Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40472)

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33760188 - 1 month ago

In reply to NickPotterfi yeah, but not for a while. i mean considering RT's track record in the past that's kinda expected to happen.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33760191 - 1 month ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

In reply to DrowVampyre

Yeah Drow has the right of it

In the finale of Vol 6 its when Cinder and Neo are looking over their stolen Airship

Cinder: You know, Neo, someone once asked me if I believed in destiny.

The two of them board the airship.

Cinder: And I'm happy to say I still do.

It is a VERY odd thing to bring up especially because Destiny is something no one else talks about.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33760192 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja oh yeah, i forgot about that part.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33760194 - 1 month ago

I have said this before and I will say it again the way they have handled Pyrrha if they meant to kill her off and make it final is very weird.

But its not weird if they are planning to do something with her and just havent gotten to the point.

We know RWBY has this tendency to lay something out and then we dont figure it out until MUCH later but when we do and look back a lot of things that slipped our notice suddenly stand out and make a ton of sense.

Raven is a really good example of this as all the little tells that make total sense in hindsight at the time really didnt give it away due to how they were presented.

It was until we got the final piece did they take on new meaning.

I think the same is going on with Pyrrha.

Keep in mind originally RWBY was roughly going to be only 7 volumes but has expanded past that by this time. 

So some stuff that would be simple short things are instead being dragged out because the original timeline they were designed for is no longer in effect. 

We know they put a LOT of effort into RWBY you dont get all the little details that line up as often as happens in RWBY without that effort.

So I am thinking very much so they are up to something but just havent hit the point they need to hammer it home.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33760195 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

I was looking at Kerry's profile the other day to see if he uploaded the RTX RWBY panel (no by the way but it doesn't matter any more now) and I came accross his statement from last December where he basically explained what should be expected for the coming year.

Here is one of his statement:

RWBY will return on December 29th with Chapter 9 for FIRST members like nothing bad ever happened

And we all know what we got in this Chapter.

So yeah, I believe they (writers and VAs) like to tease us about Pyrrha and back it up. So... all this "recent" stuff about Pyrrha, I don't think it is just to remind us "hey Arkos is still broken you know, please cry" or "please buy our Pyrrha related stuff" (well maybe there is a little bit about that last one but I want to believe it is not just that).

• revanninja

#33760196 - 1 month ago

In reply to Velrak

The thing is even the Pyrrha stuff can only go so far as she has been gone for now 4 volumes as far as we know. So they have to know there is a limit to what they can expect in return sales unless they know its a gamble that will pay off later when they do something.

Kind of like for example ramping up production on a Model from a game when you know you are doing an HD update ala Metal Wolf Chaos XD or FFVII remake.

So I do agree something is up because they have made it a point to produce a new Pyrrha merch every season from what I recall.

We had Pumpkin pete for vol 6 and Vol 5 I think had the symbols being made and I forgot what it was for 4 but I am pretty sure there was something.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33760197 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja i thought the cereal came out for volume 5? also didn't the doll with the badly designed face pop out too?

• revanninja

#33760198 - 1 month ago

No if I recall correctly the cereal was between vol 5 and 6. The great one came out after vol 4 but people were not happy with the face so they renamed it the great one and went from there so it spread over 2 volumes if I recall right.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760200 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to acw28
    Context

Real Thirsty Moms

So chances are good we are going to get a Mrs. Robinson on our hands and I am going to LAUGH if its either Qrow or Jaune.

In this scenario I put 80+% on Qrow. because Jaune cannot deploy anything near a mother-daughter competeship/jealousy fight. And Weiss is already preloaded with drunk guy attacking my beloved sister, add to that "and seducing my mother" (she would see it this way regardless of origin of initiative) and you get much more power in this realm too. Ruby in return would also get more bad impressions of the Schnee family, in addition to haughty bitch a drunk mom going for her uncle.

Would also make sense when close relatives go for the same type of man.

• revanninja

#33760201 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain

I am going to call BS on that. You just choose to see it that way when Jaune and Weiss having issues is something already pushed forward and would be pretty funny with Weiss rejecting him only for her mother to be like hello big boy.

Also you assume she is haughty when we know almost nothing about her.

Right now speculating on it as this is % chance more likely is just a waste of time since the largest factor Mrs. Schnee is a complete and utter unknown at this point and time. Very had to say X has this % chance when you dont even know the variables.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33760202 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to BakedBrain

What intringues me the most is that he said MomS. Mrs. Schnee 99,99% sure but if we should have another one, who could it be ? I really don't see. Raven makes no sense for that, Summer neither, we are not supposed to hear from Khali so... Jaune's mother ? (in Atlas for whatever reason)

Or it will be someone new.

• revanninja

#33760203 - 1 month ago

In reply to Velrak

Well Raven could be thirsty for Tai and Tai like woman you left me and our baby daughter we are not netflix and chilling.

It being Jaune's mom seems weird but we know nothing about her so it could be true I mean she DOES have 8 children after all. 

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760206 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Messing around with mom is not appreciated

Play

• revanninja

#33760209 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Clearly Misaka is a prime example being a tsundere in the highest order.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760211 - 1 month ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe I do not want to have her back just to be killed again. I want her back for good.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33760221 - 1 month ago

In reply to NickPotterfi i mean like what they did to agent Washington in red vs blue recreation and revelation.

• BakedBrain

#33760224 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Humorous romance is more fun, when you drag more characters in. Jaune is currently a dead end romancewise, unless ...

... they would use this scenario to push WhiteKnight, then they would have basically the same setup as with Qrow. Mother-daughter competeship, similar traits in relatives.

• revanninja

#33760225 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain

I don't really agree at all and no I don't think whiteknight since the original reason it came about was a last minute wouldn't this be funny from what miles has said. Jaune attraction to Weiss was not an intended thing.

Instead I think they are not aiming for anything and instead going with the amusement of an older woman very much into and desiring jaune who is not comfortable for a variety of reasons chief among them being Weiss mom.

Aka Mrs Robinson situation.

I don't think it's meant to be anything more then just funny haha.

From my phone

• BakedBrain

#33760226 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Almost a consensus (WhiteKnight unlikely, authors going for laughs), that is exactly the reason, why I put the rest, including Jaune at just 20%. If you draw in the jealousy aspect (with Qrow), you will have more opportunity for laughs.

Without Mikoto involved, the whole Misuzu drunk rampage would have had far less impact, or you just would not get the scene which I linked. And neither did Misuzu go after Touma in a persistent way, nor did he show any signs of yielding, but he was zapped anyway.

If the authors felt the need to tease for this scenario, they should definitely involve more than two people with real stakes in the matter. Just poking fun out of elderly women going after young men and being just bounced off without any spillover to other characters would be rather lame.

If the authors want to go for more romance comedy, then they have to build a hub with a crowd of characters with different positions, behaviour etc. Like it is done in Toaru or Baka to test. Two separate one on ones just is neither effective nor efficient.

If age difference (at the very least 20 years) was not on top, but Weiss, you would already have half the WhiteKnight. I would go for "appeal to me" first (and that would be it already), then some bothersome relations into my surroundings.

• revanninja

#33760234 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Yeah your % again created out of nothing but your own desires and pretty false seeing as we dont know the variables.

Considering Mikoto does those rampages normally your argument is hollow that is why I pointed out Misaka is a tsundere of the highest order. She had a rampage over whose sandwhich was whose simply because of her feelings in regards to Touma. Mikoto time and time again Zaps Touma for almost no reason partially because she knows she can and he wont be hurt and partially because she has no idea how to handle her emotions. It being her mom was actually not important.

You think its lame but we havent even seen what they are planning the literaly lay out you gave has a LOT of fonder for jokes and interest there is a whole sub genre the Mrs. Robinson that shows this. There is a reason why a movie all about this coined the phrase.

They arent going after romance comedy that is the issue they are just going after comedy from what I can tell. Older woman thirsty after younger male is a simple comedy routine without needing any real romance and can easily bleed into something more tragic.

For example we have Mrs. Schnee going after Jaune who is wildly uncomfortable with the situation but putting up with it due to Weiss. Then we see a scene where we find out just how lonely and heart broken she is. Like she Really thought Jacques was the love of her life and to find out he only married her for her money and name? Broke her.

Comedy that blends into the plot and tragedy of the broken home of Schnee.

Really easy.

• BakedBrain

#33760245 - 1 month ago

A phone grab and subsequent search is not that interesting if nothing is found. It is interesting if the tsundere finds out that her crush has stored her mother's number but not her own. Immediate punishment with a specific reason. I do not say, that you cannot operate a tsundere as standalone, but the narrative potential is far higher if she is operating in a network.

The distinguishing factor of Toaru is not that there is a tsundere and not even that she has rivals (that is some standard Harem-setup). The distinguishing factor is the number of characters outside of the harem setup who have interests in the harem's members. Both main rivals each have another character attached who would/could act as a rival to the haremmaster, a total submarine (Stiyl) on Index and a lesbian stalker (Koroku) on Mikoto. Koroku was very much attracted to Mikoto's mother whose phone number is stored (by accident) on the haremmaster's phone. Mikoto also has this clone horde in which Kuroko would be very much interested but hides it from her. Mikoto has busted herself before her friends and they are taunting and pushing her at the same time. And a certain Accelerator has an informal family made up of Mikoto clones.

With this network the author can generate a wide variety of scenes of interesting dynamics.

Like this: Play

Are you really suggesting that Jaune could go along with an affair of whatever depth with Weiss' mother although he does not want to. Just to please Weiss. That would be a full WhiteKnight, although rather twisted. And "Jacques made us do it" as the solution?

We have different tastes, obviously.

• revanninja

#33760247 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain

No that isnt what I was saying at all. But nice read into something I didnt imply say or even hint Baked.

Not even close and how you even got to that idea is Baffling since I was just saying Mrs. Schnee was pushing it like using Index Kuroko and her advances on Mikoto that Jaune is not comfortable with but really cant escape. 

How you got your idea from that I have no clue as it was pretty clearly laid out.

All of this actually misses the point by Miles. The big issue with Mikoto is she flat out cant be honest about her feelings and Toma who due to Index's issue cant remember and is not on the same footing with everyone. So he often doesnt know how to act and that compounds a lot of characters issues who knew him from before. He has to act like he knows these people when he has no clue and that means at times he is all over the place.

And no none of those characters can ever be rivals to Toma that is made super clear or is the fact Mikoto REALLY doesnt like how Kuroko acts in her pervy mode not made super clear?

Or the fact more or less Mikoto keeps putting herself into these positions.

At this point in time baked let us stop because its clear we are not going to agree and I dont feel like doing the baked round about again and again.

• BakedBrain

#33760249 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Maybe you should bother reading the summary of the plot of The Graduate.

Your Mrs. Robinson is actually a three person scenario, a mother-daughter love triangle with a young man to be more precise. So thank you for providing more ammunition for my prediction.

The point I am trying to make is that you can simply build a more interesting story, if you involve more people and it does not matter if their relations are one-sided or asymetric. Mikoto and Index fight for Touma's attention, but they gang up on him when trying to extract knowledge about his actions or when they try to get him out of trouble. Stiyl secretly loves Index, but keeps quiet because he wants Index to be happy above all else. Mikoto attacks Touma to suppress/hide her feelings towards him. Kuroko being bounced by Mikoto attacks Touma to sabotage "Mikoto x Touma", and pushes "Touma x Index", she also goes for Mikoto's mother because of similarity, said mother's number is stored on Touma's phone. Saten pushes "Mikoto x Touma". The Amakusa group pushes "Itsuwa x Touma". One of Mikoto's clones managed to extract a piece of jewelry out of Touma which in turn drove Mikoto mad. And there are already narrative reserves deployed, Kuroko does not know about the clones. Meanwhile Touma is going Zen-master and ignores everything.

This complexity is much more fun  than to have an elderly drunk woman bounce off a teenager.

At least we should have consensus that the actual view of the authors will be revealed in V7.

I predict at least 3 people involved, Qrow is the target. The attack will seem serious at least to the rival, which would be Winter. Reserve option Jaune is the target, Weiss is the rival, to drive WhiteKnight.

And I know that I may be totally wrong, they could introduce even a completely new character.

• revanninja

#33760251 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Having actually you know watched the movie  and not read a summary it really doesnt work that way at all.

But thank you for not bothering to look ask and just assume I dont know the movie despite BRINGING IT UP. In the future if someone is the one to bring something up its generally a good idea to not assume they are unaware of the very thing they bring up. 

It really doesnt work like you think it does at all and that is me speaking as someone who has watched the movie.

It doesnt give you anything actually. It works against you but since you havent watched it you dont realize it. Since the interaction of Mrs. Robinson drives the whole thing not her daughter. And there is serious undertones that the daughter interaction is not a real thing as at the end he breaks up her wedding to spirit her away and then while on the bus they are riding instead of being close they are separate and this clear distance between them something my film teacher actually brought up when we watch it for a class.

So let me tell you without question no The graduate and the Mrs. Robinson situation doesnt work like you think it does.

No you THINK it will build a more interesting story. No more no less.

Having seen most of index read the series if you think that is the only thing going on no wonder you think its a drunk woman bouncing off a teenager.

And no on your understanding of Index by the way as someone who has read both the LNs and the anime its really clear its not at all like you think it is. Touma is not Zen master at all the LN makes it super clear he does in fact pay attention but for a long time his memory lose makes him not act on it because he doesnt know all the history and Touma is a good guy. And the relationships are more complex then you realize and less romance then you think.

Its pretty clear you are just grasping at this point because you ignore just how much fodder there is in fact with just Mrs. Schnee bouncing off Jaune and there being more then you give credit for like ALWAYS.

Also Mrs, Schnee is not elderly as far as we know. Elderly means a certain age range that is not at all present as far as we know. Maria is Elderly Mrs. Schnee would be considered Mature.

No they arent going for whiteknight because it was never meant to be anything. You forget the original creation of it was a joke they cobbled together last second. And they have made zero moves to really push it.

Its pretty clear Baked you are doing the thing you do where you just want to argue and I want no part in it.

I have seen the Graduate and A Certain Magical Index and disagree with your understanding of them.

Now I am done arguing with you Baked time to let it go like we BOTH should have done several messages ago.