ozpin and Blake, but I could see any question of Pyrrha not being answered for a year or two, and Yang has more than a Volume's worth of problems to deal with.

I expect we'll start to learn a little more about Ruby and Yang's mothers and their missions with Taiyang and Qrow, but this too will be spread over time.

I would not be surprised if team RWBY does not reunite in Volume 4 at all (and I may well be in favor of that - too often shows are quick to put things back to the way they were rather than draw out the suspense and drama; a reunion in Volume 5 would be that much more powerful).

I would love to see some of the ancillary characters such as Velvet, Coco, and even Neon Katt return and get some more screen time. I'd also like to see Ren and Nora get some better development - apart from some nice character moments, they've been largely relegated to being background characters.

And while I think RNJR is an appropriate name for this new team of Ruby, Nora, Ren, and Jaune, the "Color-Naming Rule" could make this questionable (though a ranger may make one think about the colors brown or green, as in a park ranger). Using RRNJ, however, would directly give you "orange".

• LittleRyu123

LittleRyu123

#33142297 - 3 years ago

What if the land that we see Salem standing over in the end is the land of the broken moon? In the Red Ruby trailer, the moon was full. I feel like it's broken for a reason...

Another theory of mine is that somehow dust and mankind's use of it is actually a huge deal. cus in that world of remnant episode about dust, Salem is narrating (i think) and she says something about unknown consequences... hmmm... Perhaps something to do with the positive actions of dust somehow causing a negative action elsewhere?

• LittleRyu123

LittleRyu123

#33142298 - 3 years ago

In reply to LittleRyu123

What if the land that we see Salem standing over in the end is the land of the broken moon? In the Red Ruby trailer, the moon was full. I feel like it's broken now for a reason...

Another theory of mine is that somehow dust and mankind's use of it is actually a huge deal. cus in that world of remnant episode about dust, Salem is narrating (i think) and she says something about there being unknown consequences... hmmm... Perhaps something to do with the positive actions of dust somehow causing a negative action elsewhere?

• Rakanadyo

Rakanadyo

#33142316 - 3 years ago

In reply to LittleRyu123

Humanity still knows very little about Dust, aside from "Cool, magic!!!"

I've been stewing on one of the first things Salem said: "Man, born from dust..."

It may mean like they just rose from nothing, but considering that the word Dust is very important in Remnant, it might suggest a connection...

• user-56b6b344112f3

user-56b6b344112f3

#33142381 - 3 years ago

I know this may be too soon and probably a bit of dark humor, but given Yang's supposed inspiration I can now picture a scene where they try to get her a prosthetic arm and she's trying out these different sizes and models and it pretty much does the "Too short... too long... just right!" sort of thing.

• hunterofartemis

#33142808 - 3 years ago

In reply to WeatherManNX01

Pyrrha and Torchwick are both confirm dead.

• TheJersy

TheJersy

#33143088 - 3 years ago

It's probably a long-shot, but I've got this one:

The first three seasons alluded to the three months of Fall, it was about a Fall-maiden, and it took place in Vale (featuring the Forever Fall Forest). So maybe the next three seasons will allude to the three months of winter (an assumption based on the clear transition between fall and winter in the last episode), we already know that team RRNJ is going to Mistral, and it might follow that it's going to be Winter-maiden-related. If this was true, then seasons 7-9 might allude to Spring, and seasons 10-12 to Summer (taking place in Atlas/Vacuo) - The show might then either go into the second year, or culminate in an epic finale.

• triox11

triox11

#33143322 - 3 years ago

In reply to TheJersy

I Dont think so even though it would make sense but i dont liek the idea of it cause it would make the series Predictable. and i think Volume 4 is going to keep whoel Winter maybe. Cause i think that VOlume 4 is goign to show us how all the charachters are handling everything what happened Phyyras death Penns Death Yangs arm and all that i think in Volume 5 in the middel Team RWBY is going to be Reunited with a new Ember celica2.0. Silver eye power mode. GIANT KNIGHT SUMMON. oh and blake returns ans says she is sry buhu i dotn really care about her i really dislike her attitude.

• WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Lightningstruck

#33143435 - 3 years ago

In reply to BlueyesHunt

Where was this confirmed?

• hunterofartemis

#33143601 - 3 years ago

In reply to WeatherManNX01

Torchwick was confirm dead on the stream b4 the finale, they said he was just a pawn at first. Then he became something more but they still kept his fate the same. Prryha was confirmed dead by the voice actor on twitter said thanks for the amazing role ect. It's a four part tweet.