Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (37100)

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33728857 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

Well, that's the thing: with no details, no one can be objectively ruled out.  INCLUDING PYRRHA.  THAT'S the part that sticks in CERTAIN POSTER'S craws: that they cannot rule Pyrrha out.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33728969 - 2 months ago

Qrow revived ? How ? O.o I don't think so but once more this possibility can't be proven wrong so why not. Actually I would like to know why Qrow is so on board with Ozpin, it is one of the questions I have had for a long time highlighted by Raven's behavior toward Ozpin. What events triggered such a separation between the twins ? Still a lot has to be revealed about Ozpin and his past actions which could also explain if he was indeed the first one to perform a revival. But I don't think he did it even though I agree he is the most likely to do so (he can reincarnate). At first, I interpreted Raven's comments as events she could have seen as a spy (around Salem ?). I still think so but I'm with you it could also be because of Ozpin when she worked with him.

I like your previous suggestion of "one life against another" or at least some "heavy" price that has to be paid for a revival. It would raise the stakes.

Yes that is why I wrote so many "maybe" haha. Like everyone I'm dying to have more details about... well everything. I think they hid too much for 5 volumes. For example the "Silver eyes" it was mentionned quit early but I didn't like how it was handled. When Qrow explained it to Ruby, her reaction was "Then it means I can help right ?"... And I was like "What ? No ! I understand why you say that but it shouldn't be the first and only question you have. How about how it works ?? How your mother used them ? etc..." The CRWBY has to shed some light now on many subjects (relics too). They are perfectly aware of what they need to tackle to make the fandom go crazy (Pyrrha, Neo, Silver eyes...) without giving too much so as to make sure we stick to the show. I can't speak for them of course, this is how I feel about it. I would appreciate to be given some real infos (we deserve it now I think).

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33728970 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

Its just a theory some people have thrown around.

As for why the difference who knows at this point.

That wasnt my suggestion though...that was me pointing out another series used that as an example of the MANY ways revival goes.

I actually dont like that type of revival.

She could have been a spy but the way she says it sounds like she has seen it multiple times and that makes me think its less likely based on how Salem seems to operate.

Speaking as someone who lost my hearing that takes time to process. Ruby got dumped with a LOT of information at once with Qrow and she probably didnt have all her ducks in a row to ask the questions properly she DID just wake up after all.

Life changing info like that takes a LOT of time to process and understand how it effects you and even what questions you should or should not ask. I personally respond so well despite me wearing a badge with Hearing impaired on it some people dont realize I am.

Ruby hasnt gotten to that point yet she doesnt know what to think or question and is still trying to understand the basics.

And then later enough time has passed she most likely has developed a complex about it since its so heavily tied with the fall of beacon.

I think they are getting ready for it.

It seems to me its like Steven universe which I dont watch but others do who I know. It looks like the latest episode has started to resolve a lot of the issues and in a way that makes the series make sense and was clearly planned. But before that it looked like dropped threads or bungled handling because of the issue with air time and length between it being brought up and then handled.

I think RWBY is the same way they have a LOT they want to set up before they pull the string and it all neatly zips together.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33728975 - 2 months ago

Yeah I read you, you listed types of revival in other series. And I'm just saying I could see that in RWBY too but not as "hard" as a life for another (which I'm also not fonf of) but rather something pricy so that it doesn't devaluate revival.

RWBY has so much potential yet to be deployed. I don't want everything to explode in an instant and the show stopping suddenly which would imply to hold any kind of reveal too much (for me). I'm just asking for a good rythm regarding the exploitation of the many "past" events (Silver eyes, Ozpin, Summer, team STRQ...).

Yeah I thought that too with Ruby afterward. She just woje up and was probably still in shock (or something close) so I could understand she didn't act "normally". But I don't see how it holds all along V4 and V5 especially when she went to Qrow and Ozpin (in V5) wanting to ask some questions (where Ozpin made clear his cane is not the relic of Beacon). This was such a great occasion !

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33728982 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

Seemed like you were but okay.

A pricey revival is hard to set because then it becomes the question of what is a strong price but not too strong of one.

Forest for example shows the price is pretty bad and the revival isnt a good thing.

So there is a lot of balances with it.

I think the thing people dont realize is the rythm is being built its just not gotten to a part to actually explore which I think vol 6 is at a place as now we have all the characters in one place and on one level playing field of information unlike vol 4 and 5 where they werent.

I think with Vol 5 which is the first time Ruby really could ask questions as vol 4 they got again info dumped and then qrow got sick so it prevented asking questions.

Anyhow vol 5 was the first time and I think Ruby has an issue with SE and she got scared to ask. With all that is going on especially with the fact Ozpin IS Oscar at the same time she may have felt uncomfortable with asking about SE and we know she bottles her emotions.

So I think Ruby has an issue over asking about SE and she gets scared when she does because of all the issue surrounding it.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33728990 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I agree with you about Ruby being maybe scared of asking because of how it is linked to Summer and the Fall of Beacon. But at the same time, if she really wants to help as she claimed to why don't ask ? Maybe she is torn inside and so far the balance was such that she didn't ask but I do hope this balance will change in V6.

And about the timing/rythm, I don't know how to express it but even if I agree that V4 and V5 were not the best place for some big reveal, I still think it could have been somehow (maybe if team RWBY didn't break completely but that is another discussion). I'm not saying they did completely wrong with the general pace and the key topics, I think they did quit well actually. But there is a thin line between holding those key topics for a long time and doing so for too long. The line is not the same for everyone and in my case it has been slightly crossed. I can deal with that but not until V7. V6 has to bring some real new elements. As you said, everything is in place for some "real" story progression.

• revanninja

#33728993 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

It can be scary asking questions especially on painful subjects.

So chances are good she WAS going to ask then chickened out.

From what I have heard vol 6 is going to explore Salem's backstory which also means Oz since they are so heavily tied together. We will also get to see the relic being used which may in fact be tied into how we get that past exploration.

I dont think they have crossed the line but I do think they are close to it.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33728997 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

They slightly crossed the line for me :) But I'm glad you seem to feel close to that line too.

I'm all for Salem's past ! Because yes it means Ozpin would be around. And I'm all for the relics too, it is my best bet for the revival actually (like if you possess and control the one of Creation you can revive someone but not perfectly and you actually need ALL the relics to complete a perfect revival).

• revanninja

#33728998 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

For me the line would be crossed if they had everyone together and didnt explain anything for a volume.

They have give us bits and pieces here or there to hold us over while they get everyone together.

Now that they are together they need to give something.

Dont know about revival but its entirely possible since we currently dont know a thing about the relics what they can and cant do.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33729089 - 2 months ago

I'm seriously wanting to see jaune blow a gasket at Ozcar even just once to vent, for pete's sake the guy's hands are just as, if not bloodier then cinder's and nobody bothers to call him out on it? i mean seriously are jaune and yang the only ones who have any brain cells to willingly say anything at all while everyone just shrugs it off like nothing!?

• revanninja

#33729101 - 2 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Well that depends on stuff.

Just because someones hands are bloody doesnt mean they are in the wrong.

Look at their world they have death machines they barely understand and which they just found out have a queen who has stated on camera she wants to destroy humans and make Ozpin watch as it all comes down.

We have magic which is extremely powerful and VERY deadly.

All of this has been stopped and guarded from humanity by Ozpin. Humanity who as a result forgot about magic seems unaware of the queen and has actually grown as a species to the point they can start actually focusing on how they treat each other and fix that issue.

Ozpin has been safe guarding humanity and in that process his hands are bloody.

And I think that is what everyone is aware of. Jaune and Yang have personal reasons to be upset but also clearly see that its not as simple as Ozpin caused X so he is at fault but more Ozpin is responding to a lot of things which caused X.

So I think people ARE aware but its not as simple as people want to pretend it is and hasnt since we started seeing Maidens.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33729105 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

We got someone peddling the "Pyrrhic Victory" nonsense again in another topic.  You know who.

• revanninja

#33729114 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Oh I saw that and I am just ignoring them I suggest you do the same.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33729573 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

4 days too late, but I've actually got The Forest, finished it 3 times already. The revival in The Forest is not quite what you think it is. It's a life for a life, as you said, but a very unstable trade. Everyone who goes through that process turns into a mutation-prone monster. Megan turns into some mega-freak like Dr. Berkin from Resident Evil 2 (except she dies after a battle with the player after undergoing one stress-induced transformation, not 4 virus-induced transformations like Birkin, so some differences abound), and Timmy (the main character's child) turns into a monster in his teenage years.

I genuinely doubt RT are going to go down this route, but if they do, it would stick with the darker themes they're working on developing.

Meanwhile, I'm interested in the mode of this potential system. As y'all already know, I'm one of those STEM geeks even Trekkies don't want to hang out with (side note- don't talk Relativity with them, they don't give a shit), but seeing as MAGIC has officially been presented and validated, what route might they go down? Scientifically-imposed life swapping (Forest), Magically-imposed life swapping, or some other method? Let's be honest, both main options are on the table, and both are barely fleshed out and in their infancy.

• revanninja

#33729596 - 2 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

No that is EXACTLY like what I was thinking it was. 

They probably arent going that route agreed. And RT really isnt developing darker themes to be honest.

Since we know so little about magic namely what it can and cant do what it costs and what forms it takes its almost impossible for us to really even speculate.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33729666 - 2 months ago

I'm hoping that they find the creation relic in the next volume. I don't want to wait until the last season for Pyrrha to come back. If they either meet her parents or find the creation relic, then I'll feel like they're making her return build up.

• DekZek

DekZek

#33729669 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Well the Creation Relic is in Atlas so you are in Luck.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33729678 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

It would be great to see them find the Creation relic in V6 indeed. But this took so long to find the first one... And it is yet to be confirmed that Atlas is the next destination (but I don't think there is any mystery here, if they go somewhere else it is a direct disapproval toward Ozpin !).

Maybe we could have some info about how the relics work especially the Creation one because I would guess it has an important role in revival.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33729734 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

yeah its been pretty much confirmed thats where they're going next.

• Gunner4573

Gunner4573

#33730129 - 2 months ago

Were going to Atlas next but we’re probably going to staying in Mistral for a few episodes then leave for Atlas since theirs no headmaster anymore. (Also I wanted join this thread for a while but couldn’t get an account)

• revanninja

#33730131 - 2 months ago

In reply to Gunner4573

Welcome and yeah I think roughly that is how it is going as well.

From my phone 

• Velrak

Velrak

#33730182 - 2 months ago

In reply to Gunner4573

Welcome to the party ! Also thinking about the same scenario here, I'm just wondering if we will jump directly to Atlas when leaving Mistral or if we will go through a journey to Atlas like V4 was a journey to Mistral (if we see enough of Mistral in the first episodes, I would vote for the first option).

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33730276 - 2 months ago

Who here saw the newest chibi episode?

• revanninja

#33730286 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Pyrrha is a HAPPY girl

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33730289 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja I'm hoping the going somewhere with that in actual story.