Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (39840)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33737152 - 7 months ago

In reply to spoolofwhool

I am actually thinking on it pretty positive ALL of the girls werent temporally aligned. Weiss had a concert to perform before any of her stuff gets going and the way her father Klein and brother speaks makes a LOT more sense if its only been a few days since beacon instead of months originally thought.

Yang because she aligns first with Weiss then with RNJR and she also had travel time to catch up to RNJR since we know they left FIRST her being also not in the same order also makes sense. Plus then there was her training with her new arm and getting back into fighting shape which will take some time.

We know for a fact Blake wasnt aligned due to in volume dialogue.

So I am pretty sure NONE of the girls were.

As for what it added I think time. All of them have a LOT going on but not making it aligned gives Miles and Kerry room to write and arrange things to be a more realistic time frame while also keeping the narrative going. If we knew that they werent time aligned it would have drained a lot of tension since they in several places used the tension built from one story line to help another.

So I think it was less adding something to the story and more keeping things realistic.

I am also pretty sure the whole Timeline Plot hole thing was BEFORE vol 5 which giving one would spill the beans something we KNOW they want to avoid.

I dont agree if we were talking about a normal episode or a story focusing on Ilia then I would agree but a background character showing that she was there for it all I think its okay for the model not to be age accurate and for it more to be a stand in. Because now they can use Ilia in regards to WF history since she was there.

Basically because its a short it gets more leeway then a full episode.

If it was a full episode showing the White Fang past I would be on board and saying YES they need to create a new model for this or at least make pains to make Ilia look younger but shorts especially after them flat out saying they screwed up with the 3 shorts of volume 5 I get WHY they didnt.

Also making younger 3d models is HARD its very easy to overshoot or fall short in creating a child or pre-teen. Take Sherryl form RE2 for example she is suppose to be 8 in the game but she comes across MUCH younger both in model and behavior something the RE2remake is addressing and has directly talked about.

So its possible they couldnt figure out how to make her look younger in an easy enough fashion for it to be feasible.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33737168 - 7 months ago

I have an easy way to rationalize Ilia's appearance in the forest skirmish portion of the Adam short:

"She has the body of a 12-year old anyway, we thought no one would notice!"

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33737224 - 7 months ago

So how much of a chance is there that We'll get Pyrrha's family in the volume 6 and more stuff leading to her coming back? Any way to scale the chances?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33737227 - 7 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Considering a couple of the things such as the Argo I would.say 60 percent or higher just based on the tiny bit we are seeing of pyrrha family the rest an unknown.

From my phone 

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33737251 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja Whoa those are a lot higher odds then i expected.

• revanninja

#33737258 - 7 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

It was always 50 50 if they are going to show up or not in mistral especially since they appear to be leaving Mistral and going to Atlas.

So already unless something odd happens this is do or not do as is.

But then we have the Limited Argus.

Argus is a greek word when so far Mistral has been Asian themed. Pyrrha is based on a greek hero achilles.

One of the legends linked to Argus or Argo as it can be interchanged with has a direct link to Achilles. And we KNOW RT likes playing with this kind of thing using legends as such for their characters.

So while others may not see it as important considering RT's track record I think its more then a little suspect.

Then there is the storyline Kerry said that got cut but not really as it was more pushed back. Considering where they were in vol 5 the part it got cut from it makes more sense to me it probably applies to Pyrrha who is from Mistral.

So this gives me the 60% chance or higher of us seeing Pyrrha's folks for vol 6.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33737284 - 7 months ago

it almost feels like Miles and Kerry are stalling 

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33737286 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja 

The Argus is a disambiguation of the word Argos, which was the famous ship used by the argonauts. Quite a tragic story. But I don't think the Argos was ever related to Achilles.

If anything, the word reaffirms RT's commitment to using myth and fable as inspiration for their story. Another greek-themed mythos leaking into RWBY is nice, but I don't consider it a considerable weight on the scale.

50/50 for me. Not to say 60/40 is wrong just I'm not too inclined to give the "Argus limited" that much credit.

• revanninja

#33737287 - 7 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

I personally dont think so. Rather I feel like we are getting out of a setup period.

To use an exampole its like Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Not the most stellar book of the series but one that sets up a lot of the vital plot elements and understandings Deathly Hollows uses for its part.

You see this a lot with shows and book series where there are times its not great but they lay down some lore or concepts that are VITAL for future parts of the plot.

Considering vol 4 introduced Magic, Relics, Oz revival, and gods

Vol 5 introduced Oz the Wizard, relic vaults, grimm parts, Salem and oz being from the time of the gods, Raven seeing people be revived, confirmation of Raven and Qrow turning into birds and probably more I am forgetting off the top of my head.

Basically vol 4 and 5 set up a lot of the magic side of things we didnt know about and is a LOT of fodder for possible choices and actions. For example the Relics are confirmed to be Divine level artifacts that we so far have been informed can together let a user alter the world as they see fit.

That is a lot of power and we dont know how powerful just one Relic contains.

So I think 4 and 5 were setup that a lot of shows need to slogg through.

• revanninja

#33737288 - 7 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Argos is one of the names of Mycena which Agamemnon was king of. Agamemnon was the King who pissed off Achilles enough he prayed for the war to be longer.

So yes there is a relation  

This type of Name thing is actually pretty common with Greek stories look at Hercules and his names all correct all different.

You dont consider it weight because you missed the connection is all.

Again you missed the connection hence why you dont think it has that much credit.

EDIT

As a good example take Chiron the centaur who taught Achilles how to be a warrior. Well Hercules who sailed on the Argo is the one who killed him more or less. Hercules is in possesion of poison tipped arrows using blood from a creature I cant recall right now.

The story has 2 versions that I am aware of there is probably more then I am aware of. One is Hercules gets drunk with Chiron and goes berserk and it ends with him shooting him. The other version a group of Centaurs attack Hercules and he shoots them with his bow but by accident shoots Chiron who heard the noise and came to see what was going on.

Because Chiron is immortal he cant die but the Poison is such he also cant live through it so he has to give up his immortality to die which the gods honored him by making him the Sagittarius.

We have seen this with RWBY as well when Tyrian was attacking Ruby shoots Nora in the face with a lightning dust round which refers to when Artemis shoots Orion in the head by accident while trying to save him from the scorpion.

There is even another version where apollo tricked Artemis to kill Orion.

So there is a LOT of variations at work with Greek Myths.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33737289 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Fair, but let's be honest, Argus is probably going to be referenced for the myth of the Argos, not as a reference of a city or region that Agamemnon once ruled over. Where as Argos has an immediate connection to the Argonauts myth, it has a removed and passive connection to the mythic character Agamemnon.

This is why I consider the Argus is just a reference to the Argonauts and not the 100 other things that it could reference. It's too confusing and vague if they were to stretch the reference to a much more obscure reference or connection, and they're going to want to stick to more obvious connections, as they always have.

• revanninja

#33737290 - 7 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Not really because they actually have done this type of name thing and we havent realized it. Are you aware Nora is japanese I think it was for stray? Yes looking it up it can mean that when used as a noun.

And what is Nora? A stray person Ren found.

Take Jaune's sword its Crocea Mors "yellow death" which is connected to Julius Caeser. He lost it because it got wedged in someone else shield which is why Jaune's sword goes into his shield but here is the thing Joan of Arc HAS a sword.

And Joan of Arc is who HE is based on.

In fact 3 of them. The sword of St catherine, one given to her by Sir Baudricourt, and a third she took from a solider.

The one from Catherine has a lot of questions on where the sword comes from and in fact some say it might be Charlemagne though that is a matter of opinion.

We know for example all of the towns in Vol 4 have names from the flower langauge which has specific meanings they are as far as I am aware connected to.

They LIKE playing with this stuff and not being direct on a lot of this.

Also Argo for the King is NOT an obscure reference at all its WELL known in Mythological circles and they havent gone for the more obvious reference in several places.

Pyrrha for achilles is actually NOT well known before RWBY a lot of people didnt know he duked the war under that name.

And also to counter you Achilles IS an obvious reference and connection back to the name of Argo it was a simple search for me to find it less then a minute to be honest.

You dont think its likely and that is fine but there is a connection and its an easy one to find and make.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33737292 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja Huh, makes you wonder what the other regions of mistral are like culturally.

Also hope they stop beating around the bush with the shutting down cause that is starting to wear thin on me.

• revanninja

#33737293 - 7 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

I think they are they have hinted we will see Jaune's family soon though this volume or another I am unsure. They said we will see Jaune is on the younger side of the family. Though does that mean he is the youngest or just a few steps up is hard to say.

We might with this. I am thinking the Limited Argo is a train they are taking to a point to get a ship so I think we might get to see other cultures as they go.

I think it might be like a ripple of culture the closer to Mistral you are the more asian but the further away the less asian it is.

• revanninja

#33737303 - 7 months ago

Also something else to add to it.

Peleus Achilles Father was an Argonaut he was on the trip to get the Golden Fleece alongside Jason and Hercules.

So the connections to Achilles are actually becoming MORE likely.

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33737306 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Where did the term Limited Argus come from with regards to Rwby? I see that you started talking about it earlier, but it seemed to come from nowhere.

• revanninja

#33737308 - 7 months ago

In reply to spoolofwhool

It was from the vol 6 premire info

LINK

All aboard the Argus Limited! Team RWBY and their friends are taking their first steps towards transporting the Relic of Knowledge to Atlas. Making their way to another continent won't be a simple journey, and the question on everyone's mind isn't "if" things will go wrong... but "when."

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33737418 - 7 months ago

And on that note, I have a RWBY Recast ready.  Today we will see where the RWBY cast fit within the 'Verse, on the transport ship Serenity.  I decided to post in spoiler tag for some suspense.

Malcolm Reynolds: Roman Torchwick

Zoe Washburne: Blake Belladonna
    Hoban Washburne: Yang Xiao Long

Kaywinnit Lee Frye: Ruby Rose

Jayne Cobb: Cardin Winchester

Inara Serra: Cinder Fall

Derrial Book: Ozpin

Simon Tam: Jaune Arc

River Tam: Penny Polendina

Saffron: Emerald Sustrai

Atherton Wing: Mercury Black

Jubal Early: Tyrian Callows

Adelai Niska: Dr. Watts

Nandi: Glynda Goodwitch

The Operative: Adam Taurus

Mr. Universe: Leo Lionheart

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33737608 - 7 months ago

I wonder what the Arkos reunion will be like when Pyrrha is back and back on the good side.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33737621 - 7 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Oof don't even get me started.

I would be fine for Pyrrha, brought back and given freedom again, to just go on her own journey of self-discovery. Everything that she's been through is quite traumatic and she may need that time to herself. I would be satisfied with that.

But if they ship it, I think it would prefer it to be something silent, something that has gravity behind it. For the last shot of the show to be them standing in a field, facing one another for yet another sparring session, but in a completely different light - as partners, veterans, moving on from the events of the show but also looking at one another for guidance and inspiration for the future.

As for the initial 'reunion', I prefer a subversion of the 'Romeo-Juliet' tragedy - where Pyrrha is revived to see a seemingly greviously wounded Jaune, rushes to his side, still trying to understand why she is back and why he is in such a sore shape... Only for Jaune to simply shrug off the injuries through his semblance. 

Added bonus is that Nora and Ren are completely unsurprised by all of it.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33737676 - 7 months ago

Revival remains a vague process in RWBY for the fans according to the lack of infos we have. So still many possibilities to discuss. I was actually wondering what could be the chances of Pyrrha being revived but without any memory of her "previous" life... My intuition tells me it won't happen but well theories are still possible at this stage :)

• revanninja

#33737682 - 7 months ago

In reply to Velrak

Chances are super high that with the inclusion of revival its going to be aimed at Pyrrha as she currently is the only character who it makes sense.

While there has been deaths in the show many of them are people the heroes wouldnt care to revive or where so limited in scope it doesnt make sense.

Pyrrha as it currently stands is the one that makes the most sense from a writing and story telling perspective.

Now the ways and forms of HOW that happens are still unknown so its possible she might come back with her memories gone or partially damaged.

One thing that has recently been rediscovered is Ozpin can store time in his cane from the vol 2 commentary. The details are being VERY vague right now and intentionally so as Grey even says they dont want to spell it out right now but time is a thing and Ozpin can store it.

This may be how revival works Ozpin gives time to the departed letting them live for the amount he has given them. And this may also explain why he hasnt used it with Summer and Pyrrha as it stands because its not a full revival but rather a limited one.

Mind you there is no evidence for this only just a thought based on other shows and series who have done like this before. 

So there is tons of ideas on how this could work and what it means.

Right now because its only a vague confirmation that there is indeed revival in the story we have so many opitions and choices on what to do its hard to say yes that can work or no it cant outside of stuff that is super obvious not really a thing in RWBY.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33737694 - 7 months ago

What ever way they do it is good for me. As long as she's back and in the flesh.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33737695 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

So, a possible revival that still ends with the character's death anyway?  Cop-out.  Not to mention that it's the only way that the "dead is dead" crowd was going to accept a Pyrrha revival from the start (they made that clear right off the bat), so anything that pleases them is piss.  Simply put, it's not a true challenge to modern audience false rhetoric.

• revanninja

#33737696 - 7 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

You may have to wait a little bit for her to be back in the flesh depending on what they do or dont do.

They could have her as a spirit while I know many wouldnt be happy it would most likely be a stepping stone to a true revival down the line.

So just be aware there is a LOT of ways for them to take this and make it work and some of them might seem odd until it fully plays out.