Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (10476)

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750447 - 4 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

That’d be fine if they do so, just as long as they’d of handled it right but they really haven’t, at least not nearly as good as they could of. Though BS is also very popular in the fandom, and it’s not like BB easily beats BS in the number of fans that ship them. So if they go with BB, with the quite poor build up they have so far, it’d just feel like fan pandering instead of a good and natural choice in the story.

BS has the better build up, which is why I think it’d be the better one to go with, BB had the ability to be better built up starting this volume but they really dropped the ball on it. Simply because they didn’t wanna have the bees having that big of issues, even though it could of made their relationship stronger and deeper by getting through it. 

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750451 - 4 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I don’t really see it as ‘pandering’. Could the build to it have been better? Sure. But I think calling it pandering is a bit much.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750453 - 4 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

I disagree, I think calling it pandering is appropriate with how bad it’s been handled and if it happens this volume, if they are going with it, with how rushed it’d be.

But hey, if you wanna disagree then by all means go ahead, your mind is your own. Which is strange since your part of a beehive, so shouldn’t ya have a hive mind? XD 

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750455 - 4 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I mean they’ve kinda rushed the romances before in this show, at least the ‘confirming them’ part. We all thought Jaune would continue being clueless as hell until mid-volume 3 to the end.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750456 - 4 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

Actually pretty damn sure he at least started to realize things in Volume 2 after their talk at the dance, so very much disagree with ya there.

Anyways BB would have poor build up and rushed confirmation, which is horrible to have for any pairing, if it’s gonna be a thing, especially if its gonna be end game. If it does happen but then splits later on, then it kinda makes sense it has such poor handling, cause it would of never of been meant to last.

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750458 - 4 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

You ask me, I think there was always something at least from Yang’s side of things. Blake was the only outlier kinda making me ‘eh’ about it. But honestly thats changed since then

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750459 - 4 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

Well your choice to think and feel that way, honestly never really thought there was anything on Yang’s side, and definitely not on Blake’s end. And only now with how they seem to be handling things, poorly, do I find BB possibly happening and in a sadly, badly written way at that.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750470 - 4 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

So your not into White Knight? That's my favorite shipping

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750471 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I wouldn’t hate it if it happened, but I personally think Ruby/Jaune is cuter.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750474 - 4 months ago

During an ABTV Monty did say therewould be LGBT characters, and that they would be finding themselves and what is natural to them first, so no i don't think this is pandering, i think this was planned from day one

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750476 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Okay? Doesn’t make BB not feel like pandering just because of that. Because of how poorly and rushed the pairing is, makes it look/feel like it is pandering. 

The pandering, is not about their being LGBT character(s) and them discovering it, so that really has nothing to do with what I’ve said.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750479 - 4 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

If it was planned, it's not pandering, just that FNDM picking up and following it is confirmation that it was a good idea

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750480 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Omg...you don’t understand at all what I’ve said, and why the pairing looks/feels like pandering thus why what you’ve mentioned is really irrelevant on the matter.

• MichaelHalpe

#33750484 - 4 months ago

Now outside of the last two lines of red like roses pt 1, i will admit there isn't much to go on in vol 1, but I chalk that up to getting to know you period, vol 2 is where we start seeing some hints, mostly on the part of Yang especially if you are willing to accept quantity of small things as evidence, not much from Blake but she's carrying more blame than she should at this point and not really doing herself any favors. Volume 3 it gets pretty definitive that Yang is starting to see Blake as something more, and during the Fall of Beacon they tied her into Blake's arc in a big way, they were already partners so the one likely reason to do that is as set up. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33750486 - 4 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

It doesn't feel like pandering to me.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750485 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

It’s honestly irrelevant if they had planned it or not, fact of the matter is that given how it’s been handled and simply how things have been for both characters in the story with those around them, makes it seem and feel like pandering even if it isn’t.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750487 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

That’s merely yours and others interpretation of things though.

• MichaelHalpe

#33750488 - 4 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

It doesn't seem out of nowhere you just set the bar for viable evidence too high without considering quantity as a factor

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750489 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

More like you and others set the bar to low, and choose to make things out to factly be something you want instead of possibly being something else. But whatever, it’s clear we are just gonna go in circles on this and never agree so let’s just end this argument. 

• Irishtiger21

Irishtiger21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750507 - 4 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I know you don't see it, and that's sad, but BumbleBY has been building for five volumes, so your argument that it's rushed is way off because it has more development than any other ship in the show. Yeah, I know, you don't see it and you don't believe it, but that doesn't make it not true. And before you argue that I'm interpreting things incorrectly, while I admit it is certainly possible, if/when BumbleBY becomes canon it will prove that BB shippers were in fact interpreting things correctly. In the off chance that BumbleBY does not become canon, I will come back here to you and admit that I was wrong and you were right. However I don't see that happening.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750509 - 4 months ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

In your eyes it is, but that’s not at all factual, and is still poorly done in many ways also even if it does become canon it does not necessarily just make everything you interrupted as build up to actually be such. It also still wouldn’t of reached the full potential it had thanks to them dropping things and glossing over stuff, that right there is a fact.

But again whatever, we clearly disagree and won’t convince each other, so let’s not get another argument about this started.

• Irishtiger21

Irishtiger21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750512 - 4 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

You're absolutely right, I 100% disagree with everything you just said, except the very last part, so I will say nothing further.

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750513 - 4 months ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

Ive always wondered IF bumblebee does happen, will the BB shippers still have to deal with people-not Leon-attacking us?

Probably. They’ll just hate us for actually being right instead of just for who we ship.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750515 - 4 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

The likelyhood is certainly there, just as it’s likely people would attack BS shippers if that ship were to happen. There will always be hateful people towards certain ships, I for one though will always have my complaints for a ship that becomes canon if it wasn’t handled the way it could/should of been wether I shipped it or not. Like Sasusaku from Naruto, I love it but it could of been so much better, but i’ll usually keep it to myself after its official unless a discussion on it is going on thus only then would I share my thoughts again.

• Irishtiger21

#33750516 - 4 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

We've actually been discussing that, and we're expecting that some antis/haters will just let it go but we're preparing for all manner of backlash from the ones who don't, everything from outright hate to things like 'it's pandering', 'it wasn't the original plan' (that one really gets me, no one outside of RT has ANY idea what the original plan was, and now a few weeks ago we had Miles say they don't change major plot points or important story elements due to fan response, and just today Barbara said that "some things are shipping and things were planned out from the beginning") 'it came out of nowhere/had no development/was rushed', so pretty much the usual as of recently. It's interesting, though, how we used to get statements of "it's not going to happen/you're delusional" and now that's changed to the above arguments instead since things have progressed.

As for how we'll respond, most of us want to keep it civil and respectful, though we (and I) won't abide things like the PoH hater that keeps popping up sending us death threats.