Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (37100)

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33737797 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

Wow. I didn't know about Oz's cane. This makes me think: he can store time. And we know people can return from the death. And we have a character who can restore Aura. Imagine the possibilities.

Even if they don't want to spell it out, a return is not only possible, but also very achievable, don't you guys think?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33737799 - 1 week ago

In reply to FettucCR

Agreed there is a lot here that seems to be trickling in and it paints revival of Pyrrha as more and more likely.

I wont be surprised if it turns out to be plot heavy.

Like there is actually a FIFTH relic the soul which is not on the mortal plane at all but that one is kept VERY hidden to prevent Salem from ever getting her hands on it.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33737838 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

uh...was that the thingy you promised to stay quiet about?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33737840 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

No that was just me guessing the thing I promised to keep quiet about is NOT that big.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33737904 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

I don't know if I like the idea of a fifth relic. I'm not a fan of shows pulling things out of nowhere.

But I won't be surprised if this next Volume is centered around P-Money references. In fact, I expect it to be so (maybe not as much as being about it, but heavy presence).

• revanninja

#33737912 - 1 week ago

In reply to FettucCR

I am honestly expecting Vol 6 to have something with Pyrrha because Limited Argus has a lot of connections to her. The King of Argos and Achilles father Peleus. Add to it that its a greek name in what has so far been an Asian themed area with Pyrrha who is greek based is suppose to be from Mistral.

So I am thinking its going to be a thing as we know CRWBY likes playing with this.

To be clear a 5th relic is me just pulling from thin air there hasnt been anything to even hint at it being true.

That said it might become true in some fashion as its very clear an information war has been going on for a LONG time. That was the issue with Maidens they used to be well known and then Ozpin's group stepped in and started hiding the truth to protect them.

So its possible a 5th relic is the same something hidden to prevent a total disaster if the worst comes to pass.

Also we should be on the lookout for more hidden things we didnt realize about until we had context.

Pyrrha: (put off by the question, but answers with nostalgia:) Well, there's The Tale of The Two BrothersThe Shallow Sea, The Girl in the Tower...

From Vol 3 Fall.

The tale of the two brothers sounds like what you would call the 2 gods fighting doesnt it?

And from what Miles said the 2 brothers was one of the FIRST things he contributed to RWBY back when him Kerry and Monty were figuring things out for it.

So I am wondering what else has gone over our heads and we dont realize it because we lack the context.

• acw28

acw28

#33737938 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

I wonde how those other two stories go. I mean, we already have foreshadowing with one of the named tales, so why not the others? I can't even begin to deconstruct The Shallow Sea, but The Girl in the Tower gives me some Random like vibes, which did end with a rescue and, depending on the version you read, the healing of a significant other.

• revanninja

#33737939 - 6 days ago

In reply to acw28

Right now dont know I wouldnt have picked the 2 brothers as being about the gods creating the world.

So I dont have enough to say what they could be.

They might be fluff meant to be just possible stories you could hear but since one turned out to be an actually important myth its not far fetched to say the others could turn out to be real.

So I am not really sure but its making me wonder how much is REALLY foreshadowed and we didnt realize because we just didnt have context or understanding enough.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33737950 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja Like the fourth crystal skull in the phantom?

• revanninja

#33737955 - 6 days ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

I had completely forgotten about that movie to be honest but more or less.

With something as World altering as the Relics are so far said to be keeping a small but vital bit secret would be a REALLY good idea.

Like the relics cant all be used by one person they each have to be used by an individual person to prevent one person from just using them.

Something like that makes too much sense to me with something of that much power.

• MarkDoolan

MarkDoolan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33737993 - 6 days ago

I not read all 1484 pages … so what follows has very likely been posted already/elsewhere. What if the flash of light that moved away from Pyrrha Niko (and away from Cinder) was her Aura/Soul that moved across the sky to an Atlas ship that equipped with "Penny" Technology? And she returns in Season 6 as an android like Penny? Just a thought I wanted to share. 

• revanninja

#33737994 - 6 days ago

In reply to MarkDoolan

While the flash might be her soul it going into a Penny body like that is not likely since Penny seemed to be a HUGE state secret so I dont think there is just Penny tech equipped like that.

But who knows to be honest.

• MarkDoolan

MarkDoolan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33738000 - 6 days ago

Not much of a secret after Penny died in front of 1,000s and Pyrrha polarity powers may have her sensing something penny long before the death. But show creators know for sure.

• revanninja

#33738008 - 6 days ago

In reply to MarkDoolan

Yeah not a secret at that point but not before which is what would set that up. And as far as we know Pyrrha didnt show anything to indicate that.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33738049 - 6 days ago

In reply to MarkDoolan

The flash of light and the stream of 'ashes' is suspect, but I would expect that we would have had some setup to the fact that Atlas was experimenting in some prototype 'soul-catcher' along with an aura-transfer device. So narrative-wise, it doesn't make much sense to me.

Not to say that the circumstances of Pyrrha's death was super flexible and mysterious, of course. The flash, the sparkles... too poetic of a what was a soul-crushing loss in my opinion.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33738052 - 6 days ago

In reply to mach56gs

Seriously, if they wanted absolute, without-a-doubt proof that Pyrrha was deader than dead.....LEAVE THE BODY.

• revanninja

#33738053 - 6 days ago

In reply to mach56gs

Uhm they did set something up.

Recall the Aura machine? Well it was working as we saw but then it got stopped and it all went back into Amber when she died before transfering fully to cinder.

They didnt know the long term effects on her would be.

So its possible this DOES set something up by being so unknown.

It seems really strange to build it as they did but not do anything about it.

And yeah her death is odd since RWBY has shown us bodies before and after and dont seem to shy away from letting us know hey dead body here.

Add to it its a power Cinder hasnt shown before or after she just doesnt melt people like that and its a set of ODD circumstances that leave a lot of room to doubt.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33738054 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

As per the Aura machine-

The Aura machine does set things up, but not for Atlas to have one. As Ironwood said this machine was a prototype, and for them to just make a massive leap from transferring aura through a cable connection to capturing aura wirelessly.... Haha, I doubt it.

But - the fact that aura can be removed from a person opens a door. What exactly happens to an auraless person? It seems like Cinder's Grimm-Bug was sapping Aura as well - so what other things can Salem/Grimm do to/with Aura with magic that Ironwood/Atlas are trying to replicate via technology? With how behind the good guys are, if anyone was capable of 'wirelessly' capturing aura, it'd be Salem.

There are a hundred ways of making Pyrrha more deader than she currently is. A grave would be another thing, haha. Although, finding a way to insert that narrative-wise is a bit of a squeeze... (though it couldn't be that hard).

• revanninja

#33738055 - 6 days ago

In reply to mach56gs

As demonstrated by Penny Ironwood wasnt telling everything. Ozpin DIDNT know about her. So chances are high they may have more then we realize.

Also I wasnt really talking about it being tech but more an unintended side effect of the machine being stopped mid working and it doing WEIRD things to Pyrrha as a result.

Tearing the tethers keeping her Soul in her body so to speak.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33738056 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Chances are high, but narrative wise they were already having trouble with the aura-transfer device, so for Ironwood to be hiding such a game-changer would be one difficult twist to reason with. I'm sure Ironwood is hiding other things, but I don't think they're as elaborate as that.

• revanninja

#33738058 - 6 days ago

In reply to mach56gs

We dont know Ironwood did conceal the first ever android with Aura from Ozpin and the world. I know some people HC that Penny was a real girl transfered into a robot body but we have ZERO evidence of that.

So as far as we know Ironwood is keeping a LOT back and the others dont realize it, its afterall not the first time a headmaster has lied to Ozpin as exampled by Leo.

And we know Ironwood has some serious trust issues.

So there is a LOT of narrative room for them to work with by just following up with what they have showed us already.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33738062 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Yes, as I said, it's fair to believe Ironwood is hiding things, but we can count some things out. We haven't had anything give us insight into Atlas's capabilities other than the Paladin Mech, Penny, and the aura transfer device. We haven't had any hint that Ironwood has an "ace-in-the-hole" tech - In fact, it seemed that Penny was made to be that "ace", while the Paladin was a front.

So to just suddenly pull out a "wireless aura-capture" device out of the blue doesn't make sense, without proper buildup. How exactly would this be relevant in Ironwood's campaign against Salem? And if it was crucial, then why haven't we had any hint about it? 

The last thing I want is for some device to come along, unexpected and 'secret', and just drop Pyrrha in front of us. To me, that is what this 'aura-capture' device sounds like. I'd expect Salem to be the one to do such a thing, not Ironwood.

• revanninja

#33738066 - 6 days ago

In reply to mach56gs

We honestly cant say that Penny was the Ace in the hole. For all we know she was just the test and there is MORE based on her waiting in the wings. Speaking from an R and D perspective its not uncommon for more advanced untested tech to be waiting in the wings while tech is being presented and tested on.

Its actually pretty common in military that the stuff we see is not the cutting edge just the battlefield ready stuff.

So this may have just been Penny being Battle field tested hence why she keeps saying she is combat ready.

They have made it clear this tech is something they are researching on. Ironwood FLAT out says it. So its not surprising if they make more advances but havent shown them yet. Especially because Amber was a unique case the other tech may not have been secure enough for them to say YES this can handle it.

As for any hint about it before the Aura machine we had no hint that was even possible and that is intentional on Ironwood's part.

I seriously doubt they are going to do that. While I can see Ironwood having a LOT more tech then he lets on or tells ANYONE about I dont think that is where they are going with it.

Also as I said I dont think Wireless anything is in the works and its more because the Machine got interrupted creating a Unique situation with Pyrrha is going to be the real answer if they go that route.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33738370 - 2 days ago

Anybody herd from Jianju at all?

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33738377 - 2 days ago

She tends to post in the jokes topic.