Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40162)

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33757824 - 3 weeks ago

So close to 1600! Do we get a prize in recognition for our insanity?! xD

In reply to Velrak

I never implied that this closure makes it impossible, only a bit more unlikely - and that wounds my ego! Just as finding closure for Pyrrha is good, just that the way it was done makes me nervous that it might not be as empowering to JNR as I'd like it.

@Revan

No, it was not the RHW. The RHW made a observation about Pyrrha (she tried) which Jaune took to heart and passed on to Ren + Nora. RHW was the vehicle, but the moral that 'Pyrrha had a responsibility to try' was the missing piece of closure that they needed.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757826 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to mach56gs That doesn't mean that Jaune isn't in pain anymore. He still is.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33757827 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to mach56gs

No sorry disagree with you on that it's super clear it's RHW that made it with. Her discussion with jaune.

Like I can not stress how much I disagree with you on this.

From my phone

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33757829 - 3 weeks ago

Welp congrats on 1600.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33757864 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to mach56gs

You actually were the first on page 1600 so nice job !

I wasn't implying that you implied her return was impossible :) I was just stating my opinion and we agree on this. Now did this scene make her return more or less likely ? Objectively speaking (because I'm God and I can be objective) the situation is still balanced: this scene could be seen as a farewell to Pyrrha but also as another element to set up her later revival (subverting expectations like GoT but in a good way). Subjectively speaking, I pick the revival option as now more likely.

As for the RHW, I think she helped Jaune closing Pyrrha's chapter. It is hard to quantify how much Jaune has progressed regarding its mourning between V5 finale and the statue's scene but he definitely needed someone to talk about it, to hear it from someone else and the "fact" that it came from a member of her family was perfect.

But what I liked the most is that Jaune also helped the RHW by confirming her that Pyrrha was a true huntress even if she didn't officially graduate. Jaune and the RHW shared their respective experiences with Pyrrha and it enabled both of them to come full circle.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33757865 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

When you complete the mourning of someone dear to you, does it mean you never feel pain afterwards about this person ?

I don't think there is a real answer to it. Everyone experiences mourning differently. In the case of Jaune, I wouldn't say he doesn't feel pain anymore about Pyrrha but his pain is now nowhere near what he felt at least up until the Haven battle. I think this scene with Pyrrha's statue was supposed to show us that Jaune has finally come to a decent state regarding how he deals with the loss of Pyrrha. If Cinder shows up again, I think he will handle it much better than at Haven. I feel like Pyrrha has finally become more of a source of motivation/inspiration than a source of pain for him.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757866 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Velrak But he's still hurting about not having her at the moment. He's not over her.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757868 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Did it occur to you, that on every single one of your pictures Sun has to take a meditation posture. He cannot move himself, when his clones are active. He could not help them pin down Ilya and he could not help them, hold the balcony in Belladonna house. "Moving" on a vehicle does not help at all in the arena. Emerald would be close to busting herself if she projected a train onto the stage.

The clones only help as team support, they are completely useless in a 1 on 1.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757869 - 3 weeks ago

Someone posted this earlier.

We need these opponents

And for this thread, one of them can have green eyes for starters.

But they are also almost indispensable from a global perspective.

Salem lacks in headcount, loyalty and individual competence so a load of possessed armours driven by captured souls should come in handy. They should also count as opaque, so that not looking would protect against a certain screen wiper move.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33757870 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Did it ever occur to you he is able to move after that and he still does it while jumping from a ship.

He also was clearly using them in 1 on 1 combat.

Your arguments don't make any sense the show itsel literally says you are wrong as the dragon fight was a high paced mobile fight he did very well on.

And yes he can move himself when his clones are active we literally see him do it in the Blake short one of those pics you clearly didn't look at.

You are just arguing for the sake of it baked and we all know it as the show itself shows your arguments are flawed.

From my phone

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757877 - 3 weeks ago

I don't want Jaune to be ready to move on. That would damage the chances of her coming back.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33757883 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi i don't think it will, for example it would "look" like he was but then pyrrha's revived or revealed and then he let's out everything he was holding in.

• BakedBrain

#33757886 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Should have rewatched. He can move after casting the clones.

But I still do not see much use for them in a 1 on 1, especially if they drain a lot of aura.

• revanninja

#33757887 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

They only drain when he makes a lot of them which if you notice he normally only makes 2 or so. Forcing him to make more would be emeralds job.

As for their use in 1 on 1 that is simple it makes it 3 on 1 numbers have an advantage especially if you don't need to worry about hurting allies the usual issue with number games like that.

Extra hands and so forth is dead useful for this sort of situation

From my phone

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757891 - 3 weeks ago

I think Jaune is ready to move on now and I wish he would

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757896 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Dinobot01 No. Pyrrha is not a placeholder for someone else to take his heart. I don't want Arkos to be filler for a different shipping. I want an Arkos future.

• revanninja

#33757897 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Dino he isnt at this point and juncture as he is still clearly hung up on Pyrrha he just got over being depressed because he kept thinking it should have been him that died on that tower not Pyrrha.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757898 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja But he's still hurting.

• revanninja

#33757899 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Didnt say he wasnt just get over being suicidal depressed over her and what he thinks is his failure. Jaune is nowhere even close to being over Pyrrha at this stage and Juncture.

• BakedBrain

#33757902 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

So just how will Emerald do that?

Sword overload like Pyrrha, this is a conventional attack, already prepared, not exactly the right time to go into meditation to bring up clones. You will be hit undefended by the real ones, but at least you did not have to look. OK they made Weiss do that kind of move, but it did not look very effective.

Beam loading, the same goes here, Penny would have a lead in loading.

The clones also have a very low runtime and he never made more than three, and if you already observed considerable aura draining with that number. And their damage yield is not convincing.

• BakedBrain

#33757903 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Please reflect what you are writing. Wishing a character ongoing grief to promote your preferred ship is not exactly nice.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33757904 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain Dino has just been doing this a lot. And it pisses me off.

• revanninja

#33757908 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Baked you are doing that thing again, after JUST saying you should rewatch it, where you claim something that is without question 100% proven false by the show.

When he ran out of Aura he made 4 of them and was able to hold them for 12 seconds which I know that doesnt seem like a long time but in combat that actually IS a long time as most real fights are counted in single digit seconds.

And they were able to pin Ilia as well as Hold a run away cart very obviously loaded with objects. You are just claiming low damage with ZERO evidence that backs that up and LOTS of evidence that shows they clearly have a sizable physical presence as ONE clone was able to tackle Ilia easily the other clones were just to keep her pinned.

As for it he can do them actually pretty quickly as evidence by him in the Blake short jumping up into the air summoning and then grabbing the earlier mentioned Cart or when he jumped in the air when facing the dragon and was able to QUICKLY summon the clones to move in air.

The pose is not this super long locking Sun in place move like you seem to think.

So if Sun THOUGHT there was a lot of swords coming and he made a lot of clones to act as a body shield then it would work and yes that type of clone use is something people have done before in other series like Naruto where they do in fact have a large cost to using it.

Beam canon Sun wouldnt create clones for he has seen that attack before back in vol 1 and its a pointed directional attack so he would run and use clones to get away from it.

There Emerald just needs to make Sun think the attack is splitting or doing something its not to force him into the beam she is making him NOT see.

We also need to take something into consideration with the whole Clone army draining his Aura. He took a hit from Ilia  she headbutted him in the face to get him off her. Which that drains Aura.

Its also late at night and Sun has been running around all day before hand then the chase through the trees.

So it is heavily Likely Sun isnt at Full Aura for this fight though the exact amount is hard to say it could be as simple as he is at 90% or 60% we dont know outside of knowing by the headbutt at least he isnt at full and we can say chances are good due to timing and his activity before that most likely also drained his aura.

Since we STILL dont know how long it takes for Aura to recharge. Is there a longer charge when its broken vs not? Or is it the same no matter what?

• BakedBrain

#33757916 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

The desired result was Sun being killed.

Sword attack:

Even if he completely drains himself, the clones still neutralize the much fewer original swords - GAME OVER Sun survives, Penny wins.

Beam attack:

It is conventional, no full killer otherwise it is dangerous even without manipulation. So he can take a full hit - GAME OVER Sun survives, Penny wins.

The premise of the canon fight's kill is Penny's extreme susceptibility towards Pyrrha's special attack.

Sun is a standard humanoid, so the tournament safety measures are designed for him to survive and should work.

The remaining options would be repeating the Yang move, fake an attack after the match is over and go for foul.

Depending on eventual reserves Penny has (if she went with reduced power-output into the tournament), would be to present her with a simulated threat to provoke her into going all out. If she had reserves and if she was authorized to activate them. But that's speculation.

OK, everything is speculation.

My opinion is them baddies picked a pair, not an individual character and the reason for picking was the mismatch in attack/defense capabilities.

• revanninja

#33757918 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

No on all of that sword requires him to block the real swords which emerald can hide using the ability alone drains sun aura. And yes emerald has hidden things before with Amber.

The beam cut a bullhead in half you are flat wrong on the beam if sun takes it he will die or be badly hurt as we know powerful attacks can break aura and continue on to hurt someone ala yang.

All of your arguments are wrong and shown as wrong by the show.

You keep doing this ignoring the Canon to present false concepts literally proven not to be correct by the show that introduces the concepts.

From my phone