Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (10476)

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753355 - 2 months ago

In reply to EliseBlackwing

I'm back! I also laughed my *** off with that, ty! :D

• EliseBlackwing

EliseBlackwing

#33753919 - 2 months ago

Do I EVEN need to cover why this makes me fucking sick? The lengths some of these people are going to to justify their hatred for Bumbleby is getting on my last goddamn nerve.

https://twitter.com/ThatKaitoD...

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753922 - 2 months ago

I thought of a good way for White Knight to happen. Jaune stands up for Weiss in some way and the others think she should take him on a date. Weiss is reluctant at first, but then they remind her that Jaune saved her life. He literally brought her back from the brink of death. Weiss agrees and decides to ask Jaune out. She tells him that she owes him one for saving her life and standing up for her. Jaune thanks Weiss for the offer, but turns her down. Weiss is confused and Jaune explains that if he agrees to go out with her because she owes him, then he feels that he would be taking advantage of her gratitude and she respects her to much for that. That's when Weiss truly realizes that Jaune is truly different from all the other boys she's known. And that really gets the ship sailing

• EliseBlackwing

EliseBlackwing

#33753954 - 2 months ago

These two continue to amaze me :)

>https://mobile.twitter.com/BlawnDeeLeigh/status/1096593554560991232

• BumblebyisCanon

BumblebyisCanon

#33754058 - 2 months ago

Arryn and Barb are legends 

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33754926 - 1 month ago

Just found this haven't gotten through all of it.

It's pretty xiao long.....

• erepin

erepin

#33755164 - 1 month ago

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33755268 - 1 month ago

In reply to sssnlove

This video is one sided. You could do the same with BB and it would also make sense. Only in combination it would get strange and inconsistent (in my view). 

In my opinion it is not about the original plan. Authors should be allowed to let a story flow and change course especially with a long runtime. But the result should be consistent, and it is not my reception.

Something that occurred to me. 

If Blacksun was rock-solid planned after 3, it would have been exploited in Chibi. Even ships in keel-laying state are exploited. There may have been a doubletrack at this time already.

My personal take is that Blacksun did not become popular enough and the authors did not want to drag an author's pet with them. Which would not be a bad decision in itself, but the switch was somewhat challenging and they left a shipwreck. 

• Vaioumon

Vaioumon

#33755292 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain

I recall at the very least the gun show bit as an example of Chibi Blacksun.

The way I see it, this was always planned to be a "Will she pick Sun or Yang?" thing. The groundwork for both ships was laid out for a long while, Sun a bit more overtly, Yang a bit more subtly, leaving enough room for it to go either way believably. When they say with a straight face that "It was planned from the start", it's only a half-lie, because they planned for both as an intended fan debate topic. It probably would have gone on a lot longer if the Bumblebee fans didn't start getting so aggressive. Shows usually get planned a while in advance, so it makes sense that it took a while for it to start heavily leaning on the fan-requested side. But once that finally caught up they overdid it, with Volume 6 doing a disservice to both the plot and the Bumblebee ship by half-assedly rushing them, in my opinion. And since they decided to stay on that ledge of "Oh, it's probably canon now, buuuuuuuut...", they can still end up bringing Sun back to string people along again.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33755297 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain

My take based on an ABTV interview with Monty, BB was planned from the start or at least had roots going down for the possibility but they wanted it to be earned. If BB wasn't planned at least by the point they were writing Vol 2, Yang wouldn't have lost her arm to Adam in Vol 3. Narratively it doesn't make sense to tie their arcs together like that if it isn't for a ship, they were already partners and close friends at that point, so what else would it be for narratively?

• MichaelHalpe

#33755298 - 1 month ago

In reply to Vaioumon

Fans of both ships have gotten aggressive, it doesn't help that some BS supporters were blatantly homophobic in their reasoning

• Vaioumon

Vaioumon

#33755310 - 1 month ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

True enough. While I started watching RWBY in Volume 5, I've had friends tell me that was the case as well. Sorry if that came off one-sided, since Bumblebee supporters have been the majority I've seen and interacted with myself. It would have been bad for them to treat either ship this way, as long as they were this willing to bend this hard just to appease fans without much actual substance.

Personally I don't have much investment in these ships as much as the narrative, as my problem with both ships is Blake.

• MichaelHalpe

#33755319 - 1 month ago

In reply to Vaioumon

Blake until recent volumes has tried to shut people out from her problems, she started to open up in vol2/3 but then fall of beacon happened. Sun's job in Vol 4/5 was to get through to her that she shouldn't shut people out, 

• Vaioumon

Vaioumon

#33755324 - 1 month ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Yep, I know all that. When I meant I started watching in Volume 5, I meant that was the time period where I got into RWBY, and went back and watched the whole show. 

It was honestly surprising to me how many people insisted Bumblebee was the canon ship given all the blatant ship teasing and setup Blacksun had, but then I was able to go back and see all the subtle hints and nods that made it just as viable.

• MichaelHalpe

#33755325 - 1 month ago

In reply to Vaioumon

While I don't count music that exists only in the soundtrack as canon, as a rule, I do count any music that has been in the show or in a short, with that in mind, Red like Roses pt 1 and Armed and Ready are pretty significant. It is also pretty significant that of the 4 pairings from the Emerald Forest arc, 3 of them had at least one member seek the other out, Blake and Yang being one such pair, the other two where this happened are Renora and Arkos, canon ship, and short lived canon ship, and especially at this point, Blake wasn't exactly the most trusting person, 

• Vaioumon

Vaioumon

#33755336 - 1 month ago

I...uh...y-you don't need to try convincing me, y'know? Like, I saw all of that. I watched the show. I'm agreeing that Bumblebee is a valid ship within the context of the show.

• MichaelHalpe

#33755345 - 1 month ago

In reply to Vaioumon

Not necessarily trying to, just rambling about little bits of evidence

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33755365 - 1 month ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Maybe I have overlooked something, can you please tell me where either Yang or Blake actively seeking out the other. If you mean that rushing shadow, it is more the opposite, avoiding, because the rules were to team up at sight. It would still be a special interaction because no one else did it and it goes against the rules.

• BakedBrain

#33755368 - 1 month ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

This is the direct result of running competeships sequentially,. You extract the worst of both sides. Like wishing to dispose permanently of an obstacle character, threatening cast and authors or dishing out tons of insults. The motives are not that important, you can easily keep up with customized insults using general ones.

If you really have to have a competeships, they should run neck and neck, so that it is obvious what is going on.

• MichaelHalpe

#33755380 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Blake is the black blur when Yang is fighting the Ursa. Confirmed in vol 1 commentary

• BakedBrain

#33755390 - 1 month ago

I do not get how you get from intentionally delaying teaming up to actively seeking.

Blake has general problems with teaming up at this stage and that consumes the incident. The protection theme would then explain her revealing herself, although the remaining Ursa is no real threat. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33755406 - 1 month ago

In reply to BakedBrain 

At that point, really you have to take things a bit more narratively, but she chose Yang whom she just met the previous night, over anyone else random

• BakedBrain

#33755418 - 1 month ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

For choosing you need an alternative. In this case a shadow blur with another free character would be required, I did not see any, but I am easily swayed if you can provide one. For seeking out, searching prior to contact would be required. Did not see that either.

If you really need it, draw a finger of fate card.

• BakedBrain

#33755419 - 1 month ago

In reply to Vaioumon

Thank you for providing information, although it does not support your general view. Book yourself a point for fairness.