Forums > RWBY

Overall Points discussed in 'Consequences of Pyrrha Nikos' Death' (Before the thread became a general one)

Posts (147)

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169128 - 3 years ago

Ideas/theories on her questionable 'status':
    Pyrrha's alive (somehow)
    - What we saw in her last moments fighting against Cinder was a trick
    - Teleportation
    - Corrupted/dark/Grimm version of Pyrrha comes back
    - Time travel shenanigans
    - Ambiguity on Jen Brown's and RT's part concerning Pyrrha

She ded ;_;
    - Her getting incinerated after getting shot by Cinder's arrow
    - Nothing was left except her circlet (and possibly the rest of Milo and Akouo). She's ashes now.
    - All according to keikaku (plan) by the late Monty and RT
    - Taking Jen Brown's tweets about Pyrrha at face value

Fuzzy grey area (alive or dead these could happen)
    - Hallucinations/visions of her (possibly induced by Emerald as psychological warfare and/or for giggles)
    - Force ghost only Jaune can see
    - Voices. Not the schizophrenic kind.
    - Piece of her soul in Jaune after unlocking his Aura

- Resurrection (depends on how it's delivered and if it cheapens death within the show)

General points discussed:
    - Pyrrha's character, mythology she's based on loosely
    - Idea of a 'pyrrhic victory'
    - Ambiguity and circumstances surrounding Pyrrha's death
    - Parallels between Ruby and Pyrrha
    - Teleportation to another realm (possibly Salem's)
    - Cinder and how her Semblance and Maiden powers work
    - Time travel shenanigans and something to do with the Ozluminati and/or Ozpin himself
    - An illusion or trick of some sort the audience is not aware of
    - Pyrrha's thought process, reasoning, and decision to go up the tower and kill/stall Cinder and Kevin (<---the dragon)
    - How Jaune and the rest of his team will deal with Pyrrha's death
    - How everyone else (Team RWBY, Pyrrha's family, her hometown, the rest of Remnant) will deal with Pyrrha's death
    - Themes and tonal shift in the series overall

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33169134 - 3 years ago

I am not sure why you made this unless you have a new idea? Because while its nice simple recap without something to go on it just seems like repeat.

That is the big problem right now we dont have any new ideas which is why the old thread basically died like it did.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169138 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja

It's just a recap for those new to Roosterteeth and/or RWBY. I really don't want to sift through all those posts again just to find a point that HASN'T been discussed. That and I'm not willing to make a Reddit account and argue there.

....It's a guideline of sorts *shrugs*

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169139 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja Were stuck in limbo with no idea, just a bunch of forum crawlers who demand we see it their way and only there way. Corse I would assume since its the internet there are people on our side who are just as bad, but I havent seen many of them.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33169145 - 3 years ago

The problem is RT forums are actually a REALLY small forum I am part of Supervelocity and Spacebattles before that and those forums see HUGE traffic.

So it might seem one sided I can tell you its really not.

• revanninja

#33169148 - 3 years ago

Now one thing I have been wondering is how important to the PLAN is Pyrrha's death?

I brought this up earlier in another thread, which we wont talk about, but her death was really poorly written it seemed almost like Miles and Kerry couldnt figure out a good way to get Pyrrha up there.

We know from Roman that the Plan can change and has been yet Jen in her tweets said this was ALWAYS the plan. That makes me wonder just how important Cinder facing Pyrrha really is?

Because Pyrrha was a popular character even more so then Roman yet they werent willing to change the event.

So WHY?

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169150 - 3 years ago

I can't tell if it's a setup for a subplot blown into a major story arc or one that runs parallel and separate from the main one (Team RNJR) until a certain future point.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169152 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja I have questioned this considerably myself. The big difference I see is that Pyrrhas death feels...off. Roman died a minor villain, I admit he was very popular and quite well acted, but his death does not harm the story too much, at least from where I am standing. Yes twer I writing I could have had him live and fill a different roll, but RT are a completely different kind of insanity than I have.

Pyrrhas story is solidly not over, she had just opened a new door with Jauan, and the two could easily grow to become better hunters together. I feel perhaps, it will be part of team JNPRs story to quest to get her back, you see resurrection like that all the time in myth and fairytail, and some even believe she isn't even really dead.

The Plan...I have no bloody idea man, we are getting 6 different views a minute on what the plan is, what it was, how it can be changed, if it can be changed, maybe Monty could change the plan, but with him gone they are too afraid to even nudge it for fear of dishonoring his memory or something...I hope not cos I am pretty sure that is not how he would have wanted the series to go (just look at Velvet, going from a one shot bit character to a beloved fan favorite)

Flatly the most telling, or atleast one of the most telling, is that Monty was a romantic (dawwwww) I cant see him breaking up a happy couple that he was alive to know were very well liked, especially in this way. He was quoted (on twitter no less) saying something to the degree of all great romance must overcome adversity. So maeby its Jauans turn to save his princess from a dragon...a dragon badass enough to hold Pyrrha as a princess...Ya Jauan you're gona need a bigger sword, bro.

• revanninja

#33169155 - 3 years ago

In reply to AAGGRESSS

Or bring a Railgun.

I too have heard a LOT of different things on the PLAN. I have heard Monty has left an outline for several seasons the big thing is how many. That is what changes from each telling.

But one thing to keep in mind regardless of how many seasons Monty wrote an outline for there is only so much so Miles and Kerry WILL have to write their own material at some point.

I am hoping Pyrrha can be saved I think the grimm Pyrrha is the one I like the best simply because it fits in the goals we know from Salem which is to break up humans ability to band together.

A grimm able to posses humans would put the fear of Port in a bikini into people. If it was also wearing the face of pyrrha a well known athlete it would drive it home even further.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169156 - 3 years ago

@revanninja
    Dude, Port in a bikini would be enough to make everyone go home, even Salem and the Grimm
    Aaandd there's the imagery OH GOD WHHYYYY D:

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169157 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja Oh gods on high! It can not be unseen!

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169159 - 3 years ago

but i think the biggest and most effective argument for Pyrrha coming back is:

the series WONT stay this bleak all the time. That can not be the point and that is not at all a good way to write. RT are many things but they are not idiots and even when they have gone dark in the past, they have not let us down before. They are also a corporation and they know that staying bleak will drive people away in a depressed haze. The best and usually only reason in fiction to pound a character down, is so that they can climb back up even stronger. (insert batman movie quote here)

• revanninja

#33169161 - 3 years ago

tumblr_inline_nx7urwOx9r1sxeq7f_540.jpg

But as for staying bleak no RWBY wont its a series built on being goofy fun with lots of little side jokes and the like going on.

That said it doesnt mean they bring pyrrha back. While I DO want them to bring her back and think that is in the plan I wont assume just because the story will at some point get better means Pyrrha will be revived.

Though I REALLY hope they do because it would be an interesting turn to have her come back but not be in a good way. Like waking SCREAMING from nightmares not a good way possibly to the point she cant be a huntress because its so bad.

It would be a good plot to have jaune slowly cox her back by being there for her and not judging her for it.

Also I kind of want to see this at some point.

tumblr_o0tt1iHoON1uovr8no1_1280.png

tumblr_o0tt1iHoON1uovr8no2_1280.png

I cant link the artist Atrox because of shall we say..."french drawings" in the portfolio.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169163 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja There are not enough dawwws in the world.

No man I mean she will likely come back cos of how off the death feels. Put it in comparison to the quality and tone of the rest of the series, it feels sloppy and anchronistic. Now compaired to RVB which also got dark and serious at points, it feels like a very obvious trolling the fanbase as they set up somthing big. Like I said, RT are many things but they are not idiots.

• revanninja

#33169164 - 3 years ago

In reply to AAGGRESSS

I do think we are being coned. but Anachronistic does not apply here. Anachronistic means mixing things from different time periods in a weird mix mash. Like having Medieval knights use Rifles. There is nothing in Pyrrha and Cinders fight that is like that.

You probably mean a different word but I am unsure which one you were trying for.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169165 - 3 years ago

Out-of-place? Wonky? Off? Extremely contrasting?

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169166 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja Well to be really technical it still could apply as they are fighting with medieval weaponry in what ammounts to a intercontinental radio tower...but yes I ment to say something different.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169167 - 3 years ago

In reply to MysticBlue thats the word I was looking for...Place. Thank you

• revanninja

#33169168 - 3 years ago

In reply to AAGGRESSS

Anachronistic directly relates to something being from a different time. For example the Famous painting the Last Supper the long table is anachronistic because those types of table didnt exist back then.

In the RWBY world the weapons are actually completely in place they arent for OUR world but for RWBY they are.

As for it being off how so? I know from my own views the Arrow that goes into Pyrrha's chest has a glow that all other arrows dont have and cant be explained away. I also am aware that Cinder's shown personality her going as far as Destroying Pyrrha after shooting her in the chest seems out of character. Also the fact only the tiara was left when Ozpin also only left his cane and we know he fought cinder.

So is there others I ahvent seen?

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169170 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja All of those plus thematically, the waste of a character keeping Pyrrha dead, and such a poiorly written way to go for her, out of RT that feels very unlike them.

• revanninja

#33169172 - 3 years ago

In reply to AAGGRESSS

AH,

I thought maybe there was something I had missed.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169173 - 3 years ago

Some weird chicanery in the background that no one but the writers, Jeff and Casey know about. I'm including Jeff and Casey in this because the soundtrack gives us quite a few clues and healthy dose of foreshadowing with those lyrics.

Whatever happened right after Ruby blanked out from using the SIlver-Eye powers. I'm very curious. What did Weiss and everyone else see, a bright white flash at the top of the tower or something different from what we briefly saw? Did it create an AoE over the tower and into the skies, killing Grimm? I didn't see any active Grimm or the town getting destroyed when they showed Blake's whereabouts in V3E12.

• revanninja

#33169175 - 3 years ago

In reply to MysticBlue

Because she was in vale Tai tells ruby the situation in Vale is under control but beacon is lost because grimm wont stop coming.

So more then likely there is a team of Hunters which Glynda is most likely a part of keeping things under control.

I have always disliked the whole Super city idea that vale is the only city except Patch more then likely there is smaller cities doting the Vale country and Vale city is just the biggest one. And its Natural defenses and Hunters that keep grimm out of those other places.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33169204 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja

I've seen this guy's work before, it's really good. She has this look in her eyes like she's saying "What? Don't judge me!"

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169396 - 3 years ago

welp i bothered to search those pics and found the picture thread. People are having real fun with Neo and her umbrella parachute.