Forums > RWBY

Shane's Open Letter to "All Who Treasured Monty Oum"

Posts (913)

• adonalsium

adonalsium FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Oh no.

#33205929 - 2 years ago

Earlier today, Shane posted this letter.

Thoughts?

• ChrisM17

ChrisM17 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33205935 - 2 years ago

I hope somebody from RT gives us answers soon. Hopefully the reasons Shane left weren't the same as Arryn, Kara, Ray, Spoole, and anybody else who has left RT in the last year.

• Steve429

Steve429 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Aim for the flat-top

#33205948 - 2 years ago

There better be a reasonable explanation. Shane's letter was 36 pages on Drive. I expect something equally well elaborating

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33205960 - 2 years ago

Sounds like RT's gonna have LOT of egg on their face real soon.

You know, I wasn't gonna say it....but reading this, it sounds like they fucking HIJACKED RWBY once Monty died.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33205987 - 2 years ago

I posted this in a different thread but

We are only seeing one side of this and all of it from Shane a clearly injuried party. I cant say he is wrong but what I am saying is there is more then one side and we havent heard from them.

I also dont think we will see a response there is no good way to respond to this and some of it has to be covered by employer and company policies.

• Steve429

Steve429 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Aim for the flat-top

#33206002 - 2 years ago

In reply to revanninja

Same reply as I gave you in the other thread: This is RoosterTeeth. If you're going to dedicate an entire podcast episode to the memory of one of your employees when they pass away, and strengthen a community around his vision, you damn well better provide an explanation

• adonalsium

adonalsium FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Oh no.

#33206008 - 2 years ago

In reply to WrightKnight

certainly that's what it sounds like. I'm hoping RT will provide us a statement of some sort soon.

• Jester1985

Jester1985 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33206010 - 2 years ago

honestly? i think the leter is bull. its clear he is talking from an overly emotional stand point. we all know that miles and kerry worked very very closely with monty and for this one guy, who yes worked with monty for a while, to say that they completely changed his vision? i highly highly doubt it. and whats more, he was fired four months ago, why only come out with this now?

point being, im one of those people that believe that monty would want the worl he mad , and the characters he worked on to survive period. Honestly, montys true vison, from what i read anyways, wasn't there for a while after he wasn't the one doing ALL of the work and to my knowledge that was directly after vol 1. To be fair , we dont know really who is at fault here. But i am still calling bull on this letter .

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33206012 - 2 years ago

In reply to Steve429

My reply in the other thread

In reply to revanninja

In reply to Steve429
    It depends on what their company policies on airing internal dynamic especially on current projects are.
    Its also possible Shane was clinging too hard to the original view of RWBY which we know is no longer what RWBY is since for example the Maidens werent a thing before Volume 2 because Monty created them between vol 2 to vol 3.
    So there may have been changes in the pipeline and Shane wasnt responding to the changes something that without Monty was going to be an issue. And it built up till he was let go. I dont know just a couple of the things he mentions like for example Winter and Mercury sound like he could adapt to the changes going on.

• BrookDesu

BrookDesu

#33206021 - 2 years ago

This all does seem a little weird just coming out of nowhere.

• Z_Cypher

Z_Cypher

#33206025 - 2 years ago

I'm willing to give RT the benefit of the doubt. But they better have a damn good explanation for what's alleged in the contents of this letter.

• Jester1985

Jester1985 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33206036 - 2 years ago

we also have to concider the fact that they WONT respond. the sad fact is if this guy broke an NDA by releasing this info, then it would be in RT's best interest NOT to respond. I dont agree with that mind you, but it is a possibility. Also if they did respond it would turn thsi whole thing into a he saud she said argument and we wouldn't know who to believe. Bottom line, i do hope they respond , i really do, but if they dont then they more than likely have their reasons not to.

• GearsandArms

GearsandArms FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33206045 - 2 years ago

A lot of people, and I mean a lot of fans are not going to like this. Right or wrong, Rooster Teeth will have to give a very good explanation to them. Especially if Shane Newville claims they cut-out important plot elements for the wrong reasons.

• Matt317

Matt317 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold the guy

#33206047 - 2 years ago

All we can do is just wait for the full story. There's no point in stirring the pot and causing more pointless e-drama.

• Judge_Cain

Judge_Cain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33206049 - 2 years ago

My god, i go into the fandom and I see this? I have faith in RT and I am looking forward to hearing something, some kind of response from them about this.

• BrookDesu

BrookDesu

#33206055 - 2 years ago

The thing is, many people on twitter and tumblr have already eaten this up without hearing anything from RT.

• Jester1985

#33206063 - 2 years ago

yeah thats the internet for you though, it smells a hint of drama or decent and just descends on it like damn vultures

• RICE79

RICE79 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33206065 - 2 years ago

I am just going to sit here and wait to see if RT say anything

• Jester1985

#33206066 - 2 years ago

^

• Judge_Cain

Judge_Cain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33206073 - 2 years ago

indeed

• Judge_Cain

#33206074 - 2 years ago

I'm sure by now Barbara would've gotten wind about this as soon as it started flaring up

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33206078 - 2 years ago

In reply to Judge_Cain

I knew they had stepped into a minefield the second the finale broke, but I did not know it was going to be THIS bad. I've heard enough and I've seen enough of RT's take even before this happened. I know what side I'm on for this. I'll hear their said of it like anyone else, but it had better a DAMN GOOD explanation. Got a funny feeling that RTX is going to be FUN this year.

• Steve429

#33206080 - 2 years ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Oh yeah. They need to hash this out NOW before appearing in front of a live audience of several thousand. Regardless of who is right or wrong.

• Judge_Cain

#33206083 - 2 years ago

The worse part it's close enough that this will be on everybody's minds. I can just see the looks people will give them all. hell I wouldn't be surprised if attendance dropped because of this

• Matt317

Matt317 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold the guy

#33206090 - 2 years ago

I do find it a little odd that those who are now upset about Monty's vision supposedly being "warped" didn't seem to have any qualms with Vol. 3 up till now.