Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (36942)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33725435 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Except the issue with that last one is if they are going to be mains LATTER then it makes perfect sense. I have seen this with other stories and even had Authors talk about how characters they didnt realize were mains were. 

So just because its not NOW doesnt mean they wont be later.

As an example let us take "One Way street" from Index he was a villain and a seemingly nasty piece of work later on bits morphed him from a villain turned side into a Main character.

JNPR is the same Monty caught it though BEFORE production that they will be Mains hence why he said they are.

They just havent reached that point yet is all which is common in many stories.

The issue with saying episodic vs Movie is that it may not be possible due to File size and other like things. Also when people say it works better seeing it all together is they are talking more about the wait time between weeks were people working themselves into knots.

I can tell you ANY anime works better when viewed as a whole then episode but time managment and resources make it not a doable subject.

So that isnt Fair because it ignores what people are talking about when they say it flows better. People work themselves up over issues or nitpick a small issue into a giant issue and so forth.

The wait time and the problems it causes is what people are REALLY talking about.

The issue with Mistakes is that happens period. I have seen it with big name shows with a LOT more resources then RT does. The question is not are they going to make mistakes because EVERYTHING does the question is what are they doing about them.

Which RT is trying to fix them.

And something to keep in mind is that RT might be in works to generate a second sister series to RWBY which RWBY sets the ground work and the sister explores it.

As an example of this take A Certain magical Index which has a later sister series that got started WHILE Index was going called a A certain Scientific Railgun.

Index follows Touma and his adventures with Magic Espers and so on. Railgun follows Misaka and her adventures while being invovled but unaware of Touma's often exploring things with a different perspective.

The 2 together create a richer story then either by themselves.

Mind you that is just a theory but they have talked about this before though in terms of AFTER RWBY is done as far as I am aware.

What I am trying to say though is there might be more going on then we realize which makes stuff LOOK odd when its got GOOD reasons for it.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33725445 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I DO hope that you're right, I really do.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33726401 - 2 months ago

They had better give us something about Pyrrha coming back in the next volume. I'm hoping that they don't keep us hanging any longer.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33726478 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi yeah several of us hope that.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33726649 - 2 months ago

A difference between Cinder Fall and Shinobu Sensui.

Cinder is wicked and cruel.

Sensui is just downright insane.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33726827 - 2 months ago

So when is the next chibi? It feels like it's been months.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33726830 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi They announced that it would start back up on june 30th and show that klein will be appearing in it.

• acw28

acw28

#33726946 - 1 month ago

From the latest publically available episode of RvB, not sure if it falls under the general "wait a week before spoiling" rule since it was available to FIRST last week, but I'll be safe rather than sorry with this:

Griff: Hugins, I don't believe in destiny. 

Hugins: That's silly, you should meet here. She's got a wicked sense of humor.

...anyone else feel like RT is trolling us insanely hard or just me?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33726959 - 1 month ago

In reply to acw28

They might be and they might not be because as far as I know RWBY writing staff and RvB staff are not the same anymore as Miles no longer works on it.

So it could go either way to be honest.

It sounds to me like a good old surely you cant be serious and the response of dont call me shirely.

Seems like a variation of that to be honest.

• revanninja

#33727147 - 1 month ago

So this is an interesting concept.

Voltron just pulled off one of the revivals we have been talking about.

In Voltron one of the main characters disappeared after the major fight no one knew what happened only he was gone.

After a bit suddenly he shows up as a prisoner then escape from waht I recall and eventually rejoins the team but something seems off.

Turns out the returned character is actually a clone and was being used as a mole the entire time. The REAL character died but his soul and mind were saved by the lion.

Well the Magic user who has learned to take energy and transfer it takes out the characters soul and puts it in the clone body basically reviving him.

I am being vague on purpose so people arent that spoiled about it.

So this can EASILY be used for RWBY.

Ruby acts as the Lion for Pyrrha soul holding it on just unknowingly

A robot body or even a grimm body as the clone

And then the transfer machine or jaune possibly with his semblance can put Pyrrha's soul into its new form.

And a lot of the odd things that Voltron did I am seeing in RWBY.

For example the Dream sequence in vol 4 is a LOT like the astral plane sequence where team voltron saw something ODD when the character connected and even tried to speak to Lance but Lance didnt realize and even talks about that at the end.

The only thing we are missing is a new body.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727165 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

I knew as soon as Shiro-is-a-clone started gaining traction in canon and the original one was on the astral plane they were going to use the clone's body to revive the original.

This is my theory, and I'm calling it now. Hell, I'll likely use this in the fanfic I'm planning. Pyrrha's soul is in Cinder's body and with Cinder dying/turning more Grimm Pyrrha will gain more control of the body but since it is Grimm she won't be able to stay in the body. We'll get a "woman with two souls fighting for the body" deal.

Only for it to turn out, surprise surprise, Penny's original body is STILL ALIVE. Penny was severely damaged but her body was put in stasis. It didn't look like she would survive so her father, with help from Ironwood, transferred into another vessel and Dr. Polendina was working on repairing the girl's original body to transfer her back. Now the body is a Cyborg, but before Penny could be transferred back she was kill. The body is still in stasis but without a soul.

Pyrrha's soul gets transferred into Penny's Cyborg body and, ta-dah, Penny and Pyrrha's intertwined deaths come full circle.

I know everyone wants Grimm!Pyrrha, but personally I want Grimm Warrior Jaune! Could you imagine how badass that boy would be with glowing eyes like Salem? Might get the nay-sayers to finally SHUT THE HELL UP.  

• revanninja

#33727174 - 1 month ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

I dont think that is how they are going as they have shown more with Ruby and Pyrrha then Pyrrha and CInder.

So I think at the very least its going to be Ruby who has Pyrrha's soul.

I also dont think Penny has an original body I think when they said she was the first ever Robot with Aura they meant it.

So I am pretty sure that isnt how it goes.

Also something from Vol 4. When the Oracle comes in Merc and Em react with visible fear to it yet as we know the Oracle itself isnt that impressive as its more just a communication device.

So why the fear? Well when Salem speaks to it clearly ordering the other person on the line to continue searching beacon.

And that someone is someone we havent seen yet as we knew where everyone was or going at that time and we know the dome actually shows visual which vol 4 didnt.

So the most likely reason the fear is not because of the oracle grimm but rather who it is.

Which may in fact be Pyrrha grimm already but kept in careful wrap.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727195 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Yeah that just seems to be grasping at straws saying Grimm!Pyrrha is at Beacon. For one Grimm don’t have SOUL. This was clearly stated by Raven that Aura, manifestation of a soul, can’t protect Cinder’s Grimm arm which throws Grimm!Pyrrha our the window as Grimm can’t manifest a soul. 

So, sorry not sorry, I find it highly unlikely.

• revanninja

#33727199 - 1 month ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Sorry not sorry but that doesnt work.

The only person grasping at straws is YOU because you need to modify what I said into something I didnt say to disprove it and take meaning that were not implied.

First you took it in a way it wasnt meant to be. Did I say Grimm Pyrrha had a soul? No I didnt.

I just merely brought up the idea she might actually be a thing being held back from the viewers.

You know a PLOT twist.

Also as also demonstrated by Cinder someone with a soul can be part grimm. So just because the Human parts have a soul doesnt effect the grimm  parts only they cant be protected by Aura.

2 VERY different things from which you were trying to say it is.

We Know humans and grimms can be safely grafted together even with the presence of a soul so the VERY foundation of your argument that Grimm pyrrha CANT have a soul has already been sunk by the show itself.

The only thing we know for a fact is Aura cant protect Grimm parts.

That is it.

Can Grimm hold onto a soul or aura? possibly because the Beetle grimm was able to steal and transfer the Maiden into Cinder and that has been DIRECTLY stated to be tied to Aura aka the soul.

Also keep in mind Aura and the soul may not be the same thing only THOUGHT to be the same thing because to everyone they appear to be but there may be a difference.

We know so little about Grimm and even how revivals work let alone who can do what that just saying something is unlikely doesnt make ANY sense.

Before vol 3 Magic being in RWBY seemed highely unlikely now look at it.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33727235 - 1 month ago

Everything revanninja said about the soul being taken out of the Black Lion and into the Shiro-clone in the Voltron show is true. I saw it all. I'm a huge Voltron fan. I watch there series all the time. And I could also see this happening in RWBY. All we need is Pyrrhas soul and a Pyrrha-body to put it in. Oh, and some powerful magic

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33727239 - 1 month ago

I just turned Twenty Two today. But other than that, nothing new.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33727241 - 1 month ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Huh turned twenty a few weeks ago myself 

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33727298 - 1 month ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe Thanks.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33727763 - 1 month ago

When Pyrrha comes back and back to the good side, I'm hoping for a heartwarming Arkos reunion.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33727786 - 1 month ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

You mean, IF she come back

• revanninja

#33727788 - 1 month ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Dino dont do that.

Its not okay we are all aware it might be an IF but pointing that out especially to Nick is just being Mean for the sake of it.

We understand you want WhiteNight but that doesnt mean you should do that to other people.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33727791 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

That's not what I was getting at. I wasn't trying to upset anyone. If I've upset anyone, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be mean. I'm truly sorry

• revanninja

#33727793 - 1 month ago

In reply to Dinobot01

In the future with Nick its generally a good idea not to add that kind of message.

When discussing theories its okay to say If or point out possibles when its a feel good message though....

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33727800 - 1 month ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

I'm really sorry, Nick. I didn't mean to hurt you

In reply to revanninja

I'll remember that. Again, I'm really sorry