Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40409)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33760094 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

In reply to Dinobot01

It depends on how rare Jaune's semblance is as we see with Blake Cole and Sun you can have like Semblances even if they work slightly differently.

Also it depends on what she wants with the semblances is in the first place depending on it might actually work against her then for her depending on the purpose of collecting in the first place.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760095 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Well, it must be rare, considering he has so much Aura that he has the ability to give it to others

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33760097 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Dinobot01

No that is you assuming its rare. It may not be at all.

Jaune having a lot of Aura is not the same as his semblance its 2 different things.

Yes having a lot of Aura makes the use of his Semblance easier but is not a requirement.

Take Magi which for Djinn warriors the amount of Magoi makes it easier but one Alex can only do a full equip for about a minute due to being half red lion and as a result VERY low magoi. He has learned and adapted to his limits and is able to punch through over a dozen city wide and POWERFUL magic barriers in a single instant. Because he learned to use his limited Magoi and his abilities to their limits.

His Large amounts of Aura makes the semblance MUCH easier to use but is not a requirement nor does that mean its rare.

Currently we dont know how rare certain semblance types are outside of Emeralds which seeing as no one seemed to think it was on the table suggests that type of Semblance IS rare.

Considering no one mentions how special it is its VERY possible its not an uncommon Semblance to have.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33760102 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to Dinobot01

What does "rare" even mean when we're talking about Semblances? We know they probably don't have a strong genetic component because the Schnee Semblance is notable for being hereditary. Thus nearly every Semblance is essentially generated at random from what appears to be an almost limitless pool of possibilities, and so following that line I'd say we can safely assume every Semblance currently active in Remnant is unique until proven otherwise. They don't even seem to have any kind of terminology to denote general similarities in Semblances, which suggests that there's so much variation and so few Semblances relative to the total population that no one has felt the need or urge to create even simple categorizations. Thus I doubt it would occur to Salem or her lackeys to factor rarity into evaluating whether or not they want someone, since based on what we've seen the odds that they'll encounter anything similar currently seem to be extremely long. 

If you think about it, given the apparent diversity of Semblances, it's slightly surprising no one commented on the fact that there were three self-cloners all competing in the Vytal Tournament.

• revanninja

#33760106 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

The fact they dont comment on 3 people with like semblances suggests to me some stuff is most likely more common then we realize.

Also thinking on it Jaune isnt unique CoCo has a like semblance.

CoCo has the power to enhance Dust she uses it to make her Bullets go faster and hit harder but it works on a similar concept as Jaunes does. 

So most likely this is a case where the need for such terminology or categorization is not needed. As while we see examples of people having like semblances easily enough due to being able to compare the average person or Huntsman is not in a like position so they may not realize how common semblance types are simply because of how not easy it is to compare one semblance to another. 

Because outside of the festival or school Huntsman being able to interact and see each others semblance enough to draw such a compare must be rare due to how the Huntsman system works from what we have seen.

Basically semblances might have more commanility then people realize but they arent in a position to observe and realize it especially as Ironwood points out they really havent scientifically worked on Aura until recently.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760107 - 3 weeks ago

Once they finally reunite Pyrrha with everyone. I'm hoping for a beautiful and heart warming moment with her and Jaune.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33760109 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi Or a heart wrenching encounter when she turn's hostile due to being spiritually and mentally broken and remolded into an agent of salem, woman's gotta make them kidnapped folks obey her somehow. I'm just saying, it could happen.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760110 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe They could still have a heartwarming moment after all of that.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760111 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Actually it does not matter, if it is rare, it is incredible useful. Having a Jaune for every other hunter who can use his/her semblance while stationary would not be too much.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760112 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

"... and the prototype product of the machine is competing in the Vytal tournament just now - ooops I forgot to tell you, Ozpin, no offense intended"

That's a little bit speculation on my side, but it fits the scenario. You do not have to spill out classified information, to reinforce a claim that has already been accepted. Is anyone in the group forwarding any doubts concerning the chances of success? The weakest you get is a "believe" which I would set at at least 70% chance of success.

There is no doubt and to get around that, you can pull 

(1) group dynamics (because it would be so convenient to work, they believe it and reinforce each other in their beliief. like a group of moron mountaineers seeing dark clouds gathering but marching on to the summit stating repeatedly that they will make it). Narrativewise that should lead to something bad happening because of proceeding, which it wasn't.

(2) cheating Pyrrha by omitting important information, like that the chances in general are not on  the level of "we can", but rather on "we try". This should result in them being busted and punished (at least them who know better), did also not happen (at least until now)

(3) The machine is decoration for Pyrrha's conflict and it simply does not matter if it works or not, because the writers do know that the process will be interrupted. As such it will never be brought up again, holds until now

(4) The machine is a decoy to divert attention from something more important (like Vernal flapping arms, while not showing flame eyes). I have no idea what the hidden thing could be.

It is higly unlikely that you would try something with shit chances of success (e.g. 20%) on such a valuable "ressource" as a maiden. There is no talk about "theoretically", "will it work at all", "enumeration of possible outcomes" - before the "occupied" problem.

This is just my opinion, but having two methods of aura transfer would be a little bit decadent, what would be the point of "Aura transferred but not with this machine but with magic, another machine or a semblance".

You have a machine which is described as being able to transfer aura. There is no explicit doubt about this capability. The description heavily hints that the original target was "something" in contrast to "someone". The machine was designed in Atlas.

You have a robot with an Aura from Atlas.

This is almost a hint orgy, which in fiction often means indeed decoy.

• BakedBrain

#33760114 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

The estimate of the chance of success derived from the sentences of the dialogue is from me. There is no piece of conversation implying that the machine might not work at all. It would actually be reassuring for Pyrrha if the elaborated on "maybe nothing at all happen". She would have put in the valiant effort in that case without suffering the effects of an actual success.

I am not sure that Volume 7 will provide the clues, but it is highly likely. Otherwise you would have to transfer the involved characters who originate in Atlas to somewhere else or revisit Atlas. The first condition would be that the machine was more than decoration, if that is true, you have to solve and then Atlas is the obvious location.

I am just guessing the authors. I do not know if a particular event is a genuine hint, a decoy or mere decoration.

• revanninja

#33760115 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

You are flat out wrong.

Ozpin:  You have an important decision before you, Miss Nikos. There's no guarantee this transfer will work. And there's no telling if you will be the same person if it does. I advise you to take time on this matter. But understand that before the Vytal Festival is over, we will need your answer.

Lets repeat that there is no guarantee this transfer will work.

That is 100% without question flat out saying there is a chance the machine might not work at all.

So no you are wrong and provably so. All your numbers everything you base this on is you giving a meaning to it the script and everyday language use does not give and then expanding from there in a way that is clearly not at all backed up by the show. 

You give believe a 70% chance of success despite that is never something anyone gives it. Believe just means its on the table that could be 1/4 of a chance or 1/8 and so on. When something hits 70% that is a pretty strong indicator it will work as you apporaching 3/4 chance and this MUCH stronger then just a mere believe.

Its very clear they had their backs to a wall with a situation they had no idea how it would work so they took desperate gambles to gain at least some control. They werent sure it would work had zero idea if it would or not but they had to try something.

Its called Atlas needing more then one volume to cover everything.

• BakedBrain

#33760118 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

I think it is unlikely that there will be another opportunity to transfer to an occupied target and I attribute the complications to this special circumstances "We do not know what it will do to you".

But I am rather sure that Penny's origin will be handled in volume 7. Especially the question if she is entirely artificial or if she was created by a transfer (I go with transfer). And if it was a transfer, then I go with the machine.

If their stay at Atlas is distributed across more than one volume, reveals may be postponed to 8. But I would assume that they do Penny, Faunus/Schnee, attack on Atlas and that is doable in one season.

• revanninja

#33760122 - 3 weeks ago

Okay for some odd reason I can't use reply.

I wouldn't be sure rwby has a tendency to drop something then pick it up later.

I don't think she will be as that is something you tease out and I am personally thinking it's an AI bringing up questions on what is a soul since clearly rwby is Fielding like questions already.

There is no faunus schnee thing it's more Weiss vs Jacques and miles has already confirmed it's likely to be more schnee then anything as he mentioned THIRSTY mom's. Aka Mrs schnee.

From my phone

• acw28

acw28

#33760156 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

...I'm going to need some context for that last line. Is Mrs. Schnee thirsty as in drinking a lot of wine, or is she openly having an affair (something Jacques won't mention due to not wanting to damage the family name)?

• revanninja

#33760159 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to acw28

Context

Real Thirsty Moms

So chances are good we are going to get a Mrs. Robinson on our hands and I am going to LAUGH if its either Qrow or Jaune.

• acw28

acw28

#33760161 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

...I fear for everyone's safety if she makes a pass at Ren...Nora would be very angry...

• revanninja

#33760162 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to acw28

We do not speak of the Noragendon

If she made a pass at Jaune Pyrrha would literally rewill herself back just to smack her.

I really hope its Jaune just because the amount of uh what that will go through Weiss's head seeing her mother openly flirt with Jaune is going to be priceless. The fact Miles thought of this and so quickly makes me think it is going to be Jaune.

• acw28

acw28

#33760172 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Hmm, so this is interesting.

I'm sure someone has already spotted this, but might as well continue the conspiracy theory. So in an effort to find the mentions of the "Thirsty Moms" in the next volume, I looked at Mile's twitter. Back on the 17th he retweeted one of Jen's tweets, which of itself was Miles saying he was open to doing cons. Here's the interesting part, Jen said "Arkos is ready for conventions" and "we're ready to heal/break some hearts", then she tagged it with Arkos. I know it's just advertising for events, but again it's strange that the company constantly reminds the audience of the pairing, and by extension the character. Yes Pyrrha's story had a tragic turn, but that's not exclusive to her. Harry Potter's parents died before the series began, but aside from one extended flashback there's never really any relevant mention of either James or Lily and neither plays that big an impact on the overall plot. Scorpion lost his entire family, but aside from a mention in his origin/intro dialogue NetherRealm (holy shit, that just autocorrected for the uppercase r!) Studios doesn't mention Hanzo's wife or son. I would also highlight some examples from comics/films based on comics, but given how frequently characters return from the dead in that medium I feel like it would complicate my point.

Said point is that I find it suspicious that RT continues to remind the audience of Pyrrha. Whether it be in the actual show (her being mentioned at least once a Volume or featuring a character that looks extremely like here) to the merchandise (shirts, pins, hoodies and more made after her death, seriously only the main four, Nora and Jaune have more merch than the Spartan) to how the VAs are acting just makes me raise an eyebrow every now and again.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760173 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to acw28 I'm just hoping that the "Ready for conventions" thing is nothing bad for us. And that the "ready to heal/break some hearts" thing is nothing bad either. Hopefully it leads to her coming back.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33760175 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi i think the break hearts parts is her reveal as a villain henceforth in the series.

Because what's more heartbreaking then a beloved heroic character becoming a villain?

• revanninja

#33760177 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to acw28

That is one of the very interesting things that they keep doing this and something we have talked about before.

I have said before when you kill a character generally you dont do this unless something is fishy. Generally when you kill a character and they are done you have an emotionally charged scene and reflection on it and you firmly mark the characters as moving on.

They havent done that.

The closest we got was with RHW 3 whole volumes later and with so many odd things it sticks out like a giant sore thumb. So much so everyone thinks its weird which ruins the closing it firmly. It looks less like a close and more a tease.

• DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

#33760180 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Don't forget that several episodes after the RHW scene there's another reference to her, too, and from a villain no less.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760186 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe If that happens, hopefully she's brought back tothe good  side.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33760187 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to DrowVampyre Wait, what?  confused