Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40187)

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33751098 - 5 months ago

Next week is the finale of this season. Please give us something leading to bringing her back. Please. Please. PLEASE!

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33751109 - 5 months ago

What i can't stand is that ozpin is able to get away with what happened to pyrrha and no one holds him accountable for it, it's just so frustrating that he just locks himself away in Oscar's head instead of taking responsibility and owning up for his mistakes and failures especially when he doesn't even have a plan to deal with salem in the first place which just makes it even worse since everything was all for nothing and every sacrifice was in vain in the end. rage

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33751113 - 5 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

That I do not understand, selecting her as a candidate for fall maiden is totally justifiable regarding the circumstances. The inherent risk of the machine harming Pyrrha did not realize.

Ozpin explicitly sent her away from Cinder with a task which she chose to ignore. Ozpin is not responsible for the authors choosing to explore two souls in one body with him. 

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33751115 - 5 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain That doesn't mean his hands aren't clean just because he didn't pull the trigger he's indirectly responsible because what he gave her wasn't a choice it was an ultimatum and the fact no one has confronted him about any of this is infuriating. it also doesn't help that ozpin kept so much from her that she didn't even know the real enemy i.e salem existed, add in that he doesn't even have a plan at all and the fact the ruby's silver eyes are activated by the desire to protect life makes it all irrelevant and in vain, she didn't even need to be up there at all and don't give me that crap about her death being jnr's reason to go to haven they would have gone with ruby regardless because they wanted answers too.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33751118 - 5 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

I feel for you Nick, odds are unlikely that it would happen this finale, though. Sorry : [

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33751119 - 5 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

I wouldn't say that it's not possible or unlikely.

And it could even be something we don't realize is a heads up at the time.

It really depends on what they are doing and what angle they are up to rhw wise

From my phone

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33751129 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to mach56gs I'm still waiting for Jianju to get back to me with an update on that comic that I asked her to make. It's supposed to be based on my fanfic. But better dialogue and other stuff. I just figured that looking at it would give me support in hanging in there until they bring her back.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33751134 - 5 months ago

Basically it is a volunteer situation in a military context. Someone has to do it. If you have a sense of duty or are willing to take risks then you will make one step forward. Other people with a similar mind would feel passed over, if they knew it.

It has nothing to do with having a plan, the maiden powers had to be transferred to someone capable of defending herself. Penny may not have been eligible for not being naturally female, or they did not think about it. It is also not necessary to know that Salem exists when taking the maiden powers, that there is a faction which will be after you, if you do it, is just plain obvious.

You cannot blame Ozpin for Pyrrha going up the tower. He may have a part in it because he stressed her mentally, but the chain of events was not foreseeable for Ozpin.

Please do not argue with me narrative-wise. For me only credibility counts, she did not plan to sacrifice herself for either SE or JNR going to Haven, because she had absolutely no clue about upcoming events. That is achievable without any casualties. The character motivation credibility is relevant here and it is acceptable for me, barring future reveals.

• BakedBrain

#33751135 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

It is highly unlikely, since her teammates did not show any initiative to "get her back". Why should they?

To come back under her own power would require her being a singleton like Ozpin, Salem or the maidens, which would be a super-reveal traditionally reserved for the endgame (Volume 9+).

Same is true if the baddies abducted her.

This is a chance battle, it was not planned by someone, it was caused by unforeseeable infighting of the Ozpin faction, so nobody will have prepared to field his jokers.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33751137 - 5 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Naw

You are assuming a lot there and narrowing it down without good reason.

First it's a long standing tradition for rwby not to reveal info until it'd used so Salem wouldn't say a thing about pyrrha until it's time just based on how rwby has handled big reveals up to this point.

Second jnpr is not aware of a way to bring her back they don't have the same info we have for example we don't know if ruby has told them about the dreams. So they can't make a choice they are not aware of.

Third there is also the real possible that pyrrha is in a unique situation and no one is currently aware of. They have made it clear ozpin and Salem are not omniscient so there is a good chance something could happen they are not aware of nor aware it couldn't even happen.

So yes the possibility remains higher then you give credit for.

From my phone 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33751146 - 5 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Doesn't it seem redundant that they would bring back or even hint at Pyrrha just when Jaune has excepted she's gone?

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33751148 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 "Redundant" my ass. Jaune has not accepted anything. He does not deserve to live with not being able to be with her. I want to see an Arkos future.

• revanninja

#33751151 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Not really it's actually used fairly commonly in stories to create a sort of balance till you throw the balance out of wack.

It's meant to dredge up emotions and sort of settle them so the person coming back creates a bigger shock.

From my phone 

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33751153 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

And the balance was just created. Now would be too soon.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33751154 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

In reply to revanninja Plus accepting her being gone is something that Jaune has not done.

• revanninja

#33751155 - 5 months ago

In reply to DiMono

Maybe maybe not it depends on what they are doing.

For example if it's an enemy revival then no.

Or if it's just them placing a large hint we lack context to understand.

From my phone 

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33751156 - 5 months ago

In reply to DiMono

Depends if they're going to flip the table from the outset or start hinting at things to come and/or chipping away at the balance. I agree it's probably too soon for the former, particularly as I suspect the gang is going to have enough fun dealing with the fallout from their crimes against Atlas, but the latter has potential, particularly if the gang starts to receive Salem's direct attention, as one of the few things Oz highlighted before taking his extended hiatus is that none of them really appreciate what fighting Salem is like. They've more or less resolved the "will we/won't we" conflict regarding whether or not they want to get involved in the fight, so the logical next step would be for them to start to experience what it's like to have Salem as an enemy.

• revanninja

#33751157 - 5 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

Something I was thinking about it applies to Salem.

So in magi the labyrinth of magic ugo is a jinn and isolated for thousands of years.

During the finale he reveals he had so much time he figured out how to flip the equation and place himself as a god. Which he does turning the big bad guy who has terrorized everyone in an aquarium to build it's own universe as more or less a pet.

It gets turned around on ugo due to that isolation having long terms effect on his mind but it turns out to be important.

And I am wondering if they are going to do something like that with Salem that she did have the time to figure things out.

From my phone 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33751159 - 5 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Well, not all fans can get the shippings they want. Like, in Legend of Korra. I wanted Korra and Bolin, but it didn't happen. I'm good with that

• revanninja

#33751160 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Sure not all fans get their ships but its really clear in regards to Pyrrha RT is up to something.

RHW is a mystery that goes against how they have handled any related character to date. And RHW is related in some fashion to Pyrrha.

Then there is the fact they VERY quickly went out of their way to squash the whole ghost, spirit, or someone being possessed.

If it didnt matter they wouldnt need to squash it yet they did and pretty quickly. Almost like they wanted to make sure our thoughts were going a certain path instead of down another.

Then there is the dream which is still by far unexplained and with a lot of weird things.

It may not be this season but its clear to a lot of people RT is very much up to something and it looks like its centered around Pyrrha.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33751161 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 I've seen one anime do that before. And I don't want it to happen again.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33751162 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja and yet it's driving many of us up the wall as a result at this rate someone's gonna go off the deep end. like when a naruto fan committed suicide after the revelation that neji got killed in the manga i hope it doesn't get that serious.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33751163 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

In reply to revanninja And another thing. Jaune clearly has not moved on. 

• Dinobot01

#33751165 - 5 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Of course he hasn't, I don't think anyone ever truly moves on from something like that, but they do accept it and I think he has too

• revanninja

#33751166 - 5 months ago

I doubt it will I think either this finale or next season is as far as they can truly stretch it.

In reply to Dinobot01

No I dont think he has actually I think this is the START of him accepting it. He was blaming himself for it afterall.

And him accepting it really has no weight to anything to be honest.

Because you can accept it and then have a revive in fact MOST revivals play with the idea they are accepting it before doing the revive.

It creates drama and emotions.