Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (36948)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33722648 - 3 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

That might be what is going on but its hard to say just right now.

Generally people hold Anthologies as dubious canon meaning so long as they dont counter what the show or the creators say its okay to hold them as a Head canon.

But they can EASILY be overturned by the creators and ANY conflict with the source material renders them non-canon.

That is why Anthologies are seen as fun things but generally not canon by most people who read them.

They are too tenuous in nature.

Now the fact Kerry says they are suppose to be canon does add weight to them but the suppose to be has me thinking that isnt true or at least as you point out not all of them are.

But until we get to the end or things that run counter to them its hard to say yes or no.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33722651 - 3 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

Thats how I feel, the non Canon ones are pretty obvious. I'd actually love to see an anthology done by many of the popular fan artists, especially the funnier ones.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33722655 - 3 months ago

In reply to JROY

And I am sorry if I come across as being pushy I have just had in the past a LONG discussion about Anthologies were the very issue of canon or not has come up.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33722678 - 3 months ago

Hello again!  pyrrha

In reply to revanninja

In reply to AAGGRESSS

Sorry I jump in this late to the party, but humor me, OK? To me, the show is more or less hanging by a thread. They can work over the things people have complained a lot, and improve them. Or, they can take out the shovels and dig. Pyrrha coming back is indeed a step in the good direction, in my opinion. But it also depends a lot on how she comes back. There is room for them to screw up that, and also to nail it. Kind of hard, isn't it?

I do agree with Revan. The writers have messed up things, that's for sure. But I do not think they're doing it to piss fans off. Those have been honest mistakes, and they are honestly trying to do their best. So, to me, it is still worth it, and I would still recommend the show.

• revanninja

#33722682 - 3 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

I dont think its by a thread to be honest.

I do think its skating on thin ice because if they repeat vol 5 they are going to lose it. So Vol 6 is their make it or break it point.

As for Revival its actually not as hard as you think it is. They just need to stay balanced by it. And what I mean by that is they cant rewrite every death ones like Pyrrha that are so clearly special sure that makes sense but ones like Huntsmen in vol 4? Not so much

Bravely Default and its sequal Second actually use probably around a dozen revival tropes and they pull them off well.

Deus Ex Machina. Literally the player is reviving and animating Tiz keeping him alive. This comes into play in the second were they use a soul like us to revive Tiz then later using time travel the collected hopes and dreams of the travels to revive Tiz for good.

Time Travel as mentioned before. In Default you kill the enemies that is made clear but they are alive and well for the most part in second how did they survive? Simple while saving Tiz the adventurer also saved them as well.

There is also time travel to reset and gain a second chance.

Multiple dimensions with parallel worlds letting familiar events and people play out again.

Then there is Kikyo playing dead for a trap

Qada faking dead to escape

Barbossa as a ghost

Vega and Altiar as souls still in this world.

There is probably more that I am forgetting to be honest Bravely LOVES messing with tropes and the fourth wall and it pulls it off well.

So its not as hard as people think it is.

• The-Batman-Who-Laughs

The-Batman-Who-Laughs

#33722839 - 3 months ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94

Found this. Thought it was cool.

tumblr_oy8nfrJSLy1w6jxqeo1_r1_1280.png

Is this True? Tell me it's True!!!!!! I want this to be True!!!

• DekZek

DekZek

#33722840 - 3 months ago

In reply to The-Batman-Who-Laughs

I believe that’s an edited picture from Volume 4

• revanninja

#33722842 - 3 months ago

In reply to DekZek

In reply to The-Batman-Who-Laughs

Dek is correct that is an edit just a really well done one is all because if that had been true we would have freaked out a LOT.

• The-Batman-Who-Laughs

The-Batman-Who-Laughs

#33722843 - 3 months ago

In reply to DekZek

Oh. Sorry about that. Thought RT had finally saw sense there.☹️

Though I'm more a Dark Penny then Grimm Pyrrah. Still.☹️

• revanninja

#33722845 - 3 months ago

So that is interesting

https://twitter.com/rwbyma_homesha/status/996567931512283136?s=21

So the RWBY anthologies are non-canon with this one exception that Scarlet is Gay.

I havent found where its confirmed they are non-canon but I am seeing it pop a LOT reccently especially in regards to this.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33722850 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Ok next Q&A I'm asking if the Anthologies are Canon or not.

• revanninja

#33722851 - 3 months ago

In reply to JROY

Good luck I am only reporting what I am seeing which is a lot of people who I dont know saying its been confirmed to be non-canon which I cant find if its confirmed that or not.

JUST like I cant find that its confirmed to be canon either I couldnt find the reddit post.

Its normal for Anthologies to be non-canon for the most part in other works I have seen.

Now its possible its not the stories that are canon but little nuggets like Scarlet being Gay which are which might be what Kerry was meaning in that Reddit post you refered to but didnt want to spoil what is and what isnt.

All I can tell you is that the official line is Scarlet being Gay was brought forth by Kerry and is canon which indicates by the wording other things brought forth are not canon since they didnt say its all canon or like wording.

• JROY

#33722860 - 3 months ago

Ok this is cool apparently some more prominent creators are starting to approach RT for pitches. The creator of Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Rob McElhenney, is going to release a horror/comedy animated series. 

Also its possible Roosterteeth is starting to slowly withdraw from Youtube. I can understand if its given how much youtube is finding itself at odds with content creators.  

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33722917 - 3 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Hanging by a thread is an accurate summary I think. I have no clue what Im going to do if Volume 6 is as bad and clunky as Vol 5 was. And  I know, I know 'They said their listening to us' but they ALWAYS say that and doesn't seem like we really get anywhere

• revanninja

#33722924 - 3 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

That isnt true.

They do listen to us the issue is some of it cant be fixed straight away such as reuniting team RWBY they needed to get them back together in a way that didnt feel clunky.

What a lot of people fail to realize is what they can do and what people WANT them to do are not the same thing.

And its not by a thread either. By a thread is were they need to WOW the audience in order to get things back in just to survive. That is what hanging by a thread REALLY means.

As an example the studio that recently closed down that had an overwatch clone that didnt get traction then tried to do a PUBG knock off game that also didnt get traction that one was hanging by a thread when they made the PUBG knock off because it failling literally closed their studio.

If Vol 6 doesnt wow they will lose a lot of people to be sure but it wont kill RWBY. Which if it was hanging by a thread that is 100% be what would happen.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33722926 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Perhaps your right. It just gets a little tiring seeing all this stumbling in the series you know? After Volume 4 I think most of us expected a 'wow' out of 5 and let's be real here that isn't really what happened. It was better than 4, but that's not saying much.

• revanninja

#33722927 - 3 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

I do agree 5 had a lot of build up and while Cinder vs Raven was awesome it clearly pulled from other stuff and hurt the overall product.

Which is something the AMA made super clear they are aware of.

And considering they said they would be working on the final episode up to release when vol 5 started I am wondering if they just plain screwed up and were fully intending for a long fight and they just shot themselves in the foot with it.

The thing a lot of people dont recognize is Monty passing has had a profound effect on RWBY in more ways then we probably realize and replacing that isnt easy.I think vol 5 was them trying to do a monty level thing and just unable to do it. Monty was a level of genius you dont often see and I think we just dont realize how much he effected RWBY.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33722928 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

And I definitely agree with that. There's plenty of series that just don't continue if the brain behind it isn't around anymore. Im at this weird place in my fandom of this show. I see SOO much potential for so much stuff and then stuff like Vol 4 happens, that divided the fandom, then 5 comes along and doesn't really deliver on a lot of the build up, and that makes it even worse because now even some of the more moderate people are going 'Okay, what the hell are you guys doing?'

Like that's why I was so damn toxic after the finale-which ended up with me and Tinfoil arguing on a thread- because I felt like an idiot for telling people that the payoff would be worth it.

• revanninja

#33722932 - 3 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

I told people the payoff would be worth it as well because I honestly thought it was going to be. I was wrong.

That doesnt mean we should be toxic.

I feel the main issue is so many people want them to be Monty and they just cant be monty. They are doing their best but their best isnt Monty and goes in a VERY different direction. They are trying to appeal to the people who want Monty again and I think its causing them issues.

Vol 4 was clearly different in fighting style it had issues but could be cleaned up to a nice combat style.

Vol 5 was them trying to do Monty level and it consumed far too much in the doing.

I think that is the real issue of vol 5 they were banking everything on the final fight and while it was a good fight it pulled so much from other things that it left vol 5 wanting.

It also doesnt help there is a collection of People who just plain Hate RWBY Miles and Jaune and do so much stupid bs to the point its clearly effecting the CRWBY based on comments Miles has made.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33722933 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Your right, being as pissed and done as I was is NOT how I want to be with this show and looking back, I cringe thinking about it. Remember I said Im in a weird place? It's because Im starting to feel like I don't have much of a choice but to adopt a more cyncial view to lower my expectations. I don't expect Monty level, but their better than this. I know they are and I think my faith has seriously been shaken in their ability to handle the show.

The more frustrating aspect is that 90% of my issues are writing related rather than technical. Like if I had ten bucks for every time I said 'Miles, Kerry, what the hell man?' in Vol 5 I could pay for a year membership to first for you and me combined,

• revanninja

#33722937 - 3 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

Keep in mind tech and writing are linked they have ideas they cant do because the tech isnt there or the lack the knowledge of how to do it.

Its not a one way street at all.

Also keep in mind some of those what the hells? Might be because they are setups which we have seen used in RWBY.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33722938 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I truly do hope so. If even half of them turn out to be set ups I'll be convinced. See the issue is, their in a bad set up once again. They either speed things up and get to Atlas quickly, which gets them into the thick of things, but to what end? Im still struggling to see where the potential for the increased action they mentioned wanting to do is. Helping Atlas with Grimm attacks? I don't know.

Or they spend a few episodes prepping for the move in Mistral which I will tell you right now will go over badly because it'll be viewed as them going too slow again. So idk. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

• revanninja

#33722941 - 3 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

I think based on the ama and a pushed back plotline they are staying in mistril then to atlas on a quick route where I think mantle is going to be in rebellion.

I think some of those plot lines left hanging will be explored to help

From my phone 

• acw28

acw28

#33723005 - 2 months ago

In reply to JROY

Also its possible Roosterteeth is starting to slowly withdraw from Youtube. I can understand if its given how much youtube is finding itself at odds with content creators.  

That certainly seems true. I remember it being said that the release of the new season of RvB would be the standard "First exclusive for a week, site exclusive for a week, upload to YouTube," but so far the only new content on the YouTube channel is the season trailer, the shorts, and the announcement of the series being on the RT site.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33723018 - 2 months ago

That certainly seems true. I remember it being said that the release of the new season of RvB would be the standard "First exclusive for a week, site exclusive for a week, upload to YouTube," but so far the only new content on the YouTube channel is the season trailer, the shorts, and the announcement of the series being on the RT site.

I'm honestly not surprised by this. Between the incompetence of YouTube's staff and the attempts by the mainstream media to smear its creators I foresee a mass exodus from the platform. Trouble is where to go. I mean RT is capable of supporting itself but almost every YouTube alternative has gone out of business.