Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (39964)

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33731277 - 10 months ago

So I assume we've all heard the good news about Clone Wars. 

• DekZek

DekZek

#33731280 - 10 months ago

I assume that this is the good news?

If so, yes I have.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33731281 - 10 months ago

In reply to DekZek

In reply to Bumblebee4life

HELL YES!!!!

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33731282 - 10 months ago

In reply to JROY

Clone wars has cheated death twice (three times if you count rebels). The only show that I can think of that has done the same is family guy.

• acw28

acw28

#33731289 - 10 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

My only complaint is that the new episodes (which I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the majority of them will be polished unfinished episodes, such as "The Bad Batch") are going to be on Disney's new streaming service. 

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33731307 - 10 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe Having the reveal be somewhere in volume 6 will actually make me feel a lot better about the series And Miles and Kerry. 

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33731312 - 10 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi I hear that and fix up some emotional scars as well.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33731692 - 9 months ago

the more cynical minded of us may hope that after the decayed reception of season 5 they might look kindly at bringing back a fan favorite to patch up the hole in the fandom.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33731699 - 9 months ago

In reply to AAGGRESSS

I am one of the most cynical here, and even I'd balk at a poorly-written resurrection.  What needs to be dispelled is the notion that ANY resurrection is poorly-written.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33732012 - 9 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

I never said poorly written.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33732022 - 9 months ago

In reply to AAGGRESSS As long as that fan fave coming back is Pyrrha.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33732025 - 9 months ago

In reply to AAGGRESSS

You never said it, yes.  It is STILL the general attitude towards the use of character resurrection that is the problem.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33732052 - 9 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight Come on. He's on our side. He's one of the people who encouraged me to stay strong.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33732056 - 9 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

He isnt attacking aaggress.

He is pointing out the general view of revival stories is they are poorly done and handled with the concept that they cant be done well.

Its not true as MANY stories have handled it well people just make those stories as the exception instead of the normal.

The truth is most revivals are in fact handled well but the ones that dont handle it well stick out so badly they seem to be the measuring stick instead of the broken mold.

People often think with their revivals well it was okay because of this reason or that measure but dont give that same level of consideration to other Revivals.

But I will be honest there seems to be a growing trend of people willing to consider the possibility instead of waving it away at sight like so many did back when Vol 3 happened.

You still get your die hards of course but I dont think its as overwhelmingly in the negative as those die hards think. In all honesty I dont think its even close to being a majority.

I think most of RWBY's fans are open to the idea so long as its done well.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33732058 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

There's only a growing trend thanks to Raven.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33732059 - 9 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

No it was growing before that. It started back in Vol 4 when actual gods got introduced as MANY fans are aware of Deus Ex Machina.

Raven 100% helped but honestly it was starting before that as we started to dig into magic and realized its not just Fireballs but literally world reshaping magic tier.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33732068 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Right, it was the "dead is dead, no matter what" crowd that lost ground once Raven said what she said.  Didn't stop them from trying to exclude Pyrrha when they objectively couldn't.

• revanninja

#33732072 - 9 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Agreed.

As I said it started in vol 4 with the gods and them being a real thing. Raven was 100% an aid in the idea that what we think of as the set rules really arent and we are dealing with powers that are literal divine intervention.

Anyone who isnt trying REALLY hard to make it not be about revival is taking a look at it and go hmmmm.

A good example is I was on a stream where I was asked questions since they know I am a RWBY fan and I explained Raven had said that a lot of them were taken back by that and surprised.

Not all of course believe me its highly likely but I for sure gave some food for thought.

Its REALLY easy to see Raven's words plus the gods, the Relics, and Magic all coming together to make it a reality.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33732110 - 9 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi don't forget me and rev too.

• Gunner4573

Gunner4573

#33732127 - 9 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe we won’t 

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33732173 - 9 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe You mean as people who encouraged me?

• Gunner4573

Gunner4573

#33732191 - 9 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Yes

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33732303 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja Any way of revival is good as long as she's back in the flesh.

• trevordylan

trevordylan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33732503 - 9 months ago

So I think that a resurrection of Pyrrha Nikos is completely out of the question. I am a firm believer that she was teleported somewhere and was never killed. It's a fan theory that went around online, but obviously it's just a theory until proven otherwise. I think it would be less cheap than resurrection to the audience, if executed correctly. Otherwise, she should just stay dead from a writing perspective. Similarly to Lady Stoneheart in Game of Thrones. It might be a great idea in theory, but not translate properly in a narrative format for a tv series. 

I also wanted to bring up and post a one-off spec script that I wrote with my twin brother, which would take place later on in the RWBYverse. This is sort of in the vain of our hopes for the show going forward in terms of Jaune finding forgiveness for the loss of Pyrrha. Hopefully it fits into this thread. We took a lot of fan theories, including our own, and built an episode. We had an absolute blast writing it and I hope you feel the same when you read it. We would love opinions and feedback because we think it would make for some interesting discussion like it has in our thread about season 6 onward. Thanks! 

Best,

The Benoit Brothers

RWBY Episode "And Then There Were Three" Spec Script

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33732508 - 9 months ago

In reply to trevordylan

Ah yes, the old "resurrection is inherently cheap" argument.  WOW, not like we haven't heard THAT one before....

Just making sure: you DO know that we have a character saying on-screen that she's seen people come back from the dead, right?  Of course, she doesn't give out any details as to who was revived, how they were revived, or who did the reviving.  That just means that you objectively cannot rule ANYONE out of being revived, not even Pyrrha.  All this, in a world where you can measure the soul on a cell phone, actual magicks and divinity exist.