Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (39318)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33735713 - 4 months ago

In reply to Gunner4573

Nothing really that I am aware of.

Though if you are one of the lucky ones for the Q and A session which I think they have dont ask a Monty question they have been more then hinting people really need to leave that topic alone.

Also dont ask Shipping questions they have answered nearlly all of them hundreds of times over.

• Gunner4573

Gunner4573 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735873 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja thank you 

• Gunner4573

Gunner4573 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33736033 - 4 months ago

Any else going to the premiere?

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33736048 - 4 months ago

In reply to Gunner4573

Nah would like too.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33736064 - 4 months ago

Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to go to the premiere because I live in Saint Louis. Not Were RT is.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33736258 - 4 months ago

Any theories on what Pyrrha related stuff we might get from volume 6?

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33736283 - 4 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Meeting her parents I assume, probably in the first couple episodes. 

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33736322 - 4 months ago

In reply to spoolofwhool

As much as I'm tempted to see Pyrrha's family, I'm already a bit 'familiy'd' out. Blake already had a touching get-together with her family, do we really need another one?

I'm also worried of the implication that meeting Pyrrha's family - are they just going to exist for a couple of episodes before disappearing and never being relevant ever again, whereas we know Ghira and Kali will pop up again from time to time.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33736328 - 4 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Well that heavily depends on some things. Keep in mind Pyrrha was a 4 year champion of Mistral by the time we meet her when she is 17 meaning when she was 12 or 13 depending on timeline she was made a champion. Now considering Weiss says that is a record and she acts likes its a big deal we can summarize its not an easy feat getting that.

So Pyrrha would have needed to be trained heavily before that and for a few years to get that good. So we are looking at her being trained probably age 8-10.

Now imagine what her family would be like to let that happen. 

Then look at how Pyrrha acted she really had no close friendships or anything like that its part of the reason why she fell for Jaune he treated her not as world famous Pyrrha but just as Pyrrha the person.

That says a LOT about her family and home life and I am thinking we might not see a touching get together at all.

I could be wrong but a lot of what we see with Pyrrha speaks of a lonely life.

And we dont know if they will do that with her folks people were thinking the same for Kali and ghira when they showed up as well after all.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33736330 - 4 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

I think it would be worth to see Pyrrha's family because there is potential ! The writers have material to make it not just a family meeting like "Oh nice to meet you and then goodbye". Imagine for example Jaune meeting Pyrrha's mother who starts to tell him her childhood... Hop jump into an actual showed backstory (as the CRWBY promised to do more "show not tell") ! And we finally see how Pyrrha was "separated" from the "regular" people by some others making her a star (Pumpkin pete's owners ??), putting pressure on her to perform well in the tournament she ended up winning four time in a row. Jaune gets mad as it reminds him about another occasion where Pyrrha was forced to serve others' goals because of her profile (natural super skills but also fragile and too kind personnality)... I'm talking of course about Ozpin and the "choice" he gave to Pyrrha to become the Fall maiden (I don't think she had one but that is another discussion). Jaune finds Ozpin and finally calls him out on that !

But at least just showing Pyrrha's backstory along with her family would be good because I think this is the last chance to do it for Miles and Kerry, the main cast will then leave Mistral to go to Atlas. I don't see how any later attempt would make sense. The beginning of V6 is their perfect spot I think.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33736332 - 4 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Miles said a while back that Pyrrha's mom has an important role in the story.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33736333 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Nice synchronization !

I didn't develop that part but I could definitely see that (lonely life very soon, expectations, training etc...). And Pyrrha's family letting it happen because... Nikos family I guess.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33736334 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

Hoo I didn't know that, thanks for this info ! Hopes are even higher now :)

• JROY

#33736340 - 4 months ago

In reply to Velrak

I will say given that they had a massive rewrite for a character we'll have to wait an see for sure though.

• revanninja

#33736342 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

I hadnt heard it was a character just a rewrite period.

Which Kerry also said it was less rewrite and more pushing it back from the AMA.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33736345 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

In reply to revanninja

I've questioning this character rewrite for some time.

• revanninja

#33736346 - 4 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Well as far as I know its NOT a character rewrite.

Just a rewrite and them more pushing it back from what Kerry himself said.

Vol 5 was jammed packed and was honestly a lot for them to bite off getting everyone back together so chances are good they meant to put in the event for vol 5 specifically for RNJR but cut it because they had too much on their plate.

People have talked about how RNJR really dont do anything in vol 5 for most of it.

Well if their story bit was pushed back it makes sense why people feel that way.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33736353 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

Not to doubt and all, but could I have a source?

As per the other comments, I must hazard to ask what we would get out of exploring the history and backstory of a character that is currently dead? It feels like salt on the wound, a wound that was made 3 years ago - so not only is it an insult to a character that is already dead, it is a diminished feeling. 

If this does happen, I really hope it does more than just 'inspire' our heroes or help Jaune get over his internal issues. If we are going to spend time on reflecting on Pyrrha's childhood, I would appreciate it if Pyrrha's story actually mattered in the plot again... If we do see Pyrrha's family it could very well give us reason to suspect Pyrrha coming back, but I'm still paranoid that it'll just be a waste of character and an unnecessary exploitation of Pyrrha Nikos's life.

• revanninja

#33736369 - 4 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

What we would get? Simple her backstory making her MORE of a character and if they are exploring her character there is a reason for it.

If they do explore it chances are MORE then high they are going to revive her especially because we have Raven directly talking about people coming back from the dead and it not being Ozpin.

It wouldnt give us reason it would be a SOLID argument for it we already have several reasons for it since they so far have ignored every chance to mourn and put Pyrrha to rest specifically ignoring or shutting down Jaune when he is venting, we have the dream which is STILL super odd, we have Raven and her tidbit, and then we have the Aura machine which was such a huge thing that came to nothing.

If they are exploring her past that is them basically saying yes she is HIGHLY likely to come back.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33736374 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

And if it turns out that it is exactly what mach56gs suspects that it is, just a way to further galvanize the rest of the team....what then?  If nothing comes from all these "hints" that she's coming back....what then?

• revanninja

#33736379 - 4 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Then we are wrong and nothing comes of it because we arent psycho's who attack writers because they dont do what we think they should.

Its not a hard concept Wright.

I will be sad and disappointed to be sure but I am not going to treat others like crap or insult them simply because things didnt go my way.

So "what then"?

I will watch RWBY and judge if I like where the show is going or not like Always

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33736453 - 4 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

I think it would be nice to see her family, because it's not only a way to deepen her character, but because it allows RT to compare to Blake's family reunion. The Belladonnas were happy to have her back, safe and sound, even if that meant having to fight in their own home.

The Nikos reunion would be nothing of that. Her daughter is gone, her school is destroyed, and her friends roam the land, looking for answers. Uplifting it ain't. I really look forward to see how they handle this.

In reply to WrightKnight

Then it would be clear that RT does not see clearly how to develop a character. Then it's evident they will leave us with mostly flat characters, with any growth whatsoever, that ignore their strife and the events of the world around them, to become basically cartoons of what they should be.

Then it would be the end of the show for many of us.

• revanninja

#33736455 - 4 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

I will be honest looking at their past works which have included Miles as a writer I seriously dont see them missing this at all.

I think they have had something planned since day one and they are still working towards it despite some of the changes they were forced to make.

• Gunner4573

#33736602 - 4 months ago

bit of a off topic but who do you guys think the next volume 6 trailer is going to be (if their is one). 

• revanninja

#33736617 - 4 months ago

In reply to Gunner4573

There isnt going to be one. 

They have said the Adam short is going to be their only one and they are super focusing on the next volume to make it right since they admit doing the 3 shorts in vol 5 took away time, energy, money, and resources from the main volume.

So I think its highly likely we wont see anything else until the volume release.