Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40321)

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33758899 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Velrak

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Waiting for RTX to maybe catch some infos about these two issues. I don't have really high hopes because I expect the CRWBY and RT in general to make sure no questions about it are asked especially during panels but you never know. People on the RT reddit have encouraged to use RTX as a way to get some answers regarding the crunch time situation. Maybe we will hear from them despite RT efforts. Maybe not. Will see.

Dude my Panel room at RTX has BOTH the 2D and 3D animators Panels and yeah this is one of the concerns for me.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33758901 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Well I was looking into this and here's some things of note.

-RT animation was dealing with the issues from top to bottom. 

People brought to light past tweets from Gray and Miles alluding to the crunch time, suggesting that they too were suffering from it as well. Makes sense as Miles is involved in so many projects and Gray was too PLUS being the head of the department for so long.

-They may have began addressing these issues before the reviews got attention. 

Seems by what Matt implied and some evidence elsewhere that they were at least already beginning to try and solve these problems, albeit slowly.

-Some of the accusations of lying to contractors can actually be attributed to inexperienced management.

This is more from what I've learned from talking to other animators about the hiring process a bit. One is the potential of being hired on full time when your contracts up. Many places will tell you that if you do good they MAY hire you full time IF there's an open position, so they do explain its not a sure thing. But they might also explain if they post for a fulltime employee and they find an application from a former contractor chances are good they will hire you as the company has worked with you before. So I wonder if maybe that might have been the idea with RT animation but the management was REALLY bad at getting that point across. 

• Velrak

Velrak

#33758903 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Here is one explanation of the legality of unpaid OT in the case of RT (after Whitman tweet).

Completely agree, the explosion of the compagny hasn't been handled properly (that is a common problem unfortunately). Now is the critical point, I want to believe RT is willing to face and resolve its problems (like Matt Hullum wrote) but it is disappointing they didn't realize it before. And the legal abuse of workers... I'm also disappointed that RT 100% used the legal side of things and completely ignore the moral side.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33758904 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to JROY

Great, if you manage to get some of their opinions on the matter this would be good.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33758905 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to JROY

The top to bottom is also my take away as well it seems to be everyone and just sounds to me like RT took on too many projects and didnt realize it till it all came crashing down. Which we know they have issues with this IE vol 5.

Yeah I saw the same thing on the addressing the issue as well.

Speaking from experience sometimes its hard to figure out a solution. Being aware of it doesnt always mean knowing how to fix it especially if its systematic.

It is VERY easy to imply something you dont mean especially when people get their hopes up about something. Also sometimes people think their work is a lot better then it really is so they may not realize their point of view on what is going on IE doing good work may not be actually as good as they think it is.

Also sometimes Management and Employees have VERY different views about things. And Management can be out of touch with reality of the situation.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33758906 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Velrak

They may have realized it before but figuring out a solution can be an issue especially if you are juggling a LOT.

They are company going Legal first is required. They are handling a LOT of employees and not all of them are effected by this depending on how this shakes out it could be bad for people if they are not careful.

• JROY

#33758908 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Velrak

Um no I will not, not why im there and Im goin to respect their privacy on the matter. However they want to address it is up to them.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33758909 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to JROY

Didn't phrase it properly sorry but of course, it is up to them.

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33758987 - 3 weeks ago

Cautious optimism of the day: Casey posted reaction photos after listening to the full version of Forever Fall today. She was teary eyed, but also smiling, the sort of thing you might expect at a wedding. 

Does it mean anything? No way to be sure, but luckily we don't have long to wait on that one since the soundtrack releases at the end of the week. In the meantime, it can be fuel for hope.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33758988 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to DrowVampyre

RWBY soundtracks have been amazing since day one, I'm going with strong optimism :)

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33758991 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Velrak

Lol, the soundtrack will be incredible I'm sure, but I mean specifically as it relates to a Pyrrha return

• revanninja

#33759005 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to DrowVampyre

In reply to Velrak

In reply to DrowVampyre

That is kind of interesting

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33759185 - 3 weeks ago

So, uh, if you haven't listened to Forever Fall yet, do it. Let's say things look good; it's a song from Pyrrha to Jaune made 3 seasons after her death, sung in present tense, including the lines "this is infinite, nothing, even death, could separate our souls, cause you're my final goal."

• JROY

#33759186 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to DrowVampyre

Is that a song in the v6 soubdtrack?

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33759187 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to JROY

It is, yeah

• JROY

#33759189 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to DrowVampyre

Yeah dont gave itunes so ill have to wait a bit.

• revanninja

#33759197 - 3 weeks ago

I didnt do this someone else did but I figured this would fit

Forever Fall lyrics

once, like a dream

you looked at me

and everything felt new

time slipped away

the past seemed to fade

my hope restored by you

and I know for some its temporary

like a shooting star soon out of view

but this will always be

it’s my desitny

to be in love with you

[chorus start]

some people fall in love for life

others never get it right

loves fickled when it calls

one thing that I know for sure

longer than our lives endure

you’re my forever fall

[chorus end]

your trust, honesty

helped me believe

a ray of hope shined through

you set me free

saw what the world couldnt see

I found my joy in you

every life is filled with passing moments

like the seasons change

they come and gbut this is infinite

nothing, even death

could separate our souls

‘cause you’re my final goal

[chorus]

These arent mine others are finding this and bringing it up

Forever Fall it plays in Volume 3 when Jaune holds Pyrrha's hand. Its a VERY unique sound track and when you hear the 2 of them yeah you can tell its one and the same.

Also notice in the intro to Vol 6 we see Salem standing in front of Ozpin's statue yet that never happens? But what does happen? Jaune stands in front of Pyrrha's statue.

Now my own thoughts.

This show cases how Pyrrha and Jaune are mirroring Salem and Ozpin but unlike them Jaune is getting it right. He isnt trying to revive Pyrrha through Selfish and dangerous methods like Salem did and is instead trying to embrace the dream Pyrrha left behind. 

If and More likely WHEN we see Pyrrha revived I dont think it will be Jaune's doing at all but I think we will see a lot of mirroring to Salem and Ozma but ultimately subverting their fate.

That is why I think the song goes out of its way to point out some people fall in love for life and others never get it right.

Ozma and Salem are in love for life but they cant get it right. 

I will NOT be surprised if Jaune does turn out to be the surviving Bloodline of Salem and Ozma. Jaune does have Salem's coloration and he does share a look to Ozma/ozpin as well as Salem's symbol in her father's tower looked a LOT like Jaune's family symbol.

And they as in Miles Kerry and Monty yes Monty have made it a point to say Jaune's double arc symbol is his FAMILY's symbol and not his personal symbol which is the bunny of Pumpkin pete. There is most likely a reason for that.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33759201 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

I think you nailed it ! The parallel between Salem/Ozma and Pyrrha/Jaune makes a lot of sense indeed (do we have a name for the Salem/Ozma ship ?). These two couples are linked through how they handle love.

Based on your analysis, maybe I'm getting too much ahead of myself but I would like to see some discussion between Oz and Jaune (we never really got one) maybe not necessarily about Pyrrha directly but love in general. I would like to see Oz opening himself more and share his current feelings towards Salem (everyone knows their history now thanks to Jinn) because I don't think we can assume he is no more in love with her simply because he showed his will to "destroy" her. Oz may still be struggling in his mission because of his feelings and Jaune could help him getting it right (or less wrong). Maybe Jaune could even help Salem accepting death. I could see a scene (not in V7 but way later) with Salem, Oz, Jaune and revived Pyrrha (by Salem). Jaune would tell Pyrrha he has always loved her and will forever love her but also that he accepted her death and she should return to the afterlife. This message would touch Salem and finally help her realizing the importance of life and death. And you never know, maybe the Gods would be around watching this and acknowledging how Salem finally learned. They would make her mortal again, Salem would finally die as well as Oz and Pyrrha would this time return for good to the afterlife. I really think there is a chance Jaune would play a major role in the resolution of the big plot.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33759203 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Velrak No, just no to the whole go back to the afterlife part. And besides i see this turning into more of us vs the gods then that outcome.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33759204 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

I will NOT be surprised if Jaune does turn out to be the surviving Bloodline of Salem and Ozma. Jaune does have Salem's coloration and he does share a look to Ozma/ozpin as well as Salem's symbol in her father's tower looked a LOT like Jaune's family symbol.

And they as in Miles Kerry and Monty yes Monty have made it a point to say Jaune's double arc symbol is his FAMILY's symbol and not his personal symbol which is the bunny of Pumpkin pete. There is most likely a reason for that.

I have to object.

(1) Unlikely that Ozma and Salem carried over Salem's father's heraldry into their happy times. Traditionally the husbands heraldry is kept and her father would not have been in high regard with the two of them and they had a full reset before starting their family.

(2) If Ozma's and Salem's daughters were able to get out of the fight alive, it is again unlikely that they kept the heraldry. Although it is total speculation where and how they continued their life, they cannot have stayed with Ozma, that would be a first rate cheat in Jinn's story, so foster families would be most likely and even when noble - other heraldry.

Moreover starting with 4 people and going through 30 generations with on average of 2 children per generation would leave a staggering 4 billion descendants on Remnant making any "bloodline" totally insignificant, because there are most likely far fewer people on Remnant. Although authors may not get this.

(3) Having an arc as a heraldic symbol in the arc family is not surprising. but there is no way to  get arc and hanging curve into consistency, maybe if you had an Inca cultural setting in the beginning.

If you want to load Jaune's family with content, you should go to the Great War, in which as far as I remember Jaune's grandfather played an important role. This is a space of time which does not inhibit repercussions into the present.

Jaune is a second rank main character, thus it is unlikely that he is tied in with the protagonists of the main world conflict.

• revanninja

#33759209 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

You can object all you want you are wrong.

Family lines for people born like Salem are SUPER important then there is also the idea of reclaiming and restoring to honor the family flag.

Its not uncommon. In fact MANY stories are wrote about it because its such a beloved dream.

We dont know anything about what happened so your argument? Completely and utterly bogus for all we know they survived and then made their own family no foster anything.

No its clear YOU dont get bloodlines as that assumes every line survived when Remnant shows it is VERY deadly. Also its not uncommon when people couldnt move easily like most ancient times they stayed in one place and were careful not to interbreed too much. It was for a LONG time people never left their town let alone really traveled.

So no the one not getting bloodlines and spread of genes is you as there are MILLIONS of factors that render that argument null.

No sorry but that is just a false argument on the symbol.

If you want to ignore the fact RWBY loves doing this has already done this before and is clearly showing Jaune and Pyrrha are mirroring Salem and Ozpin sure you can get that argument but since RWBY IS doing this that argument makes no really sense and is clearly limiting things just for the SAKE of it instead of any real argument.

• revanninja

#33759211 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

In reply to Velrak

I got to agree with User.

I also see it becoming more us vs the gods. As for Pyrrha returning to the afterlife that would be a HORRIBLE choice. A fanfic did that where it revived Pyrrha had a complex story line then made it so the Maidens were tied to this ancient world and to finally sever the tie they had to die.

People HATED that and did not like it.

Its ultimately cruel to bring her back give us the possibility to have her back and then to go no die again. Sorry that REALLY doesnt work and is just a giant waste.

A far better idea is Have Pyrrha revived by Salem or someone like that forcing her into being evil and the few times showing she is in there fighting and trying. Jaune takes it upon himself to end her because its Pyrrha and she would HATE what is happening to her. Jaune finally gets her down and is going for the killing blow and he just can not DO IT.

He breaks down crying over the cruelty of it confessing he loves her and he just cant bring himself to kill her even though he knows he should  that she even would want him to stop her.

Pyrrha gets one of those rare times where she regains control and reaches up and kisses him which he returns as they kiss his aura goes crazy flashing and pulsing before Pyrrha's aura starts doing the same thing.

An explosion of light and energy and both of them are collapsed with the signs of evil Pyrrha washing away as the part of her that Pyrrha used to awaken Jaune's aura burns out the corruption with the aid of Jaune's aura.

There should be CONSEQUENCES of this of course but ultimately Pyrrha would be alive.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33759215 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja Well she's been dead for about a year now and everyone has changed so much so that's bound to cause her to go through a crisis and also the fact that she failed in what she believed was her destiny as a huntress to protect the people only to fall and allow the world to fall into chaos would cause some issues too.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33759217 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Do you really believe that Salem and Ozxxx continued to use Salem's father's crest when they reunited in her hut or during their raise to power?

Do you really believe, that their daughters carried it on if they survived?

Draw an emblem for a family called "Arc" from scratch. What do you think, it will look like?

• BakedBrain

#33759218 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Now to the bloodlines. If we apply logic, then magic would be inheritary and recessive. If it was dominant all descendants would be magic users and in consequence superior marriage material, magic would spread through the population like wildfire, so it has to be recessive, or we have proof that all four daughters died without offspring and thus no bloodline to care about.

If it is recessive ...

The first generation of offspring of magic users would be again magic users because they inherit magic from both sides (assuming that the original magic users have magic on both their DNA strands.

The second generation will consist entirely of non-magic users (the sisters have to pick partners from non-magic users). Only when the magic capability strands cross again will there be another magic user. Considering 30 generations this would be total random and still extremely rare.

Reproduction has to be at the very least 2 reproducing descendants per generation on average or the population will shrink.

If you start in one village and nobody partners with the outside world, after 30 generations of inbreeding they will be all dead - no bloodline to care about. But in reality this is not what would be happening, people from neighbouring villages would be drawn in intentionally to avoid this scenario. So there would be no geofencing.