• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136087 - 3 years ago

Thats a bit OP, even with all the things going on at the moment

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136090 - 3 years ago

In reply to Swisslp

I would only leave it its just not done well and is some convenient Deus Ex Machina. Unless there is a very good reason for her not to be dead, unless there is a very important role for her to fill, whether as a good or bad guy, she should really stay dead.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136092 - 3 years ago

JAUNE 2 OP

NERF PLZ

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136097 - 3 years ago

In reply to Jester000

Here's a better question, why was Cinder's arrow glowing red when it hit Pyrrha and better question, why turn her body to ashes, what does that accomplish exactly, just to rub it in?

Red particles instead of squirting blood. Censorship Yang disarmament style.

Yeah, they had to rub it in, to make it more painful for us.

EDIT: It wouldn't be the first time Miles and Kerry would do that.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136099 - 3 years ago

Earlier I said that the voice actor of Pyrrha slipped out that there are big plans for Pyrrha. The source is the Friday stream. Check it out to verify.

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136101 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

Well...all paladins are kinda..no actually OP in regards to all source material. Bubble...need I say anymore?

Also, Juane really isn't that OP...not yet anyway. Besides, the healing this makes the most sense since we have alreay seen in it the episodes.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136104 - 3 years ago

I don't think that's what the show is about. Its too convenient! Its meant to be about the exact opposite. That is part of what Pyrrha's death represented!

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136106 - 3 years ago

I don't thinks, they have elements form all types of story genres. Ranging from Mech all the way to Fantasy. I still don't think its too far fetched.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136114 - 3 years ago

This is what I think Monty wanted Pyrrha's death to represent, given the dark turn that the show has taken:

There was a purpose behind it - to show that even someone so seemingly important and powerful can die in vain and fade into history ... its really nihilistic but I like how it was presented with Pyrrha's death, if that is what they are going for ...

While its true that Pyrrha death in no way helped save Beacon or really bought much time (not even a Pyrrhic victory ... just a defeat) Pyrrha death is important in the emotional and character development of the remaining heroes.

That is why I believe paladin jaune who revives pyrrha is a farfetched idea.

Also, why the hell is jaune's sword and shield called Crocea Mors? That's Julius Caesar's sword! Excalibur and Arondight are way better. Excalibur is meant to symbolize the responsibility of power and Arondight is meant to symbolize "the perfect knight", the strongest, bravest and truest knight of an era.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136120 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

Earlier I said that the voice actor of Pyrrha slipped out that there are big plans for Pyrrha. The source is the Friday stream. Check it out to verify.

I think she meant the epic fight Pyrrha had with Cinder. My favourite fight of this volume btw.

Perfect atmosphere, good choreography, decent animation, simply epic and it had the most impact.

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136133 - 3 years ago

Didn't Monty say that none of the main 8 characters where going to die until after Volume 8? I still say that Juane is someone of holly power.

Note: I say paladin and holly as substitute terms, I am sure RT will have there own take on what to call the semblance.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136138 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

Also, why the hell is jaune's sword and shield called Crocea Mors? That's Julius Caesar's sword! Excalibur and Arondight are way better. Excalibur is meant to symbolize the responsibility of power and Arondight is meant to symbolize "the perfect knight", the strongest, bravest and truest knight of an era.

This must be important! Now I have to make researches about Crocea Mors' meaning. FUUUUUU XP

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136139 - 3 years ago

Am I really the only one who thinks that excalibur or arondight are much more symbollically sensible names than crocea mors?

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136141 - 3 years ago

lol 9 seconds apart

• Jester000

Jester000

#33136146 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

Excalibur would make sense, if he was based around King Arthuer. But his name makes it obvious he's based on Joan of Arc, who was French. So giving him a weapon based around King Arthur wouldn't make much sense.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136147 - 3 years ago

In reply to kaimonster

Didn't Monty say that none of the main 8 characters where going to die until after Volume 8?

Could you please show the proof for this statement?

• ravensep

ravensep

#33136148 - 3 years ago

I feel sad knowing Pyrrha never fulfilled her destiny other than being the mentor for Jaune and awakening Ruby's power...it looks like the destiny of a great warrior would be for Ruby and Jaune...that sucks!

well atlest its not like in naruto...where neji was like oh destiny can be changed and then masashi kishimoto was like NOPE YOU ARE GONNA DIE IN WAR LIKE YO FATHERRRRR

and naruto is like yeah destiny boy all along cause he is the son of 4th hokage and his mother who was a vessel for jinchuriki..

DANG IT

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136150 - 3 years ago

In reply to Swisslp

Maybe its a connection for the Greek and Roman inspired character that both Pyrrha and Juane are heavily influenced by...but that is a pure guess.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136152 - 3 years ago

In reply to kaimonster

Didn't Monty say that none of the main 8 characters where going to die until after Volume 8?

Could you please show the proof for this statement?

In reply to Swisslp

Apparently it was said in an interview. Me and another are searching for said evidence. Will inform you when we find out.

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136153 - 3 years ago

*Sigh* I just want to Juane deck Cinders ass the same way Blazer did to the Lich king in Part Three of Tales of the Past. Look it up on youtube and you'll understand why I keep saying Juane is a Paladin.

Sorry gents just had to get it out of my system.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136157 - 3 years ago

In reply to Jester000

Well then how about a french sword?

La Pucelle - symbolizes jaune's innocence at the beginning of the series

Fleur-de-Lys - symbolizes his lineage

Durendal - symbolizes his perseverance (durendal is derived from from the French "durer", "to endure"

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136159 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

Well once we find that proof then that will be most of the evidence we need for now and can obtain for the time being.

• Kava

Kava

#33136160 - 3 years ago

I was more worried for Roman, but more surprised for Pyrrha. I did not expect Pyrrha to die, but it does make sense that good guys taking on more than the main characters are raising a death flag. But also, I was expecting her to go out in some sort of Pyrrhic Victory. Unless we're counting whatever Ruby did as that.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136161 - 3 years ago

Durendal even fits with the whole paladin theme

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136166 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

There you go! See the more you think about it. :)