Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40472)

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760687 - 1 month ago

In reply to JROY

Having something to do with her mom's alcoholism would serve as a motive for both alternatives (B) and (C). Unless he is actually the reason why her mom started drinking by providing a bad example or otherwise which would indeed be a completely new option although I would book it as unlikely.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33760692 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain the reason her mom started drinking is because of Jacque, not qrow. 

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33760699 - 1 month ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

We don't know that. We assume that's what happened because Jacques is a horrible human being who needs to be usurped by one of his daughters and then live to a ripe old age knowing his entire life will amount to little more than a footnote in someone else's story, but it's never been outright stated and if there's one thing we know about RT stories it's to be very careful about making assumptions that we've been led to but haven't been outright told.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760700 - 1 month ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

In my opinion the scenario "Qrow is responsible for Mrs. Schnee's alcoholism" is unlikely, even more so if intent on his side was involved. This would be a major change of the reception of this character almost like learning at the same time that the SDC is providing free lunch too happy employees working in well maintained mines and receiving 20 days of paid vacation.

Although we have no positive proof, it seems safe to assume that Jacques drove his wife into alcoholism, exploited his workforce and alienated his daughters with cold, haughty and overly strict behaviour.

But it is just fun exploring other scenarios, even if more on the hypothetical side.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33760701 - 1 month ago

Actually we do know.

Vol 5 Episode 8

Her mother and Father got into it and Jacques admitted he only Married Mrs. Schnee for the family name. Which that broke her from what Weiss said.

A glass of wine here and then there and it progressed to Bottles of wine. Weiss doesnt go on but considering when she and Whitely meet in vol 4 he says Mother is drinking in the garden and neither acts like its surprising that says a lot.

The show does tell us it doesnt flat out say Mrs. Schnee is an alcoholic but it gives us a LOT of information that we can easily pull together and see that Jacques did in fact drive his wife into the bottle.

I wonder if Jacques ever regrets it?

The show tells us a lot the issue is we are talking about 6 volumes worth of material so its very easy for stuff to slip through the cracks and be forgotten about.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33760704 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

Ah, my bad. Yeah, that's pretty obviously tacit confirmation. I really need to sit down and just binge my way through the whole series again, it's been too long since I just watched it all start-to-finish.

Honestly, I doubt he regrets it. He clearly checks off four of the five boxes on TV Tropes' list of  "Sociopath" traits and possibly all five depending on what exactly he gets from running the SDC, so I doubt he ever feels much remorse over anything he does.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33760706 - 1 month ago

I need to do that myself I just recalled the birthday thing since before that I wasn't sure she was one as drinking could have applied to tea and this shot that idea down.

I think on some level he does care. He does listen to Weiss sing and he did get her from beacon personally.

He is just excuse my French a massive asshole.

So I think we are going to see some glimmers of he does love his family but he is so self centered it ruins it.

From my phone

• acw28

acw28

#33760708 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

I think I agree with Ace on this one. As far as watching his daughter sing, it's good PR for the company (wasn't the whole concert in Volume 4 just a charity thing, and Jacque pressured Weiss into preforming to show the family was "just as strong as ever" and to "make a lot of people happy").

Jacques is an asshole, but he's one more concerned about turning a profit than a possible war. It'll certainly be interesting once Weiss' friends meet him, especially if they were told about the slap (which I doubt was a one time thing).

• revanninja

#33760710 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to acw28

Actually based on how Weiss reacts and how Jacques reacts it does look like the slap was the first one it was an extremely charged argument with weiss basically telling Jacques his life's work was nothing so it was probably a breaking point to be honest.. That said since he did it once I think its likely he might do it again.

Like dont get me wrong Jacques is an A-hole in the extreme but at that moment Weiss ALSO crossed a line. 

The thing is that it can be BOTH a PR thing and Jacques doing something he thinks his daughter likes. Weiss herself makes it clear her mother after 10 distanced herself saying it was separate recital seats and then it dropped off while Jacques does still seem to come to them when he can.

The thing to keep in mind Jacques can be an EVIL A-hole who is clearly thinking of profit while also having some shreds of love for his daughter.

It transforms him from evil greedy business man with no heart to a still evil greedy business man who does have something beating in his chest.

I hope they make him a little more complex then we have seen so far. That Jacques is evil greedy and so on but on some level he DOES love his family he just has no idea how to show it in anything remotely like a good way and his own schemes and behaviors make it so the few times he tries come across as not legit.

Jacques can be everything people accuse him of and still on some level love and care for his family. We have seen with Salem love doesnt always mean good. So it can even play into her story with her all consuming love vs his indifferent love overshadow by his ego.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760766 - 3 weeks ago

Has anyone heard from Jianju at all? Because I haven't. heard from her in a while.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33760767 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

She actually just posted on RWBY fan discussions forum.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760781 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to JROY Which one? There is literally a bunch of them.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760783 - 3 weeks ago

When Dinobot tries to make it sound like Pyrrha is not the reason for Jaune's recent actions, it pisses me off.I know Dinobot wants WhiteKnight. But that was earlier in volume 1-2. Jaune is obviously over Weiss and just wants to be friends with her. I would also appriciate it if he wouldn't try to make it sound like Jaune's recent actions are not about Pyrrha. That would make the Arkos moments be leading to nothing and it would make Pyrrha look like a placeholder holding the spot for Weiss. Which is something that I do not want. First crush does not equal future pairing. Also I don't want Pyrrha being a spot holder or a stand in. And there is still Neptune.

So I am not giving up and Arkos.

And I am hoping that Jaune doesn't let go of Pyrrha. For me, and a bunch of others, Arkos is the best Jaune pairing. That is one of the reasons I want her back.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760800 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

I'm NOT against Pyrrha coming back. I never was and never will be against her coming back. If Pyrrha does come back, then GREAT!! I'd love for her to come back!! Arkos was my favorite shipping. I'm just keeping an open mind. I'm just keeping the possibility of her not coming back. If White Knight doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen. I won't be angry about it. I miss Pyrrha. That scene in the last season at the statue made me tear up. I'm just keeping an open mind, that's all. I don't mean to upset anyone

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760811 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Dinobot01 Okay. I just get bothered when people try to make it sound like Jaune is letting her go. Because to me, that hurts the reasons and chances for her to come back. I also get bothered when people try to make it sound like Jaune's recent actions were not about Pyrrha when the clearly are. I understand if that's not what you try to do, but it just seems that way.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760812 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi 

I'm sorry if I mislead you. I truly do want Pyrrha to come pack. I'm just keeping an open mind. If she doesn't come back, then I want the White Knight shipping. If she does come back, then I'm full on Arkos. I would love to see her come back, but it's up to RT to decide if she does

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760814 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Dinobot01 And I am hoping and praying that they do bring her back. Because they would be making a big mistake if they don't. I want to believe that they are better than that. I'm just trying to keep having faith that they will.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33760818 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi Considering the recent choices they've made over this year, i'm currently distrustful of them for bending the knee like yale.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33760828 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe But there are chances that they will bring her back. 

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33760833 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi perhaps, but i'm still not gonna trust them 100% to hold up to that.

• Wits

Wits FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760850 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

I just get bothered when people try to make it sound like Jaune is letting her go. Because to me, that hurts the reasons and chances for her to come back.

I disagree. If Jaune would have to choose between Weiss, he'd recently came closer to, and a Pyrrha coming back (especially if she'd came back, corrupted) it would be a very good potential of drama in the show, and a very good starting point to character development.

(My apologizes for the time concordance, I really don't know if what I wrote is correct...)

• revanninja

#33760852 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Wits

Basically you are talking about if Jaune and Weiss started to develop something and then Pyrrha came back the strain involved in all that especially if Pyrrha is like you say corrupted.

Because it would be pulling Jaune in 2 ways and Weiss as well because she would want Pyrrha back simply because weiss is a good person.

• Wits

Wits FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33760855 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Basically yes. But, even if I don't have any doubt on the final result myself, it's not because we expect the end that the story which is told is not beautifull.

• revanninja

#33760859 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Wits

I think you are misstating the line but I get your meaning.

its not the end that makes the journey but instead the journey itself.

So even if we know Pyrrha and Jaune is the end result the drama and romance of it all is still something to behold and enjoy.

• Wits

#33760860 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Yes :)

Sorry, but sometimes, I still have issues with the language barrier...

What I meant was : "If Jaune starts to come over his grief about Pyrrha's lost and becomes romantically closer from Weiss, it's not a certain end of all hope to see Pyrrha coming back. Their are also nice story to tell with this hypothetic development"... And in a second thought, it would also get well with one of Weiss narative theme : solitude.