Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40301)

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758632 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain

In reply to EmperorLuffy

I have the impression that you are in a minority position, when claiming that Arkos was totally one-sided. 

On this site? Absolutely. lol. 

99% RWBY fanbase is about shipping so it's no surprise that most would immediately interpret Jaune's actions as "love". 

Especially in this thread where I'm arguing with Arkos/Pyrrha fans. lol. 

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758633 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Theres nothing wrong with you wanting to see it that way but at the end of the day all you've really told me is that they were "definitely" in love and that it's so "clear" and "obvious". 

Which aren't really convincing reasons for anyone to take that as fact. 

• Velrak

Velrak

#33758635 - 1 month ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

The RWBY fandom is not just about shipping, how reducing is this... Maybe 99% of the fans you met are like this. I hope I still qualify for the remaining 1% because I didn't "immediately interpret Jaune's actions as love" but actually gave them a lot of thought... which I explained to you. But I guess if my conclusions are still that Jaune was acting because of love then I shall be nothing more that a shipper right ?

You are also reducing the people of this thread by your comment. Just Arkos/Pyrrha fans right ? It really sounds like we can't think on our own because our brains are ship formated.

That is very disrespectful to say the least. 

I have never been a shipping person but still, thanks for your judgment. Believe me or not, I simply appreciated more and more the relationship that developped between Pyrrha and Jaune. It was well done and the CRWBY made me care about it. But I don't just ship for the pleasure of shipping.

In reply to EmperorLuffy

What do you need to consider it an argument or a convincing reason ? I lost count of the number of posts where people of this thread took time to explain to you their point of views. At this point, I could almost consider it as sealioning from you. It is one thing to disagree with arguments and another to acknowledge what an argument is.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33758636 - 1 month ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

No they have told us what their goal is calling back the gods.

Salem is a roadblock to that yes but the gods and relics are the real issue.

From my phone

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33758637 - 1 month ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

Except you are the one who denies everything and mutes the emotions.

You have been saying no just partners. And it's cool you see it that way but you so far haven't given any good reasons to see that way.

All of you have said is that it's partner while ignoring all the other people who are partners who don't react like jaune and Pyrrha do and that doesn't work at the end of the day.

From my phone

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758656 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to Velrak

Lol. I wasn't talking about you. Besides it's not like I was being literal. 99% is just a comical exaggeration of the amount of shippers I tend to run into. My point was theres always gonna be a degree of bias against my position in a thread meant to celebrate Pyrrha vs one guy who thinks she should stay dead. 

And it's cool you see it that way but you so far haven't given any good reasons to see that way.

Basic reasoning? There are plenty of explanations for his actions that don't involve romantic love. Hence theres no real need for me to jump to that conclusion. There is no reason to call it love when it's just as easily explainable by friendship, guilt, or his low self-esteem. 

• revanninja

#33758657 - 1 month ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

Except its not basic reasoning.

You have to ignore pretty much all the build up that has been happening in 3 volumes and ignore that no other partner pair acts that way nor even the rest of Pyrrha's team doesnt act that way.

In other words to reach that reasoning you need to ignore pretty much every moment they have had over 3 volumes to explain it as just friendship guilt or low self-esteem.

And that doesnt work. 

You have to cut out too much to fit it into such a simple explanation and doesnt really work considering the focus the later scenes clearly give it.

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758658 - 1 month ago

In reply to Velrak

Objective evidence that points to only one possible conclusion. Thats convincing evidence. 

And I'm not "demanding" it. Most of you have told me your point of view. All I've done is explain my own views and why I disagree with others.

Nobody's forcing you to give me evidence or anything. I'm just saying that currently I have no solid reason to claim Jaune's feelings for Pyrrha were solely romantic love and couldn't possibly be anything else. Even if I did believe that to be the case I would have no way of proving it to anyone else. 

• Velrak

Velrak

#33758673 - 1 month ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I usually understand when people are not being literal but not this time and it is largely due to the fact that I'm kind of sensitive to this kind of generalisation statements and also because I think the RWBY community is precisely too much labelled as just a shipping one these days. Not denying shippers are a thing but a large part of the fandom is not like this and I think it is important not to forget that.

I see your point about the bias thing but not sure I agree with it. Bias is unconscious by definition, you can become aware of it and reduce its influence by discussing with others and confronting arguments but how to be sure there isn't bias left even then ? Especially in a situation where there are not enough facts to draw a unique conclusion ? I think that again, it all comes down to interpretations but more importantly being aware that this remains interpretation. I know the point of view I gave to you is not the only one valid. We still lack one "objective evidence" as you put it. But what about the weight of the "elements" we got so far from Jaune ? I believe they are numerous and significant enough to support the assumption that he was in love (and still is) rather than supporting the contrary. We don't have a 100% probability but I say we have at least a 98% one. You say it is 0% because it is not 100%, it is kind of radical but I won't argue with that.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33758675 - 1 month ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

Basic reasoning? There are plenty of explanations for his actions that don't involve romantic love. Hence theres no real need for me to jump to that conclusion. There is no reason to call it love when it's just as easily explainable by friendship, guilt, or his low self-esteem. 

When it is just as easily explainable, then it is 50:50 or undecided, both options friendship and love would be equally valid/invalid. Shortcircuiting one option because you do not have definitive proof for it and then going 100% for another which has the same lack of proof is not logic.

In my opinion it is highly unlikely (5% or less) that the authors would not load a singleton event like the death of main protagonist with as much emotion as possible, thus I assume they intended love. Initiativewise it has a definitive list towards Pyrrha, so you may not know how deep it was, but there seems to be more emotion than mentor/comrade in arms would generate.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33758676 - 1 month ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

So how many people do you think that Jaune was driven to revenge his mentor when he attacked Cinder?

What would the authors be able to trade in for the lower emotional power in their narrative, if it was not love?

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758678 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain She was more than a mentor.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758767 - 4 weeks ago

I am officially 23 years old now.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33758775 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Happy Birthday!!!

• revanninja

#33758782 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Happy birthday Nick may you have many more.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758797 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja Thanks.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33758802 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Congratulations. Just had my 23rd too, a little over a week ago.

• acw28

acw28

#33758806 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Happy B-Day.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758811 - 4 weeks ago

Nick Potterfield If anyone is interested in checking out my youtube channel. I'm low on subscribers

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758860 - 3 weeks ago

I'm just hoping for volume 7 to give more Pyrrha stuff. And some things leading to bringing her back.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33758875 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi Well we may have to wait a bit longer, considering all that RT is dealing with right now.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33758881 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe What do you mean?

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33758889 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi The whole Crunch time they've been going through which also revealed that the employees were forced to do some chapters of rwby without pay or getting payed overtime as well.

That and the vic situation too.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33758891 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Waiting for RTX to maybe catch some infos about these two issues. I don't have really high hopes because I expect the CRWBY and RT in general to make sure no questions about it are asked especially during panels but you never know. People on the RT reddit have encouraged to use RTX as a way to get some answers regarding the crunch time situation. Maybe we will hear from them despite RT efforts. Maybe not. Will see.

• revanninja

#33758896 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Velrak

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Crunch time is not abnormal in this kind of industry all you have to do is look at Japans anime industry as its not unheard of for animators to sleep at their desks as an example.

The Pay issue is a major issue but some people were looking and in the state of texas there is some legal grounds to not pay them for the overtime. I dont know fully as I really havent looked into it beyond a little.

The big issue is RT was a small company that exploded in people. Back when RvB was their start point they werent more then a dozen or so people. Now they are easily in the hundreds.

They exploded and they took on more projects then they really can handle probably the reason why Chibi hasnt come back for example.

When Companies do this there is a LOT of growing pains as things get figured out and people try to balance the work vs the needs. Its ALWAYS a messy situation.

We have seen this as many of the animators for RWBY are also working on GenLock and that has to be causing issues.

I am disappointed this happened but I also know people are saying RT is going to be destroyed by this and I am just shaking my head no at them. Yes some serious changes are going to happen but its not the death toll for RT far from it and no despite what people say RT is not going to sell their IPs especially to shane. Shane doesnt even want to talk about his letter anymore for example he just tries to move on and not discuss it at all.

So all things considered its one of those things that shouldnt happen did happen and now needs to be fixed.