Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40405)

• Velrak

Velrak

#33758495 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I had the same problem. Seems back to normal now.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33758496 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

At this point I think both me and emperor should just move on its clear neither of us agree with the other and its just a constant circle and this system issue or whatever is going on is probably a sign to just stop and let it rest understanding both sides arent going to agree with the other.

Moving on.

Have you seen the FF7 remake?

Man I want so bad. But I was looking at the pre-order stuff 60 80 usually thing but the 1st class soldier is 330 bucks or so.

Sure it has a play arts figure with it but I am like that is 250 for that give or take no way man.

I wonder how many people are going to buy that.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33758497 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja Well it turns out those lilies are also called resurrection lilies.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33758498 - 2 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

IS that what they are called?

Are you sure that is them because looking them up they say they are pink or white and the RHW has red flowers

DvnNFZhWkAAurUa.jpg

EDIT

Never mind that is used for the whole genus reading wiki

Though looking these dont look like spider lilies at all

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33758501 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja If they aren't spider lilies, then what are they?

• revanninja

#33758504 - 2 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

I am not sure myself 

Lycoris_Red_Radiata.SHUT_800x.jpg

This is a spider lily from a quick google search

Looking up Red Lily I get this

van-zyverden-flower-bulbs-832231-64_1000

which looks closer

But then I kind of run into a wall when looking it up

At this point my flower knowledge is truely and utterly run dry

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758511 - 2 months ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

In reply to NickPotterfi

Yeah this just sounds like wishful thinking. I get that you want her back. I did too for a while. That doesn't mean it's a good idea. 

Hey. There are ways that she can be brought back without damaging the show. Besides, if they don't bring her back, team JNPR's problems will never be fixed. They won't be a four man group. And Jaune won't have his girl to fill the hole in his heart.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758514 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja Also when you brought up the height chart and them measuring Pyrrha along with her heels. That came to my attention and made me thinking of a reason why the RHW looked a bit shorter. Did it ever show her full figure? Because if not, then how do we know what type of shoes she's wearing? They might not be high heels. It's just a thought.

• revanninja

#33758529 - 2 months ago

Okay I just asked someone who knows about flowers it is a wood lily

It means humility and devotion which is Pyrrha to a t.

They are also funeral flowers meaning the soul of the departed has received restored innocence after death.

Which that can have some interesting implications if someone is revived.

From my phone

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758530 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja But how would flowers help bring her back.

• acw28

acw28

#33758531 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

It's symbolic Nick, it's just a nice wink and nod to those who speak flower. Of course, different meanings with different cultures so that's just another round of confusion.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758534 - 2 months ago

In reply to acw28 It maybe easy to understand for people who "speak flower". Unfortunately, I am not one those people. So I'm lost.

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758539 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Ah, I was gonna continue but you're right that we're going in circles. 

I'll probably return to this topic when RWBY has more Volumes.

Thats all for now. 

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758540 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

I'm one of those think thats that Jaune is meant to move on and fall in love with someone else. So thats never really been a concern. 

• revanninja

#33758546 - 2 months ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

I am not too sure he is.  It has taken him 3 whole volumes just to get to the point where he is no longer self-destructive over his grief. I dont think they are going to have him fall in love with anyone else.

I really do think they are doing something VERY tricky with Pyrrha and its no where close to the done deal people think it is. Too may weird things surrounding Pyrrha even up to vol 6.

In reply to EmperorLuffy

And that is fine no issue on my end as more volumes will one way or the other make the argument.

• acw28

acw28

#33758548 - 2 months ago

So old news to all the First members who populate this thread, but I finally got around to watching the Death Battle. I'm not disputing the results, but there are a few missteps that probably would have evened things out a little more.

1. I'll agree that Weiss' main defense is basically her Aura, but I think it was measured wrong. The example cited was the Volcano during the FNKI fight. As, she'd already taken some significant damage by that point in the fight, Weiss was down to 40% so there really should have been some math to estimate the amount of damage she could withstand at 100%. Alternatively they could have examined Weiss' fight against Vernal, as in the one time we see the fight from start to finish and actually see Weiss' Aura break, and estimate the damage done via Vernal's blades and lasers.

2. So how come we never got any math about Weiss' summons? I know they had the line about "not contributing to any significant battle," (so I'm guessing the lancer fight isn't seen as significant) but don't they still cause damage? How come we don't know how far her Queen Lancer can shoot it's stinger, not to mention how much force was needed to put said stinger through Hazel's torso? How come we don't have the math to show how powerful mini-Gigas was in slashing apart her prison when she was captured by Raven? And then had said power scaled up to a full sized Arma Gigas?

3. Exactly how cannon is the Persona Manga to the videogame? A lot of the stats for Mitsuru seemed to be pulled from that area. Much of which weren't her own feats but scaling to other characters. Yes she defeated someone with a known speed, but that doesn't exactly mean the speed is one-to-one as showcased with Triangle Theory from the Balrog and TJ Combo episode. Then there was the side note about her using flame resistant gear, which I have to question if that's a set event or something of a player choice in the game. 

4. Lastly is the explosion cited for how durable Mitsuru is. I'm not going to dispute the math there, but the textbox caught my eye. It mentioned that the person who launched the attack wasn't trying to inflict serious harm and "probably" scaled the explosion to keep everyone alive. Probably just all the years of schooling I've been through, but basing a cornerstone of your argument on an assumption just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

So as I said, I'm not disputing the results, but just a few things that make me think this as totally accurate as some of the other episodes.

• mach56gs

mach56gs

#33758557 - 2 months ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

It's definitively the most important theme in the story at this point. It's obviously not as hammered in because M & K made it up on the fly but Salem's backstory is essentially the backbone of the entire story. Her Character Arc is about accepting and understanding the meaning of Death. It's this that sets the entire story into motion and the resolution of her arc is the conclusion of the entire story. Salem's Arc is the story now. Once it's resolved the story is done. There is nothing "minor" about that. 

No, it is not 'the most important theme in the story'. It is crucial to Salem, sure, but has no grounds on how the actual protagonists advance the plot and solve problems - having her accept death is how they will defeat her, but how they will succeed relies on other tests of character and thematic tests. 

Villains themes are important, but they do not have to be the same themes that the protagonists carry. I repeat, Salem's origin and theme are important to her, but she remains a single villain who gets limited screentime while RWBY are the protagonists who have been in focus since Volume 1. The themes that drive them are much more important than Salem's backstory.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758561 - 2 months ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy Pyrrha is not a place holder

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758563 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

But he was never really in love with her though. She was in love with him. He felt guilty for never noticing that and the fact that he couldn't do anything to save her. Likely feeling as though he'd failed his partner and his team.

There was never really any time for him to fall in love with her seeing as how he only figured it out at the last minute. 

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758564 - 2 months ago

In reply to acw28 Dude.Spoilers. I don't know if everybody saw that yet. You may want to highlight that.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758565 - 2 months ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy You say that like holding hands with her and their kiss meant nothing to him. But it did. Arkos is not filler for another pairing. I said before. She is not a placeholder.

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758566 - 2 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

We just agreed we weren't getting anywhere with that discussion. Since apparently you guys don't think Salem is the Main Villain.

Last thing I wanna point out is that themes are explored differently through different characters. Thats all I'm gonna say on it for now. 

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758568 - 2 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

I didn't say they meant nothing to him. Just that whatever they meant to him it wasn't romantic. Their "love" was one-sided. 

It's not like a single instance of holding hands and one kiss must mean they have to be together forever.

The way his story is written, Jaune is a typical teenager who knows nothing about love. He has a couple crushes but he's yet to experience real love. He's still figuring himself out. Has an idea of what he wants but has no idea what he really needs. He gets his first taste of love, only for it to be ripped away from him. From this he will go one to truly learn the value of love when builds an even stronger bond with someone else. 

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758570 - 2 months ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy "One sided" my ass. I don't want her baing someone holding the spot for somebody else. She's NOT a place holder.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33758572 - 2 months ago

In reply to mach56gs

The important thing for this thread is that Salem's theme was bestowed on her by God of Light, so it is also (one of) his theme(s) and providing any means going against it, would damage God of Lights consistency.

There are many characters who are not part of this pact and they can go as they please in this respect without any repercussions to their credibility.

And I will disclaimer this, that is my opiniion/interpretation which may be wrong.