Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (39345)

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33738062 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Yes, as I said, it's fair to believe Ironwood is hiding things, but we can count some things out. We haven't had anything give us insight into Atlas's capabilities other than the Paladin Mech, Penny, and the aura transfer device. We haven't had any hint that Ironwood has an "ace-in-the-hole" tech - In fact, it seemed that Penny was made to be that "ace", while the Paladin was a front.

So to just suddenly pull out a "wireless aura-capture" device out of the blue doesn't make sense, without proper buildup. How exactly would this be relevant in Ironwood's campaign against Salem? And if it was crucial, then why haven't we had any hint about it? 

The last thing I want is for some device to come along, unexpected and 'secret', and just drop Pyrrha in front of us. To me, that is what this 'aura-capture' device sounds like. I'd expect Salem to be the one to do such a thing, not Ironwood.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33738066 - 4 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

We honestly cant say that Penny was the Ace in the hole. For all we know she was just the test and there is MORE based on her waiting in the wings. Speaking from an R and D perspective its not uncommon for more advanced untested tech to be waiting in the wings while tech is being presented and tested on.

Its actually pretty common in military that the stuff we see is not the cutting edge just the battlefield ready stuff.

So this may have just been Penny being Battle field tested hence why she keeps saying she is combat ready.

They have made it clear this tech is something they are researching on. Ironwood FLAT out says it. So its not surprising if they make more advances but havent shown them yet. Especially because Amber was a unique case the other tech may not have been secure enough for them to say YES this can handle it.

As for any hint about it before the Aura machine we had no hint that was even possible and that is intentional on Ironwood's part.

I seriously doubt they are going to do that. While I can see Ironwood having a LOT more tech then he lets on or tells ANYONE about I dont think that is where they are going with it.

Also as I said I dont think Wireless anything is in the works and its more because the Machine got interrupted creating a Unique situation with Pyrrha is going to be the real answer if they go that route.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33738370 - 4 months ago

Anybody herd from Jianju at all?

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33738377 - 4 months ago

She tends to post in the jokes topic.

• Cranium0

Cranium0 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33738775 - 4 months ago

A thought occurred to me … very likely meaningless. But both Penny and Pyrrha Nikos both died. Nikos sounds vaguely close to Nickel … 6 cents for that odd thought [Penny + Nickel] … never mind LOL.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33738883 - 3 months ago

tumblr_pff96oP36m1ranlswo1_1280.jpg

By Dishwasher1910

Zoom shots

Man I hope they actually do something even a small bit like this.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33738885 - 3 months ago

After all of the silly ash jokes Dish delivers. Gosh darn is the art good!

I love how age shows on Pyrrha, and how she has an implant for her wound. Sad the tiara is gone but so it goes - I would definitely love any sort of an adult Pyrrha ;_;

• revanninja

#33738886 - 3 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Well you never know they have straight out said revival is possible and we currently have zero idea on how that looks or behaves.

So we might get her revived.

I personally thought it was just such a good design.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33738889 - 3 months ago

Anyone wonder how the Jaune confronting ozpin scene would play out in their opinion?

• acw28

acw28

#33738895 - 3 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

I think that opportunity has already passed by considering how long Oscar has been with the group and Jaune's shown zero effort to get him alone to talk to Ozpin.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33738896 - 3 months ago

In reply to acw28 i mean after meeting pyrrha's family.

• acw28

acw28

#33738903 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

You know that bit in her chest made me think of something but I couldn't quite place it, then I finally figured it it reminds me of the device used to brain wash Jill in Resident Evil 5. If RT does do something similar, maybe it's another method for "evil" Pyrrha.

• revanninja

#33738908 - 3 months ago

In reply to acw28

You know now that you mention it yeah it DOES look like that. Huh.

I think based on stuff whatever is going to happen will be more magical in nature but that is a cool concept to play on. Especially if its what is also keeping her alive. Then its like okay braincontrol device AND life support so we need to disconnect the mind control without disconnecting the life support.

And that is a GOOD way to create tension as then its not about okay its just as simple as pulling it out but also dealing with side effects and other like things.

Having just seen the Devil may Cry V dante video I am hoping Salem and her Grimm warriors use weapons like the Sparda

s.jpg

The one on the Right is Dante in clearly an Alt costume but on his shoulder is the Sparda sword which looks really organic and demonic in apperance. Something like that for Salem and her forces would be REALLY cool.

• acw28

acw28

#33738910 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

So maybe a Grimm with a bone growing out of it's arm that acts like a sword, or Salem gifting someone something like Soul Edge?

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33738911 - 3 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

That is, if we even see Pyrrha's family - not a given and I have my reservations for it, especially if serves no purpose other than trying to tug at people's heartstrings.

I do believe that Jaune will call Ozpin out, there has been so much expectation behind it I find it hard RT to not deliver.

• revanninja

#33738912 - 3 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

I dont think they will do that if they introduce her family which I think is likely because they were originally going to have a Voice over from Pyrrha's mom when she was gearing up to fight Cardin, and they have been giving hints of Limited Argus which has MANY ways that tie it to greek culture and specifically Achilles who Pyrrha is based on. 

I think if they introduce her family its to start setting up for a revival something we know for a FACT is a thing in RWBY now via Raven.

I think it will be the beginning of the setup for her revival.

In reply to acw28

No more like its a grimm designed to transform into a weapon. Much like from DMC4 the Gladius are Bird demons that transform into a broadsword like design to be used like a sword.

bfd815481d_91724370_o2.jpg

Gladius.gif

This is what I am thinking a grimm like the one from the glove designed specifically for a purpose.

• revanninja

#33738914 - 3 months ago

Hehe

Yang: No Ruby you cant keep the soulless people killing creature.

Ruby: But Yang! Stabbymcslicey can transform into a scythe, a SCYTHE Yang!

Yang: That is enti...Stabbymcslicey? Really Rubes?

Ruby: It stabs and it slices hence Stabbymcslicey.

Yang: No and we are never letting you name anything EVER. Rubes puppy eyes dont work....how is the grimm giving me puppy eyes?

Later after a Silver eyes episode.

Ruby: NO STABBYMCSLICEY!

Yang: and that is why you arent allowed to have a grimm cool scythe or no.

Ruby: You were too YOUNG!

jaune: are we having a funeral for a grimm?

• acw28

acw28

#33738920 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Now I want to see a fanfic of this, and an explanation of how Ruby can take Grimm that doesn't involve Silver Eyes.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33738934 - 3 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Considering that every point of Pyrrha has been "make the audience emote", even when she was a living character, odds are they didn't actually bother with the mother voice-over because it would have given Pyrrha a narrative function beyond audience emotion.

• revanninja

#33738991 - 3 months ago

tumblr_pfhaxn6D9S1ranlswo1_1280.jpg

Even though I know this isnt what is going on from Dishwasher this does look like the Arc family about to kick some serious butt.

Dishwasher1910

• acw28

acw28

#33739001 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Jaune, his resurrected wife, and bad ass little sister...now I want to see a story about this!

• revanninja

#33739002 - 3 months ago

In reply to acw28

I could EASILY see that.

• acw28

acw28

#33739003 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

...why must you post things that give me ideas when I have work to do?

On a semi-RWBY related note, I just noticed on their tumblr Dishwasher1910 lists themselves as "Illustrator - Concept Artist at RoosterTeeth", I mean I know they did a lot of the early concept art and the first poster for Gen:Lock, but does that mean they now work with RT on a more regular bases instead of being freelance? I mean if the answer is yes then I'm all for it, more awesome artwork to show off during conventions and to inspire more fans.

• revanninja

#33739005 - 3 months ago

In reply to acw28

Because I am evil?

As for Dishwasher I think they are more firmly attached now to RT.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33739011 - 3 months ago

In reply to acw28

Dishwasher does have a story for these images. Hes got stories written down on FF about it.