Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (10476)

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750518 - 5 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Thats a small minority, once a ship happens, unless it goes horribly, it happens, 

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750520 - 5 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe 

Never said it’s a lot of people who do it, as it is certainly just a minority who will attack shippers simply because of their dislike of a pairing after it becomes canon. Unless like you said, it’s horribly done, then it’d likely be a lot of people doing so.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750549 - 5 months ago

Blake & Yang have been receiving development and love just as much as our other characters. Last volume and the one before that I have been saying that Bumblebee and Blacksun have just as much of a chance as the next ship. They were practically 50/50 until this most recent volume. Now RT has seemed to have drifted away from our other side characters to focus on our main characters/story development, which is a need we have been craving for a while now.

In between the story and the combat, we have seen multiple cases of Bumblebee being teased and hinted at; especially throughout this volume. It is one thing to show a facial expression or a glance here and there to stir things up, but usually they are not on the level of consistency that we have seen in this volume between Blake & Yang.

If anything, theses hints, teases, gestures, facial expressions could very much be in the realm of being very nonchalant, and are just intentionally put there to whirl up some controversy between the waring factions of shippers. If theres anything that will get a community talking, its a show's character relations.

But even then, after so many times, one begins to wonder, why are there so many of theses moments between theses two characters? If you would have asked me last volume if Blake & Yang had a chance, I would have said something along the lines of, yes, B&Y do have a fairly good chance at some serious development. 50/50 split.

But sadly, it is as I feared. RT has missed a perfect opportunity (in my opinion) to advance our two main characters relationship. RWBY has always had problems with screen time and balancing story with development, with action scenes which is why RWBY got so popular. So, whatever the reason, I'm sure RT just didn't get to it. I'm sure we all would love an episode dedicated to our favorite character(s)

Do I think Blake & Yang could have and can be handled better? Hell yeah. But I could say the same thing about RWBY as a whole and say they definitely should have worked in more screen time for characters and just made the show longer and gave it a little, lot a bit more love. Hell yeah to that!!!

I think Bumblebee has been hinted at and pursued by RT since the start of RWBY. (Not the literal start.) There are many hints throughout the episodes, and there have been many chances to produce some interesting results between the two.

From here, I don't know what could/will happen. I am hoping for the best and really wish that RWBY had more capability than it does now. I still long for the thirty min. episodes with thirteen to fifteen episodes in a volume. But hey, we all can't have everything.

I just think that if anything, Bumblebee has always had some love and development whether it be from direct face to face conversations between teammates, synergy in battle, or just small gestures and glances time and again. Its always had a very respectable chance at becoming more than what it is, and I really do think that RT has been pushing for some serious development between the two characters this volume. That, is undeniable.

All in all, do I think it had a better chance than other ships a little while back? No. I thought Blake had an even 50/50 split between Sun or Yang, and that it could go both ways at any time.

Do I think it has a better chance now than it ever did? Yes. If we have learned anything from this volume, it is that we have now been given solid proof that Bumblebee is in a good place in the show. We have seen it, we know it, and we are waiting to see if RT is willing to act upon it. They might, they might not.

Time will tell. But until then, every Bumblebee, Blake & Yang, Black & Yellow shipper will hold onto that proof just as much as any other shipper holding out hope for theirs. But until the canon is fired, and the ship is sailing, we shall watch as the war rages on. Both in Remnant, and in our community.

-Thank you all for reading!  ruby weiss blake yang jaune nora pyrrha ren

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750563 - 5 months ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

I’m glad you agree that BB could of been handled better, I especially think so with this volume, as while it’s getting somewhat clear hints of it possibly happening throughout this volume, they dropped certain things from both characters, or at least Yang, and what state their relationship should of been like at the start of the volume, that could of made it so great after working through em. Part of it is certainly them not having enough time and them focusing on other things, which is why these episodes really should of been longer, and BB should of gotten some more focus, if they really are about to go that route. 

I especially think so about Yang’s PTSD, as I hate and think how things went in chapter 11 with her was just plain bad in a writing aspect, if Blake and Yang had a moment in this volume before then, with Blake trying to help her out with the PTSD, it would of made more sense with how it happened and been so much better, especially with that moment they had at the end, as it would lf been stronger.

I honestly have an issue with how they’ve handled her PTSD in general over the volumes after she put the robot arm on, they were handling it well until then but then they dropped the ball, and that’s one of various reasons why Yang is actually one of the characters I like the least.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750574 - 5 months ago

I really agree. They have kind of shoved the PTSD to the bottom of the barrel. Granted we can't have Yang freaking out every episode and we have seen a few scenes of Yang struggling with her PTSD and maybe two total scenes of her talking with Blake or whoever about it. I think they did good at the start, but they did eventually move onto other things. It could be better, but I guess it's not the worst thing. I definitely want to see what happens when Yang shows up and sees Adam. Maybe, he could flee right when she shows up but I really would hate that. If anything needs to happen, its now. Super excited for the next ep.. XD

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750575 - 5 months ago

Yangs PTSD basically being dropped is a great example of why I have trust issues with the writers lol

• TheImmoralCookie

#33750578 - 5 months ago

Exactly! I would love to write RWBY with them just to, at the least, give a viewer's point of view and polish some things up. I have hope for RWBY but it seems every time my hope dies as they ignore or leave things that could be fixed! Its rough. Much trust issues.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750612 - 5 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

There's only so much time and it might not be dropped, just set to the side for now, the brain is good at suppressing things that aren't immediately relevant

• MichaelHalpe

#33750617 - 5 months ago

Come to think of it, PTSD is often characterized as the brain not recognizing it's not in danger. But yes it could have been done better.

However RWBY doesn't have stand alone episodes to do dedicated character development in, like say Avatar and RvB, it is meant to be watched as a series, so as much as I would love a "Tales of Basing Se" episode, it might be out of place at this point.

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750619 - 5 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Then with all due respect, they shouldn’t give their characters serious conditions if they aren’t prepared to give it proper attention.

• MichaelHalpe

#33750622 - 5 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

Just because they seem to have dropped it doesn't mean it will stay dropped, 

• TheImmoralCookie

#33750694 - 5 months ago

You both are pretty right I must agree. RWBY just needed more time and development. I would say they shouldn't have started GEN:Lock or whatever and just focus on RWBY but they are still a business after all, so.

• MichaelHalpe

#33750721 - 5 months ago

They have different teams working on each project

• BumblebyisCanon

BumblebyisCanon

#33750738 - 5 months ago

Ah good to be back posting after so long and hope you are all well!

Gotta say the inevitable happened and BB looks to be canon  blake yang(confirmed as much by the hype and excitement of the VA who know full well queerbaiting at this stage is a huge no-no)

So excited to finally see it happen and I must say it's been quite cool of people to open their minds to it and actually join in liking the ship. Lots of people have now been won over by the writing of the ship and it shows because it's the best written ship in the show (bar if ren and nora got some development)

There are still some rotten eggs out there (boo) who still want to spoil the party and still be hating on the ship but there's nothing that they can do really as of right now. They're hateful attacks on arryn or any of the CRWBY will be met with shut downs of all degrees. 

Also good to see good spirits on these forums too. We have respectful and good discussions going :)

• TheImmoralCookie

#33750742 - 5 months ago

Hell yeah!

Also, I noticed on Arryn's twitter her background looks to be a screenshot from an episode yet to be released. I'm really wondering where its gonna show up. I'm thinking in the next non-first episode but idk. I'm thinking it's at a fight scene with Adam because Blake is missing her white jacket.

Also, is the forums Broke for anyone else???

• MichaelHalpe

#33750743 - 5 months ago

In reply to BB-Corps

Trading one Bumblebee for another was a nice touch 

• MichaelHalpe

#33750744 - 5 months ago

Hell yeah!

Also, I noticed on Arryn's twitter her background looks to be a screenshot from an episode yet to be released. I'm really wondering where its gonna show up. I'm thinking in the next non-first episode but idk. I'm thinking it's at a fight scene with Adam because Blake is missing her white jacket.

Also, is the forums Broke for anyone else???

that's Episode 11

yes Blake seems to lose a piece of attire every time there's a major development with her character, it was the bow twice, now her jacket..

• Thrythlind

Thrythlind FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750757 - 5 months ago

It's very doubtful because there's not much representation of it that isn't festishized, but I'm hoping there's at least one polycule involved.

Ideally I'd like to see:

Ruby + Jaune
    Ruby + Weiss
    Weiss + Blake
    Blake + Yang
    Blake + Sun
    Blake + Illyia

The friends I watch with suspect that Team STRQ were an active polycule as well.

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33750901 - 5 months ago

i miss sun lol

• Thrythlind

Thrythlind FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750902 - 5 months ago

They're about at the amount of characters they can handle for the current story line, any more would start to get a bit overburdened sadly.

• TheImmoralCookie

#33750936 - 5 months ago

Just watched the newest non-first episode and I must say:

tumblr_pllac706XB1y5s9mdo1_1280.png

(screenshot taken by me)

You deserve this Adam!

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750941 - 5 months ago

i will never for the life of me understand where the legit hate for the BB couple comes from. 

• TheImmoralCookie

#33750945 - 5 months ago

I mean, I would be pretty upset too if I was a BS fan and knew it wasn't going to happen.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33750948 - 5 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

How about the attacks on Arryn? the behavior by the wasp? The fact they often attack Black Sun shippers who were honestly staying in their own lane?

I saw one person who I follow commenting that BB isnt canon yet as they need to confirm it by word and he ships BB and he got called a homophobic for it. He is Bi just to put that down.

I personally have been called homophobic back when Bmblb and all that issue by BB shippers for just flat out stating what Arryn herself said on the matter.

There are some good BB shippers but there is a LOT of Bad ones and it reflects on BB as a whole because of their behavior.

Like I personally dont care one way or the other to be honest.

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750950 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I was never ok with what was said to Arryn, and I call out wasps all the time for that crap. Most of us in fact don’t like that stuff.

But BlackSun shippers being attacked? Yeah well they attack BB shippers all the damn time, myself included. Turn abouts fair play