Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40187)

• acw28

acw28

#33757302 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

I don't know, it kinda feels like it's a red herring. I mean if it were to happen, bringing Pyrrha back is the big twist, one of THE events of the next volume. So even if it's as you said it's to drain the outrage early on, I feel like it's still too early since it's made out to be such a pivotal point of the series, it's like opening up Avengers: Endgame by [INFORMATION REDACTED FROM THE INTERNET UNTIL 5/6/2019], it's just not something you do at the beginning, it's the shock you save for the end.

Anyone know what Jen's Con schedule is like? And which events she would be attending that are very RWBY focused aside from RTX?

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33757303 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Totally, yeah. I do think it's been intended all along, too, and you may be right about getting people used to it. I'm wondering if there's gonna be an announcement at the con (introducing the cast of v7 and her coming out with the others in costume or something) now, especially if she's gonna feature in the v7 teaser.

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33757304 - 1 month ago

In reply to acw28

She was at El Paso Comic Con and tweeted about it quite a bit before, I haven't seen her saying anything about another con aside from RTX yet. She did say she wasn't gonna say what she needs the costume for "yet" though, so we might hear beforehand.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33757308 - 1 month ago

In reply to DrowVampyre

In reply to DrowVampyre

In reply to acw28

That depends heavily on how they are playing it. For example if they open up with Pyrrha and we are getting shown 2 views what RWBY JNPR are up to and then what Pyrrha is up to.

And some stuff HAS actually opened up with the shock and then do a how they got there play by play.

For example it opens with Jaune on the ground looking up and its Pyrrha coming down her sword first and then a pause icon shows up and then it rewinds back to X weeks later with a voice over from Ozpin saying No matter how much we might wish it sometimes Heroic stories end in tragedy then when it gets there and shows its not what we originally saw the voice over comes but other times they end in HOPE.

That is one quick example I can see them using.

You are right ACW that is something you generally save for a big moment but if they are spiking the wheels and changing the direction to give a moodwhiplash then some prep is required so people dont break their necks over it.

All of this depends heavily on what they are planning and up to.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33757309 - 1 month ago

In reply to acw28

My thoughts exactly. If Pyrrha were indeed to come back, why don't they remain completely quiet about it to maximise the surprise effect ? That is what I would go for. The CRWBY is extremely aware of the fandom's expectations regarding Pyrrha so I think that what just happened recently with Jen Brown (VO+tweet) was long planned within the cast. But I would have remained silent nonetheless. But we shall see.

In reply to revanninja

It is true that a part of the fandom would be outraged if Pyrrha comes back so it is a noble thought to try to get them used to Pyrrha again step by step. But I think it is also a risky move: what about the other part of the fandom that really wants her back and do not want any kind of spoiler prior ? If the CRWBY starts to tease us with Pyrrha related things, they forced themselves to meet the created expectations because everyone will eventually wait for her to come back and if she doesn't, the outrage will spread even more !

The best scenario I would see is that Chibi is indeed about to come back after all (with Pyrrha), something like this summer so that we would think that all this "tease" was "just" about Chibi Pyrrha... But she will in fact also come back in V7 ! And the Chibi part was just a diversion.

But I don't even believe this myself, because the recent stuff with Jen Brown is just too unsual.

In reply to DrowVampyre

I don't see any reason why they would announce Jen Brown at RTX if she is indeed intended to reintegrate the cast ! If Pyrrha is supposed to come back, that would be a major spoil. If Jen is only supposed to voice over, then maybe it would be ok but I still think that a non negligible part of the fandom would get mad at the CRWBY (for not really bringing her back). And I really don't think we will get anything Pyrrha related in the V7 teaser !

But heck, maybe they have some master plan so they can indeed afford all this kinds of teaser elements and still blow our minds in V7 with Pyrrha finally coming back.

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33757310 - 1 month ago

In reply to Velrak

It would blow the end of season hook for next season, sure, but if they're more focussed on building anticipation for v7 than for V8, can you think of anything at all that would generate more hype than announcing Pyrrha's return?

Another thing I found interesting though not necessarily hinting (I have no idea if they've done this before) is at the recent con the team RWBY actresses were at, they were asked in a panel "if you could trade one living character for one dead to bring the latter back on the show, who would it be?" Lindsay and Arryn both said to trade Salem for Pyrrha, Barbara gave a joke answer about killing Zwei, and Kara wanted to trade Jacques for Pyrrha... That's 3 of 4 for sure that want her back, and one of them wants to trade someone who's likely a villain in v7 for her.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33757311 - 1 month ago

In reply to DrowVampyre

Announcing her return would create the biggest hype but also ruin it for many in my opinion :(

Personally, I always prefer being 100% surprised. Hints automatically reduce the surprise effect for me, it is just a matter of how much and if they occur inside or outside the main material (the show here). Within the show, I think they already gave us just the right amount of hints about Pyrrha's potential return in order for us to theorize about it without being able to fully predict it. I'm more concerned about outside hints, I just hope they will handle them as correctly.

Interesting fact indeed about their answers, but yeah it was just their answers as fans and not as pressure for Miles and Kerry :)

Plot twist: Salem will actually be defeated in V7 and be replaced by Grimm-Pyrrha !

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33757312 - 1 month ago

In reply to Velrak

See, I'm the other way around; I actively seek out spoilers and hate being surprised.

Oh, certainly not pressure, I was thinking more along the lines of them knowing stuff we don't and it colouring their answers since we know they've now started recording.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757315 - 1 month ago

You should not even wish for any obvious hints about Pyrrha's return in conventions or anywhere else outside the show prior to start of runtime..

That would be a sign for trying to win back viewers who quit earlier. Which in turn would hint at the show being in troubled waters commercially and threat of cancellation.

Furthermore commericially driven "creative" decisions are seldomly well executed, because they have to be forced into the story.

Finally RT has a bad history of blabbing off-show in the latest volume.

Use Neo's return as a benchmark. There was nothing even in the trailer which actually had some downright false leads.

There was a solid hint in the front credits of the actual show.

• acw28

acw28

#33757319 - 1 month ago

Just a few general thoughts about the whole situation.

So regarding Jen doing some VA work at the same time as Lindsey, even if it's RWBY, it might not be Pyrrha. Maybe we'll see the triumphant return of Lisa Lavender, or we might finally get some answers regarding the Red Haired Woman 

Regarding Jen asking for an accurate Pyrrha costume, why would it need to be accurate to Volumes 1-3 when most of clothing of most of the cast has changed to be so radically different than their school days? I would assume the same would apply to Pyrrha if she were to be brought back.

Trust me, I hope Pyrrha will be brought back, but right now it just seems like things are fitting a bit too well together. I'll gladly eat my words if I'm wrong, but as I said before, 

it_was__red_herring_by_ramenwolf1485_d5c

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33757321 - 1 month ago

In reply to acw28

2f81167d11a420de7fd5c862ff5c94b9.jpg

Normally the work at the same time as Lindsay could be a same time or as you said another character.

The issue is the second tweet about needing an accurate Pyrrha costume for a couple months from now which puts it smack dabb in RTX timeframe. Which we know they like to announce stuff at RTX.

They also have a history of doing very odd things with Pyrrha that keep her going without shutting her down both in the show and outside of it Pumpkin pete's for example.

It would need to be accurate because that is the only model we the audience are aware of. You dont show this 

Ruler_1_art.png

And say this is Pyrrha with no lead up or showing.

You start by introducing her in old stuff or connected to her old stuff because of what happened.

They did this with the other characters afterall Jaune was still in his old clothes at the beginning of vol 4 and helped sell hey this is team RNJR

She would dress differently soon yes but not at first simply because of all the events that happened and what needs to be shown. Keep in mind the events.

We could be wrong and I will admit its possible but its a very odd set of situations in regards to this.

In reply to BakedBrain

Neo doesnt work because they flat out TOLD us they were bringing her back a full volume before they did it. They said several times she was coming back.

And no that isnt true at all about them announcing spoilers because first it assumes its a spoiler when that may not be how the crew sees it and second shows and movies do this all the time there is even a trope for it called trailers always spoil.

A really good example is Avengers and Spider Man. Homecoming flat out tells us Spider Man is back despite what the last Avenger movie shows us spoiling that hey this isnt the end.

This happens a LOT in shows Movies even books.

In reply to Velrak

Again as I have said before it heavily depends on what they are doing and how they are going about it. If the spoiler isnt Pyrrha coming back but instead her situation and HOW then they might actually do it.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33757325 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

As you mentionned earlier, I too think the Ruby's dreams could be a serious option (my favorite at least). Although technically, Lindsay and Jen wouldn't have to be together for this or even voice the same day. I actually don't know how dialogues are usually handled, if all the concerned VAs have to be present or not (I would say it helps, like for a theater group during its preparation).

• revanninja

#33757326 - 1 month ago

In reply to Velrak

They are not all present we know this from the VAs themselves since some of them are far apart such as Kara and Arryn for example who dont live in Texas last I heard.

They are also intentionally kept in the dark as much as possible.

No chances are good they if they were both recording for RWBY had different time slots is the most likely answer. Like Lindsay did recording at 10am Jen at 2pm sort of deal.

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33757336 - 1 month ago

Jen posted her 2019 con schedule today if it helps figure out the costume.

31/5-2/6         GalaxyCon

21/6-23/6       Magic City

5/7-7/7           TBA (it's RTX, but she says TBA)

26/7-28/7      TBA

30/8-1/9        TBA

1/11-3/11      TBA

8/11-10/11    TBA

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33757337 - 1 month ago

Yeah....

A VA doing VA work and also cosplaying as her character isn't anything to base judgements off of.

It serves as a good reminder that the character is fresh on their mind, or at least appreciated by the VA, which is nice, but that's about it.

The decision to bring back Pyrrha at RTX or any other medium other than the show is just strange. It's almost like at the RTX before Volume 3 they announced her death.

So, no, not holding my breath. Maybe a whole mess of VAs cosplaying as their characters for cool factor.

Still, one thing that can always fuel the conspiracy fire: they (or, at least Jen) do know that Pyrrha is appreciated by the fandom, and so do things to acknowledge that, like the cosplay. It's nice!

• revanninja

#33757339 - 1 month ago

In reply to mach56gs

It is when the timing is a major event and its something she hasnt done before and said character has been gone for a LONG time.

Like if we were talking about something Jen does on a regular fashion it would be different but as far as I know Jen doesnt cosplay as her characters this is the first time I am aware of.

Add to it its rough time for the RTX their biggest event of the year where they OFTEN announce new things or concepts.

To be honest you are kind of brushing it off and acting like this is what normally happens when its not both for VAs normally and RT in particular.

So to restate in the CORRECT manner

Its a VA doing VA work when the New season of a show she voices a dead character for is starting whose is dressing up like said character in time for the Major event of the season for said show doing something she has never done before or even tried to do before.

Excuse me if that is a little too many things at once for me not to go hmmm for.

Its possible its for some new side project spin off from RWBY involving Pyrrha but if so that is still odd due to how her story is so far.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33757341 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

It's fine to "hmmm", but VAs have dressed up as their characters before. It's new for Jen, of course, but it might just be a bit of fanservice for the attendees of the cons.

I still go 'hmmm' more because of the fact that Jen still reps Pyrrha so enthusiastically... Maybe that's an under-appreciated quality of Jen's, but still. I don't brush off this cosplay decision, I'm just being a bit more cautious.

RTX is a place for big announcements, sure, but not spoilers into the coming RWBY story. Maybe we get something more to it all, but maybe it's not as immediate or obvious as some would hope. And maybe it's nothing at all.

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33757342 - 1 month ago

In reply to mach56gs

The weirdest part for the costume is that she's not saying why she needs it, and is in fact saying she can't say why yet. Contrast with Jessica Nigri, for instance, who has said she'll be wearing an RT related costume at RTX. Why the secrecy if it's just her cosplaying and not something more?

• revanninja

#33757343 - 1 month ago

In reply to mach56gs

The fact its new for Jen and using a character that has been gone for so long IS what makes it more likely more then just a bit of fanservice because so far Jen hasnt done that.

To put this in perspective that would be like me suddenly cussing up a storm on these forums when you know I try to avoid that. 

Its something abnormal and strange and should be marked upon.

The fact they STILL continue to push Pyrrha is very odd even the arena had an update to change a bunch of cards to better reflect pyrrha.

Except they actually did do spoilers in the upcoming story at RTX before Neo was one such example they told us flat out they were bringing her back and she was going to do something that would make us hate her. Which so far one part of that has come true.

They have told stuff before often because they dont see it as important. Neo for example her coming back was a spoiler yet they dropped that easily because to them its not important Neo coming back rather what she is up to that is.

There has been other things they have told us for example Ozpin's cane stores time was said in one of the DVD extra's by gray something that time being storable was a spoiler.

Then there was Jen being allowed to say RHW was a real woman it really happened and she wasnt a ghost.

They do it a lot some of it which we catch some of if which we dont.

So saying RTX isnt a place for spoilers into coming stories is wrong because they have done it several times. 

Maybe it means nothing sure but they have been VERY careful about Pyrrha lately and tip toeing on it a LOT

• revanninja

#33757344 - 1 month ago

In reply to DrowVampyre

Especially because last time Jen made a vague statement she had to clear things up a LOT because her words were too easy to see it as something else. A TON of people were seeing her vague hints about the Pyrrha emojis for Arena as something else and it shows by the fact she had to clear the air.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757350 - 1 month ago

If the girls of team RWBY would be paired with the boys from Yu Yu Hakusho, who would be paired together?

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33757351 - 1 month ago

CRWBY have said time and time again that they will not spoil things, because they want the audience to experience them when they happen on the show. So no, they are not having her dress up as Pyrrha to announce anything about Pyrrha coming back to RWBY at RTX. That's simply not how they operate. It's something else.

Remember also, Pyrrha is not the only character that Jen has voiced on RWBY. It is significantly more likely that if she was recording for RWBY, it was lines for RHW.

This wet blanket brought to you by context.

• revanninja

#33757352 - 1 month ago

In reply to DiMono

Context is wrong Dimono 

Because they have in fact spoiled things. Neo is a prime example since they announced her return a full season before she came back.

They also spoiled and said she would do something that would make us HATE her.

They also spoiled things in Panels and in the DVD extras which is what we are pointing out.

Ozpin's cane and time as an example. 

Miles on the 2 brothers during his interview said it was a shortened version indicating it wasnt the full one back in vol 4 which we saw the full in 6.

They do spoil and honestly they do it semi-often the issue is many times we dont know they have spoiled or its clearly something they dont consider important.

Also speaking of context its the fact she is asking for a Pyrrha costume an ACCURATE one in time for RTX with also the fact she did VAs lines when Lindsay said they just started vol 7 stuff.

That context more then dries out the wet blanket you think you have.

You are also ignoring how the situation has changed a lot. Pyrrha is a giant hot button to this day all over not just here in case you are wondering. Considering things going on they may want to prevent or drain away backlash as much as possible.

Because there WILL be Backlash.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33757353 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

So they spoil minor characters and things they deem unimportant in places I haven't seen. That's fair. Pyrrha coming back would be neither of those. That would be Fall Of Beacon levels of spoiler, which even after it happened they were paranoid about spoiling. If Pyrrha's coming back, they're not going to announce it ahead of time.

Besides which, if she needed a Pyrrha costume for something Rooster Teeth was planning, Rooster Teeth would provide the costume! They wouldn't make her go out of pocket for something they're doing officially, because a) that's unreasonable; and b) if she was unable to secure one then their official thing would be ruined. Rooster Teeth is many things, but sloppy is not among them.

Jen asking publicly for help with a Pyrrha costume is not for anything RT-official, and the odds that she was recording lines for a dead character rather than a living one are laughably small. This isn't about Pyrrha being back on the show.

• revanninja

#33757354 - 1 month ago

In reply to DiMono

No actually it might not be Fall of Beacon level spoilers take homecoming for example which spoils that spiderman is back.

All of it matters on what they consider important you are assigning them importance when they may not see it that way at all.

If Pyrrha coming back isnt important but rather the MANNER is then your argument is flawed.

No they wouldnt. Like flat out PROVABLY wrong no they wouldnt.

Like MWHAHAHA you are WRONG on that.

You know how I know? Because Ryan Haywood is shopping for a deadpool costume for their extralife goal they had. A charity lifestream event they made a promise on and Ryan is debating on which costume to buy out of his own pocket.

Let me repeat that for you Ryan Haywood who is one of their stars is shopping out of his pocket for a deadpool costume for a RT event and has openly talked about it.

He even talks about it in his lifestreams saying he isnt sure if he should spend the money for a good one or if he should go cheaper but its more latex at that point and he even talks about how Meg couldnt help him build one due to her own stuff. You know Meg Gavin's girlfriend last I checked who is a cosplayer of some reknown? Yeah no mention of RT fronting the money.

So no you are very much wrong on that.

Like Laughably wrong.

No you just assume its not Rt-official despite history showing that you are wrong on that. You are also again ignoring context on the situation and how it doesn't support your arguments at all.