Forums > RWBY

Shane's Open Letter to "All Who Treasured Monty Oum"

Posts (913)

• howlingarmadillo

howlingarmadillo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33315887 - 1 year ago

Yeah, RT fans said all that there really was to be said about this like two days after the letter appeared, let's let this topic die please. We know all we're going to know.

• NoGround

NoGround FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33316212 - 1 year ago

6 months later, and experiencing De ja-vu in this thread here for the 5th time (every time I've looked at it).

• JTeenmining

JTeenmining

#33330561 - 1 year ago

I gotta say that if what he was saying about the file system was true... management is stupid, keeping the original assets on network so that it's easy to download off of, then do everything local, then just copy the animation and send it where it needs to go to be compiled

• Stop0x7D

Stop0x7D FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33330652 - 1 year ago

In reply to JTeenmining Repositories are a pretty standard practice any time multiple people need to make changes to the same files, as they almost certainly do when animating a scene. They may have gotten away with not using one when RWBY was a smaller project, but it would be massively inefficient now.

• YunDawn

YunDawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33343125 - 1 year ago

Can we please let this thread die?  It is over and done with.  There's no point in rehashing this over and over.  People need to move on.  

• Splee_Spree

Splee_Spree YOUR AD HERE

#33343127 - 1 year ago

In reply to YunDawn

No one had posted anything in a week. 

• GeoffVader

GeoffVader FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33360023 - 1 year ago

I just spent the last couple hours reading this, and I have to say, it's pretty intense.

Do I think he's overreacting? Maybe a little. But some of the things he said, some of the quotes that he's alleged... that pretty serious. I'm taken aback a little, and I feel like I have to look at Rooster Teeth differently now... I don't want this to affect my perception of the great content that all the different departments of Rooster Teeth put out, but unless I hear some form of official statement from Rooster Teeth; and I know I won't this is going to be in the back of my mind any time I'm watching RWBY.

I'm going to try and start keeping tabs on Rooster Teeth, whenever I can.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33360028 - 1 year ago

In reply to GeoffVader

Why do people keep necro posting this?

It goes a solid week or more with nothing then some random person pulls it back up again.

• Splee_Spree

Splee_Spree YOUR AD HERE

#33360047 - 1 year ago

In reply to GeoffVader

I also am concerned about SOME of the allegations (blatant mistreatment of employees and Monty's widow), but at the end of the day it's one guy's word. A guy who none of us knew even in the limited capacity that we know some RT employees. On top of that, he was going through an EXTREMELY stressful time in his life (some of which was his own fault) and sounds like he's being delusional. And we've already discussed why it would make no sense for RT to make on open official response.

Now, I had already kind of lost the feeling of connection to the RT guys that I had well before all this. But I still appreciate them as content creators, and that's not going to change because of this mess. If something bad did go down, I'd like to know about it. But that's almost certainly not going to happen. What I DO know, is that of the hundreds of employees who have worked at Rooster Teeth, the vast majority were happy and seemed like good people. The only exceptions I've heard of are this guy (who doesn't seem very reliable to me), JJ (whose single complaint was unjustified, and who said he was thankful for the time at the company), and Kathleen (who clearly had some kind of personal disagreement with RT, but has refused to speak about it and instead continues to do VA for them and support the fanbase). If RT was half as evil as this guy says it is, I would expect disgruntled employees to be pouring out of the woodwork.

Also ninja is right: we've pretty much discussed this to death.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#33360221 - 1 year ago

This thread is one of those cases where the "correct" move is to lock it, but that could be viewed as trying to silence the discussion. So it's just kind of stuck in limbo where every so often someone finds it and wants to add their voice to a long dead topic.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33360231 - 1 year ago

In reply to DiMono

I thought that might be the case I was going to ask to have it locked but then I thought there is probably a reason they havent done so yet.

• REDbent

REDbent FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold redbent

#33360235 - 1 year ago

In reply to DiMono yes but  even reddit locks threads after a while.. it lets the commenters know that .... "sorry this discussion is over ... move a long"  while it may not be "nice" it is "necessary". ie topics from 1st grade are not accepted when you are a Senior.  

• duketheluke

duketheluke FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Rvb: Project Genesis

#33360328 - 1 year ago

Best thing I guess would be to unsubscribe to the thread... but I don't want to... in case someone posts something stupid so one of us can point it out....