Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (10476)

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33743072 - 5 months ago

rosegarden is cute and i'd find it adorable if oscar ended up developing a crush on ruby, but i hope it just stays like that and remains one-sided 

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743113 - 5 months ago

In reply to sssnlove

So you drop Oscar 20 miles inland ...

• SaberWulf

SaberWulf

#33743133 - 5 months ago

• SaberWulf

SaberWulf

#33743134 - 5 months ago

Idk How to delete stuff on here. I shouldn't try making arguments when Im already tilted from something else and half asleep

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743341 - 5 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Quote yourself or nobody does it.

Ship scorecard (update)

In the following ranking progress score 10 is the classic movie confirmation by consensual (unopposed) romantic kiss and or confession of love by both involved characters.

"Work" related interactions (life saving) do not count, friendship interactions neither.

Arkos: 10/10

Type: Lady's pick

confirmed with romantic kiss

Blacksun: 8/10

Type: Standard

has her mothers seal of approval

he visited her family

positive physical reactions on her side (blushing, flirting posture, cat ear position change)

Renora: 2/10

Type: Sandbox

Holding hands

Snowbird: 0/10

Type: dual sided subconscious denial

Status: stalled, due to nature of ship, both involved characters have subconscious "independence protection" engaged which sabotages any friendly interaction, has to move to single sided subconscious denial first and will not make any progress there either.

Iceberg: 1/10

Type: Standard

Went to a dance together

Status: aborted, due to participant going for other persons in presence of other participant

Disclaimer: I guessed the scriptwriters intentions. and I may be just dead wrong.

The scripwriters have my sympathies, because any progress of a ship involving main characters will probably disappoint more shippers whose ships are sunk by loss of availabilty than are pleased by confirmation of their ships.

• Wits

Wits FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743344 - 5 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Black son 8 and Renora only 2 ??? Realy, I don't understand why, in your scale of values, the approval of parental figure has four time the weight of a tender gesture, generaly romanticaly connotated, between the two involved protagonist...

• BakedBrain

#33743345 - 5 months ago

In reply to Wits

I will score Renora higher if it is reinforced with repetitions. It was not on 5, or I have overlooked something. I actually overlooked the holding hands, just noticed it when I watched for the second time.

And the high score for Blacksun is not coming from parental approval but mainly from position 3, especially the consistence. And then Blacksun has 3 positions, although 2 are not really different, so I will adjust accordingly the next time.

If you give me any incident, also from other ships I will check it and score it. That is my second update and I am ready to correct, if I get new information.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743581 - 5 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain

In reply to Wits

I will score Renora higher if it is reinforced with repetitions. It was not on 5, or I have overlooked something. I actually overlooked the holding hands, just noticed it when I watched for the second time.

And the high score for Blacksun is not coming from parental approval but mainly from position 3, especially the consistence. And then Blacksun has 3 positions, although 2 are not really different, so I will adjust accordingly the next time.

If you give me any incident, also from other ships I will check it and score it. That is my second update and I am ready to correct, if I get new information.

For Renora see v1 ep 3

They just set Blacksun down in V6 ep 1

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33743583 - 5 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Yeah they set it down but it’s definitely continuing when we get to Vacuo.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743604 - 5 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Yeah they set it down but it’s definitely continuing when we get to Vacuo.

I disagree, and I am not just saying that as a Bumblebee shipper, it could be 2 or 3 volumes before team RWBY goes to Vacuo, possibly even a year or two in universe time, with that long of a hiatus from one of the characters, you will have a hard time putting together a believable mainship

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33743606 - 5 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Not really, and I do actually doubt it’ll be even a year in univers before the cast will head there, there’s a chance it will be but that’s at most I’m sure. Besides they’ve been building it up since his introduction, I highly doubt they’d just throw it away simply because it’d be awhile for em to of seen each other. I have zero doubt Black Sun will happen because of how much it’s clearly shown for the direction they’ve been building for when it comes to who Blake will be with. Hell the BB ship hadn’t seen each other for about two years irl, about a year in series, and yet it’s fans still believe it was/is possible, so it can still be very believable for BS to be a thing despite Sun’s hiatus.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33743607 - 5 months ago

Just gonna say something I’ve been feeling like saying for awhile, ship what ya want but at least be able to realize and admit when what you ship ain’t gonna be canon. It won’t necessarily mean you’ll be able to enjoy it any less, especially if you look over and enjoy fan art and fics, there’s plenty of ships in other series that I loved that didn’t happen and/or I know won’t happen and I can accept that and won’t delude myself but still fully enjoy them. I’ll enjoy what the community makes, and quite often it’s actually better then what we could of gotten in canon with the ship we like, at least in my experience with fan work, it has been like so. 

And when it comes to a characters sexuality, it’s stupid to say it can be anything and roll with that canonically, fine to do so in fics of course, but just because it hasn’t been stated what it is for the characters in series or by the creators doesn’t mean it hasn’t been established. Simply seeing the characters actions, and what they say you can get what their sexuality is and so far, only person to show any attraction/has made it known they like the same sex in RWBY is Ilia, with Emerald having it somewhat hinted at, so we can say Ilia is lez with Emerald being able to be considered such. 

Most other important characters has only shown things that make it so we can only consider them straight so far, and I doubt that’ll change with most of them. So with team RWBY we got only clear evidence to just suggest that Weiss, Blake and Yang are straight though with Ruby we could consider her asexual at the moment since she’s shown no attraction for either unless I’m forgetting something, and with JNPR we can clearly come to the conclusion that each of them are straight. Again ones sexuality doesn’t need to be stated to know it, and I’m tired of some saying a character can be bi simply because they haven’t stated their sexual preferences despite all evidence pointing to a number of characters only being straight in this series so far, yes that can change but for most I doubt it.

This is why most yaoi and Yuri ships pretty much factly don’t have even a sliver of a chance of happening in RWBY, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter, as you can enjoy your ships with your fellow shippers endlessly anyways. A ship doesn’t need to be canon or have a chance for you to enjoy it, hell two of my top 10 favorite ships are ones that I know would never happen, Paul x Dawn in Pokémon, and Axel, other wise known as Lea, from Kingdom Hearts x Elsa from Frozen this one of course being a crack ship.

• DekZek

DekZek

#33743608 - 5 months ago

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that sexual attraction is a different (although often intertwined) concept than romantic attraction. However, because this show isn't going into that discussion, nor do I think it ever will, we can treat them as 1:1 related. Ships are almost always based on Romantic attraction.

Also, Demiromantic/Demisexual is a thing (which I'm pretty sure applies to Ren, maybe to Nora).

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33743609 - 5 months ago

In reply to DekZek

You are indeed correct there, suppose I could of been more accurate regarding those.

Very true, Ren as well as Nora certainly could be considered those.

• Irishtiger21

Irishtiger21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743619 - 5 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

You know, I've been feeling the exact same thing, though not about the group of shippers you're referring to.

• MichaelHalpe

#33743631 - 5 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Not really, and I do actually doubt it’ll be even a year in univers before the cast will head there, there’s a chance it will be but that’s at most I’m sure. Besides they’ve been building it up since his introduction, I highly doubt they’d just throw it away simply because it’d be awhile for em to of seen each other. I have zero doubt Black Sun will happen because of how much it’s clearly shown for the direction they’ve been building for when it comes to who Blake will be with. Hell the BB ship hadn’t seen each other for about two years irl, about a year in series, and yet it’s fans still believe it was/is possible, so it can still be very believable for BS to be a thing despite Sun’s hiatus.

no they haven't been building it up Sun saying "It was never about that, Brainiac" says no. BB also were very effected by being separated and it was about 6 months or so for them,

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33743634 - 5 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

That was Sun saying that he wasn’t attempting to get with her by going with her but to be there for her, that doesn’t mean at all though that the writers weren’t building up their relationship as such. It’s meant to show that Sun is a good guy that isn’t trying to get anything out of someone he cares for, and in this case has feelings for, but just to help them when he sees they need it again though it’s not implying they weren’t building up their relationship in a romantic sense. Don’t delude yourself into thinking that it is what they were meaning to say with that line just to discredit their growing relationship from being romantic, cause it doesn’t mean that, it’s merely showing more of Sun’s character and how selfless he is for others he cares about. 

Effective how? And definitely in the more then 6 range, though we have no clue how long they’ll be in Atlas, could end up being just 3 months or less for all we know.

• MichaelHalpe

#33743640 - 5 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

In reply to MichaelHalpe

That was Sun saying that he wasn’t attempting to get with her by going with her but to be there for her, that doesn’t mean at all though that the writers weren’t building up their relationship as such. It’s meant to show that Sun is a good guy that isn’t trying to get anything out of someone he cares for, and in the case has feelings for, but just to help them when he sees they need it again though it’s not implying they weren’t building up their relationship in a romantic sense. Don’t delude yourself into thinking that it is what they were meaning to say with that line cause it ain’t, it’s merely showing more of Sun’s character and how selfless he is for others he cares about. 

Effective how? And definitely in the more then 6 range, though we have no clue how long they’ll be in Atlas, could end up being just 3 months or less for all we know.

And we wont have any Sun screen time to see how he feels about the situation and its not like Atlas's borders will open up immediately after Team RWBY arrives nor is it certain they will go directly to Vacuo point is, by that time Sun could have easily moved on to find someone else, After all Sun has repeatedly pointed out that Blake belongs with her team, not with him.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33743642 - 5 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Your assuming Sun’s feelings for Blake would just disappear cause of not seeing her for awhile, which is just stupid. While yes it could certainly be a long time, it’s a silly to just think he will move on like that, he’s been infatuated with her practically since they met and that infatuation has grown over time, so I doubt time apart would change that. And yeah so what?  Him saying she belongs with her team doesn’t mean anything shipping wise, just that she should be with her friends, her second family that’s it. This is what I mean with people deluding themselves, you’re doing it right now by trying to make things mean something they clearly don’t just to fit your views on things and what you want. 

If you actually understood the characters, their words as well as the scenes and didn’t just try to make things fit with what you want, you wouldn’t be misunderstanding things that don’t mean what you think they do.

• MichaelHalpe

#33743646 - 5 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

No. they wont disappear, but they wont be romantic and arguably they never really were, at least not deeply. 

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33743647 - 5 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Believe what ya want but your clearly wrong about this part, and I can’t wait for the series itself to most likely prove ya wrong when he returns and they likely eventually become a couple.

Until then enjoy your delusion views on the subject.

• Irishtiger21

Irishtiger21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743655 - 5 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Wow! You must be on great terms with the writers to know for a fact exactly how things are going to turn out in RWBY. 

You could have handled this with class, instead you decided to take the low road and disparage someone who doesn't see and believe what you do. Way to be a gigantic douche and give credence to all of the negative perceptions about bs shippers. I'm not going to claim to know how things are going to end up, but I hope that things turn out completely opposite how you think they will and you're proven to be a fool and a clown. Don't bother replying, either, as I have nothing else to say to you.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33743662 - 5 months ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

Because I’m tired of people who don’t seem to understand certain things and choose to try and spin it in the way they believe despite what they should clearly mean. I knew I might come off as a jerk especially with my last reply, and I am sorry for it, especially since I realize I could of handle things in a better fashion but still I am just simply pointing out when someone is misunderstanding something and viewing them to mean something they very likely don’t, which should be clear for a couple reasons. Though I don’t believe one could call me a gigantic douche like you have since I was giving reasonable reasons with what I said and only called Michael delusion and not understanding things which isn’t really that bad, though I do realize it would of been best to leave out the delusion parts and not be rather condescending, as that wasn’t necessary at all and i do feel bad for it.

I also didn’t mean for it to come off like I think I know what will happen but what I believe will with the evidence we have for things, which I think makes what will happen and what certain scenes mean quite clear. And honestly I’d be fine if I end up wrong, as long as things make sense but with how things are, I simply believe I am correct that Black Sun will happen, again though if I’m wrong then I’m wrong and I will accept it. I do hope you respond so we can have this be more civil, and not end this on a sour note.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33743663 - 5 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

I do apologize for how I went about some of what I said, both having a rough day and can get rather rude/heated when in a discussion, which I’m trying to work on.

We both simply view things different, and while I can usually understand others views I merely have a very tough time understanding how one has the view on things that you do, as with how things have gone I just don’t get how you come to the conclusions you do.

• MichaelHalpe

#33743669 - 5 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

happens to the best of us. They have been building up tension and angst with BB even when they were separated, and I have trouble not seeing the timing of the Ilia reveal in V5 ep 8 or (to a far lesser extent) the score of V5 ep 10 as anything but foreshadowing, If Blake was a less important of a character, then I would say the having one half off-screen for extended periods would be fine, but as is, with only letter communication...