Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (39840)

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33753400 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja Question is are they gonna get to that? And will they do it? Hopefully they will.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33753402 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I'm pretty sure a person who lacked all five senses would still somehow sense how strongly the RWBY community wants Pyrrha back.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33753403 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Hopefully

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

Oh without question but I have seen people say RT is largely unaware of people wanting Pyrrha back or its only a small amount of people that do and other like things. Which I laugh at considering we are going into vol 7 4 full volumes after the fact and we can see people are STILL very interested in the idea and I am always running into new people who express the idea of her coming back.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33753435 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja Some people on there seem to think that they are just messing with people with stuff to make look like she'll come back. I'm really hoping that is not what it is.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33753436 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Eh you always get that. A good example is from Naruto where someone made a character is and isn't chart saying he wasn't the fourth son arguing just because of hairstyle doesn't mean anything even though he looked exactly like Naruto.

And then it turned out Naruto was the fourth son and the guy disabled comments.

So people can say what they want.

From my phone

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33753438 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja But that isn't what RT is doing right? I want to believe that the are doing something that forshadows her coming back.

• revanninja

#33753439 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Nick you keep asking me this question I have answered it.

I think they are doing something but I can't know for a fact.

No matter how many times you ask I am not changing that answer and I will  from now on no longer answer that question seeing as you have asked me many times.

From my phone

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33753443 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja I meant whether or not they're making it look like she's coming back just to mess with our hearts. I don't remember asking this question. Then again there are times where I would forget something. So if I did, I apologize.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33753447 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

It is impossible to know, for a fact, what the writers intend to do before they reveal it, barring leaks which themselves can be suspect and depending on the timing can be outright negated by re-writing the leaked scenes. All we are doing here is guessing by checking for common tropes and patterns that lead up to a revival. It's a lot like guessing the weather, we can predict the really obvious stuff fairly well, but beyond that any guesses aren't much better than shots in the dark. They do seem to be dropping a lot of hints, which is a very dangerous choice if they don't follow through, but shows have used things like this as fake-outs before. All we can do is wait and see. Unless they break their longstanding pattern of dancing around direct questions about future plot points, we will not know what is going to happen with Pyrrha and what they were trying to make us think until it happens.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33753450 - 2 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues hey, I own that sweater and it is comfy.

• Ace-of-Rogues

#33753456 - 2 months ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal

What did you do, send in enough box tops for a prize?

• revanninja

#33753457 - 2 months ago

Ace has it right all we can do is look at what we see and speculate.

Rwby doesn't want us to know ahead of time and they have made this clear.

From my phone

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33753491 - 2 months ago

Also Jianju said that when Cinder said she still believed in destiny, she thinks it means that Pyrrha will come back. Hopefully she does. But question is how would Cinder 

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33753498 - 2 months ago

RT haven't been this successful by being oblivious to fan sentiment and awareness over what they create. They knew what they were getting into when they drafted Pyrrha's character and killed her off in such a fashion, and after years of being asked the same question con after con, they know people are still pulling for her return, no matter how foolish they sound sometimes.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33753499 - 2 months ago

In reply to mach56gs It would be nice if they finally bring her back in the next volume.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33753503 - 2 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Ok look its fine if fan opinion can influence a decision but don't just do it just cause the fans want it. Grey told me straight up at RTX she's dead but that if they have a cool idea down the road who knows what can happen, so if an idea comes up the fact that they know there are plenty of fans who'd like her to come back could be an influence whether they do it or not.

• revanninja

#33753507 - 2 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Agreed they arent idiots they are going to pay attention and we know they like making us guess.

In reply to JROY

That is different first Grey is not going to be honest with you. You were just a guardian coming up to him and asking him he isnt going to just go yes Pyrrha is coming back he is going to do party line no matter what.

So holding he said she was dead as something that is important doesnt make any sense because as far as they want the fans of RWBY to know she is gone. Because it is what works best for a show. If Pyrrha was going to come back and they already have plans they arent going to spoil it.

Second him even SAYING they are open to it down the road should have tripped flags in your head Jroy. Because it means he is saying they are leaving the door open.

If they wanted her gone they wouldnt be open to it at all but if they were already planning on her coming back then it makes sense as he is covering his butt.

Keep in mind the majority of RWBY's story beats have been planned out before we even SAW episode 1 of volume 1. Revival is one such story beat that would be planned out ahead of time.

EDIT

A good example is from RE2remake.

In the original RE2 You had an A and B scenario who ever you played in A you played the other character in B.

Canon wise its Claire A and Leon B.

Choices in A effected things in B such as taking the pack which expanded your inventory or taking the Submachine gun as a quick easy example.

With the remake they said there was going to be an A and B.

And they more or less lied about it. While the choices dont matter like it did in the original there is an A and B scenario more or less.

Called 2nd run who you play as in 1st run controlled the 2nd run unlock though now you can pick whichever one you want once you have gone through 1st run with both characters.

The 2nd run does change things such as Item placement what is and isnt a safe place for example as well as whoever does the 2nd run gets to handle the final boss.

Its nowhere as it was in the original but it is still the same basic idea.

And the lie about 2nd run was said almost to release because Capcom DIDNT want people to know about it.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33753512 - 2 months ago

In reply to JROY

I salute you for getting a RT staffer's attention and asking that question. It's a pretty easy question to answer and as such a difficult question to ask.

But even so, it does give them that knowledge.

I won't get into revanninja's tinfoil hat, but of course you wouldn't expect a staffer to needlessly leak critical information. You couldn't get them to confirm Pyrrha's return so much as you could get them to tell you how Summer Rose died.

• revanninja

#33753515 - 2 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

Its not a tinfoil hat I would take kindly if you stop with the insults as they are unneeded.

Its fact not a question a repeated FACT that CRWBY doesnt want to spoil anything.

This has been said by Miles on panels.

This has been said by Kerry on panels and even repeated on the last Rewind.

Its been said and backed up by VAs on Panels.

Its been said by Barb on always open when she had all the RWBY VAs on the show.

Its the reason why the Costars of Rewind changed for this season as the lady whose name I dont recall is now working on RWBY and thus was afraid she would give away secrets so she excused herself from it.

Its something hammered time and time again by the people who make the show they do not want spoilers and work to keep their own people in the dark to prevent them.

Its also as the example of RE2 remake was illustrating something that is common that companies producers and so forth will 100% lie if they think its important to their product.

So with the FACT that CRWBY is trying to keep spoilers away it makes perfect sense that Grey is not going to be honest to Jroy regardless of anything as they are in the habit of playing things close to their chest.

Tinfoil hat.....

yr6nxvi.png

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33753538 - 2 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues NO. ok maybe. fine.

actually a friend got it for me on my birthday 

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33753540 - 2 months ago

Hey nothing wrong with us tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists!

Sometimes you gotta take the L to make the joke work

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33753541 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

I think thats more of a two season arc

• revanninja

#33753550 - 2 months ago

The issue is I am not one and instead this is stuff they have directly stated and shown. Time after time.

You know when the people who make the show keep saying they dont get heads up and the VAs dont even know what the others are up to as they only get their lines and a little bit about what is going on to get in character and its repeated and reinforced I tend to pay attention.

And we KNOW for a fact they have most of RWBY planned out and have since before vol 1 too many times have we gotten on yeah this was created back before season 1.

The gods Apathy Salem are all good examples.

People look at Maidens and think they just create off the cuff and roll with it when chances are VERY high there was a proto maiden concept planned out but Maidens just solved all the issues with their plans the proto maiden didnt.

It slides in too easily for me not to think something wasnt in the works before the maidens.

So no not tinfoil hat conspiracy at all just actually paying attention to what is said and shown through out vol 1-6 so far.

As for Pyrrha yes her coming back is most likely a two season arc with one season being the build up to her return and the other season them dealing with it as I imagine its not going to be just a simple process at all.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33753552 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Sometimes people rag on each other in good humour. You gotta learn to pick your battles, mate.

• revanninja

#33753556 - 2 months ago

In reply to DiMono

I dont consider being called a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist in good humor.

Its actually pretty damn insulting.