Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40000)

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33757357 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to DrowVampyre

She never confirmed that she was cosplaying Pyrrha, so it's pretty easily assumed that "what she's hiding" is the fact that she is going to be cosplaying as Pyrrha. Jessica cosplays regularly, so it's not so much as a surprise, hence the different scenarios.

I am all for hype and hope, but we are taking something abnormal and expecting the world. I would not want anything spoiled or announced for Pyrrha during RTX or in any con setting - and just because a VA is doing a cosplay isn't a confirmation.

We're on the same page, but you're taking this as some sort of confirmation and moving to JNPR-con 2,  I'm only treating it as possible evidence/teaser. 

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757358 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Letting a VA acquire a costume for a big reveal in a convention is actually a double spoiler. This is extremely unlikely and here you get my third challenge which you can reject as you please.

NO reveal of Pyrrha coming back at 2019 RTS.

Fortunately this has an acceptable timespan until solved for real.

In the entertainment industry there are companies which specialize in crafting you the costume you desire to your exact specifications and keep quiet about it. Searching for a used one in public is just crazy ...

... or to push it, would be an indication of RT being in serious financial troubles, you would only spoil the spoiler if you sat on a mountain of unsold tickets and were just desperate.

I would like to know if it was "spoiled" that Neon would come back in season 6 or just "at all". The spoiler value of at all is just about nil, because Neon was not hurt at all on screen and thus ready to run at any time.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33757359 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

No letting a va acquire a costume isnt a reveal at all the only reason why its odd is due to the timing and the fact the va is not known for cosplaying at all.

That is what makes it odd not the cosplay itself.

You challenge is rejected because its just you doing it for no good reason at all. Seriously its not even a challenge its just you saying something clearly meant to rile people.

She didnt say a used one thanks for reading something she didnt say.

Again no on the money part because Movies and companies not in trouble do this all the time Homecoming for example did this. And the Avengers is making Bank.

So that argument already is flawed and problematic in the extreme.

As for WHY request it from Fans because she may actually want them to be included strangely enough RT is known for doing this using Fan stuff. For example in the Post Show for Vol 5 Jessica was wearing a Cinder outfit made by a fan and sent to her.

It was spoiled she would come back and soon. The issue with your argument is take the Club boss and the 2 girls from Yang's trailer all of them are still there and not being brought back as far as we know. Just because a character is alive doesnt mean they come back. Neo whose connections were Roman and Roman alone could have easily been left out and there would be no issue.

Also its Neo not Neon as Neon is a different character Neon Katt is the roller skatter Yang fought in the festival double match 

In reply to mach56gs

To be honest despite what I am arguing I too am only taking it as Possible evidence or a teaser its just I have seen shows and movies drop spoilers like this because to them its not important.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757360 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain 1.You don't know that.

2. I thought you were done "challenging" Rev.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33757361 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

No, you're cherry picking to fit your narrative. Ryan doing Deadpool isn't an RT thing, it's a Ryan thing. It's something he is doing at an RT event. An official Pyrrha reveal would be something RT is doing. If a company this big is doing something, then the company is who does it. Every. Single. Time. If outside help is needed, then the company arranges it, because they can't afford to risk leaving it to someone else to arrange.

Jen herself is asking for help with a Pyrrha cosplay. Therefor it's not for something RT is doing in an official capacity, because RT isn't that stupid.

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33757362 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to mach56gs

It's definitely not confirmation, it's just odd, and there's a whole lot of oddities surrounding Pyrrha in the show itself and in the real world that seem to be piling up awfully fast as of v6.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33757363 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to DiMono

No I am not actually you are flat out wrong it's literally for the extra life goal they had.

Like they talk about it on the off topic on who should be deadpool.

That isn't cherry picking that is them literally doing something for the extra life goal.

It's not a Ryan thing at all.

I am sorry but you are flat wrong and it shows dimono.

The only person trying to fit a narrative and failing badly is YOU.

You aren't even cherry picking you are just wrong.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757367 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja I'm with you on that.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757371 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

In reply to revanninja

Come on. If you plan to reveal a resurrection at a convention and then let the VA of the character to be revealed search for a fitting costume in public, then this would be a double-spoiler.

And I am not done challenging. I like to take part in projecting future events and I believe that feedback is important. You should check if your projections are correct in order to learn and improve.

I know full well, that I might be wrong, but that is part of the fun.

Revan is ornamenting his posts rather generously with his absolute conviction of being right, so he is the right person to challenge.

• revanninja

#33757372 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

No I am not sorry I have already said several times I might be wrong.

Please stop shoving things into my post I dont say or imply thanks.

Funnily enough I have NEVER said I am absolutely right I constantly say I might be wrong so congrats on reading something into my posts I dont say or do.

I am not nor ever ornamenting my posts generously with my absolute conviction that I am right.

That is literally a fiction you created. 

Here is prove

In reply to revanninja

In reply to acw28

We could be wrong and I will admit its possible but its a very odd set of situations in regards to this.

Strange how if I am absolutely convinced I am right I admit I could be wrong.

GEEE its almost like I dont do that and that is PURE fiction on your part.

No its not there is no such thing as a double spoiler and your logic makes zero sense as again its not her looking for a costume that is a spoiler its more the context of everything making it a VERY odd thing that is super strange.

Your challenges are always off base and do not provide accurate feedback or any ability to improve.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757381 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja Let's just hope we're right. I want this to be a reason to think more positive about her return

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757382 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain What the hell do you hope to gain from these challenges? Nothing will come from these stupid challenges. There's no winner by knockout, no split decision, no reward, no winning prize, nothing. These challenges are ridiculous. You are stirring the pot for nothing.

• TNTturbo

TNTturbo

#33757395 - 2 weeks ago

not gonna lie when I was younger and watched it for the first time I was ready to commit an act of terrorism in the writers room purely because they killed Pyrrha after literally making us have moments with her. The dance. The kiss. The kind hearted moments. Literally I still am angry to this day. And any time I see her image I honestly just get sad and infuriated. Of all the characters to kill, they killed Pyrrha ffs. Why not some not as useful character like (and I know Ima get hate for this) Nora who didn’t do nearly as much or have as much of an influence.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33757396 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to TNTturbo

Because killing Pyrrha hit harder than killing anyone else this side of Team RWBY would have (and they still maimed Yang anyways). We'd get over Nora, we are more or less over Penny, but we're not over Pyrrha. All the reason you listed why it hurts are why it had to be her.

• TNTturbo

TNTturbo

#33757400 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues BUT WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO DO THAT TO US

• revanninja

#33757402 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to TNTturbo

I could think of a couple of reasons easily.

Especially if they are going to revive her.

If they are going to revive her but as an enemy then having her last stand end up being corrupted like that? It contrasts it pretty heavily as well as shows us how bad Salem really is.

If they are going to revive her but have her lose herself such as she doesnt know who she is then having the conflict of that against the new personality or self would bring a lot of anguish.

If they bring her back but Broken having her being bitter or just aware of how much she gave up would also be another way to bring drama out.

So much of this relies on what they want out of it and so far it really hasnt been paying off which due to RHW and how odd they treat Pyrrha as they keep bringing her up and reminding us of her, makes me think its not as simple as dead character at all.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33757403 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to TNTturbo

Because it has never been RT style to play it "soft". They like their shows to go darker as it progresses (RWBY, RvB, Nomad of Nowhere, Gen:Lock). And even in anime in general, it is very common to bring death to the table in order for your show to have some impact/growth. It is not a coincidence if V3 was the volume that placed RWBY on the anime map.

• BakedBrain

#33757406 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

That is ruining the experience a bit. But it is not that Pyrrha was killed because of her standing in the story, She was given this standing because she was planned to be killed. And if Nora had been selected for this fate she would have received the required load of sympathy as well (e.g. ship rushing and being relatively overpowered).

What is strange though, is that the end of 3 stands out as a singleton against the rest of the show. Yang suffered no effective physical damage, she was fully compensated within less than half a volume. World threat level and danger to characters are down to the standard of volumes 2 and the first half of 3 again.

In reply to Velrak

Gen:Lock has a totally different pace concerning world threat level in volume one (!). The complete team had to retreat repeatedly and the main character was substantially maimed in two stages. Although they might rehumanize him, this will take some time.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33757411 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

You're right, I actually hesitated to cite Gen:Lock as this one jumped right into the serious atmosphere. My point was rather to say that RT does not provide only pure comedic shows, gentle and all.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757441 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to TNTturbo Look. When it all started. I was in the same state you are in. And I am still on this thread to find hope. I was told to stay strong and hang in there. I was told to not lose faith. We just have to continue to try to think positive about the chances of her coming back.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757535 - 2 weeks ago

I would be interested in Jen Brown doing a english cover for the song "Blizzard" from the Dragonball Super movie. Or both her and Miles.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757646 - 1 week ago

Any more tweets from Jen at all? Something that could help people struggling with this?

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33757647 - 1 week ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

She's been pretty quiet since the last update.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757649 - 1 week ago

In reply to DrowVampyre Well then is there any images anyone has that can help people hang in there.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33757650 - 1 week ago

Very quiet threads these days. Come on guys, we are close to page 1600 :)

So here is a little something I had in mind since V6C3, more especially about how much Opzin is even more to blame now in my opinion regarding Pyrrha's death and how much I would like this to be addressed in V7.

His question to Jinn: "How do I destroy Salem ?"

Answer: "You can't."

It is then unclear (at least to me) how the cast received this answer. It seems that, with the exception of Ruby who asked Ozpin what is his plan to defeat Salem, they all took it as "Salem can't be killed" (Yang and Ren said it) which is wrong (Salem can be killed if the Gods are summoned back and agree to make her mortal again). Jinn just revealed that Ozpin can't do anything.

But we have not really been given the chance to hear what Ozpin himself has to say about it. Did he also misunderstand Jinn's answer or not ? If he really did, then it just makes him a murderer as he kept bringing people (Summer likely, Qrow, Raven, Pyrrha) to his "fight" but without telling them she can't be killed (which again is false but that is what Ozpin would believe). I really don't think this is what went through his head. Instead, I think he clearly understood that he would never be able to kill Salem by himself but that it could be possible with others. Hence he spent years to find out who and how. He is now out of ideas and plan (as he confessed to Ruby). As noble as it is, remains the main problem of how much infos Ozpin gave to anyone who joined him... Judging by Raven's departure and Qrow's punch, clearly not enough. And we saw he only revealed the maiden thing to Pyrrha. Nothing proves he would have given her all the details even after she agrees to become the Fall maiden (as he didn't even give them to Qrow). Just why ? Fear of treason ? Shame ? I don't see any reason to justify holding so much infos. Being in a hurry at Beacon helped Ozpin in a way as it gave him a good reason not to tell everything. Ironically, Qrow said to Pyrrha they would fill her in once they know she is with them when he himself doesn't even have all the details.

I thus would like to see Ozpin seriously confronted once again about Pyrrha and everything else once he comes back. And I would like him to be especially confronted by Ironwood (I assume he is also in the dark he himself said he felt so). Also I think it is much needed to hear at this point Opzin apologize to everyone for how he treated Pyrrha and to a lesser extent Qrow and Ironwood (they are still alive). The case Lionheart is not a total excuse, Opzin should have been able with his centuries of experience to conclude he could fully trust Qrow for example.