Forums > RWBY

Overall Points discussed in 'Consequences of Pyrrha Nikos' Death' (Before the thread became a general one)

Posts (147)

• unsold_hearts

unsold_hearts

#33169425 - 3 years ago

*creates a new thread because original one is talking about other topics*

*starts talking about off-topics in new thread*

Yeah I can see how useful this was. xD

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169434 - 3 years ago

In reply to unsold_hearts

I'm trying, dammit T_T

• Talim009

Talim009

#33169446 - 3 years ago

The character Pyrrha, and her relationship with Juane were some of the strongest reasons I watched RWBY. Rooster Teeth has just removed a large part of my motivation to keep watching the show. What do they gain (vs risk) in this tone shift ?

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169453 - 3 years ago

In reply to Talim009

How far reaching Pyrrha's influence on Jaune is throughout most of the series? That dense $%^* just learned that his teammate had strong feelings for him right before she went off to her last fight, to the death. Vengeful!Jaune or Sad!Jaune are good bets.

That and we finally see the bigger story unfold.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33169457 - 3 years ago

In reply to Talim009

Well it depends on which tropes they are trying for.

If they are aiming for a revival/rescue with Jaune the split could be a way to empower jaune who is by FAR the weakest character in the show currently because I imagine Jaune feels responsible about her death since she sent him away and if he was just stronger better she might not have and he could have saved her.

So he now has motivation to become as awesome as he possibly can. If Pyrrha is alive but being used as a puppet Jaune would have to face her and eventually overcome her.

So it really depends on what type of romance they are going for.

• Someday

Someday

#33169464 - 3 years ago

What do you guys think about the "destiny" theme that's been introduced into RWBY? Do you think the show is trying to saying that Pyrrha's (imo uncharacteristic) death was her destiny?

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169470 - 3 years ago

@revanninja

It makes me wonder what sort of obstacles Jaune and the SS Arkos will go through in the coming volumes. Meeting some form of Pyrrha on the other side of the battlefield would be bad enough, brainwashed/Grimm-ified/Dark versioned/corrupted could happen. Worse, her ideals could be horribly twisted or to rub more salt into the wound, say that that kiss they shared meant nothing - it was a distraction to get her team leader to safety.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33169475 - 3 years ago

In reply to MysticBlue

Or she could go completely yandere and decide to kill off EVERYONE he cares about so she can have him to herself.

tumblr_noeevhlKIE1tvf87ro2_500.png

Jaune: NO! Not Onesie!

tumblr_mqw9zex16T1r1zdvyo1_1280.jpg

C!Pyrrha: Yes even Onesie only I am allowed to wrap myself around you like that.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169484 - 3 years ago

In reply to Someday

That girl's story ain't done yet despite RT chugging along like almost nothing happened. Pyrrha's last words are very open for interpretation. Perhaps it means forging your own path you believe in, walls and obstacles be damned.

Pyrrha believed destiny was something you worked towards your whole life, some sort of final goal.

I...I seriously doubt that P-money's 'death' was her destiny. Dying in the grander scheme of events in this show before the actual, really important ones kick off? Somethin' ain't right here...

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169546 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja Jaune, prepare your anus.

I think the writing is on the wall that SOMETHING big is going on behind the scenes, and it seems almost too perfect it would be Pyrrha not being gone for good, nomatter what some forum crawlers are demanding we thing. I know we will see Arkos sail again even if I have to sell Revanninja's soul to davy jones to raise it from the depths.

• revanninja

#33169561 - 3 years ago

In reply to AAGGRESSS

? Sell my soul?

sell-your-soul-to-rooster-teeth.png

I dont think you would get much for my soul too filled with SCARY things. I play Dark Souls for FUN that should tell you something.

But as for hints yes there are actually a LOT.

One of the really EASY ones is them not willing to confirm deaths despite the fact they have confirmed deaths before.

Roman was confirmed dead really quickly and even explained that hey he was suppose to die in Vol 1 but was so popular he lasted until 3. They also wanted to make a point that Roman despite how it looked was in reality small potatoes.

Yet for the Finale they said nope we wont confirm deaths.

So if we look at the Deaths that have happened we Narrow it down heavily.

Tukson

Merc's dad

Amber

Roman

Penny

Pyrrha

I listed them from least likely to most likely to be revived if it happens.

Tukson is a bit character with no real importance outside of establishing that Emerald and Mercury are bad people so chances of revival are SMALL at best.

Mercury's dad doesnt even have a speaking role and Mercury's backstory means the chance of him being alive are REALLY small.

Amber now we know Maiden powers normally move on when they die and cinder got her powers so we know she did die. Now she was in the machine so there is a possibility of revival from Wonky science but since Amber was a Mcguffin with little character development I doubt it.

Roman since he was confirmed dead by Gray and than later Kerry and Miles backed that up he is mostly certainly dead. Now he did have his cane and his death was REALLY anti-climatic but that seemed to be the point so its possible but unlikely.

Penny was chopped in half but is a robot and more then likely coming back due to science revolving around that fact. Its 50/50 here but she has a better chance then not.

Pyrrha is the one that the not confirming deaths comes up for in the first place add in the weirdness of her fight and you get a weird situation. Plus all the wasted Character development which doesnt even really go anywhere and it seems she out of anyone has the best chance of coming back.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169596 - 3 years ago

RT's saving for something big, or possibly trickling out snippets related to Pyrrha bit by bit to tease us all. You could say the same thing with Summer Rose, one of the biggest mysteries so far.

Went out on a mission, never came back. No body, just a message and overall acceptance that she's never coming back. Her weapon of choice is missing as well. Left at least one hole in someone's heart.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169651 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja My take on it is that both Pen and Phyrra are coming back but not near the same time. Likely scenario is if Pyrrha is brainwashed we will see her...shall we say black knight form, but not know who it is, sometime later, possibly after Penny has already come back, so she is not really back in the series in spirit till a bit later.

Penny should come back reguardless cos otherwise it is pointless to make her a robot if she isnt going to do robot things. I figured thanks to a rather nice fan comic that she will either be repaired with upgrades, or replaced by an identical penny with no memory of Ruby, so Ruby can spend some time being sad and trying to re befriend Penny 2.0. assuming she cant just be duct taped back together and call it a day cos frankly it didnt look like anything important was damaged, assuming her aura drive...thing is located in her chest where/near where the heart would be.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169652 - 3 years ago

In reply to MysticBlue summer Rose, you can never predict them.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169756 - 3 years ago

I can see a version of Pyrrha going the way of Magneto if the writers wanted to. Also, are there ways for a possible resurrection without it feeling cheap or trying to do it for other characters?

• revanninja

#33169766 - 3 years ago

In reply to MysticBlue

Yes if for example in the resurrection they make it clear its a ONE time only thing and only possible because of Unique situations.

So let us look at an example of a story idea I have where Pyrrha is being puppeted by a Grimm inside her arrow wound. Its keeping her alive but her body isnt healing and wearing out because of this. She in the story idea is being used as a Prototype to see what they can and can not do with the grimm by Cinder and Salem. Jaune and co are warned that removing the grimm would most likely kill either because of the process or because of the built up trauma involved.

When they do finally kill the grimm Jaune is holding her as she dies in his arms and his semblance, which I think is healing, activates and goes NUTS over his emotions it drains him dry but he heals Pyrrha from the brink of death.

He is out of it for a good couple of days and Pyrrha though alive still needs treatment she will get better physically but mentally she needs a LOT of help as she was AWARE the whole time.

It creates a situation where Jaune might be able to cast Super heal again but the chances of it are low and I would make it clear that Pyrrha BARELY survived it.

If they use a macguffin like say healing water make it the last tiny tiny amount left in the world and even that was a miracle it worked.

Basically make them WORK for the Rez and that the characters are aware this is not something that can be repeated easily if ever.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169768 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja This is why I compared it to the idea of them having a very fairytail style resurection, with Ruby and Jaune having to complete 3 impossible tasks for an old woman on a mountain. That is the way you make a story interesting without it having to be bleak, make the protagonists work for their goals.

obviously the other option is the idea she was never dead and is being healed and either brainwashed or converted by Salem. This could still use Jaunes soposed healing power, or just generally have him snap her out of it with the power of love (dawww)

Third way which is still fairly mythological would likely be that she is dead, but Salem and other spooky stuff is in the afterlife, making the afterlife a sort of second layer of life to Remanent, the Greeks did this a lot with the underworld being a physical place, and people could come and go as long as they completed some other impossible tasks (Orpheus was so metal his love song caused the god of the dead to shed a tear of solid iron) This could actually work cos of Pyrrhas connection to Achilies, who ascended this way, but would require some matter of divine intervention, or permanently altering the laws of life and death in a way they have never mentioned before, so probably the least likely.

or she is still alive and jsut being drained of her semblance and will come back nearly powerless, mentally scarred and probably with white hair, they did afterall just introduce the scarab which can suck people of all their powers, and Cinder mentioned taking away the enemies power, so maeby she plans to suck Pyrrha,.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169769 - 3 years ago

*cuts to Cinder wielding a large bendy straw as she walks towards Pyrrha*

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169771 - 3 years ago

So, single-use Dragon Balls, miracle healing Dust or spring water, a Semblance powerful enough to bring ONE person back from the dead (at the cost of the user), or the power of love >_>

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169772 - 3 years ago

I thought Jaune's Semblance was implied to be protective in nature.

• revanninja

#33169778 - 3 years ago

In reply to MysticBlue

Its unknown RT has said we have seen it before and looking back the only thing that happens with Jaune when he glows which is what happens with Semblances is he heals his wounds. So that is why I think its healing.

They could also go with the angle Pyrrha never died in the first place it only LOOKED like it. No one says she is dead or confirms it in story unlike with RvB Doc to Donut. We only have jen saying her story is over so they could come from that angle and be like who said she was dead not us that is for sure.

• revanninja

#33169791 - 3 years ago

Another possible idea is the Aura transfer machine.

Cinder interrupted it in the middle of the process which WAS working. So when Pyrrha "Died" her soul was partial untethered so her body died but her mind and soul did not.

Jaune might act as an anchor for her either because she unlocked his aura and so they know each other FAR better then anyone else or simply because she just plain knows him.

Her presence is like a Parasite draining him of Aura in order to keep her spirit alive but he is able to handle it because of his large Aura reserves though it means he has to be careful as if he loses his aura completely it could hurt Pyrrha.

With time they could use the Aura Transfer machine to place her in a Robot body or possibly a clone body depending on factors.

It would be unique because it was the short time span between the Transfer going wrong and Pyrrha's death that allowed it in the first place because normally that doesnt work like that.

It also applies to the Joan d'arc part of Jaune since she was said to hear the voice of god well Jaune hears the voice of a goddess instead.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33169801 - 3 years ago

In reply to revanninja Gota be honest, I dont really mind the specifics, tho there are some really good plot opportunaties i would love to see come true from all the ideas floating around, I will just be happy to have Penny and Pyrrha back in the cast, and the show diging itself out of unrelenting bleakness.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33169805 - 3 years ago

We will probably never see the lightheartedness of the first 2 volumes ever again (unless it's the series finale or something).

I hate this hiatus so much T_T

• revanninja

#33169806 - 3 years ago

In reply to MysticBlue

They CAN have the lightheartedness back its just not right now is all. It depends on how they go about next season.