Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (10218)

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33743701 - 1 week ago

imagine......everything in rwby was the same except the roles for yang and sun were switched where sun was on team rwby and yang was on team sssn and sun was the one who lost his arm and yang was the one who helped blake and develop her character..and blake kissed yang on the cheek..i feel like y'all would be screaming this is gay as hell

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33743703 - 1 week ago

idk man...call me wrong but the amount of choice words used during the blake/sun exchange in V6 C1 seemed like it was foreshadowing

-"and in the future......who knows"

-"i got the feeling you haven't seen the last of me"

-BLAKE'S SAD EXPRESSIONS THE ENTIRE TIME

i mean. she didn't have to kiss him on the cheek, she could've just gave him a quick hug but no....

we all know we're gonna have to end up in vacuo at some point, they've already been to mistral and are heading to atlas.....probably two more volumes and we'll in vacuo....there's a possibility blake and sun will meet again.....i don't think bs has sunk yet.

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33743706 - 1 week ago

AND ANOTHER THING, 

i've seen this said a few times on other sites, that BB shippers dropping rwby if it doesn't become canon like damn????? things like these make me sad because even if BB doesn't become canon seeing their friendship develop is cute and interesting enough? i'm pretty disappointed we didn't see more of yang being angry at blake though? i really want to see them talk it out.

honestly i don't want any ships among team rwby to happen i prefer them all as friends/family 

and even as a BS shipper, i'm not gonna throw a hissy fit if it doesn't become canon, i've had plenty of ships where i know damn well it not gonna be canon but still had fun making headcanons for it and crying at the screen if i seen my ship simply standing next to each other.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743780 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

What am I supposed to score for Renora in 1 3, they are not in this episode.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743792 - 1 week ago

In reply to BakedBrain

In reply to MichaelHalpe

What am I supposed to score for Renora in 1 3, they are not in this episode.

then 1-4 its been a while, but that was telegraphing the ship, 

• Wits

Wits FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743800 - 1 week ago

I rewatched episode 1 and there is something I didn't see noticed here : it's that piece of dialogue around 7:50 (about) that's a moment before the famous "kiss on the cheek" scene

Blake : I have to admit, I think I was kind of getting used to having you around

Sun : I go where I'm needed ... (little awkward silence) And... you don't need me anymore

Blake : Well, when you say it like that, it sound sad. 

Blake doesn't even try to deny it. At least, I take it like they acknowledge their relation is taking a break for now... That doesn't sound like an ongoing relation... For Blacksun has to be, it must have a fresh start, and there is a full arc between now and that moment.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743844 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

That is a hint and I do not score hints.

Furthermore I have the impression that you do'nt do that either.

Otherwise you should have "booked leaning towards "S" for Blake" from her trailer. Which does not exactly make her a top pick for "L" romantic relationships if you are going for canon.

And if you rewatch that ball episode you might notice that Blake goes cute/flirt twice. Although that makes her a top pick for any shipping with your favourite character, in the show the flirting is directed. And this posture scores.

I am fully aware, that the writers can do what they want in the future of the show. So Blake can go personality crisis "Something was missing in my previous ships", but as of now she has the most heavily "S" leaning ship record in the show.

And if you want to see what an unlock looks like then look at Neptune, he effectively dumped Weiss. So we can expect something there, although they are moving really slow shipwise. Pyrrha needed 3 volumes to conclude and she really rushed.

Finally I scored 1 for Renora, even before I noticed the holding-hands, but that was on credit. Nice of them to honour my credit.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743909 - 1 week ago

In reply to Wits

I rewatched episode 1 and there is something I didn't see noticed here : it's that piece of dialogue around 7:50 (about) that's a moment before the famous "kiss on the cheek" scene

Blake : I have to admit, I think I was kind of getting used to having you around

Sun : I go where I'm needed ... (little awkward silence) And... you don't need me anymore
    Blake : Well, when you say it like that, it sound sad. 

Blake doesn't even try to deny it. At least, I take it like they acknowledge their relation is taking a break for now... That doesn't sound like an ongoing relation... For Blacksun has to be, it must have a fresh start, and there is a full arc between now and that moment.

I got similar vibes. And that last scene with Neptune makes me think he thinks that Sun shouldn't have put the relationship on break, which is making me sort of suspicious that there might be some Bumblebee stuff before Blake and Sun can reunite in the Vacuo arc. I mean at this point between Adam, Ilia, Sun and potentially Yang its pretty clear that Blake is basically the main character of a Harem anime, so might as well go all out with it. Maybe end it in a one true threesome. ;)

Anyway, my OTP shall forever remain Nuts and Dolts:

AuQeymLm.jpgPad67wxm.jpg

They're just so perfect together. I just hope Penny can be repaired or restored from backup or something. She is a robot so it is possible. Alternatively maybe there could be a P.E.N.N.Y 2.0 that's subtly different and who takes an interest in Ruby due to knowing of her close relationship with the original. That could be interesting.

• Feywald

Feywald FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743966 - 1 week ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

I think we can all agree that Blake fits the protagonist of a Harem story better then anyone in RWBY. 3 or 4 characters interested in her although most are one sided and/or deeply unhealthy. 

Hoping we see more about Penny's origins either this season or next. Deeply suspicious of were her aura came from. Wondering whether Atlas has made a new penny('s) and it could be an interesting plot line if they have started using white fang prisoners as aura 'donors'.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743985 - 1 week ago

Speaking of shipping. So now that Ilia is stuck in Mistral while pretty much all the other female characters are elsewhere she is left with few options for romance. However there are still two named female characters that are probably still in Mistral. 

So for Ilia shipping, do you prefer Reese? Or Arslan?

DfNFpu0WkAAVVXW.png

RwkuIqO.png

• DekZek

DekZek

#33743997 - 1 week ago

I'd support both, but I am leaning slightly more towards Arslan.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744048 - 1 week ago

In reply to BakedBrain

In reply to MichaelHalpe

That is a hint and I do not score hints.

Furthermore I have the impression that you do'nt do that either.

Otherwise you should have "booked leaning towards "S" for Blake" from her trailer. Which does not exactly make her a top pick for "L" romantic relationships if you are going for canon.

And if you rewatch that ball episode you might notice that Blake goes cute/flirt twice. Although that makes her a top pick for any shipping with your favourite character, in the show the flirting is directed. And this posture scores.

I am fully aware, that the writers can do what they want in the future of the show. So Blake can go personality crisis "Something was missing in my previous ships", but as of now she has the most heavily "S" leaning ship record in the show.

And if you want to see what an unlock looks like then look at Neptune, he effectively dumped Weiss. So we can expect something there, although they are moving really slow shipwise. Pyrrha needed 3 volumes to conclude and she really rushed.

Finally I scored 1 for Renora, even before I noticed the holding-hands, but that was on credit. Nice of them to honour my credit.

As far as I'm concerned all fictional characters are Bi, Pan or Ace until otherwise specified, all that matters is their dynamic. 

• Wits

Wits FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744051 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Ace ?

• MichaelHalpe

#33744054 - 1 week ago

In reply to Wits

Ace as in Asexual- not attracted to people on basis of sex or gender. 

• Wits

#33744055 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

But nevertheles attracted to people , or not attracted at all ?

• MichaelHalpe

#33744064 - 1 week ago

In reply to Wits

In reply to MichaelHalpe

But nevertheles attracted to people , or not attracted at all ?

Both, depending on the sub variety, there are 4 general varieties of Ace, and dont ask me how they correlate but they do have correlations to the 4 aces in a deck of cards, Pan-romantic can be attracted romantically to anyone, Hetroromantic, Homo Romantic, and Aromantic (not attracted at all), 

• BakedBrain

#33744075 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

As far as I'm concerned all fictional characters are Bi, Pan or Ace until otherwise specified, all that matters is their dynamic. 

There we have almost consensus. Although I would call this just "blank" or "undisclosed" or any (possible combination) of LGBTS.

The consumer of fiction does not know anything about this subject until information is provided (just like any other character traits). And it is normal not to leave a character blank in this area, in normal life most people also do not advertise their sexuality.

And if you get information it may still be misleading or the character (more author) may "decide" otherwise later. But if you are fed information some of the five letters shrink and other grow. 

That is why I used the word "leaning" not "is".

• MichaelHalpe

#33744125 - 1 week ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Well for Yang, due to many of the things she has said, and many of her actions, she most likely has feelings towards Blake, though due to one moment in vol 1 is clearly Bi or Pan

• DekZek

DekZek

#33744127 - 1 week ago

I'd be more willing to classify Yang as Bi than Pan. Pansexuals are often attracted based on personality, which runs counter to Yang's behavior in that moment. 

Also, I wouldn't classify Yang as either of those yet, since I haven't seen any behavior by her indicating romantic or sexual attraction towards women. Most of Yang's behavior is within the realms of easily explainable through a platonic relationship. Everyone on Team RWBY was very close to each other, so Blake leaving in the manner which she did could reasonably explain Yang's behavior.

However, considering the writers seem to be putting more focus on how Blake's departure impacted Yang specifically, that could indicate unspoken romantic or sexual attraction, but we don't know enough at the moment to definitively state.

Another question. In what I have seen throughout the series, I haven't seen anything that could indicate Blake being attracted to women. This is basically the big thing preventing me from seeing Bumblebee as realistic. As far as I can tell, Blake is either straight or demi-heterosexual/romantic. In all honesty, I thought she was Ace/Aro until halfway through season 5.

• BakedBrain

#33744131 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

You should not go "clearly" on low key incidents. I would rate Yang as "dipping her toe into the water" and thus blank/undisclosed. She did not undertake any definitely romantic actions. Top action is "reserving one dance", accompanied by a wink. And she looke into a boys locker and made a remark. That is nothing substantial.

I would rather rate for obviously romantic actions and then for initiative, persistence and circumstances. E.g. you can give homosexual romantic actions a bonus because there is most likely no conformance pressure towards this sexual orientation.

Examples (my personal score):

Jaune:

* went (unsucessfully)  for Weiss persistently and on his own initiative ((1 Basis + 1 Initiative) * 2 for persistence) = 4 Points on S

* accepted a relationship with Pyrrha +1 for repetion, +1 for persistence = 2 more points on S

Ilya:

* was jealous of Adam for the relationship with Blake ((1 Basis + 1 initiative) * 2 for persistence + 1 Bonus for intensity and +1 Bonus for it being free of conformance pressure = 6 points on L

Weiss

* went for Neptune on her own initiative (1 Basis + 1 initiative), obviously nothing for persistence. Subtract 0.5 because her conservative father may have pressured for traditional relationships, total 1.5 on S

Ruby

absolutely no romantic related actions 0 on all 5 letters - blank

Since ships are run at glacial speed (like in any other series) and you do not get statistical relevant numbers of ships from the characters, 5+ is already quite heavily leaning towards the letter in question.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744163 - 1 week ago

In reply to sssnlove

Nah, I agree. I ain't going to drop the show over the whole BB vs BS debacle. Im 100% Bumblebee but I accepted a while ago their probably not going to go the way I'd like with that. That said, it's also the only serious ship I've got left in this show. Arkos is gone, Renora is basically together barring something extreme and WhiteRose never had a chance really I file that under "For fun" ships.

So if Blacksun wins this war-because you basically have to call it that these days with all the vile things that get said on both sides-then Im content to just sit here and any time they throw BS romantic type moments later on just clicking that fast forward button on the episode until that moment passes. Ive been called silly for that line of thinking, but frankly? If thats the road I have to take Im more than happy to, it's better than trying to watch it and just getting aggravated right?

All of that being said, I'll still watch the rest of the show. At this point I HAVE too. Im too far in to not see the ending, it would drive me up a wall not knowing.

• BakedBrain

#33744183 - 1 week ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Im content to just sit here and any time they throw BS romantic type moments later on just clicking that fast forward button on the episode until that moment passes. Ive been called silly for that line of thinking, but frankly? If thats the road I have to take Im more than happy to, it's better than trying to watch it and just getting aggravated right?

I do not know at what time in the show you got invested in BB. But what I just do not understand, is picking a random ship and then believing/demanding it to be canon that will very likely leave you disappointed because it would be pure chance to be in line with the authors intentions and given the size of the cast it is just unlikely.

Including the only female character shown in her trailer in company with a man in an L relationship does not improve chances. And all explored ships of the first batch of characters were very heavily hinted at (Pyrrha price-shooting Jaune, Jaune repeatedly going for Weiss, Ren and Nora always together). Then going for BB is just gambling at high stakes, either you guess a really long-build piece of the story (unlikely) or you are chasing ghosts.

If you want canon, then wait.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744184 - 1 week ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Well I can answer your question pretty easily actually. I’ve been leaning towards BB since the tail end of Volume 1. So pretty much from the get go of this series. Im no bandwagoner and I didn’t choose it strictly to counter pick against Sun like a lot of BB shippers admitedly did back then.

Blacksun has just never remotely appealed to me. And nothing they try with them will change my line of thinking on that matter. 

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33744190 - 1 week ago

Personally I'm pretty chill about ships and just ship whatever seems fun at the moment or like it could be canon. Nuts and Dolts always seemed pretty appropriate but after this scene it was pretty much set in stone:

https://youtu.be/L2JIlTwepbo?t=98

Now we just need to get to Atlas and find out that Penny has been restored from backup or something. I refuse to believe they went out of their way to set up something as game-changing as a robot with Aura if they weren't planning to do anything with it in the future. Especially since they've also teased future appearances of her dad.

• BakedBrain

#33744199 - 1 week ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

May not be so easy.

That machine in 3 which was intended to transmit Ambers powers to Pyrrha was said to transfer aura/soul into "something" (or into Pyrrha). Something could be a robot, so a personality would transferred to a technical system. All in all for me it looks like this machine is either even the original Penny initializer or something similar. If this is true, Penny has more metaphysical than a purely technical object and they would most likely be able to recreate her body/mechanics than her soul/personality because this was sourced from somewhere else. They may be/have been a source human and the question is then if the personality was copied or transferred in the process. If it was transferred it is most likely a total loss. But if copied, we may encounter flesh-Penny or flesh-Penny and robot-Penny(ies)