Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (39476)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33732866 - 6 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

While I dont agree fully because i see a lot of ways to bring JNPR back up since vol 4 and 5 was too heavily focused on rebuilding team RWBY which I think negatively effected JNPR and their plot as too much and too little time issue.

But I do think a Pyrrha revival especially one done by Salem makes too much sense. 

They clearly backed off from the Dark concept Vol 3 presented even back in vol 4 so that makes me think they have a plan and this is a case where for vol 3 they wrote themselves into a corner something I have seen even talented writers do all the time by accident when it came time for her Death. 

I think its planned for something to go on with Pyrrha but they havent yet gotten to that point which is why vol 4 and 5 were so weird because right now they bit off more then they could chew with splitting the teams and so they needed to fix it so stuff got put onto the back burner.

That rewrite for vol 5 they talked about? i think Pyrrha was it. They couldnt do all they wanted to do with vol 5 and her so they needed to step it back a little which is why JNPR in 5 seems like they arent doing much they got gutted due to limits.

So I think a good chunk of JNPR's spotlight is something waiting to happen and isnt here yet.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33732867 - 6 months ago

In reply to Gunner4573

Its something I was considering back even before vol 5 and his semblance was out. I have seen a few shows use kept alive by something as a plot point and with the more we find out about grimm the more plausible it seems.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33732956 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I'd like to share your hopes that JNPR's spotlight and purpose is still somewhere "in the que", and on good days with positivity, I do. Other times I'm cynical and really do struggle to see how JNPR will remain relevant without Pyrrha coming back.

On a more worldbuilding note, I wonder if Remnant has the Northern Lights like our world, and if that would stand to serve as Remnant's Aura. Seems like a pretty easy jump to make that the "lifestream" of the RWBY universe.

As per Grimm Pyrrha - that's the concept I've settled on the most - Salem uses a fragment of Pyrrha's soul and shapes a monstrosity out of it, stronger and more intelligent than most due to the shard of Pyrrha's soul, but broken and without a will due to it's incompleteness. In that sense Jaune's semblance would work on it, but what would be the outcome?

• revanninja

#33732960 - 6 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

The thing is I am more in line with a complete pyrrha then a fragment due to it writing better to be honest.

As for jnpr we all get that but I don't think the writers are trying to drop stuff instead I think just a case of timing and limits. Having to juggle so many things.

As for the lights possible we don't know if they are working on a living planet concept or not. Possible just don't know.

From my phone 

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33733040 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja Okay so hypothetical question: if you wanted to introduce a grimm pyrrha to the series how would you do it, where would it occur and when? Also that northern lights thing may only occur in solitas since it's the northern most region of remnant and home to the kingdom of Atlas.

• revanninja

#33733063 - 6 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Hmmm good question that depends on what I want out of the scene do I want to scare, shock, or do I want to emotionally hurt my audience?

As well as her ultimate form is going to look like.

If I am going for scare I would make her look more grimm then not and I wouldnt show Pyrrha but rather her grimm parts. Salem turns with a paper and says find this and retrive it before dropping it an outstretched grimm arm. I would show her always in bad ways like you see an arm and leg but the rest is out of focus and I would make it clear its brutal through various scenes.

Then when JNPR runs into her it turns around and says "hello Jaune"

Something like that.

If I am going for shock I wouldnt reveal her till the last moment I would make it clear something is there but no clues whatsoever its her.

If I want to emotionally hurt Pyrrha wouldnt look different at first glance and she would be obvious and we would see her repeatedly on the side of Salem until its revealed that Pyrrha isnt in control and its all been a grimm using her like a puppet. 

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33733075 - 6 months ago

I would prefer it to be some "soft-reveal" - Salem creates a trio of alpha grimm to assist the villains in their next attempt to acquire the relics - these grimm are almost completely covered in chitinous bone-armor and are semi-human in form. Pyrrha would be one of them - whenever we would have a scene with the villains (like in Volume 2 with Cinder talking with the WF or Cinder disciplining Roman/Emerald/Mercury), more and more subtle hints would establish Pyrrha as the unwilling pawn.

Something like this: not clearly Pyrrha, but also something that would set the fandom aflame with speculation and anticipation.

• revanninja

#33733080 - 6 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Ah the grimm walker a good choice.

I think that would be a little too obvious to be honest but if they werent keeping it secret for long they could pull it off.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33733085 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

If she was one of three "grimm walkers", then maybe it wouldn't be so obvious. It'd be cool to see the protagonists face Grimm that aren't doormats and actually act as competent foes, especially when Salem's Cabal occupies this really weird position as "raid-bosses that choke really easily".

• revanninja

#33733086 - 6 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

The thing to keep in mind is we are seeing an unbalance in power.

Grimm are a SERIOUS threat but not to Huntsmen. So for them its not often the power of a grimm but rather the adds.

They get swarmed and that is what kills them.

We so far really havent seen the big guns. We know the Dragon and Goliaths are out there. The dragon on the ship was a danger but they got some serious help from the ship. Kevin got taken out by Ruby but isnt dead he just is frozen for now.

I think what is going on is we arent seeing the REAL forces of Salem we are seeing the outliers.

As for the Cabal not really Qrow is a powerful warrior probably the best Raven is on equal footing without Maiden with she eclipses him.

Hazel was more or less fighting a what 7 vs 3 and he was WINNING because he was still good to go but the heroes were on their last legs.

This is a case were it looks like they are weaker then they really are.

• revanninja

#33733275 - 6 months ago

tumblr_inline_pcx6duOM4q1rjnhph_540.png

So I keep seeing stuff like this posted 

This is from the description from a manga where these two are married and have a kid.

tell me they dont look like Pyrrha and Jaune.

This isnt the first time I have seen like stuff before either. It looks like a lot of people who do official works like Arkos

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33733290 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Great art! Do you know the source of the manga/series?

As per Arkos and it's popularity, as a canonical pairing it's always going to be overshadowed by ships that people want to see happen. I think a there is quite the silent majority of Arkos supporters, just like there are a lot of Arkos artists out there.

• revanninja

#33733294 - 6 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

They didn't say which one it's from.

Yeah it seems a lot if people love arkos and want to see it.

Supposedly there is something surprising and shocking in v6 so I am hoping though obviously right now it's just wishful thinking.

From my phone 

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33733324 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

You and me both. Frankly, I don't see any other way JNR stays relevant or compelling in this story, so I'm going to stubbornly await the reveal. 

• revanninja

#33733325 - 6 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Personally the thing that keeps popping up to me is 

V5_04_00037.png

But they KEEP showing them in JNPR positions, while this picture isnt the best I know others that show it more clearly. They did the same in vol 4 intro.

They keep doing little things to remind us of Pyrrha and her place with them and now that we see RWBY back together or at least working on being back together that leaves JNPR out on the water.

While some have said Oscar PINE might be the replacement P the fact they really havent connected them makes me think they arent going to.

They might play with it make us think that is where they are going but I think the whole Ozpin thing will prevent it in the long run.

So I think what they are doing is throwing little things to make us recall pyrrha so it stays some what fresh when tehy eventually get to her revival.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33733356 - 6 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

From what I've seen Pyrrha still gets the most fanart out of JNPR.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33733393 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja 

It's neat, I didn't watch Volume 5 so I didn't notice that placement... pretty neat if you ask me!

• revanninja

#33733394 - 6 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Yeah there is tons of little things like that in the.vol that makes me think it's suppose to be subtle nudging while we wait.

From my phone 

• DekZek

DekZek

#33733406 - 6 months ago

All this talk about Arkos has me wondering, what other ships are there in the community. Other than that one, I know Ren+Nora is canon, and I am aware of Bumblebee (mainly because of the fanbase toxicity around it), but what else is there?

• Gunner4573

Gunner4573 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33733419 - 6 months ago

In reply to DekZek well Eclipse(Blake and Sun) are kinda cannon since all the time they spent together in her hometown and that scene in volume 4 where Sun wakes up after getting stabbed by Illia also mainly Blake’s mom ships them together 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33733475 - 6 months ago

In reply to DekZek

White Rose (Ruby+Weiss)  White Knight (Jaune+Weiss) My favorite    Lancaster (Ruby+Jaune)   Dragonslayer (Yang+Jaune)  Ladybug (Ruby+Blake)  

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33733484 - 6 months ago

There are whole bunch of ships - when talking about 'canon', as a strict canon perspective only Arkos and Renora. In terms of popularity, there are a whole bundle of ships that are fiercely popular, and others that are commonly accepted. Renora, for example, is supremely canon but you don't hear much about it because nobody really disagrees with it. Other ships like Bumblebee/ Eclipse are louder but with less fans. Then you have the stew of Jaune ships... 

And frankly, if you can think of two characters, there is probably a ship for it...

• acw28

acw28

#33733493 - 6 months ago

In reply to DekZek

All this talk about Arkos has me wondering, what other ships are there in the community. 

Someone give this person the link to the shipping spreadsheet, let them explore that rabbit hole at their own risk...

• DekZek

DekZek

#33733498 - 6 months ago

Now that I think of it, I have never really shipped anyone together myself.

Let's see... I'll try doing this by team to organize my thoughts.

RWBY:

Ruby could work well with Oscar, depending on what happens to the Ozpin part of him. If it eventually fades away/combines with Oscar himself, then it would be fine. But if Ozpin is still there as Ozpin, any relationship would be very awkward.

Weiss... I got nothing. I don't think she would work well with Jaune, at least not yet. Jaune still has a ton of unresolved emotional baggage from Pyrrha, and so he definitely is not ready for a relationship. Weiss also has emotional baggage, but it is a completely different kind so they wouldn't be able to bond over that. I'll just go out on a limb and say Weiss+Flynt.

I think Blake and Sun could work depending on how their relationship plays out, as of now I just see it as Sun being half-obsessed with Blake, while Blake views them as just friends.

I can't think of anyone to ship Yang with. I know some people would say Blake, but I don't see any indication that either of them is attracted to girls. I could potentially see Yang being Bi, but that's a discussion for another day.

JNPR:

*glances at the two Canon ships* I don't think there's much I need to say here.

CRDL:

I completely forgot these guys existed. I don't know enough about any of them to draw any conclusions.

STRQ:

Summer... Wait, why am I discussing how to ship someone who has been dead for at least ten years?

Taiyang seems like he's too settled into his life to even consider a relationship. There's still probably a ton of bad blood between him and Raven because she literally just dumped Yang on him. At best they can resolve their past, but there's no way they're becoming a couple again.

Raven: see Taiyang

Qrow is probably willing to throw himself at anyone who would give him a chance, so I doubt he would ever stay with someone for a long-term relationship. In Chibi, I definitely would ship him with Winter, but in the main show, not so much.

SSSN:

Sun: see Blake

Don't know enough about the rest of the team to comment.

*looks through the rest of the character list*

I'd want someone to ship Ilia with, since I don't like her being alone as the only lesbian so far, but I can't think of anyone. Although I said earlier that Yang could be Bi, I can't really see the two of them working together even if that were the case. The only other girl I could see being attracted to girls would be Emerald because of her behavior around Cinder (which is a borderline complete obsession), but that wouldn't even be remotely a possibility until after a redemption arc for Emerald.

So yeah, that's all I can think of.