Posts (39278)

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33750028 - 5 days ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe there should be

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33750030 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja summer was (arguably) shown on screen for a second in the red trailer

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33750032 - 4 days ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal Little late for the party don't ya think?

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33750035 - 4 days ago

If this woman is not Pyrrha, then I hope she does not take her place.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33750036 - 4 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Confirming that she has a name isn't as big a deal as you think. I do full character bios including names for people who won't even appear in the story I'm writing, just so that I know how they will have influenced the other characters in the past. That she has a name isn't indicative of having a bigger part to play, it's basically automatic for bit characters who are nonetheless important to another character.

The other bit people who have names were introduced as family members, or were playing family roles to the people in their family. It was obvious without their being named who they were and what their relationship was, so naming them in the credits was basically a formality. RHW is not in that situation, because she appeared without introduction and left mysteriously. Everybody knows that Li and An are Lie Ren's parents from context - nobody knows who RHW is.

It's also possible that the scene is important to Kerry not because we'll see her again, but because Jaune will reference it in the future. i.e. someone asks why his perspective changed, and he says something like "I saw [whoever] at the statue. She comforted me." We're all kind of assuming that she's a Nykos, but if the credits list her as such, and she's never going to be on screen again, then people are going to feel betrayed because with her being a Nykos, they will expect her to appear again.

Further, even though we assume she's a Nykos, others may not. They may just see her as some random person who liked Pyrrha. Remember, things that are obvious to some are not necessarily obvious to others. For those people, seeing a Nykos listed in the credits would be confusing, because they were never introduced to anyone in her family during the episode - but they remember there being a red haired woman at the statue.

I'm not saying that her going unnamed in the credits means we're not going to see her again. I'm saying that if we're not going to see her again, then since her relationship to the main characters is vague, it makes more sense to leave her unnamed than it does to name her. At least until her name is revealed in the show. It wouldn't surprise me to see her name dropped before the Volume's over and then the Volume's collective credits list her by her name because at that point we know already. In fact that's what I expect.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33750043 - 4 days ago

In reply to DiMono

Yes and that is YOUR writing.

A different Author doing a different thing working on a DIFFERENT work.

You are not CRWBY which so far as we have been shown dont do that.

You have your writing style which is great and all but so far over 6 volumes we have seen RWBY not do this at all.

And that is the thing when I or others refer to another series or works we arent doing it with stuff that has been clearly not how they have been going since vol 1. 

So far CRWBY has when it comes to ALL family memebers given them names.

So yes her name being hidden does actually confirm her as a big deal because its something CRWBY hasnt done before.

There is a pattern here RHW goes against.

No it actually wasnt obvious who they were. Whitely for example no one knew about it had been 3 volumes and no mention so him coming on screen and if they never introduced him would be EXACTLY like RHW. 

And the fact nobody knows who RHW is, is actually 100% the Point we are making Dimono because it doesnt match up with how they have treated everyone else so far.

No see that argument doesnt work. If Jaune is going to reference her again like that you dont need to give it THAT much detail. Which its made clear Kerry had a specific everything for this scene. A good example is Jaune mentioning Pyrrha said he had a lot of Aura back in vol 1 during the finale of vol 5. He references but all the details of vol 1 involved are left out. If she was such a simple reference like you are trying to argue the level of detail we KNOW Kerry put into it makes no sense.

The only reason WHY you put as much Detail as Kerry is said to have put into it is if that scene is a LOT more important then we realize at first glance.

As for the argument of Nikos yes people would but people already do expect RHW back unless they make it super clear we arent going to see her again then of course people would expect her back. That is kind of normal people expect Ilia Sun Ghira Kali and many more back at some point. So that is normal for ANY show story or what have you.

So her being listed as a Nikos isnt anything special. No seriously its not Maria was introduced in the credits first before she introduced herself. So its honestly not a big deal at all. If they listed her as Mama Nikos or something along that line and people saw it they would go OOOOOOHHHH and then rewatch the scene with that in mind and there wouldnt be a big deal over it because it has happened before.

With all we know about RHW as well as how RWBY likes to handle this no it really doesnt make sense. It actually goes against how they have presented themselves so far in 5 volumes of work.

And yes I fully expect we are going to find out her name at the end of the Volume because it is VERY clear they are up to something with her.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33750044 - 4 days ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal

Huh that is weird I thought I posted this?

Anyway yes that is why I said it can be argued since we only see her for that short bit.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33750045 - 4 days ago

In reply to revanninja

I hope you're correct that we get her name by the end of the volume. This is a mystery I want solved asap so we can move on because I feel like right now we're rowing in circles and going back to the same points and arguments over and over and over. I also feel the identity answer will bring more "interesting"(?) questions and theories than wondering about her identity. Interesting might not be the right word. Ummm.... More intriguing questions? No, that's not it. Expansive questions? That doesn't sound right. Ugh...  I don't know the word I want. Shoot. Here I go again not knowing the word I want...

I think knowing her identity will give us more varieties of theory-fodder and more plot possibilities to speculate about. That's what I mean to say. Kinda.

• revanninja

#33750048 - 4 days ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94

I get the gist of what you are saying and I agree.

I feel with how odd the whole thing is and how a LOT of the fanbase is reacting to her that RT wanted this. They are basically putting the Fox in with the Hens get us riled up and THINKING before the finale.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33750049 - 4 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Yeah, they're probably giggling in the background at all the chaos and wrong theories, haha. I'm glad they debunked the ghost theory since that narrows down the possibilities slightly.

Honestly, as long as the RHW isn't a replacement for Pyrrha, I'll be fine with pretty much any of the theories I've seen being true. (RWBY has many cliches, but the "replacement family member" is one I do not want in the show.) I'm fine with reincarnated Pyrrha, RHW being another Nikos, etc. Though I'm a bit iffy on the Pyrrha-clone theory because they could get away with "It's totes Pyrrha but it isn't actually Pyrrha it's a clone" which could be considered a replacement for Pyrrha. Unless their Auras (souls) are the same, the clone would be a different person. Like if "Pyrrha" had a water Semblance I'd be upset because it isn't her.

Edit: Still hate captcha.

• revanninja

#33750050 - 4 days ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94

Yeah the clone theory was just me being off the wall so far we dont know of any cloning in the Series. Doesnt mean they dont have it since they have blindsided us before just that they so far havent shown it.

But as me and Wright were talking about Clone is a tight rope they need to walk on and have to be careful about.

There is honestly a LOT of opitions to be had here.

As for CRWBY yeah they probably are but that is half the fun of spoilers knowing what they are and seeing people get them SO WRONG.

A friend of mine is working on an AU and he is using canon characters just in a VERY different way while the original MCs are shuffled around into support characters. The Main character who you basically are is a giant unknown and the amount of GLEE you can hear when he teases us about him is a wonder to behold.

So yeah CRWBY is enjoying themselves over this.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33750054 - 4 days ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to WrightKnight

We can't rule out the cloning theory, but as Wright said, it's difficult to pull flawlessly. I'm not a fan of it, because, much like time travel, personally I feel it creates more problems than it solves. 

In reply to DiMono

I didn't get a cousin vibe from her. Probably there's a closer relationship between them. Mother-daughter or sisters would make more sense to me.

Another thing: Just for a bit of shit, giggles and headaches: we don't even know if she's related to P-money at all, right? Jen's tweet only said she's not possessed by her, nor she's a ghost. So, the RHW could be anyone. I'm saying this, because the scene when someone talks about a statue i kinda common (not sure if it's a trope). And usually, the person has deep knowledge of the one the statue represents, even if they're not related. 

I'm just throwing ideas to the wall here.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33750056 - 4 days ago

In reply to DiMono

No, it doesn't make more sense to leave her unnamed. It's a tool for mystery and for bittersweet endings, sure, but RT has not been shy to give various characters names even though they have played much smaller roles than the RHW. By the precedence that RT set up in naming characters, it's weird. 

Edit: To clarify, "weird" does not =  "bad". 

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33750073 - 4 days ago

I the RHW isn't Pyrrha, hopefully she can help bring her back.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33750080 - 4 days ago

Well, whoever the lady it looks like we're going to find out soon.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33750081 - 4 days ago

In reply to JROY I just hope it's something worth sticking around for. Because I've just been getting hurt so far.

• revanninja

#33750086 - 4 days ago

In reply to JROY

Huh interesting she says she was too vague and it's not her back on rwby and she is gone. But then goes on to say we will dig it she does.

But the way she says that it feels like she is covering her butt and she may have accidentally given herself away considering how she clearly says we are going to like it.

Next week huh? That will be interesting.

From my phone 

Edit

Yeah that looks like a cover there are so many PYRRHA? Messages in there so it looks like that is backpedaling

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33750088 - 4 days ago

In reply to mach56gs

Or maybe that they're breaking pattern because they're finally admitting that Pyrrha, and by extension anyone associated solely with her, is unimportant.  Hence the lack of a name.

I mean, the whole clone idea opens up some possibilities, is within the tech level for RWBY that it doesn't break the suspension of disbelief....but let's be honest.  The Red-Haired Woman was, like everything else Pyrrha-"related" since season 4 started, a cheap shot to the "feels", ones they didn't earn.  All Twitter posts like this do is pretend that it's not.

I mean, I could be wrong, but I'm likely not.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33750090 - 4 days ago

In reply to WrightKnight

In reply to revanninja  So I'm trying to understand all of this. Does this mean we are closer to having Pyrrha back?

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33750091 - 4 days ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

In reply to revanninja

Uh I take a little of that back, Jen Brown Added to the previous tweets.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33750092 - 4 days ago

In reply to JROY

This should be criminal! My heart cannot take this sorta abuse... jaune

Though, to be fair, none of this logically pointed towards anything RWBY, let alone Pyrrha. Just goes to show how many people are still invested and crossing their fingers for Pyrrha by forcing them to clarify the tweet.

Oh well.

And the suffering continues!

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33750093 - 4 days ago

In reply to JROY

We are already aware, and like the intelligent people that we are, taking it with healthy skepticism.  Talk is cheap, especially when it comes from those involved in production in any way, as Jen is.

• revanninja

#33750094 - 4 days ago

In reply to mach56gs

In reply to JROY

In reply to WrightKnight

In reply to NickPotterfi

While jen did say that the thing to keep in mind is that is after what looks like hundreds of omg pyrrha? Messages.

This is like with Jon snow back when they were is he alive or not. If the actor let something slip by accident you bet there would be back pedaling which this is what this looks like.

Jen may have accidentally slipped too much info and is now doing damage control to prevent major issues.

From my phone 

Edit 

Especially as someone.pointed out first she says rwby fans then it's not her back on rwby if it's not her then why would she tease it let alone know it especially considering other vas haven't known what is going when they don't va for a scene

Yeah back pedaling

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33750095 - 4 days ago

In reply to revanninja I really don't want her to be gone. I don't want to believe that they confirmed it. Please tell me that Jen Brown isn't telling the truth. I was hoping that her tweet would be a reason for me to continue to stay strong.

• acw28

acw28

#33750096 - 4 days ago

In reply to revanninja

So...new Pyrrha merch then? Is The Great One Returning to the RT Store?