Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (10287)

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33748606 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Feywald

If Ruby ends up with anyone, my vote goes to Jaune so I hope it happens. Rosegarden is just...no. Just no.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748609 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to emilyblack

If you ignore Ozmind, they're kinda cute, that said, I think White Knight has a better chance than Lancaster

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33748612 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Ive tried to ignore it and I just can’t especially now that we know even when Oz isn’t the mind in charge he’s still there at all times.

I go back and forth with White Knight and Lancaster. I think Lancaster has a very slight edge with me though

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748621 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

In reply to emilyblack

White Knight is my personal favorite, but right now it seems like Lancaster has a slight edge

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748623 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to emilyblack

The way I see it, its no different really than any ATLA or ALOK ships involving Aang or Korra, 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748658 - 3 weeks ago

comm__family_time__color__by_koniak007_d

Get a load of this

• Dinobot01

#33748659 - 3 weeks ago

14ff028bc4e60fe57791858049.jpg

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33748779 - 2 weeks ago

I think that right now, as of the latest episode, everyone seems to be pretty paired up.

Ruby & Jaune seem to be actively in development.

Blake and Yang seem to be actively in development.

Ren and Nora are already set in stone. There is no denying it.

And Weiss and Oscar are kind of left out in the cold as of now.

Oscar for now is locked out of shipping in my opinion because he has the Oz mind. And even then, I'm not sure he and Ruby would be a good fit anyways.

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say Oscar is expendable. He seems needed because of Ozpin. But other than that, I don't see the need for him to be there. Which is probably why he left, lmao.

The only tugs (tug of wars) I see is the "possible" triangle between Jaune, Weiss, and Ruby; and Blake between Sun and Yang. Even then I think Sun and Blake are kind of done. Sun saw her off and he walked away pretty ok with it all. I think he is just going to be that super close and reliable friend. I also don't think we will see Sun or anyone else for that matter for some great length of time, if at all. That might have been the last we see of our fellow Beacon academists. (Yes, I just made that up.)

I don't know. I think we are stuck until something deep happens or we get some new characters introduced. Either way, I'm fine with focusing on the story/plot line for now. We have built up our ships enough for a bit. Its time to see how well they float in open water.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33748780 - 2 weeks ago

Also, hope everyone's Christmas/Holidays went well!

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33749216 - 2 weeks ago

So I just gotta say chapter 9 really just makes me ship Gauntlets and Grieves even more, Merc and Yang are truly a great foil for one another in how their lives have been, their relationships with their fathers and personality. Seriously if he gets a redemption arc along with Em, who is no doubt getting such, then I just hope for at least some conversations between the two. Seriously the one of reasons I’ve always shipped this and, as well Black Sun, is because of how much more potential they have then, at least most, other ships.

And luckily with Black Sun we have seen quite the amount of that potential realized, can’t wait to see more when they go to Vacuo.

• Dinobot01

#33749221 - 2 weeks ago

o1Vb81k.jpg

Happy New Year!!

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33749248 - 2 weeks ago

Oooh perfect ship name for Yang x Emerald, Mommy Issues! And for Mercury x Weiss, Daddy issues!

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33749320 - 1 week ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Omg thats great!

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750255 - 3 days ago

I gotta say, I feel sorry for you BB shippers because while I never shipped it, I did see the potential for it to be a great ship if they went that route, after the events of volume 3. But they’ve really screwed it up, and made it so the pairing has lost a lot of the potential it would have, and great moments they honestly could of made with it, so even if it does happen...it’ll never be as good as it could of once been and that’s a fact. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33750257 - 3 days ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I frankly disagree, you might not see the build up, but many of us do, remember RWBY isn't a romance, its an action-adventure-comedy, romance takes a back seat, so expecting anything other than either slow and subtle or blindingly obvious is frankly unrealistic in this genre 

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750270 - 3 days ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Not talking about the build up, but again on it you and others simply see what you want and making it out to be such like it’s true despite everything easily being explained in plantonic ways which is partly thanks to them never doing anything that solidly showed/hinted at something possibly more between them, not to mention if they really have just been slow and subtle, they’ve honestly done so pretty poorly at least compared to other pairings that are written like so in other series, but anyways what I meant is the issues Yang had that they dropped. They could of really used Yang’s anger towards Blake and her abandonment issues to have an emotional moment with her, and also of had Blake help Yang with her PTSD to an extent before the Adam encounter so it makes more sense that she’s able to act and attack how she did, thus also making their bond and possible romantic relationship stronger and so much better when/if it happens.

I truly enjoy romantic sub plots, and moments that actually really strength twos bond and feelings are what make things so great for the journey to the relationship. If they these kind of deepening moments that had then understand each other better and grow closer, I’d be on the BB ship but they haven’t so I’m not, they’ve clearly dropped the ball with this pairings potential. As what makes a pay off for a pairing finally getting together so great, is the journey and they have failed with making that journey as amazing as it could be for BB, so if they go with it, the moment they get together ain’t gonna be nearly as satisfying as it truly could of been, that’s why I’m sorry for you shippers of it because your ship wasn’t able to reach its full potential.

Also just because a series is an action-adventure-comedy doesn’t mean they can’t have good, deep moments that could build up a romance. We had such for Arkos, so why not BB? Seriously using a series genre as a reason, is just an excuse people who are to lazily to put in the effort would make, and in this case, a fan trying to make excuses for the writers for their poor decisions.

• arklaynorth

arklaynorth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750278 - 3 days ago

• MichaelHalpe

#33750282 - 3 days ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Who's to say we won't get those moments, i don't think they realized how much the other meant to them until they were separated, 

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750287 - 2 days ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Are you a canon/prognosis BB shipper already, though not a sympathy BB shipper?

Please forward sympathy/pity only if the BB-shippers complain about the writing when/if they get what they want, otherwise it looks like sore loosing, and you do not want to look like an inverted wasp or don't you.

• Dinobot01

#33750351 - 2 days ago

Hearing what Nora said in the most recent episode, seems Renora is getting closer to being canon

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750393 - 2 days ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Of course you think that, and we clearly can’t get such moments now, at least not one of them.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750395 - 2 days ago

In reply to BakedBrain

What?

Well if they don’t complain, doesn’t mean I can’t point out the flaws in the pairing and how they failed to make it as good it could of been. And I wouldn’t be surprised if most don’t complain, since most of them seem to care more about it simply happening instead of how good the work towards it is. Which in every pairing is one of the most important things, as having a lack luster journey makes reaching the end goal a lot less grand, meaningful and memorable.

I just think with any pairings that would happen in this series and in any other, they should have as good of a journey as possible with as little of the potential their given being squandered as possible. BB is simply the one that honestly had a lot of potential to have a grand journey but they’ve failed with a lot of it already, so if they go that route, it simply hasn’t been given the treatment it deserved, thus why I feel sorry for it and it’s fans, just as I do with other pairings that suffer from incompetent writing.

Disagree with me if you want, but I don’t wanna do a pointless back and forth on this matter, would be a waste of time so that’s all I have to say.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750396 - 2 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Certainly does seem like it x3

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750406 - 2 days ago

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33750416 - 1 day ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I may not love BB as a pairing, but even I have to admit it’d be a bit of a mistake to not jump on something the fandom seems to be so big on.