Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (39478)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33748616 - 1 month ago

In reply to WrightKnight

The issue with that is Voltron and Dreamworks just went through the same thing and they arent hurt despite people acting like they can take down Dreamworks.

And one of the VAs was on and off being the darling of the Klance crowd and that STILL came to nothing.

Same goes for RT.

Barb admitting she likes BB is nowhere as damaging as you make it out to be not even close.

Sure there is some damage but that damage is already being done and most people have already realized its people being stupid.

A good example is the Anti-Jaune crowd who have been calling all sorts of things at RT and Miles specifically for YEARS. And their actions are worth nothing.

Same will go for the BB crowd yes they will throw a fit but it wont really hurt RT at all and people will quickly wise up that its people being Salty over their ship not being true.

Its really not the first time this has happened not even close.

So no I dont think its as damaging as you think as the anime industry has been facing this for almost 20 years now. Back in 1996 or so the writer of Eva was getting Death threats and other stuff for how he was writing the show. Now that one did have an effect because the guy had depression but the anime industry as a whole has wised up.

So no I seriously dont think BB fans getting riled up will be as big an issue as you think. Especially because not all the fans will react like that. Sure you will get the die hard how DARE they not make BB canon crowd but they will be the minority and the rest will be just like okay cool I can still write fanfictions and so on anyways you know like the rest of the anime community does.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33748624 - 1 month ago

In reply to WrightKnight

They'll be able to roast hot dogs and marshmallows every day for a few weeks as they burn all the hate mail they get, then go on with their lives? I really think you're overestimating how many people will actually care about whatever noise the bruised egos who think every same-sex pair with some chemistry must be shipped will make. I suspect the biggest damage will just be to some of the more open social media sites as they'll be inundated with people either whining that their ship sank or people telling the first group to shut up and let everyone get on with their lives.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33748628 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

The social justice movement was not in full swing 20 years ago, so those idiots that were harassing Anno never gained much ground other than outing themselves as the crazies.  And yes, it had an effect on Anno himself because of those depression issues.

That being said, the social justice movement is getting more powerful here as more and more people become "woke", and other such terms, and they have rallied against those who they've perceived as wronging them in the past.  In the end, it's probably going to be somewhere in the middle: not as damaging as I think it's going to be....but not as harmless as you think it's going to be.  Again, I will point to the backlash surrounding the bmblb song as evidence of what that's going to look like, but on a more massive scale.  And that was just for confirming that the song WASN'T about Blake/Yang.  Now imagine what the reaction's going to be if canon goes the route of not making Blake/Yang romantic.  How are those same fans going to take it?  This is a different matter than Miles getting hate mail about Jaune.  Jaune isn't RWBY's hot button for the LBGT and SJW crowds.  Blake/Yang are.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33748630 - 1 month ago

In reply to WrightKnight

We have already seen the backlash in plenty of other areas.

The bmblb song for example outside of a small group was general not a big thing.

And no this is EXACTLY like Jaune hate. Everything that went on when voltrons fandom didn't get their ship? Already saw it with Jaune hate.

And that prime example shows that people are well aware to take this with a Mountain of salt.

As for Eva if that was the only case of crazy the anime industry experienced you would be right but it's not. Not by a long shot.

So no I think this will be as I said a few groups making a lot of noise while the rest of the fandom and the world rolls their eyes and moves on.

From my phone 

• Alley-Cat

Alley-Cat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748648 - 1 month ago

I should note, I have been waiting for Winds of Winter for almost 8 years now. Its not time that made me bail, its lack of motivation for the authors to prove their points. Revan pointed out items I missed, and I did miss them, but while the authors explored the concept they have not explored the actual action. Narratively speaking, if it was happening this volume, we would know by now. This things are built up and slowly hinted out over a entire volume. This isn't something minor, you can't just cut this and move it a volume. So for three volumes now you get in at the beginning and look for all the details and 4 really gave some details, less in five, none in six (so far.) Unless the twist or what ever they are doing foreshadows it happening in Seven, I think everybody should just admit its likely not happening. Speaking as a Narrative, keeping your character dead for 4 "seasons" worth of content, 4 years in real time, is not a productive line to follow. 

I have nothing against the theory, but I enjoy the show without it, and I think its clear that Roosterteeth does not have it in the cards.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33748650 - 1 month ago

In reply to Alley-Cat

There is some truth to what you say, but to defend the concept of resurrection:

Narrative-wise, the last 3 years have barely even touched anything regarding to JNPR as a whole - it's less that the writers do not intend to bring her back and more they are narratively hindered from being able to advance that JNPR plot-line. (Theoretically speaking, of course).

After all, they had to spend 2 volumes putting RWBY back together and find a way to temporarily fend off the villains (new and old) while advancing the over-arching 'save-the-world' plot that includes STRQ/relics/maidens. Complain and hate on V4-5 if you like but that's a tall order for writers and you have to cut things for coherency, even possible hints at resurrection: it's not like Raven's words in V5 can be so easily forgotten.

Edit:

Also "putting RWBY back together" also includes the WF plot and menagerie and everything that comes with it. These volumes were dense with plot, even if there were flaws.

• revanninja

#33748651 - 1 month ago

In reply to Alley-Cat

Sorry but that isnt true at all.

There has been many things hinted over the past 3 volumes that with a single pull can work together without a build up in this volume.

For example in vol 4 we had the dreams, vol 5 Raven saying she has seen people who can come back from the dead, and vol 6 we have straight out and out revival.

These are SIMPLE strings for writers to pull on with almost zero effort.

This is actually common in shows where they use past volumes and seasons to with a slight twist pull something out.

They dont need to build it up in a single season if all the little hints they have been putting in are actually meant for one single thing.

Also it ignores a stinger with the understanding they are going to explore it next volume.

Zombieland saga for example does this with the girls preforming and people they knew when they were alive such as Ai's old Idol group watching. Which more then implies the secret that they are zombies is in danger next volume.

Another example is Voltron which through out all of its seasons has little things that become larger for example Keith and his knife which was shown back in vol 1 and Shiro and his arm.

Another example from RWBY is the Silver Eye line from ozpin is the single mention till they pull it in vol 3 or how about the Grimm arm which people were wondering if that was possible back in vol 3 and we didnt see a grimm body part replacement until vol 5.

Another good example is from FGO which the main villain is Solomon and that is revealed in London chapter aka the 5th one and its explored that Roman might be connected to him in the 7th chapter Camelot its not until the 9th chapter Solomon's temple the REAL truth of what is going is revealed in full. 

Many MANY shows do this with a small thing here in one volume or chapter another here at a later and then its all pulled together to form a long line of already built upon concepts.

Its a mark of a good writer and we have already begun to see some of that take place with Ozpin Salem and their history.

So no we wouldnt know by now nor admit to anything considering everything makes it more likely things are going on.

And speaking as a narrative that actually CAN be a productive line to follow if the point is to contrast as well as break down things. Pyrrha was the best as far as the school and fans are concerned she lost and badly. Everyone has gotten stronger and better with Pyrrha coming back especially if they use her as an enemy like some thing they will she would be a good compare to how they used to stand as well as give a more deeper connection to JNPR in the series they lack.

So no no one has to admit anything and its been long clear Roosterteeth is keeping their cards close to their chest and have been doing that since day one.

• revanninja

#33748652 - 1 month ago

In reply to mach56gs

And we know from the writers themselves that yes they were having issues and over stepped what they could do and underestimated the challenge of what they had to write.

So its not like its been smooth sailing for them. Vol 1 RWBY is VERY different from vol 6 RWBY and they had to go through a LOT of growing pains to get there.

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33748653 - 1 month ago

In reply to mach56gs

Yeah It would be cool if she had some armor or something to cover her looks to make it a suprise but I was always more fan of corruped Pyrrha in more Cinder Like way than Salem. 

Somehow it makes the fact of what would've been done to her much worse as if tainting her but letting  parts of her look human to let her friends see what they lost, possibly play with their emotions. 

that one is also nice and you might like it 

rwby_ua__manticore_by_luckyfirerabbit_da

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33748654 - 1 month ago

In reply to CarryOn88

I just like the heavy armor because it acts as a guise, so that people don't immediately see it as Pyrrha from the start and treat it as some new strain of Grimm. She could look like anything behind the armor, but it would be cool if her identity was hidden from us for a while and something that is speculated.

I would even prefer her to be one of various "armored Grimm" variants that are sent to fight RWBY and Co, just to mask her identity even further save for small hints that there is something special about this specific creature.

• revanninja

#33748655 - 1 month ago

In reply to mach56gs

Iron_Knuckle_Artwork_%28Ocarina_of_Time%

We saw this work before in Zelda OoT when Nabooru was kidnapped in Child Link's time and then was the Mini-boss fight in Adult Link's time and no one was aware until the armor came off because we had no reason to suspect it.

And there is a lot of ways to play with this such as Salem trying to figure out how to make Aura and Grimm work together which Raven points out is a weakness of Cinder's arm.

We can also have it work towards Salem trying to remake Humans into her own image which she more or less stated was her goal in the Jinn flashback.

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33748656 - 1 month ago

In reply to mach56gs

I hear ya, tha would be preferable to not instantly give away her true identity.  Yes heavy armor works the best here since it would hide her gender too which would make it even more difficult to recognize her. But it would be best if she did not come alone and was a part of let's say some Armored human like Grimm squad and did not use spear or anything that would give her away.

In reply to revanninja

yeah they might use that concept it would work well. But they should not drop any hints at all to make it even more suprising 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748657 - 1 month ago

641.png

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33748660 - 1 month ago

Merry Christmas

• SummerRose874

SummerRose874

#33748666 - 1 month ago

I think the reason why Pyrrha died was to signal Monty Oum's death which occurred during the productions of volume 3. A hero has fallen, Pyrrha Nikos was very popular among fans, and Monty Oum, the one who created a very popular and successful anime series that even made it to Japan, died, tragically from an allergic reaction. Pyrrha resembled Monty Oum in her kindness and caring self which was the way Monty was seen by his colleagues around him. I assume. In the volume 4 soundtrack: Let's just live; towards the end of the song, expresses their gloom then realizing that the fallen friends would want to them to keep on moving on and be happy.

"When it feels like there's nothing worth living for

Everything is broken

The light's not there anymore  

And the story takes an unexpected turn

A friend is suddenly gone

We can cry our lives away

But if they were here they'd say

Move forward, You must keep moving on

[Touching music]

Let's Just Live!

Just one day

Let's forget about our problems

Let's fall in love with life

And just be free

The sun will never fade

The night won't steal our day

Let's dance and laugh and love so

Let's Just Live!"

• revanninja

#33748667 - 1 month ago

In reply to SummerRose874

We know that isn't true Monty was planning this before vol 1.

It's one of the reasons we think.something is up. Monty mocked out the scene with pictures and everything before he even knew where it was or why it was happening according to the photographer.

The death was planned well before vol 3 yet the payout of it doesn't make any sense.

Something isn't right.

From my phone 

• SummerRose874

SummerRose874

#33748668 - 1 month ago

Oh. My bad. It was just a theory I possessed.

• revanninja

#33748670 - 1 month ago

It's fine.

From my phone 

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33748671 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Not to mention that such a reason to kill off a character would further marginalize the character as an individual than she already has been.  As if the Achilles Defense wasn't bad enough....

Besides, if they were going to do something like that, they'd kill REN.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33748673 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja Which is why I'm praying for her departure to not be permanent.

• SummerRose874

SummerRose874

#33748676 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Monty died February 1, 2015. The same year volume 3 was released but I don’t know when the production actually occurred. I know that the song “Cold” was for Monty’s passing and possibly Jaune’s eulogy for Pyrrha’s death which lead me to this thought of theory.

• revanninja

#33748677 - 1 month ago

I couldnt tell you the exact dates but I can tell you production was already underway as several bits of the Pyrrha vs Cinder fight were animated by Monty.

Not all of it but some of it from my understanding.

And from my understanding Production starts almost right away after a season airs. Miles and Kerry and even Jen have been VERY upfront that Pyrrha was planned and known about for awhile. 

Also killing a character especially one like Pyrrha to mark as a death of a creator seems really odd to me.

First it heavily changes things which we know several things have been planned out well in advance for example the Gods were Miles's first big thing he gave to the show he had a dream which he only partially remembered which between him Kerry and Monty they hammered out into the 2 gods.

So altering the story for a character to die with as much planning as they have is extremely unlikely.

Second as Wright pointed out and I did think of but held off on is Monty voiced Ren a role his brother has since taken over to keep the voice somewhat the same. So it makes more sense for Ren to take that place for a variety of reasons.

Third I dont think anyone on CRWBY would want to observe Monty's passing by a character dying too close to home would be my guess.

So in all likely hood based on the many things we know as well as what CRWBY has said Pyrrha was planned well before vol 3 and Monty's passing.

Now its for argument if they plan to bring her back or not I personally think they are and its just not going as smoothly as people think due to a lot of growing pains and issues with the split RWBY so its taken longer then they thought it should.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33748678 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja I just hope it doesn't take any longer.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33748687 - 1 month ago

In reply to NickPotterfi Agreed.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748700 - 1 month ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

In my opinion Vacuo II (volume 9) the earliest.

Because I believe the whiteout will be revealed only in "endgame".