• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33727792 - 2 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L73Z6UdDEMc

He makes some good points

• competivekid

competivekid

#33728038 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 that was kinda made clear when jaune saved weiss from dying

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33728253 - 2 months ago

In reply to competivekid

I know, but he explained it to a sharp point. Everything he said was true and it's all pointing that way

• competivekid

competivekid

#33728293 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 not my choice of ship but whatevs

• AngelFlower23

AngelFlower23

#33730154 - 2 months ago

WhiteRose, Bumbleby, Seamonkeys, Renora, Arkos, Coco and Velvet. Full Pollination if done right and so far I have liked but one story with all four girls together , Pollination with out Enebler , depending on why Beeshnees , Raven x Summer, Snowbirds, Nuts & Dolts.

• AngelFlower23

AngelFlower23

#33730155 - 2 months ago

In reply to AngelFlower23

WhiteRose, Bumbleby, Seamonkeys, Renora, Arkos, Coco and Velvet. Full Pollination if done right and so far I have liked but one story with all four girls together , Pollination with out Enebler , depending on why Beeshnees , Raven x Summer, Snowbirds, Nuts & Dolts. How could I forget Monochrome. 

• AngelFlower23

AngelFlower23

#33730159 - 2 months ago

In reply to lostatsea303

I agree Pyrrha needs to stay dead her death has a good weight to the characters and the story.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33730165 - 2 months ago

No, it wasn't. 

• AngelFlower23

AngelFlower23

#33730210 - 2 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

No it's wasn't what

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33730216 - 2 months ago

I hate to say this but, I agree

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33730248 - 2 months ago

She needs to stay dead. Her story added good weight on the characters and story. 

No. JUST NO.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33730253 - 2 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

She does need to stay dead, if nothing else her death made the Fall of Beacon much more real, it brought consequence to the conflict. 

• tin-foilhat

#33730256 - 2 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

I'm not going to say another god damn word for fear of starting a heated argument. Let's agree to disagree and keep it civil because both of us love this show and respect one another as fellow fans. 

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33731671 - 2 months ago

Alrighty, I need to get this off my chest after the BS shipping argument I got into today. Ah the joys of being a bumblebee supporter. .

Sun is a poorly written character who’s backstory and thoughts are mostly made off fan assumptions. He is part of a long line of male/hetero love interests who latch on to the female protagonist at first sight and devote themselves to getting her no matter what. And if they can’t do

that they just cling and insert themselves into her life. If you really aren’t ok with icky
    ships...well, I got news for ya. Sun is what happens when writers don’t
    know how to write realistic relationships.

Blake and Yang are by no means a perfectly written potential couple.
    There is no confirmation that either are bi, or that they have feelings
    for each other. But there’s a lot of potential as anyone who watches the
    show knows.

But the thing is that they’re so much better than the alternative. Yang
    and Sun are not equal, and they’re relationships with Blake are night
    and day (pun intended). I think Sun’s “sunny” personality, Michael
    Jones’s good voice acting and the fact that we are so used to this kind
    of character in media has blinded a LOT of people to the reality. Hey
    vapid and one-dimensional.

And to be fair, Blake’s characterization has been all over the fucking
    place because they have no idea what they want her to be. But at least
    she has motivations that go beyond a creepy devotion to someone she’s
    attracted too.

In summary, Blake looks cute with both Yang and Sun. But one would be a
    relationship that’s realistic and between to characters who have lives,
    motivations and interests outside of each other. The other, isn’t that. I
    get wanting to be the peacemaker, to make everyone feel valid. But bad
    writing is bad writing. And no matter how goofy, tan, blond, ripped and
    earnest Sun is, he’s still a flat character and a creep. And that’s not
    his fault, it’s the writers. But it is the reality of the story. And we
    have to judge it by how it is, not how we imagine it could be.

• Irishtiger21

Irishtiger21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33731933 - 1 month ago

In reply to EliseProudmoore

I'm not sure I would say Sun is poorly written, per se. He does have a lack of characterisation and purpose outside of being a sidekick and method of developing/evolving Blake's character, but that may be by design rather than laziness or oversight, since I believe his purpose is in fact just as a sidekick and character developer for Blake, and that's why he's not getting more work put into him. Now, if they were to actually pair them romantically in canon, then I would have to say that, yes, they didn't put nearly enough into his character to put him on the same level as the main cast and that would be a serious disservice to his character (and Blake's). But I don't believe they will go that route and he will be cemented as a secondary or even tertiary character.

And regarding Blake's characterisation being all over the place, I believe that isn't her character actually being all over the place but rather her growing and changing as a character. Now, we'll need proof in the next couple volumes that it is in fact permanent character development, but I'm confident that's what it is.

I could be wrong about all of this, it's pure conjecture, but I feel like this is where the writers are going and I think it's all by design, not happenstance or lazy writing or anything like that.