Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (40187)

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136174 - 3 years ago

I think Pyrrha is really dead (or even if not) and will be replaced by another character based on a historical figure. This character will be based on Gilles De Rais (blue beard - no he isn't a pirate, he was Jeanne D'Arc's right hand man). There will be some plot where jaune is accused of something and executed or something where jaune's paladin/saviour image in 'Gilles De Rais' character's mind is caused to be darkened and this new character will also become evil or something but in his own faction or something.

This is a very unorganized suggestion but it is still quite interesting

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136179 - 3 years ago

In reply to ravensep

I personally do not believe in destiny. Live is too unpredictable for that. Everything you worked for your entire life can be destroyed in mere seconds or even less, just because of bad luck. For example, a car accident which kills you and it was completely the fault of the other driver.

I really dislike stories were the main protagonist is destined to be successful from the start. It takes the tension away.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136184 - 3 years ago

I don't even believe in luck. I'm atheist. Of course I don't fully believe in destiny either. But successful astrology predictions have been made, so it deserves further scientific investigation to prove whether there is such a thing as destiny.

But I agree. A plot with an Pyrrhic Victory ending sounds much better than one where all the main characyers have plot armour.

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136186 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

I respect the idea and it is quite interesting but another person posted something interesting on the other forum. This was by skyisunpoetic:

I'm willing to render Pyrrha's status as 'unknown'. We haven't seen a lot of deaths or dead bodies on RWBY so it's hard to guess which is final and which isn't. In Episode 7 we saw Mercury Black's dad lying dead on the floor, who didn't disintegrate into dust. In Episode 11 Cinder shoots Amber with an arrow, who doesn't disintegrate into dust. Episode 12, the fight between Cinder and Pyrrha. Pyrrha is shot in the same place as Amber but disintegrates into gold dust and is swept off into the wind.

Probably seems far-fetched but something about her death feels off and very 'not final.'

Which is why am not agree that Pyrrha is dead. Present me with a body or a ash jar, then I'll be convinced at that point.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136191 - 3 years ago

Any thoughts about the Gilles De Rais idea. It is a perfect way to fill the void of the now dead (or 'dead' as some sources suggest) Pyrrha. Even sounds like an interesting way to continue with symbolically significant character killing and realism, given how the story of Gilles De Rais and Jeanne D'arc plays out ...

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136197 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

"But I agree. A plot with an Pyrrhic Victory ending sounds much better than one where all the main characyers have plot armour."

Care to elabrote on that? I don't follow what you mean?

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136199 - 3 years ago

It is more interesting and different than a generic happy ending and a plot of convenienes for the main characters. The more obstacles, the more character develpoment.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136200 - 3 years ago

In reply to Kava

I was more worried for Roman, but more surprised for Pyrrha. I did not expect Pyrrha to die, but it does make sense that good guys taking on more than the main characters are raising a death flag. But also, I was expecting her to go out in some sort of Pyrrhic Victory. Unless we're counting whatever Ruby did as that.

Right now, her death was in vain (bitter defeat). But if Jaune becomes stronger because of that and saves the day in the future. I would consider that a Pyrrhic victory. Without her help and sacrifice, Jaune would have never accomplished it. Then her death wouldn't be so bitter anymore.

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136204 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

It would need some twinking but it could work though I think Pyrrha's revival will need to be added regardless. I say this looking at the other forums and fan reactions going on, if the theory behind Pyrrha's return doesn't pan out there will be significant upset.

That said, I will state that my favorite character is actually Yang but Pyrrha comes in at second. I would also like to add that had yang died in the last two episodes there would have been riots on the internet. The meme "if Daryl dies we riot" needs to be updated for "if Yang dies we riot."

• plutia

plutia

#33136206 - 3 years ago

Though there is nothing more lame than resurrecting a dead character...

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136215 - 3 years ago

If you do it right it's not lame. Agent Coulson rez would be lame, but Pyrrha coming back because Juane just flat out wanted it. To me that is some crazy willpower in terms of aura. Plus you can use a kick ass one-liner. Can't think of one at the moment.

• GiantPancakeWAWR

GiantPancakeWAWR FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33136220 - 3 years ago

In reply to kaimonster

"I thought she left, but she is all right." Get it, because Yang was all right, but now she left. hahh.... ill. see my way out

• MisCon

MisCon

#33136224 - 3 years ago

(TT_TT)

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136230 - 3 years ago

In reply to kaimonster

In reply to DMortal1

It would need some twinking but it could work though I think Pyrrha's revival will need to be added regardless. I say this looking at the other forums and fan reactions going on, if the theory behind Pyrrha's return doesn't pan out there will be significant upset.

That said, I will state that my favorite character is actually Yang but Pyrrha comes in at second. I would also like to add that had yang died in the last two episodes there would have been riots on the internet. The meme "if Daryl dies we riot" needs to be updated for "if Yang dies we riot."

A lot of fans do not know what they want. Chapter 12 got here "+1500 Cool" and over 4000 comments in less than 30 hours since its release. Some other chapters didn't have that many after one month and more.

Even though almost nobody wanted one of their favourite characters to die.

What I'm saying is. You can effortlessly make countless anime with fanservice and get some success. Or you could risk something and make a great story which shocks People with a big success.

As I said before, Pyrrha was my 3rd favourite character. I'm still sad about her death after 28 hours. When the fans would start a riot, then that just shows great writing. Unless it was a stupid unnecessary death that made absolutely no sense. That isn't the case with Pyrrha's end.

I like it, but it hurts so much!

EDIT: RWBY's writing is far from perfect. I don't want to praise them too much. Ok?

• Jester000

Jester000

#33136232 - 3 years ago

I know this is a weird thing to ask but think about it for a second. Cinder at first seems like she's working for Salem but some things do raise some questions. Like why go after the Maiden's power, if her missions was simply to raise chaos in Vale we saw she could easily do that without the need for the power itself, so why go after it.

Also some of the things she said to the Grimm dragon confuse me. She said to the Dragon "This is your home now" why would she say that and better yet, why does the dragon even seem to agree with her.

Most of all is the whole destiny thing Pyrrha said to her and how Cinder seemed almost angry at the question, like Pyrrha knew something that Cinder didn't which is weird given they've never met before and it almost seemed like that Disintegration act on her part was done out of spite.

Plus Cinder didn't seem to know about Ruby's eyes which if she did work for Salem she likely would have told her about and Cinder would have gone after Ruby instead.

What is Cinder did originally work for Salem but decided to do things

her own way perhaps? Just saying that somethings don't add up.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136233 - 3 years ago

I still Pyrrha should stay dead. I also think that my Gilles De Rais idea with jaune has some merit if it can be done correctly. A good idea for a new character now that Pyrrha is dead. And Jaune can be to this character what Pyrrha was to him. This character can be used to express the character development that Pyrrha's death has set forth in Jaune.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33136236 - 3 years ago

In reply to MisCon

(TT_TT)

Aww, are you sad? Me too... :'(

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136246 - 3 years ago

In reply to Jester000

I know this is a weird thing to ask but think about it for a second. Cinder at first seems like she's working for Salem but some things do raise some questions. Like why go after the Maiden's power, if her missions was simply to raise chaos in Vale we saw she could easily do that without the need for the power itself, so why go after it.

Also some of the things she said to the Grimm dragon confuse me. She said to the Dragon "This is your home now" why would she say that and better yet, why does the dragon even seem to agree with her.

Most of all is the whole destiny thing Pyrrha said to her and how Cinder seemed almost angry at the question, like Pyrrha knew something that Cinder didn't which is weird given they've never met before and it almost seemed like that Disintegration act on her part was done out of spite.

Plus Cinder didn't seem to know about Ruby's eyes which if she did work for Salem she likely would have told her about and Cinder would have gone after Ruby instead.

What is Cinder did originally work for Salem but decided to do things

her own way perhaps? Just saying that somethings don't add up.

You raise a good point with the whole eyes thing. It is quite confusing as to why cinder wasn't informed of it. Why was cinder targeting Pyrrha? How did they know that Pyrrha was going to be the next Fall Maiden before even Pyrrha knew (correct me if I'm wrong on this one)?

As far as I'm concerned, Salem should have had Cinder gunning for Ruby and Amber. Not Pyrrha. Maybe they did want Pyrrha for some reason? Pure speculation here.

• AngelOfRWBY

AngelOfRWBY

#33136247 - 3 years ago

In reply to triox11 Hey to be completely honest. If there is one thing I've learned from watching anime its that once anyone ever gains any amount of power whether its alot or just a add on of somthing they've already had it 1. Takes a toll one the body 2. Takes time to get used to and 3. They never use its full potential right off the bat. That was just my observation. Plus to anyone who thinks that a Maidens powers are frail and not strong. Your sorely mistaken. Take for example the previous Maiden they had no reason to practice and hone the abilities they had because they are the good guys they have no reason to tap i to all that power and learn how to truly strike fear into the hearts of others. Plus in any given situation the bad guys always one up the good guys at the beginning of a power strugle just to make it clear their powers are being suppressed by the goodness of their hearts but in the end the Hero rises above all challenges and displays what the power is truly capable of and triumphs over the evil while maintaining good character and never falling to evil ways. Thats just the balance of good and evil. Like a good anime once told me " Only those willing to take risks will be rewarded with prosperity whether it be immediate or In the end" so I think Pyrrha did not die in vain but for the inspiration to others to let them know that no matter how weak or powerless you are courage is all it take to take the first step to a long journey.

• leonmasteries

leonmasteries

#33136252 - 3 years ago

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they brought back Pyrrha (I somewhat hope they do), mainly because we now know they are willing to go down the route of offing a fan favorite. But I also think that they could easily have it to where Pyrrha didn't technically die, and it wouldn't hurt the story but instead move it along.

So far, my favorite fan theory has to be either she became a PoW or Emerald made the illusion of Pyrrha's death (because the last few episodes we've seen Emerald, she has not seemed pleased with the outcome and seemed sad at what's happening). I know it would seem bad for story telling, but this is one of the few times bringing a character back wouldn't hurt the story, and if given enough time, the characters will go through enough development. If/When Pyrrha returns, it would still make Jaune a stronger character, because he's already experienced loss of a loved one he will do everything to avoid that again, same with Ruby losing many friends at the hand of Cinder.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136259 - 3 years ago

Pyrrha was foolish. She shouldn't have tried to fight Cinder when Ozpin seemingly couldn't. She really just died in vain. But that imperfection just makes her feel so much more realistic. Acting out in the moment like that.

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136260 - 3 years ago

In reply to leonmasteries

Emerald making an illusion to help Pyrrha and Oz escape would be something a bit more reasonable then my Paladin theory with Juane. So I agree with that idea more then my own.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136261 - 3 years ago

So do you think any supporting characters will be upgraded to main characters? Like Cardin or Penny? Or a new character maybe?

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136262 - 3 years ago

Also, has anyone found the quote from Monty about not killing any main characters off till volume 8?

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136263 - 3 years ago

In reply to DMortal1

That is a two sided coin that can land either way really, so either would work in my opionon.