Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (39744)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33745120 - 4 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Pretty much the thought process of anyone not trying to make it impossible for Pyrrha to come back.

The literal terms of her immortality is she cant die until the day the planet stops turning.

She puts a knife in herself and when she pulls it out nothing.

The biggest damage we see from her is when Ozpin blew up their castle and she just reforms with in moments.

To me that isnt coming back from the dead at all.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33745146 - 4 months ago

An idea for a death battle. Glynda Goodwitch from RWBY vs Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33745147 - 4 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Probably not enough stats on Glynda for them to work with. We see her fight maybe three times, and only briefly in each instance.

• acw28

acw28

#33745148 - 4 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Find the thread for the show and post it there. If you do find it, mind sending me the link? I want to see a John Wick and Deadshot match.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33745157 - 4 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues What about adam jensen from deus ex vs major makoto kusanagi from ghost in the shell?

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33745161 - 4 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues Let's not forget about Genkai's Spirit Wave. And her Spirit Reflection Blast.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33745162 - 4 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe Or Mercury Black vs Kuwabara?

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33745163 - 4 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi How about Emerald sustrai vs Kurenai yuuhi from naruto?

• acw28

acw28

#33745167 - 4 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

I'm fairly certain Kurenai would win.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33745225 - 4 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi Logic? We don’t need no stinking Logic.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33745227 - 4 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues but we see her ESP at work many times, like in the food fight, fixing the town, and at the fall of beacon

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33745433 - 4 months ago

I feel like Cinder might have a way to get to Jaune because of his anger. I mean like taunt him and stuff like that.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33745685 - 3 months ago

So Miles and Jen did a Duet of you are my sunshine in Jaune and Pyrrha's voices.

LINK

Reddit user RakielKanan got this as his personal pateron reward from Jen Brown and released it publicly for thanskgiving.

• acw28

acw28

#33745689 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Now see, it's things like this that make me question why RT keeps a dead character relevant. Yes I understand this was for a patreon reward someone requested, but still Jen could have just done a solo of the song, but Miles, someone central to the development and continued existence of the series, coordinated with her to make it happen. As I said when RT released new shirts and "The Great One", it just seems that they want to keep Pyrrha in our recent memory for some reason.

• revanninja

#33745691 - 3 months ago

In reply to acw28

I can see that with the great one and the pumpkin pete stuff but this is a patreon and a private one at that. The guy didnt have to release it. Miles seems to like this sort of stuff so I am not surprised he worked with Jen on it.

But it is odd she clearly keeps in practice as she was able to sing in Pyrrha's voice which is VERY hard to do.

So this particular piece no but the others and the fact Jen is allowed to do this and even seems to encourage it seems odd to me.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33745694 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to acw28

I think in this case it doesn't really mean that much it seeing it was more a request from a fan.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33745698 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Thanks for the link!

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33745705 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja I hope that means that they intend to keep that pair going and bring her back.

• revanninja

#33745707 - 3 months ago

In reply to arklaynorth

Because she isnt using the character voice that much? Its not that complex Arklay

• revanninja

#33745709 - 3 months ago

In reply to arklaynorth

I am not and in the future dont assume.

Chibi is actually slightly different and they have gone on record as saying that. For example Chibi Ruby plays up the squeakness more.

That would cause voice drift changing how the character sounds. Because its not just how a character sounds its also how they say things as well what pauses and weight they give to it.

As I said its not that complex she is keeping in practice with normal Pyrrha voice.

• revanninja

#33745711 - 3 months ago

In reply to arklaynorth

Voice acting takes a lot more effort then people realize for example Lindsay Jones the VA of Ruby has said she takes a good hour of listening to tapes to get into the mindset of Ruby. I dont recall what the tapes were to be honest as this was back in vol 2 I think it was.

And Lindsay has also said she is unhappy with her work on vol 1 and would love a chance to redo it if the chance ever came forward. 

I know for a fact Jaune and chibi jaune are voiced different I think Miles said he does more of a metro male tone for chibi jaune if I recall right something along that line. 

I dont think Pyrrha coming back would be a major mistake. But as you said it is their show. I have seen it work well and I have seen it not work well at all it varies so much calling it until we see it is almost impossible.

• revanninja

#33745713 - 3 months ago

In reply to arklaynorth

And I didnt say you said pyrrha coming back was impossible.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33745715 - 3 months ago

At this point, I think of it this way: Pyrrha's death was done for nothing more than fan-service reasons, so bringing her back, even for fan-service (the least favorable reason to bring her back), is still evening things out.

Well that, and I do want to collect the salty tears of the "dead is dead" edgelord crowd.  I have much popcorn to season, and nothing makes it taste better than the salt of the emotionally anguished.

The fun part of my support for Pyrrha's revival is that other than seeing the edgelords cry and howl impotently about it if it happens (and that really is a more recent addition), I have no other subjective stake in it.  She could have been my most hated character, and everything I've said about the writing would have been the same.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33745716 - 3 months ago

In reply to arklaynorth

If Pyrrha coming back is bad or not depends entirely on the execution.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33745717 - 3 months ago

In reply to Jianju

The problem is that there's a lot of people in the modern audience, not just RWBY's, that don't care about the execution.  They peddle this mindset that resurrection in fiction shouldn't be a thing and is inherently bad because it's not realistic.

It's just another aspect of the mindset that the audience perspective matters more than the perspective of the characters within the setting (and they are VERY wrong on that).