Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (39318)

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33744137 - 2 months ago

The fact that Salem used to be human makes me hope for a Grimm Pyrrha reveal. That way we'd be getting closer.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33744149 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Not to be that person, but please use spoiler-tags. The episode isn't available for everyone yet. I read the spoilers but other people haven't.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33744156 - 2 months ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94 He just did genius. -_-

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33744157 - 2 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe Actually, I forgot to do it at first. But I fixed it.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33744158 - 2 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Hey he did that AFTER emerald asked him to do so

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33744159 - 2 months ago

So after checking it out in the RWBY eclipse game Pyrrha's Pajama outfit would have been the only time we saw her without her circlet.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33744168 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja Oh i didn't know my bad.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33744272 - 2 months ago

So I've been reading spoilers everywhere (because I have no self-control) and a thought occurred to me. Salem was cursed because she tried to bring Ozpin/Ozma back from the dead, which led to every tragedy that followed (including the extinction of the entire freaking human race apparently?!?!) . There is also a "balance of life and death" or something. So that might mean Ozpin may be SUPER against bringing Pyrrha back from the dead, and that if she is somehow brought back, there will be HUGE consequences (Like maybe the Gods themselves would kill her if they came back to Remnant and saw she'd been resurrected). That kinda worries me. I won't say it makes the "Pyrrha will return" theory take a hit but her resurrection might have even more consequences than we thought. I like that there may be more drama from the consequences but I'm also worried she may be resurrected and killed/have to sacrifice herself to "restore balance".

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33744273 - 2 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

It's okay.  simple_smile

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33744275 - 2 months ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94

Could be something else as well such as someone offering there life in place of Pyrrha's. This might be more acceptable in the eye of the gods where their wish to bring someone back is more selfless and maintains a balance while Salem's attempt could more arguably be seen as a more selfish motivation. 

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33744278 - 2 months ago

In reply to JROY

True. Regardless, this probably means the Relics can't bring people back (unless there's an equivalent exchange thing like you mentioned). I just don't see the Gods leaving humanity with something that can resurrect people if they have such an issue with it. I really need to see the episode for context because I repeat again,  they killed the entire human race?!

Also, this captcha thing is annoying af. I know why it's needed but its still annoying.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33744279 - 2 months ago

also the balance doesn't seem that important considering the events.

Large scale yes an issue short scale not so much

From my phone 

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33744280 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

the balance is bullshit because obviously the gods have a fucking thumb on one side of the scale or the other depending on what they want.

• JROY

#33744281 - 2 months ago

If anything it'd probably be the relic of creation. And seeing as the Relics are meant to reflect the powers I think its possible. Like I mentioned before Miles or Kerry mentioned that Pyrrha's mom would have an important role in the story I wonder if maybe it might be her giving her life for her daughter.

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33744282 - 2 months ago

In reply to JROY

That would make sense. More than likely it would play out with Jaune being the first in line to offer his life but my bet would then be the mother steps instead cause Pyrrha wouldn't be happy without Jaune.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33744283 - 2 months ago

In reply to JROY

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But again, if balance is a thing I don't think they would give humanity the "gift" of resurrection unless (like you said) its a life for a life.

In reply to revanninja

In reply to novusdawn

That's the thing I'm kinda worried about, plot-wise. Salem tried to resurrect Ozpin and is severely punished by the Gods. So if the heroes try to resurrect Pyrrha and the Gods are like "okay, sure, why not? We cool." it'll feel... convenient. (I'm forgetting the right word again). Unless the Gods think its fine after humanity proves itself or something, I guess? Then I'd be more okay with it. The thing is, if there's to be a balance, brushing it off as bs (aka not really mattering) and having (possibly jerk-y) Gods picking and choosing who gets punished and who doesn't is too convenient  (still the wrong word...) from a narrative perspective. It's like "the heroes aren't punished because they're the heroes so the rules are broken for them". I'd rather there be consequences every time.

• novusdawn

#33744288 - 2 months ago

Wait someone having to sacrifice their life to bring someone back isn't a consequence? I would agree with you if they dragged a convict on death row from his cell and used him to get Pyrrha back but if a person selflessly gives their life for another I don't see it being too much of problem. The noble sacrifice is a staple in stories and they already tried it with Pyrrha's death which was a HORRIBLE way to use it as her 'noble' sacrifice was just her getting fridged to give Ruby silver eye powers. This use would be much more acceptable in terms of plot.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33744289 - 2 months ago

In reply to JROY

The Relics are meant to embody the traits the gods gave to man, and the ability to bring back the dead clearly wasn't one of them. Plus, since the creator of the Relics was very opposed to resurrecting people it's hard to imagine he would then create a Relic that could be used to resurrect people.

Edit: sorry I forgot the spoiler tag

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33744290 - 2 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

Where did I say a sacrifice wasn't a consequence? I agreed it was a good idea to use life for a life as a consequence if the Relic of Creation can bring people back.

• novusdawn

#33744291 - 2 months ago

Oh, my bad. I read your post below the last one and though it was aimed towards that.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33744292 - 2 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

It's fine. No biggie.  simple_smile

• novusdawn

#33744295 - 2 months ago

Actually I do agree with you on that, the scales are obviously going to be biased towards the 'good' guys since their 'sacrifice' was noble so they get a free pass. I would like it if they went the Jack Sparrow route and offered another person for Pyrrha's and get the 'one soul is not equal to another' and then start haggling over price. I just want to see the gods get have their 'rules' backfire on them and their creations get one over on them. 

• revanninja

#33744296 - 2 months ago

something to think about the gods might have learned something from all this.

So they might forgive it

From my phone 

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33744297 - 2 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

Based on what I read, the Gods are not super omnipotent beings of infallible-ness (Salem tricked them?) so the heroes might actually be able to do that. Though then the Gods might get mad and curse them. Oh shoot, imagine if Pyrrha (resurrected) and Jaune (immortalized) became the next Ozpin and Salem... Someone write that fanfic!

• JROY

#33744300 - 2 months ago

Depends what the relic of Creations limitations are like how the relic of Knowledge does. Maybe the whole test of the gods is also how humanity utilizes these relics as well.