Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (36948)

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33733507 - 1 week ago

In reply to leonmasteries

The fact that Pyrrha vanished into a dust that looks eerily identical to Cinder's typical dust-manipulation semblance is a frustrating taunt... there has to be more to this, right?!

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33733509 - 1 week ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin I don't want to think that those are all ratings on shippings.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33733514 - 1 week ago

Pretty much my thoughts as well

From my phone 

• Gunner4573

Gunner4573

#33733658 - 1 week ago

this is a bit off topic but has there been any news of Nomad of Nowhere? I know that the first day of RTX talked about RWBY vol 6 and how the trailer for it is Adam in his younger day with Blake 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33733661 - 1 week ago

In reply to Gunner4573

Its still on from what I have heard and seen it had some episode preview from what I got caught but I am not sure what is going on didnt watch it much to be honest.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33733667 - 1 week ago

In reply to Gunner4573

Comes back mid August.

• Gunner4573

Gunner4573

#33733677 - 1 week ago

Thank you

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33734778 - 4 days ago

Hopefully the trailer gives us something about Pyrrha.

• revanninja

#33734780 - 4 days ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Nick there is NO WAY they would show that in the trailer.

That is a SERIOUS thing so to give it away in the trailer makes no sense unless they have taken leave of their senses.

They would WANT to keep that under wrap and key until it comes out and not make it known at all until they very last second.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33734793 - 4 days ago

In reply to revanninja Well I don't know what part of the show would be good for having something about her.

• revanninja

#33734794 - 4 days ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

The reveal.

No I am not kidding that isnt something you give away until it is time.

You bid your time and keep it close until its time to use it because otherwise you steal your own thunder.

There is a couple of movies that have done that in the past given away a huge chunk of their movie plot and twists via the trailer.

And I assure RT doesnt want that. So they wont say anything until its time. They will set it up like we are seeing with Raven talking about personally seeing revival and other like things but making it about Pyrrha and her coming back wont happen until the event happens.

That way they keep all of their energy

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33734797 - 4 days ago

In reply to revanninja Well then I hope the event comes soon.

• leonmasteries

leonmasteries FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735066 - 3 days ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to NickPotterfi

Nick there is NO WAY they would show that in the trailer.

That is a SERIOUS thing so to give it away in the trailer makes no sense unless they have taken leave of their senses.

Funny thing about that, I feel the same way, and an example of where something like this hurt the series/game a bit is honestly from the Kingdom Hearts 3 trailers, revealing what happened to Aqua. I feel that they should of kept that secret and keep us in the dark till that scene came up in the game itself, which would of given the audience a much bigger shock similar to what happened to Pyrrha.

• leonmasteries

leonmasteries FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735067 - 3 days ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

In reply to revanninja Well then I hope the event comes soon.

I feel that it'll either be a season finale event, showing us what's happened to her at the very end of the last episode this season, or pull a Tex from Red vs Blue season 8 where she shows up out of nowhere and proceeds to wreck everyone's day.

• revanninja

#33735070 - 3 days ago

Either would work and be good.

As for the Aqua thing the only reason I can think of for them showing that is either its not QUITE what we see and thus they are using the trailer to sell us a false point something I have seen happen a few times or there is a BIGGER thing being kept hidden and the reveal is being used to hide that from the people making us think oh its this when its not,

But I agree Pyrrha if they do bring her back is most likely going to be out of nowhere mess everything up or be a season finale thing.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33735138 - 2 days ago

In reply to revanninja

As much as I'd like them to 'hype' Pyrrha's return, I'd like it to be put on the backburner and set up subtlety... That is, only if they decide to bring her back as some Grimm. It would be easy to resurrect Cinder and to use that reveal as a "smokescreen" to the fact that one of the Grimm that Salem brings to the table is in fact Pyrrha.

• revanninja

#33735141 - 2 days ago

In reply to mach56gs

Something to keep in mind is the little snippet we got for the premire.

tumblr_pdig8vvSC81rpk3a3o1_1280.png

Argus limited.

Argus is able to be freely changed with Argos.

Argos for those who dont know is a city in greece which Agamemnon was king of. Agamemnon was the one who insulted Achilles which lead to the War continuing for longer. 

That right there is a FAR too easy connection to Pyrrha who is based on Achilles.

And right up there with the Subtle you are taking about.

• acw28

acw28

#33735194 - 2 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Hate to be that guy, but Argus is the Latinized form of Argos, which is interchangeable but also a fairly common name in Greek myths. Aside from the city state, one of several locations that share the name, you mentioned, Argos is also the name of one of Zeus's mortal children, the guy who built the Argo (the ship that Jason and the Argonauts sailed on), a giant with a hundred eyes, and even Odysseus' dog (more of Zwei's family appearing confirmed!). 

I'm not trying to discourage all connections to Pyrrha, but this one just seems like Argus Limited is just the name of the ship/plane the group is taking to Atlas, even the rest of the text just seems like the blurb for the first episode of the volume.

• revanninja

#33735198 - 2 days ago

In reply to acw28

Oh I know and even noted it was in other places I posted this just forgot to mark it here that its more then just to Argos.

I am just pointing out with what we have it does make a certain amount of sense.

My main point is that the Argos is connected to the Trojan war in a lot of places and we have Pyrrha who is achilles.

So it seems like it might lead in to her past or connections.

That doesnt mean its correct but it is possible especially since I can see them making Agamemnon the captain of the ship or vessel and that playing into something from Pyrrha's past.

So yes there is more and that was my fault for not acknowledging them more here but it seems to be leaning more towards a greek connection something noted that Mistral was lacking.

• acw28

acw28

#33735207 - 2 days ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to acw28
    ...seems to be leaning more towards a greek connection something noted that Mistral was lacking.

Sorry for cutting off the rest of your quote, but this was the section that got me thinking. I mean when we first met Pyrrha in volume 1 and found out she was from Mistral, I think a lot of people figured the continent was very much like Europe/Greece in terms of influence. At the very least you could argue for multi-culturalism given how Ren and Nora are also from Mistral but have vastly different appearances. And then the past few volumes make it clear that in terms of culture, Ren is the Mistral norm while Nora and Pyrrha are the outliers. So then is it possible that Pyrrha's family came from somewhere else before immigrating to Mistral, but then from where? I mean the only place the show hasn't really gone would be Vacou (or some as of yet unnamed country within the Kingdoms deep in the wilderness)? But then what would be the point of making her appearance so atypical of Mistral, aside from her Greek inspiration?

...and crap, this could be the family connection everyone has been craving. The singular Greek-inspired part of the Volume in a decidedly Asian-inspired land, I'm not saying it's definite but now you have me about 85% sure that in some way someone on the ship (it's captain, it's designer, etc.) will have some sort of family connection to Pyrrha, bravo good sir.

• revanninja

#33735210 - 2 days ago

In reply to acw28

See that is what I got to thinking myself once I realized hey wait a minute.

I recalled all the arguments about how Mistral was as a culture since its pretty heavily Asian themed yet strangely Pyrrha a greek design is the champion. So either the more outlier like the coasts have a different culture theme possible because we did hear in the great war Mistral supressed the other parts of the country culture.

There is a LOT here and if it plays out even a BIT like I think it does that is some subtle planning on RT's part.

• acw28

acw28

#33735221 - 2 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Would probably have to be the far Eastern coast then. We had just a glimpse of the Western coast when Yang got off the ferry and began her quest to find her mom, and the buildings of the port where definitely Asian inspired.

Well RT is pretty good at subtle. I know it get's referenced a lot, and I also realize a lot of it was due to the story being rewritten during the early days of the company, but the reveal that Church was an AI came out of nowhere, but a rewatch reveals subtle clues. If you want an example from something Miles worked on, there was the twist that Felix was working with Locus.

• revanninja

#33735228 - 2 days ago

In reply to acw28

Yep and they are VERY good at turning what was just simple jokes and other things into those clues as I know for a fact for RvB it wasnt originally planned to be an AI but somewhere I forget when they went well what about and ran with it and built from there.

That takes a LOT of skill. And while that was Burnie not Miles and Kerry they do still have access to him and his skills which the internal review they are talking about makes me think they are tapping him more then they were before.