Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (10221)

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744205 - 1 month ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

That is an interesting piece of information. If BB was used by some people as a vehicle to attack a new character it is no wonder that there was a war. Because these people would not have cared about any damage to BB-follower reputation with destruction their main objective.

But even if you totally dislike BS you should at least not write about fastfowarding through unpleasant stuff because this has an air of sore loosing. Just do it. I jump the intro and the credits and rewatch only what I like, but fastforwarding on the first run seems too much effort for me.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33744284 - 1 month ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3S0x-mg8cY

Really hope he does videos on the other ones.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33744294 - 1 month ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2zrjCsYWQ2c

Truly explains things well here, especially the part about Sun, I highly suggest everyone check this guys videos out.

• SaberWulf

SaberWulf

#33744439 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

"It's okay for you to have bad opinions"

Right. Why do I want to read another line past that?

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33744457 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to SaberWulf

Because they explain things well and the things they listed about some opinion’s most Sun haters/the bad side of the BB fandom aka Wasps, have of him before saying that, are clearly false ones to have especially after chapter 1 of this volume and are just flat out bad ones. 

• SaberWulf

SaberWulf

#33744463 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I read it, probably shouldn't have but I did. All of the stuff discussed is that persons interpretation of it. Which is fine. You agree with it because they support your own thoughts of the scenario. Which is also fine. But that one line keeps sticking with me. Because he/she doesn't agree with people who have a negative view of Sun, their bad opinions. Wish people could keep their blatant ship bias out of their work.

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33744506 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

sun: *stops gigantic blast from wrecking a ship and all it's passengers*

sun: *literally thought blake was going on a suicide mission to fight the WF on her own*

sun: *has been helping blake out since vol 1*

sun: *literally admits that he wasn't helping blake just because he likes her*

people: lol hes a annoying stalker 

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33744507 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

if skipping BS scenes makes you feel better do what you have to do LOL 

BS vs BB is pretty exhausting but tbh i can also see RT doing the whole friendship route when it comes to endgame for all the ships and take the safe way out since hell will break loose if there really is a romantic endgame for either BS or BB. 

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744527 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to sssnlove

Not really about ‘feeling better’ more like I know those scenes will just annoy the ever loving piss out of me and Id rather not be mad at this show all the time.

It IS exhausting. When BS becomes canon, Im going on a media blackout for a bit to avoid the backlash and all the insufferable gloating from the BS fans.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744548 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

You just cannot rationalize sympathy for characters.

I do not like Coco. Do not know if it was her balance-breaking-killing-spree (cardboard targets?) or the grandstanding-cool, but I believe that this cannot be repaired any more.

So I quite enjoyed her being trampled by Mercury and Emerald. and I won't even complain about her sh*t tactics of firing on lost targets, because that fits my image of her just fine.

Personal taste that is. 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744722 - 4 weeks ago

Marvel Comics Stan Lee has passed away

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744985 - 3 weeks ago

This post makes me sad that any potential canon Snowbird is still a long way into the future. :(

Qrow: Hey, Ice Queen. Want to go out with me?

Winter: Outside? No, it’s rather cold.

Qrow: I mean like a date-

Winter: The date? It’s September first.

Qrow: You don’t know what a date is?

Winter: I just told you what the date was.

• BakedBrain

#33744989 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

That should not make you sad.

My projection/prediction is the following

* (at least) two more conflict scenes to establish the pattern (if the authors keep up their standard, this should be pure fun)

* Weiss is best positioned to notice that she and Qrow are treated similar by Winter. She yell-tells her sister to get her love-life in order, reversing their mentoring relationship (1 scene), (would really like to see this)

* Winter changes angle of attack to romantic; Qrow continues blocking (semblance thing & age gap, you know) (at least one scene) (depending on willingness of the authors regarding escalation - more fun)

* Ruby talks her uncle to get his love life into order (1 scene)

* Canon conclusion, they can go right to marriage (1 scene) (Nice, but the entertainment value will drop)

(at least 6 scenes)

Alternative for faster conclusion

* Weiss and Ruby conspire and set them up somehow or yell tell them both to get their love life in order (1 instead of 4 scenes)

I would prefer the long version, definitely more entertainment. Hopefully the authors are continuing this.

• Feywald

Feywald FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33745027 - 3 weeks ago

I am hoping/and expecting we get some character growth from Qrow this season. Snowbird would be a hilarious way for that to happen. I can see their next fight being over Weiss and how Winter treats her sister. 

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33745048 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Feywald

And how Qrow's alcoholism affects his nieces, which eventually prompts him to cut off his habit and start drinking hot chocolate or herbal tea or something (a visual way to show he's taking Winter's words to heart). 

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33745049 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

Speaking of Snowbirds I've been watching Berserk (The good one) and The whole Guts/Casca dynamic kind of reminds me of that ship (hopefully RWBY won't have its own version of the eclipse)

• BakedBrain

#33745068 - 3 weeks ago

3659507-1541018838482-Snowbird_Her_view_

That is my special interest.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33746663 - 1 week ago

BB has always been & always will be my OTP since Volume 2. After Volume 6, I'm convinced it's just a matter of time before The Bees become canon. Nothing & no one at this point can change my mind, & I'm sure all my fellow BB shipper will agree.

#WeBee-lieve!

blake yang

In reply to HunterBlaine

In reply to BakedBrain

Well I can answer your question pretty easily actually. I’ve been leaning towards BB since the tail end of Volume 1. So pretty much from the get go of this series. Im no bandwagoner and I didn’t choose it strictly to counter pick against Sun like a lot of BB shippers admitedly did back then.

Blacksun has just never remotely appealed to me. And nothing they try with them will change my line of thinking on that matter. 

• Feywald

Feywald FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33746704 - 6 days ago

I love the little interactions between  blake and  yang. This season has had a wealth of them. Last episode The look Blake gives Yang before they go to bed without patching things up was great. Also the way Yang grabbed Blake's hand as they ran out was cool if odd.

It is the second time Yang has gone to help Blake over her sister when they are in equal peril. Once i can write off as an odd choice but twice makes me think the writers have something planed. Maybe not BB but something regarding Blake and Yang that i am looking forward too.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33746731 - 6 days ago

well I for one am expecting to hear BMBLB in show this volume at this rate