Forums > RWBY

Overall Points discussed in 'Consequences of Pyrrha Nikos' Death' (Before the thread became a general one)

Posts (147)

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33170627 - 3 years ago

In reply to WrightKnight I just imagined seeing that, and the fanbase exploding with cheeres.

• jordan_pyrrhaswaifu

jordan_pyrrhaswaifu FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33170776 - 3 years ago

IMO I think around volume 7 it would be cool if there was a side story of Pyrrha in that dimension where Salem is and she's trying to find a way out.

But that's just me

• jordan_pyrrhaswaifu

jordan_pyrrhaswaifu FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33170777 - 3 years ago

In reply to MysticBlue also Dream Come True and Shine :

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33170977 - 3 years ago

In reply to WrightKnight

That would be awesome!

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33171274 - 3 years ago

I'm guessing some of you guys already saw some comments I posted saying how I came up with a fan-fic story that allows for Pyrrha to be revived using the tech from the Vault, but I was wondering if anyone would be okay with/ up for me elaborating on that story.

• Someday

Someday

#33171314 - 3 years ago

I'm pretty curious. What's the theory?

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33171346 - 3 years ago

In reply to Someday

Well, it's kind of complicated, involving some complex physics, biology, engineering, a new character and a new semblance.

The story goes that Pyrrha has a twin brother, but apart from their different pairs of sex chromosomes, they're identical twins. Basically, the dad's Y-chromosome was defective, so the first cell had 2 X-chromosomes and 1 Y-chromosome. When they split, the 2 X-chromosomes duplicated, but the Y didn't, so it stayed in one cell which eventually became Silas Nikos. Due to a lack of resources, the two X-chromosomes competed for survival, and in the process, part of one gene from one of the X-chromosomes repaired the Y-chromosome's defective portion.

At birth, a Mercenary family member (who came to the hospital last-minute from a field assignment) accidentally exposed Silas to trace amounts of Plutonium-contaminated Dust, which was being developed by a terrorist group for use in dirty bombs. It turns out, when you add an Actinide (Actinium, Thorium, Uranium, etc.) to dust, you get what's called Stardust, which changes an individual's semblance into a Cosmic semblance- "Cosmics" can use raw energy from space, making them very powerful. Cosmic semblances are the hardest to unlock, which is especially true for Silas, given how powerful Plutonium is.

Growing up, Silas became very skilled in physics and mechanics. While at Beacon, he was taking 4 PhD classes off-campus: Astrophysics, Quantum Mechanics, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. Eventually, Ozpin recommended him to work as the head engineer for the Aura technology down in the Vault.

He unlocks his semblance the same night Pyrrha dies (actually as a result- he sees the disintegrated gold bits trailing away in the wind, and that sets him off), and it's revealed that he is the most powerful cosmic in history. His semblance: Cosmic Singularity- the ability to harness massive amounts of Dark Energy/Matter, as well as other common sources in space. Abilities: wormhole teleportation, black holes (*technically, black hole simulations- real black holes are too powerful to be safely wielded in any way), and the ability to shoot out Quasar Jets. Interestingly, the Quasar Jets are compatible with Pyrrha's polarity- she can redirect this beam of pure energy to use like a shield or a fuel rod cannon (the Halo CE campaign kind, not the multiplayer kind).

So, upon unlocking his powers, he obliterates two grim, teleports over the tower, uses a black hole simulation to pick up what's left of Pyrrha, teleports down to the Vault, uses a special canister to directly connect Pyrrha to the computer mainframe, and starts working on a way to bring her back. After 47 hours, he's re-calibrated the CCV (I think that's what it was called), used a specialized 3D printer to make Pyrrha a new body (this is feasible- researchers have successfully 3D printed transplant organs), and collected some original DNA samples from Pyrrha's brush in her room. In the meantime, Pyrrha's still conscious through the computer mainframe- she is able to walk around the Vault like an A.I. hologram from Halo.

When he gets the body in place in one chamber of the CCV and hooks Pyrrha's canister up to the other side, Cinder shows up. Silas, as it turns out, is experienced in Shaolin Crane style boxing, making his moves less predictable to Cinder. In the end, he teleports a solar flare from a blue star (the most energetic kind of star there is), hits Cinder with it, then converts it into a Quasar Jet and hits her again! But, he's a Taoist- it's against his very morals to kill; he holds back when shooting Cinder with the Quasar Jet, but still seriously messes her up. Over the next couple of months, he helps Pyrrha rehabilitate, and learns how to control his new abilities.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33171912 - 3 years ago

.....Sorry my brain was trying its best to comprehend this.
    I've also moved on (temporarily) to the Discord app the RWBY reddit is using while the hiatus is on.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33171956 - 3 years ago

I still believe we are being trolled, depending on the tone they set with next volume i still see hope of Pyrrha and Penny coming back. A lot of people like to cite the fairytail or mythic references for explaining character deaths but...well those myths were often about the characters ENTIRE life, so ya they die at the end, eventually everyone dies. But Pyrrha died very young, very early in the story and very pointlessly, this aint a heroes death or even a well written death, its a death of being stuffed into the fridge so RWBY can fire her laser. Frankly while I had my problems with RT here and there before, and I am still very unhappy with their attitude over all this, I know they aint bad writers like that, and I expect they got something big planned. Maeby Vol 4 wont start with Pyrrhas eyes opening in Salems dimension, but she will be back...and Penny also but seriously who dint see that coming, she is a robot, they are a bit harder to keep dead than that.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33171967 - 3 years ago

THe whole Achilles thing is precisely why we have things like TVTropes. In a way, adhering a character to its inspiration is...kinda predictable. Imagine the shitstorm if RT never killed her: "But she's Achilles, she's SUPPOSED to die!!! WAAAHHHHH!!!!"

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33171986 - 3 years ago

In reply to WrightKnight

It turns out the famed Greek warrior wasn't actually named Achilles- Achilles is french for "Ankle" and when the British read the French translations of the story, they thought his name was Achilles. Turns out, the story just called him 'the guy who took an arrow to the ankle and got f***ed up', or something like that.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33172018 - 3 years ago

In reply to WrightKnight So Ruby accidentally is tricked into eating some of her grandmothers guts, Norra gets bitten by a giant snake and dies, Ren cross dresses and gets captured then commits suicide, Qurow gets set on fire, Ironwood meets his removed organic parts which are now their own person...I could go on, also pretty sure Goldilocks never lost a limb. This is exactly why following the inspiration to a T is a bad idea. The inspiration should be an easter egg to pop in every now and again.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33172077 - 3 years ago

In reply to MEK1724...dang man, you win at the internet. Add everything he said to my long...long LONG list of grievances with Pyrrhas situation, and why I think she should be brought back.

• pietjepolo

pietjepolo

#33172116 - 3 years ago

Pyrrha's death still sucks...

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33172117 - 3 years ago

In reply to pietjepolo our point in a nut shell.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33172131 - 3 years ago

In reply to MEK1724

I never got the impression that Pyrrha was so distraught that she'd become suicidal. The way I saw her accepting the Fall Maiden powers when she did was in the sense that she no longer had any other choice, and Ozpin knew that as well, despite what he said before she stepped into the pod. At that point, his words were just going through the motions, giving her the illusion of choice, and Pyrrha knew that. I will concede that Pyrrha's the type of person that would still see what's happened as her fault, despite two people she trusts reassuring her that it wasn't, that she was manipulated into killing Penny.

Now, the best way to give the audience the idea that she's gone suicidal or trying to go for a "warrior's atonement"...have Pyrrha fight the Paladins, not Velvet, and do it in a way that shows both the audience AND the other characters that something's seriously wrong with her. Something like having her fight recklessly. They'd already shown how rattled she was against Penny, so build on that fighting the two Paladins, and get her into a position that Weiss would still end up calling on her Knight's Arm to save her.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33172134 - 3 years ago

In reply to MEK1724 Reguardless of what actually was shown and what was intended to be conveyed, it was not done well, and the fact that the random fans are coming up with improvements that could have made it more believeable is further damning. at the end of the day if on the off chance I am wrong and they really did just kill off Pyrrha for cheep drama, than they have killed off one of the most popular characters and one of the most popular ships, on a franchize that runs on likable characters and breaths fan ships. I atleast hope they come to recognise that, but the way they acted in the podcast, I feel the only way that will happen is if they take a financial hit. It may make me sound petty and I probably am, but if I am wrong and Pyrrha is dead for good, I hope they take that financial hit, the fans whos hearts broke from this unsatasfying and poorly done death scene deserve some retrobution.

(everyone cross your dam fingers and hope I am right and she is coming back. And keep em crossed

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33172164 - 3 years ago

All I'm going to say now is that I've come to my conclusions regarding this event, and I did not come to them lightly. It took analyzing the rest of the season, along with the little bits of information we have gotten from RT (assuming one takes them at merely face value) to come to them, and as a result, while I will be continuing with the series, I will do so with a far more critical eye regarding plot elements and character writing.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33172166 - 3 years ago

My big problem with the idea of Pyrrha being suicidal is the amount of time involved.

Its not even a full 8 hours as far as we know from Penny's death to Pyrrha's death. She hasnt had time to process it really and its been shoved into the back of her mind.

If they had given it more time I could buy it but not as close as it is she hasnt even had time to actually go I killed someone yet.

Her mental shutdown mode isnt her processing it its her going what did I just do? and unable to really process it which is why she doesnt respond to anything.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33172253 - 3 years ago

Been listening and examining the lyrics to Shine, and I have to say that the lyrics could fit a POW or Dark/Corrupted/Grimm-fied Pyrrha, hell even Spirit Pyrrha. On the other hand I can see Shine being used as a battle theme (somehow). Arranged remix?

"....I was cold in the dark

It was empty in my life

From the outside it looked so bright

But nothing felt right... to me

Like a sky with no sun

Like a night that has no day

My heart was eclipsed by the dark

Then something changed

I saw a little ray of light come through

The tiniest of sparks came into view

And then

You made me hope again..."

• Operator115

Operator115

#33172273 - 3 years ago

Pyrrha being suicidal wouldn't work, you are talking about someone who we know their character, we have seen how she fights how she protects her friends and how she acts. You are talking about someone that strong being mentally broken to the point of suicidal thoughts when she even asks cinder at the end if she believes in destiny, something no suicidal person would bring up in their final moments.

first, the reason contrived for her to be suicidal is not a good one. Let's look at the fight with Penny. a trained huntress and the "best" would know better than to use her semblance at "full" power like that, there was truly no point. she would have known the most she could have lost was the match, she was in no real danger illusion or not and that killing another student is a much worse consequence than loosing a fake match..

Second was the illusion and how it started, assuming we are seeing through Pyrrhas eyes when the swords duplicate, a warrior like her would immediately notice something was off, because she watches the swords multiply in front of her like an illusion.

Watching the fight again it's just wrong, the whole thing was so forced in, it was detached not believable at all, I know it was to create drama and show that RWBY was supposed to be dark and edgy. But it happened so suddenly and unnaturally that it actually did the opposite and raised questions that took me out of the world and the show I was watching.

In just two short 10 minute episodes it goes from a darker but still charming show. to full on AoT status, mind you this is only 20 minutes, not even long enough to be a single episode in a full anime.

• Operator115

Operator115

#33172275 - 3 years ago

In reply to MEK1724

Holly crap that was actually intresting to read, thank you for the work you put into writing that.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33172287 - 3 years ago

In reply to Operator115

My take on the "Do you believe in Destiny?" thing was Pyrrha accepting that situation as her Destiny... in a really convoluted way.

• Operator115

Operator115

#33172292 - 3 years ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

Could be, but honestly it sounds more like writers making a play on what was about to happen, Pyrrhas big reason for dying in the plot was to awaken the ruby exmachina. So like it was her destiny to die and awaken that and move the plot along. So like she was refering to that as her destiny.

• MythicFox

MythicFox

#33172323 - 3 years ago

I sincerely hope Pyrrha was not used as a plot device... Her last words are SO ambiguous and vague it can be interpreted in almost any way possible. Damn this hiatus.