Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (36480)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33717731 - 1 week ago

So something that just occurred to me and it makes so much sense for why, is why didnt Ozpin revive Summer?

Now ignoring if Summer was as important as people claim there is a few clues.

Yang said in Burning the candle

It was tough. Ruby was really torn up, but... I think she was still too young to really get what was going on, y'know?

Ruby was too young to really get it so that says young.

Currently Ruby is 15 to 16

Leo had this to say on the Spring Maiden in Welcome to Haven

She was determined, at first, when she inherited her powers, but the weight of responsibility proved to be too much for the child. She... ran. Abandoned her training, everyone. That was over a decade ago. There's no telling where she could be now.

So over a decade ago.

So Ruby 16 minus lets say 12 years for over the decade would place her at 4 or so. I dont think a 4 year old would understand death completely.

So if we take the idea that the Relic of Knowledge is required for a revival the reason why Ozpin didnt revive Summer is because he couldnt he didnt have access to the vault with the Spring Missing.

It would also explain why Salem couldnt find the Relic of choice. Ozpin would have realized that with the Maidens possibly being taken or just plain running and them being the only key to the Vaults locking powerful magical items he may or may not need a different solution might be required.

Its also brilliant because it means Salem will focus on the Vaults thinking the relics are still there when they arent at all.

So in short what I think might explain is that Ozpin because of Spring running COULDNT revive Summer since the Magical item he needed was locked behind what only spring could open.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33717744 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

Before he calls out people who deliver criticism with hostility, he needs to call out the section of his defenders that give hostility in response to criticism first.  These people see a polite tone as an excuse to step all over others.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33717749 - 1 week ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Actually to be honest he called out both.

He points out acting like that no matter how good your points are means no one wants to listen. While his aimed at the hostile critics it also covers those who respond like you point out.

His meaning is that if you talk an aggressive tone regardless of your actual content no one wants to listen or read what you say.

And to be honest? he probably gets a LOT more of the Hostile tone then the polite tone that people respond with hostility to.

Look at how people responded to Kerry saying Miles doesnt write Jaune, or the blog people thought he was the Mod for. That blog posted some of the crap they got and it wasnt nice at all.

So he is responding to the thing he sees the most but it also covers the issue you point out.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33717752 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

Fair enough.  My point is ultimately that the most aggressive voices, regardless of what side they are one, tend to be the ones that are heard above everyone else.

• revanninja

#33717756 - 1 week ago

In reply to WrightKnight

They might be heard but they often quickly become the ones people ignore.

For example take the RWDE label on tumblr who are people who act JUST like the people Miles called out on the twitter post.

By and By people have stopped listening to them.

So yes being aggressive gets you heard but that doesnt mean it gets the message across or leaves an impression that people want to listen to.

And if you are being aggressive people OFTEN tune you out.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33717772 - 1 week ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

That was, should I say, a a killer move.

I'll see myself out.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33717800 - 1 week ago

It's been weeks since the 8th chibi episode. What's going on?

• revanninja

#33717801 - 1 week ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Next episode is in June they made a post on it and everything.

Most likely Chibi wasnt suppose to be this early and it was instead suppose to be Nomad but they most likely had an issue that delayed Nomad so they used Chibi to stop gap since its easier for them to do that from what I gather.

But that is all guess work.

The only thing we know for a fact is the next one is in June

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33717819 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

Unless they are the vocal majority.

• revanninja

#33717827 - 1 week ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Generally its been my experience those people ARENT the majority.

Often people dont want to be aggressive its only a small few that do and those ones only seem like they are the majority instead of the few they actually are.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33717900 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to WrightKnight

Revan is right. Usually they're not majority. But given they're easily the ones you hear more, if not the only ones you hear, it's easy to believe they are the majority.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33717902 - 1 week ago

In reply to FettucCR

And that's ultimately another problem: they can easily, genuinely, become the majority due to being the only voice being heard.  That's due to an unwillingness to see another perspective, at least most of the time, as well as an unwillingness to even seek another perspective.  Even a different way of thinking can alter the final conclusion considerably, but there's no attempt to even try.  It's a humongous part of the reason why the while "character resurrection is inherently bad because it negates character development" rhetoric gets spread: the inability or unwillingness to see that claim for how fundamentally and objectively flawed it is, plus an unwillingness or inability to effectively point it out.

In short: shit like this spreads because no one wants to, or has the know-how to, challenge it.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33717958 - 1 week ago

....don't ask how I found This...

• revanninja

#33717968 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

Pyrrha's thirst is real.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33717978 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY I don't plan on asking?

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33718052 - 6 days ago

I wonder what Jianju is doing. I haven't heard from her.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33718137 - 6 days ago

In reply to JROY

Holy jiggle physics, Batman!

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33718307 - 5 days ago

So this is worth checking out. its a fan translation of the preview for the 4th anthology. We get a little JNPR in there too.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33718856 - 2 days ago

Well, whatever path RWBY ends up taking from here on out, I can guarantee you one thing: I won't be walking it with you.

I'm out.

• revanninja

#33718882 - 2 days ago

Okay?

That came from left field

From my phone 

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33718889 - 2 days ago

In reply to revanninja

I've actually been mulling it over for some time now.  And I should be more specific, I plan to no longer actively contribute to any topic on any RWBY forum.  I do plan on, when the next season comes out (as I still plan to adhere to my own rules, 2 strikes and the Spiderman Principle being in play so far), to critically analyze and offer my thoughts then, but no more than that.  And I fully expect season 6 to be my last one.  Based on everything we have seen so far, I expect more of the same sub-par writing, with emphasis on "doing the cool thing" and wowing the fans visually over actually telling a solid story.  We have enough to go on to conclude that RWBY was heavily flawed from the start, and that the writers were relying on their own brand, Monty's name and the general rule of cool to carry this show, even when they knew what they were going to do from season 3 onward, even in the face of the rules of their key set-pieces that are Semblances and Aura.  In the end, I think that whatever they do, it will be to appeal to the majority, regardless of whether or not any such decision enhances the narrative.  After all, them saying that they would continue to make RWBY as long as it was popular should have been our red flag in that regard.  Allowing the fans any personal investment in the creation process, no matter how small, should have been a red flag there, too.

I will be leaving my profile up, so that individual people can PM me, and I will respond to those, but I'm pretty much done with the public forums.  Quite frankly, it stresses me out too much, and I am in a place right now that I need to reduce the amount of stress in my life.  So this goes.  I also plan on producing more pieces on RWBY, similar to the ones I already have up on my profile, and will add them as they are done.

I do hope that I end up being proven wrong.  But I don't think that I will be.  My DeviantArt profile is AraelIsrafel, if you choose to contact me there.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33718891 - 2 days ago

In reply to WrightKnight

That's too bad to hear. I too, hope you're proven wrong in the end. But in any case, I'll be saving that name in store for later. I really look forward to reading your reaction to Vol6.

• revanninja

#33718893 - 2 days ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Understandable I don't agree with your view on RWBY but I won' begrudge you your choice especially in regards to stress and keeping it down.

So I hope rwby does prove you wrong but I wish you well none the less.

From my phone 

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33718945 - 1 day ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Sucks to see you go. Even if we didn't agree it always provided interesting food for thought. 

• acw28

acw28

#33718954 - 1 day ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Sad to see you go, all the same I wish you luck with everything.