Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40187)

• Jester000

Jester000

#33135968 - 3 years ago

In reply to GiantPancakeWAWR

Well why else have that moment unless it had some kind of purpose behind it.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33135970 - 3 years ago

If she does come back, I hope they do it in a good way. If not, I'm moving RWBY from (9&10)/10 group to (7&8)/10 group.

• Jester000

Jester000

#33135971 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

I think they will, who knows.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33135975 - 3 years ago

In reply to Jester000

Cinder's arrow was glowing red because it was meant to disintegrate Pyrrha ... also it didn't glow red for Amber because she didn't have the Fall Maiden's powers yet. And she wanted to make sure that Amber was facing Cinder when she killed her. After all, her fire powers are not her semblance. They are the of the Fall Maiden's abilities.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33135978 - 3 years ago

In reply to Jester000

I really do not think they will. Or if they do, its going to be another mindfcuking amazing plot twist like a corrupted Pyrrha or that someone is posing as Pyrrha through an illusion or disguise or ability or something.

• GiantPancakeWAWR

GiantPancakeWAWR FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33135980 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

If felt like the arrow was a way to paralize her, or make her go "Inactive" and Cinder holding Pyhrras head was the dicinigration based on the fact that she holds the power, not the bow. I doubt they wouldnt introduce a new arrow that we wouldnt know the powers of this late. It would make it nore confusing

• ultima75000

ultima75000

#33135984 - 3 years ago

We got more than 10+ volumes for something to happen. Till someone from RT flat out says she's gone for good like they did for Roman, then people will keep on hoping she's either 'all dead' or 'mostly dead' for various reasons.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33135985 - 3 years ago

In reply to Jester000

You said "Well why else have that moment unless it had some kind of purpose behind it."

There was a purpose behind it - to show that even someone so seemingly important and powerful can die in vain and fade into history ... its really nihilistic but I like how it was presented with Pyrrha's death, if that is what they are going for ...

While its true that Pyrrha death in no way helped save Beacon or really bought much time (not even a Pyrrhic victory ... just a defeat) Pyrrha death is important in the emotional and character development of the remaining heroes.

You gotta analyse it bro! Its a really symbolic and important death!

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33135990 - 3 years ago

In reply to Ultima75000

Roman is confirmed dead? WOW!

That guy had a very interesting and charismatic character. Shame to see him leave. Thought he was going to pull a bull shit and survive. Now that would be some kind of Deus Ex Machina for him! I guess his death shows how death can happen anytime to anyone regardless of who they ...

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33135994 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

Sorry but I do not like this twist. Since she's based of Achilles. You know how he was and how he died, right?

And you know, she got shot through her heart and spine! She struggled for air like a dying person would with the same injury! Then her body visibly stopped working because she "seemingly" died. Cinder pulverises her with her fire powers. Smoke was visible and Pyrrha's ashes flew away with the wind. No teleportation visible, because then her crown would have been teleported as well, like the rest of her clothes and armor.

The red particles were clealy the same kind of censorship like with Yang's disarmement!

I don't know how you could make a death more clear than that!

Should Cinder have said "Oh well, she's dead. LOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Should Pyrrha have been shot through the head instead? Be decapitated? Be torn apart? Smashed into pieces?

It would be just to far fetched at this oint in my opinion. Future deaths would be also meaningless if she comes back!

This is to all people who believe Pyrrha is still alive... somehow.

This thread isn't about theories for her survival. It's for theories of the consequences of her possible death!

Thank you.

Excuse me for the rant. Nothing personal...

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136003 - 3 years ago

In reply to Swisslp

I agree with you. Its just that so many other people want Pyrrha to be alive so I wanted to know how they would feel about Pyrrha being alive like that.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136007 - 3 years ago

Also, take a look at this interesting post from the

IS PYHRRA REALLY DEAD

forum:

davidmccorquodale

#33135973 - 12 MINUTES AGO

I just have a funny feeling that Phyrra is not dead. Before Monty died I remember him saying that none of the main 8 ( Team Rwby and Team Jnpr) would die for the first 8 seasons. If RT stick to Monty's words, could this mean that she is not dead?

Also in one of the later episodes in the season, when Cinder, Emerald and Mercury are on the rooftops after they ruin everything, Emerald seemed to feel guilty over what they have done. Is it possible she has turned and Cinder is seeing an ilusion in her fight against Pyhrra? I mean we haven't really seen her or Mercury for a while.

What do you guys think

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136009 - 3 years ago

Another interesting post from the

RWBY PREDICTIONS, THEORIES, AND IDEAS!

forum.

Blo0dFir3

#33135955 - 27 MINUTES AGO

Has anyone ever played Metroid Prime: Echoes? In the game Samus is on planet Aether which has a light dimension and a dark dimension while still being the same planet. So that scene with Salem really looked like it was the dark dimension of Remnant, because she could still see the shattered moon. Furthermore, with the scarab which crawled out of a small portal of Cinders glove (obviously having the same symbol on its back as Salems cape) and Raven using a special Dust blade to creat these dark portals, I think they leed to that alternate dimension. And since Raven is confirmed being dangerous it wouldn't be far off if she was one of the few people knowing about this dark dimension of Remnant. I could even imagine that Raven is working for Salem.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136010 - 3 years ago

This supports the teleportation theory

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136012 - 3 years ago

I have no idea if she is dead or alive at this point.

• ultima75000

ultima75000

#33136014 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

There are two ways this can go: If Pyrrha is 'dead, dead' then I hope they

have it written out well enough to have a VERY noticeable effect as in my

opinion JNPR's reaction to her 'death' was a bit weak. In my opinion Ruby

grieved harder (although she was the only eyewitness) than Ren and

Nora. Hopefully there's more to it than what we got in V3.

If's she's 'mostly dead' (yeah I took that from Princess Bride) well that would also make sense in a way. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I can't accept Pyrrha can actually be deceased but I do find it a bit odd that one of only two characters on Team JNPR who actually got character

development (arguably even more than some members of Team RWBY) gets killed off

so early if they planned for 10+ Volumes.

Character deaths can pave room for more development of another (it's been used so many times) but it's rarely another protagonist unless the series is reaching its absolute end.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136017 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

I wonder if we're going to meet her parents?

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136030 - 3 years ago

In reply to Ultima75000

You said:

"Don't get me wrong, it's not that I can't accept Pyrrha can actually be deceased but I do find it a bit odd that one of only two characters on Team JNPR who actually got character

development (arguably even more than some members of Team RWBY) gets killed off

so early if they planned for 10+ Volumes."

and

"Character deaths can pave room for more development of another (it's been used so many times) but it's rarely another protagonist unless the series is reaching its absolute end."

I think this ties in well with what davidmccorquodale from Is Pyhrra Really Dead forum:

"I just have a funny feeling that Phyrra is not dead. Before Monty died I remember him saying that none of the main 8 ( Team Rwby and Team Jnpr) would die for the first 8 seasons. If RT stick to Monty's words, could this mean that she is not dead?"

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136040 - 3 years ago

Check this shit out:

http://konachan.com/post/show/211548/blake_bellado...

Posted 2 MONTHS ago!

This motherfcuker can predict the future! Lets ask him about Pyrrha's fate!

(this is a joke - do not take it seriously)

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136052 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

None of the 8 main characters will die before vol. 8?

10+ volumes?

Proof please...

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136062 - 3 years ago

I also want proof. If I find it I will post it for sure. I know that it is a baseless statement at this point.

• plutia

plutia

#33136077 - 3 years ago

I think Pyrrha was strongest or at least one of the strongest students... That's why she held her ground against Cinder.

Either way, the series took a dark turn for sure. But to be honest, I like it this way. I certainly like this way more than series where you are 100% sure that none of the good guys will die.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136083 - 3 years ago

I agree. But a plot twist in a plot twist well done is even better!

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136084 - 3 years ago

As I stated in a reply to schurgy16, in davidmccorquodale forum titled, "Is Pyhrra really dead" he stated the following:

She may be dead, but probably not gone. While I don't watch any other anime but this, I know that death is not important or permanent. Yes it is possible that the fight was an illusion but I think Phyrra is not permanently dead. I have 2 theories:

1. Killing Cinder will bring her back.

2. Juane's Semblance can heal/raise the dead.

-I think Juane will find a way or at least try to bring her back in Vol. 4

To that I replied with:

Number 2 would work perfectly as Juane's high amount of aura give him one special field of abilities. That field being most commonly called, "PALADIN". Warriors of holly light and users of aura to help those around them.

So...would it be to far fetched to assume Jaune's semblance has the same powers related to that of a Paladin from most medieval fantasy based stories and games. He already has the sword and shield covered and he can heal his own injuries as we saw in Volume One.

As a personal note, if I could find the time, I would totally do a piece of fan art that would combined the Judgement Armer set and Ashbringer with Juane and the technology of Remnant.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136085 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

And if she does, what will you do

To me, a big part of the story would be ruined. Too much would be ruined.

I can accept Penny's comeback. But a pulverised Pyrrha? Hell no!

Then I would leave, I guess.